It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian vs Brazil Women  (Read 44233 times)

Offline kojak

Re: Colombian vs Brazil Women
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 02:45:36 AM »
Looks like we have similar opinions on this subject. I'm not ragging on the guys that transplant, I just choose not to take the risk of Americanizing her.

This is also why I would REALLY like to talk to some women in Honduras but wont. I can't see Honduras as a stable proposition for permanent residency. Costa Rica I can see, Brazil is a possibility (But the Cost of Living is significant), and a few others. Then again, this is why I plan on visiting all these countries so I can see what I would be getting into first hand.

I have  similar views of bringing latinas to live in the U.S. that's why I'm in the process of moving to Panama, at least if I bring a Brazilian, Colombiana or whatever I know culturally she'll be able to adjust to Panama without many problems. Keep in mind I'm not saying that a latina can't adjust to life in the U.S. but eventually they do change for better or worst when you bring them into the U.S.

One of the main reasons why I enjoyed the company of a Colombiana or Brazilian is because of their attitude towards life in general(Joie de vivre) even if they are poor there is a joy in there life that's intoxicating...I've seen it in other latinas to a lesser extent but you bring them her, that "Joie de Vivre" is going to change. From my point of view Colombian will adjust better to life in the U.S.

I use to work with several Colombianas when I lived in Austin TX several years ago, both of them came to the states after marrying gringos, both of them would cry all the time about how boring life here was, how bland everything was. Both of them were seriously contemplating returning to Colombia, one of them had family in Patterson NJ she would tell me how much fun it was going up there to visit... I laugh told her that Patterson was a sh**t hole compare to Austin. Both of them would go out partying most weekends while their husbands where busting their asses working. I told them that if they where married to Colombian guys that sh**t would never happen, one of them said probably not. I told both of them several times that it takes time to adjust to a new life and culture, with time they would realize that the U.S. was a great country regardless of what anybody says.

Brazil for the most parts its a great country, "country of the future" I do hope that all the accolades bestowed upon them do come to fruition but there are crippling issues facing that great country still, one of those issues been the small middle class "uneven wealth distribution" if they can conquer that issue lookout. Generally  speaking though the south is more develop than the rest of the country, better distribution of wealth produces a larger middle class less prone to leave their country looking for a better life. It can definitely happen just don't expect it to be like Colombia or other parts of Brazil, hell I've been told that they have more in common with American Women, don't know how truth that is but I've heard that.  
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:24:41 AM by kojak »
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Offline braziliangirl

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »
Brazil for the most parts its a great country, "country of the future"

Brazil is the "country of the future" since before I was born. And I'm 29. I do believe we have a great potential, but this excess of corruption may prevent us from going somewhere...

hell I've been told that they have more in common with American Women, don't know how truth that is but I've heard that.  

Totally true, especially in the South/Southeast (sadly for you guys, where the prettiest ones are....).

Offline crusin2k8

• Probie
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
Hello Braziliangirl

You mentioned South and southeastern Brazil as having the prettiest gals, What areas would you be referring to and what makes them so special?  Do they have a certain look or personality traits?  

I have seen many women from Brazil and beauty was never in short supply
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:52:54 AM by crusin2k8 »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »

Offline Zon

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
B-Girl; Please clarify ---
Quote from: kojak on Yesterday at 04:45:36 AM "hell I've been told that they have more in common with American Women, don't know how truth that is but I've heard that."

B-Girl - "Totally true, especially in the South/Southeast (sadly for you guys, where the prettiest ones are....)."

Not EVERYTHING about American women is a negative.   What specifically do you mean?

- Age Gaps of more than 20 years are possible, but not normal in the US.  They certainly are normal in Colombia; Peru; and Eastern Europe.   America is a youth obsessed culture; so traits like intelligence and success are not as highly valued as in other countries.  Plus, very few people suffer REAL financial hardships.

- League Gaps.  On a similar note, America is Beauty obsessed.  So, if you ever see a "normal looking" 40 year old man hadn in hand with a knock out sexy 23 year old women ... there is social pressure and whispers.  This is almost exactly the opposite in Colombia and other culture where the most beautiful young ladies hardly take the good looking young men seriously.

