Forum > Immigration and Visas

form N-400

(1/3) > >>

piglett:
so this week we are filing form N-400 so my wife can become a citizen.
we were going to send in the paper form but it looks like most folks are now
doing it online & uploading needed documents.

who has already been down this road?

thanks P

robert angel:

--- Quote from: piglett on August 24, 2018, 09:45:13 AM ---so this week we are filing form N-400 so my wife can become a citizen.
we were going to send in the paper form but it looks like most folks are now
doing it online & uploading needed documents.

who has already been down this road?

thanks P

--- End quote ---

Hey Piglett!

Not much help here beyond the obvious, you know, to check the clunky USCIS. GOV site but it's changed some in the decade or so since we did it and my wife says yes, her friends did it (do it now) online, uploading necessary documents.

Dunno if they still have options as to where and when you can go for the interview and official swearing in ceremony, but at that time, some of my wife's friends went to Atlanta, while back then, we were able to go to smaller city, a lot closer.

Only slip up we had was originally my wife sent in her name Filipino style, which included her Mom's maiden name, which didn't synch right with her USA paperwork, so we had to redo that.

But it was a memorable day. We dressed up a little and went out to dinner after. Might be fun to drill her on the basic US history questions--we were given a 100 question booklet at the biometrics well before the actual day. Later on, they asked her six questions, pretty much the easiest ones.

Don't forget to take pictures!!

Best,

Rob

mambocowboy:
We didn't have a swearing in ceremony for some reason in 2015....

Ray:

--- Quote from: mambocowboy on August 25, 2018, 02:41:48 PM ---We didn't have a swearing in ceremony for some reason in 2015....

--- End quote ---