- Happy and home and not DESPERATE to move ANYWHERE ELSE.  I understand women in South Brazil and Chile are happy and don't want to run away to a fairy land - the USA (by the way, the same is true with the MOST BEAUTIFUL women in Colombia).

I am well over 35 years of age but have tons of game (some think that is a good thing, some don't ... I am still not sure).  It is not uncommon for me to date hotties in the US in their 20's.  (The truth is that women do not value model looks like men value model looks). But why would I want to? (other than the obvious).   It is very very very hard to find a younger, attractive women in the US that has an inner world that values traditional views with a sincere willingness to form a family.  Again, this is the exact opposite in Colombia, and with other Latinas I have met and dated. 

I have not crossed South Brazil off my list - or Argentina for that matter. 

I am interested to hear your thoughts.  THANKS
I

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »

I use to work with several Colombianas when I lived in Austin TX several years ago, both of them came to the states after marrying gringos, both of them would cry all the time about how boring life here was, how bland everything was.

This is all so true! The same reason I keep preaching about having the ability to spend the right amount of time with a foreign girl no matter where they are from.

I will not ever do a K1 again after my last situation. 90 days is a ridiculously short amount of time to decide on marrying, unless and only if you have spent enough time with her in her country, otherwise I would recommend marrying in her country.

But this gets back to the original quote, it is a problem all too common when a girl is trying to adjust to life in the USA. I got the same feedback from my wife, but I thought she could weather the storm long enough for us to get settled in a little better.

But I also mentioned before that I met a Brazilian translator here in AZ and she told me how many transplanted Brazilian girls there were here and how she helped the Police and state communicate with these girls, since so many had left their husbands or things did not work out. So she was nice, but was warning me. I found her on craigslist and she was translating a telephone call for me to a Brazilian girl a few years back. I decided that learning Portuguese was just not in my game plan.

Offline anm8tr

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »
(PS - every once in a while I get info, or meet someone that is perfectly refined and attractive in Peru ( I prefer blancas and flacitas - not so into indiosa).   I know there are 1 or 2 contributors here that are big Peru fans.   It just seems that there is too little cream in the crop?  Still, very likely worth a visit)

I am currently in contact with 3 Women in Medellin, Two Colombianas and one Chilean. I have only met 1 Chilean in my entire life, well at least that I knew was 100% Chilean and that is a girl that currently works for me, she is quite attractive but distinctly different than other SA women I have met. It's interesting watching my Mexican customers trying to figure out where she is from due to her light skin and Chilean accented Spanish. Most are very surprised she is Chilean. The Chilean I am corresponding with is very attractive and has quite a different outlook on life as compared to the Colombian girls. In fact she commented very highly on my detailed letter and she also responded the same back to me, which is an absolute first. The only reply I ever received similar was from a Brazilian girl in Belo.

But, I have also recently been in contact with an absolutely gorgeous Peruvian girl, but they are quite short in stature I am finding, this girl is 5'3" but built like a you know what! I was quite taken by surprise. She contacted me through AFA as did a zillion Filipino and Russian women. Onyl a few from Colombia have written, but many Peruvians, but nothing like the one I befriended. The bad part is she is too young for me at 25, well she turns 25 on the 17th. I had to draw the line at age 30 as an absolute minimum. Most women older than 30 have too many children already. I'm no spring chicken either, so I have some decision to make, do I want kids at 50? well, better now than never. I think family is one of the best ways to keep a foreign marriage together. OTOH, you don't want to end up chasing your spouse and kids back to their country either. I think we have all seen the horror stories on that.

But yes, Peru is very viable as is Chile for some researching.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »
I'll bet a lot of women from foreign countries, period, wouldn't mind moving back to their native lands in a minute. Rarely a day doesn't go by that my wife doesn't talk, or at least think about it. It's just that the money we make and the money she makes and sends home, make life back there a lot easier for her family. Still, every last one of them works and/or goes to school--they're not free loaders. My wife's greatest dream is for us to have a home back in her country.

Sometimes, with all the poverty, corruption and pollution back there, I can't see why she misses it, besides the family element, but then again, they're not locked into a rat race fueled by materialism.

As some smart fellows have said, if you can live abroad with your wife, your chances for making it last are greater than if you marry her and stay stateside, especially if you can keep your pants on with all those hotties running around back in her country....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
Hello Braziliangirl

You mentioned South and southeastern Brazil as having the prettiest gals, What areas would you be referring to and what makes them so special?  Do they have a certain look or personality traits?  

I have seen many women from Brazil and beauty was never in short supply

Hi crusin2k8,

I understand that the concept of beauty is totally relative. So I'm talking about what I think most of the guys would find beautiful (or the mains standards imposed to us by the media ;)). In South and Southeast people have less Amerindian influence and more European. So there you would find more girls with fair skin, light eyes... I'm from the North and here we have more of the Latin look, but still with some influence of the European look. I'd say even in the North, we look less like Amerindians than woman in Peru, for example.

People here use to say that the most beautiful women in Brazil are in Minas Gerais and Goiania, they have more like the girl next door look. Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul and Paraná concentrate the European communities and that's where models we "export" like Giselle Bundchen and Alessandra Ambrosio are from. In Bahia you can find more mulatas. Rio and Sao Paulo, might have the largest diversity, because people from all over the country migrate there. Girls from Rio are really into taking care of themselves... Finally, in Pará and Amazonas is where you would find the more classic Latin look. Please notice that I didn't cover all the states.

Just to make clear, before someone shouts at me, I'm not saying that a certain look is better or worse. I'm just trying to explain and make it easier for you to picture how women look like here.

About the personality... I could say that South and Southeast have the more rich states, so girls there seem to get in touch more with other cultures, and because of that, they are more like American or European girls, career oriented and everything. In the North and Northeast, you may find more girls that are family oriented.

Again... It is not scientific or 100% accurate. It's just based on my observation (as someone who is born here and travels a lot) to help you with the big picture.

If is there anything else you want to know, just ask me.

Good look on your journey,
braziliangirl

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 08:57:01 PM »
B-Girl; Please clarify ---
Quote from: kojak on Yesterday at 04:45:36 AM "hell I've been told that they have more in common with American Women, don't know how truth that is but I've heard that."

B-Girl - "Totally true, especially in the South/Southeast (sadly for you guys, where the prettiest ones are....)."

Not EVERYTHING about American women is a negative.   What specifically do you mean?

Hello Zon!

I'm sorry if it sounded that anything in American women is negative. I said "sadly for you guys" because I understand that if you are here, that's because you don't want a woman that has a lot in common with AW. Otherwise you would just stay there, right?

I have many American friends and I would say they are among the nicest people I know. Honest, hardworking, always willing to help... I hope I'm not just lucky to know the "right" ones.

BUT... I observed that AW are losing their sense of femininity. And by that I mean what you call "value of traditional views with a sincere willingness to form a family". That seems to be happening on the more "developed" parts of Brazil too.

- Happy and home and not DESPERATE to move ANYWHERE ELSE.  I understand women in South Brazil and Chile are happy and don't want to run away to a fairy land - the USA (by the way, the same is true with the MOST BEAUTIFUL women in Colombia).

I could say the only ones that are "DESPERATE to move ANYWHERE ELSE" are the poor ones. Middle-class and rich ones are happy with the Disney and New York trips once in a while. They can get good jobs here, since they could paid for good education and everything.

But, love... oh love... I'm considered middle class and have a very good job here. But to pursue my dream of raising a family with this guy I was in love with I was about to move out to a tiny town in Poland... So, it is not impossible that one of those girls would go to the US for you.

I have not crossed South Brazil off my list - or Argentina for that matter. 

If you like the European look, this is the way to go. Though I'd say that Argentinian guys are much more handsome than Brazilian, so maybe you would have more chances here.

I am interested to hear your thoughts.  THANKS
I

You're welcome, if you or other guys need to know more about Brazil, just ask me.

I will say one more thing. I know girls from almost all over Brazil, and the nicest ones are complaining about the lack of quality men here. Basic things like just treating a woman right is totally being forgotten.

Best,
braziliangirl

Offline Zon

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »
OKAY BrazilianGirl, your my new confidante in matters of the heart and travel ...  I don't know why, or how it happened but the two have become intertwined to me.  I think it is because I am not only seeking a partner in life, I also understand that i am willing to adopt a new culture and to partly become that place too.

So ... I did not take any offense to your observations on American society and American women.  I think you are right on with what you see as positive and negative.  There is a "role confusion" that is common in modern societies - I do not think any gender wins.  The men are not getting what they want and neither are the women.

Personally, I do like the European look.  And, that can be found in Colombia a little too.  I am especially curious about your observation about Brazilian guys being less attractive that Argentinian.  I had a Romanian girlfriend a couple of years ago.  I could not help but notice that all the Romanian women were beautiful to me, but the Romanian men where rather unattractive - how that hell is that possible:)   

Can you compare the positives and negatives of Brazil to Argentina for me?    I am a 7 in beginner Spanish on a scale from 1 - 10.  I have a good chance to become intermediate by the year's end - which is huge for me!   I am not against learning Portuguese - but HELL that will take time.  And, I understand that without Portuguese, it is difficult to get around and communicate?  That is why Argentina stays on my mind.  Plus, I think the cost of living and economics are better for the US dollar than in Brazil; but I could be mistaken.

Lastly, I would like to ask, in general of course, about the sincerity level you think most Brazilian people would have to a north American visitor.   In Colombia, it takes time to develop real, honest relationships.  It is difficult to not feel that people are just being interested for financial gain.  Do you think Brazil is different?

And about danger and violence ...  I know Rio has very dangerous places, but how about San Poa and the smaller cities in the South?   I don't mind getting scammed for a few dollars every now and then, but GOD DO I HATE TO HAVE TO WORRY about being kidnapped - that would suck.

Thanks for participating on the forum, but the way.  It is great to get a woman's perspective and to shift the focus away from Colombia for a change.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:50:24 PM by Zon »

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »
Oh Zon! You are such a lucky guy. I just came back from Buenos Aires...

Now it's time to sleep, but I'll prepare a good report for you.

Offline kojak

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 04:57:14 AM »
quote by Zon:Yesterday at 10:24:58 AM 
 quote[Not EVERYTHING about American women is a negative.   What specifically do you mean?]quote

Yeah Zon I wasn't implying anything negative about AW but the fact is a lot guys are venturing overseas looking for that special one. My personal history with AW hasn't been that bad....AW generally speaking tend to be a product of their environment, they can be very picky when it come to choosing a mate, the reason why they are like this is because they CAN BE, plain and simple. Competition here in the states for the nicer looking ladies can be fierce, I've seen guys spent big money just to get close to a nice AW. Another reason why I tend to stay away from AW is because of what brazilgirl mention in one of her post "lack of femininity" its all good and well females trying to act like guys, you know the saying "imitation is the best form of flattery" but I don't want a masculine gal sleeping next to me, you know what I mean ;)

Me myself I've always been attracted to latinas, specially Colombianas and Brazilian, probably has something to do with my childhood growing up in Panama. For a half gringo kid it was heaven on earth, even later on in my life coming back to Panama opened up my eyes to all the great possibilities available to a gringo or in my case half gringo.

I got a question for you braziliangirl,  I've been corresponding with a garota through Parperfeito she is from Recife, I was wondering if that service "parperfeito" was pretty popular in Brazil. Is it widely use, your opinion would be most welcome?

Muito Obrigado!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »
I would not overlook Ecuadorian women either, not just because my wife is Echatoriana, but In the time I have spent there, there are some absolutely stunning women and very well educated and much more traditional then Colombianas and tall as well, My wife is 5'6, and I see many that height and contrary to popular belief, Ecuador is not one big Indian Reservation ;D. If you want a good educated, traditional woman and are tired of Colombia, Ecuador is a good choice and if I had not met my wife, I would still visit there as there are some great women in that country. Divorce rate is very low there.

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »
Re:
>>I would not overlook Ecuadorian women either, not just because my wife is Echatoriana, but In the time I have spent there, there are some absolutely stunning women and very well educated and much more traditional then Colombianas and tall as well,<<

It's nice to 'think outside of the envelope'--Ecuador, with some 13 million people, has a reputation for lovely womem. Quito and even more so, Guayaqui, are pretty big metropolitian areas.

There is so much variance among people in each country, but I'd dare to venture than there's a bit less drama overall in Ecuadorian women than you might find in Colombia or down in Brazil..

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 08:10:56 AM »
I would not overlook Ecuadorian women either, not just because my wife is Echatoriana, but In the time I have spent there, there are some absolutely stunning women and very well educated and much more traditional then Colombianas and tall as well, My wife is 5'6, and I see many that height and contrary to popular belief, Ecuador is not one big Indian Reservation ;D. If you want a good educated, traditional woman and are tired of Colombia, Ecuador is a good choice and if I had not met my wife, I would still visit there as there are some great women in that country. Divorce rate is very low there.

KB

I was thinking about saying that, Kiltboy1!

I work with some Ecuadorian women and I've been in Quito once. I made friends quickly and they were incredibly nice. One of the girls I knew was married to an American guy for some years, but  didn't even care to get a greencard or something like that (they were living in Quito). For me that shows that she was really interested in the guy and not on moving to the fairy land.

The girls I work with are the best. I have to interact with people from all over Latin America as well and many states in the US. And I would say that the girls in Ecuador are the best to work with, they are so dedicated, sweet and smart. They even care to try to speak in Portuguese with me. One of them is a senior manager and she is seen in the organization as an example of balance between work and family dedication. And they are pretty too. I guess if I were a guy I would definitely chose Ecuador.

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 08:17:32 AM »
I'd dare to venture than there's a bit less drama overall in Ecuadorian women than you might find in Colombia or down in Brazil..

Totally agree.

And there, just like in Brazil, they are complaining about the lack of quality men.

I remember one day I was sat in a cafe with my friends in Quito, and I looked around. Almost all the tables were filled with single good looking girls. That was when I realized "the crisis" may be global LOL

Offline kojak

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »
Re:
>>I would not overlook Ecuadorian women either, not just because my wife is Echatoriana, but In the time I have spent there, there are some absolutely stunning women and very well educated and much more traditional then Colombianas and tall as well,<<

It's nice to 'think outside of the envelope'--Ecuador, with some 13 million people, has a reputation for lovely womem. Quito and even more so, Guayaqui, are pretty big metropolitian areas.

There is so much variance among people in each country, but I'd dare to venture than there's a bit less drama overall in Ecuadorian women than you might find in Colombia or down in Brazil..

This off topic but I got to asked ROBERT ANGEL if that lady on your picture is your wife, she is a beautiful ladies if she is. She looks like a latina, I've be told that some filipinas are mix with spanish but she looks more spanish than anything else. You are a lucky man indeed, congratulations Robert on such a nice find!!!   

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
This off topic but I got to asked ROBERT ANGEL if that lady on your picture is your wife, she is a beautiful ladies if she is. She looks like a latina, I've be told that some filipinas are mix with spanish but she looks more spanish than anything else. You are a lucky man indeed, congratulations Robert on such a nice find!!!   

I guess many latinas look like filipinas... When I'm at the US, someone always ask me if I am filipina.

And yes, Robert, your lady looks great! Congratulations :)

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 10:01:19 AM »
I got a question for you braziliangirl,  I've been corresponding with a garota through Parperfeito she is from Recife, I was wondering if that service "parperfeito" was pretty popular in Brazil. Is it widely use, your opinion would be most welcome?

Muito Obrigado!!

I've heard of Parperfeito and a friend of mine was using it. But online dating is something that people here in Brazil are very ashamed to talk about. I would tell you that unless she is looking for someone outside of where they live, a girl with chances to get a nice guy in real life would never apply for such service.

If you plan to come to Brazil, Recife is a very nice place. Wonderful beaches around there.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
Regarding

>>And yes, Robert, your lady looks great<<

Well, first of all--THANKS! Joy is Filipina, but there's definitely Spanish blood in her family, as is quite common, with Spain having run for the place for I don't know how long--but a long time. As you know, the standard greeting in the 7000+ nation is Kumu sta ka? --or something close, as there are many dialects and some are very close to Spanish to the point where if you're good in Spanish, you can get by. Not every where there, but in some places for sure. I was just reading a site on Zamboanga, Philippines, and at the top, it has "Zamboanga Hermosa!  Bienvenidos!"--I'm sure they take liberties with the language, but you get the idea...

Anyways--I want to take some time --and it would probably take all of 15 minutes if I press the right keys, to copy maybe 6 or 8 random profiles of Filipinas and show how some look purely Spanish, such as with milky white skin and well defined noses, some like my wife in the picture, with a cream clored complexion, to Chinese of similar variance in complexion, to Japanese, Korean, Indo-Maly and Indian looking women, to name but a few over there.

There are just sooo many different sorts of people there, and many are beautiful in different ways. Something for everyone, I guess.

I am sure I'm going to insult somebody here (Hey--someone call Ray!) but --and this is just ME--I don't care for too much 'drama'--not having to chase and conquer, fight and make up--no more 'kisses and hand grenades' for me. I was pretty much done with that by High School. Again, that's just me and some guys just LOVE and LIVE for that 'give and take'. Yes, sex is usually better after you fight and make up, but if you're lucky, communicate openly and keep it fresh, it can be pretty damn good already.

Three of my Uncles married Hispanic women and they treated me like a Prince--I was never hungry and always had a bed at their house. But temper? Si! My late Uncle Luke made incredible money, suprisingly from driving a truck long distances. I guess he'd be making close to $200,000 today. But he'd go away for  2-3 weeks and come back and Aunt Jenny would have put an inground swimming pool in the back yard to 'surprise' him. Or she'd replace the new carpet with 'newer' carpet. And generous to all in the family--as a teen, I never lacked movie money for a date. Lord, she could burn through some money and between the rice and beans, Tom Collins and Cuba Libres' flying around, she had a temper you could fire up the grill with. So did a lot of the Spanish gals I dated and my dear Aunts Sonia and Norma were pretty firey too.

Here I go again, rambling on and ticking off half the people here--but anyway, in the Philippines, I just had better luck with gals from the country (province) who after high school went to the big city for college or at least meaningful work. In the city, they saw, often for the first time, prostitutes, drinking, drugs and temptations, but never forgot (hopefully) their roots. Back in the province, where if you were an easy lay or drunk--that's the rep you had to live with, most teenage girls wouldn't dare.

I think a lot of what I am saying here you can generalize to other nations and bringing spouses to the USA.

Most foreign women who I see come to the USA and 'go bad' don't have much in the way of education or job prospects once they get here. They come to the USA from a very, very simple back round and BOOM, the big city, bright lights and all that comes with it, overwhelms them. They choose the wrong friends. We met a gal last weekend from a barangay (village) not far from my wife's in the distant province, (very rare thing) who was working in a strip club and she never told her husband--a soldier serving in Iraq. I was dumb founded and ready to puke. I asked my wife how someone from so close to her village and environment could be sooo diffeent and she explained "That's why our parents sent us to Davao (a big city) -so we could be exposed to such things while focusing on our education--that girl never saw anything until she left her village, she probably didn't have a strong family value mindset and was easily led 'astray'.

Most Filipnas I know are calmer tempered than most Latinos I know. Again--that's just me and yes, there are variances ALL over. Both have a sense of fashion and many may enjoy gossip, but my wife is quite humble, hates gossip and too much talk (why the hell she married me, I'll never know)  but if I say something remotely WRONG in being critical of her, her country or family and her pride will come out.  We soloicit each other's opinion and no matter how stupid I get, she never calls me out in public. >>RESPECT<< If someone ELSE does hurts her verbally, chances are she'll let it slide, but after the lights are out, she'll share with me the slight and make me swear not to put a contract out on the offending person.

She has a degree from a fine school in computer engineering, but doesn't pretend she's better than anyone else. She's TOO nice in some ways and she doesn't think she's pretty, no matter how many people tell her how she's lovely. She wears no, or very, very little makeup and clear nail polish, if that, except maybe on her toes--ha ha. What you see in the picture is how she looks when she wakes up and it totally amazes me. She has a cute little gap between her front teeth and I told her if she wanted, we could easily have it filled in, but her Mom has that too and a such, she wants to keep it and not risk offending her family by going and changing. She has a brilliant white, killer smile anyways. Most American women's faces came out of several jars of makeup and w/o are unrecognizable. After we've been out somewhere, if there was another lovely lady present, Joy will often say in private "She's a 'hottie' looking woman isn't she?--I wish I could be a 'hottie' looking woman--in college, I didn't even get noticed'...". Well, that's MY GOOD LUCK!

Not to say that theere aren't some WONDERFUL people w/o educations, because there are and some of the dumbest and snobbiest jerks are the highly educated, so called middle and upper class people. My Grandparents were Irish and Italian immigrants and without high School educations, became better educated than I am, even with three graduate degrees. They could kick my ass in any intellectual discussion if they wanted to and knew classical literature I don't even know the titles of. My family would disown me if I judged people merely on education and looks alone.

I know there are some great women in Brazil and Colombia, but I have never taken the main route or straight line in my life. I think I'd look at places like Peru and Ecuador for starters, IF I was single and searching in L.A., but I'd go back to to Philippines first for sure. My heart laughs and cries with those people's.

I would love to go back to Mexico (certain places) and visit Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Argentina and a few other places, but I think I'd probably meet the right gal (if I hadn't found her already) in places more off the beaten path. That said, remember that in matters of the heart, nothing is certain and love will be right where you find it. Hopefully it will transfer well and last many years for you!

Sorry for the ramble....

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »
robert,

you posts about your girl were one influences on my decision to break up with my german ex. you really sound like you love her and if you sound like this here, i can imagine the things you say to her.

german guy would be like "did you ran today? how many km?" "honey, i've just came out of the hospital, remember?" "that's no excuse, if you want to be with me, run!".

cute  >:(

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »
german guy would be like "did you ran today? how many km?" "honey, i've just came out of the hospital, remember?" "that's no excuse, if you want to be with me, run!".

Well, I guess that would make him a deutch bag. :P

Seriously, some men feel that being controlling and an [snip] is how to be the male in a relationship. It is not. Not saying to put the woman on a pedestal, then she loses all respect for you and you have doomed the relationship. There is nothing stopping you from complimenting her and being that reassuring emotional rock in her life. Love and be loved in return, simple concept. I don't understand why so many people just can't grasp that concept.

I also find that being able to laugh at MYSELF helps a lot. I poke fun at others, but I use self-deprecating humor all the time!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:57:43 PM by Woody »

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »
I am sure I'm going to insult somebody here (Hey--someone call Ray!) but --and this is just ME--I don't care for too much 'drama'--not having to chase and conquer, fight and make up--no more 'kisses and hand grenades' for me. I was pretty much done with that by High School. Again, that's just me and some guys just LOVE and LIVE for that 'give and take'. Yes, sex is usually better after you fight and make up, but if you're lucky, communicate openly and keep it fresh, it can be pretty damn good already.

You insult me sir!  Pistols at dawn!

I can't handle the drama either.  My Colombiana is very calm, but definitely not lacking in passion.  They're not all drama queens.

She's TOO nice in some ways and she doesn't think she's pretty, no matter how many people tell her how she's lovely. She wears no, or very, very little makeup and clear nail polish, if that, except maybe on her toes--ha ha. What you see in the picture is how she looks when she wakes up and it totally amazes me.

If I may quote my fellow Canadian Mike Myers: "She's such a babe, if she was president she'd be Babraham Lincoln".

You're wife is very attractive, but more importantly she sounds like a beautiful person ... congratulations amigo!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
Hey, KB, a guy I worked with just retired and is going to move to Cuenca in about a month. Do you or your wife know the place? He's just interested in a cheap, no stress retirement place, not looking for romance nor business opportunity. Yes, he HAS been there before, and yes he HAS been granted a pensioner visa which will let him live there full time. Just wondering what it's like. The Wikipedia article about it mentions that it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its colonial architecture.

Offline kojak

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
I've heard of Parperfeito and a friend of mine was using it. But online dating is something that people here in Brazil are very ashamed to talk about. I would tell you that unless she is looking for someone outside of where they live, a girl with chances to get a nice guy in real life would never apply for such service.

If you plan to come to Brazil, Recife is a very nice place. Wonderful beaches around there.

Thank for your answer brazilgirl, I didn't know that online dating was frowned upon by many Brazilian. Sounds like the U.S. back in the days when your where consider a freak for using the internet to date. Now Here in the U.S. social networking (facebook, myspace, twitter, hi5, ect)are probably the most popular avenue of dating or socializing in this the U.S.  I think with time more Brazilians would be more open to online dating, especially within the newer generation.

I'm actually surprised by the number of beautiful garotas you can find on parperfeito, from pretty much every area of Brazil. You can definitely see the differences by region just by looking at the pictures of the ladies on parperfeito. The last time I went to brazil I actually wanted to go to Recife but was caution not to, a lot of violent crime "murder capital of Brazil" I don't know how it is now but I'm definitely thinking about it. Also I'm surprise by how many lorias they are in Recife, I taught southern Brazil was the only area that you could find loiras.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 324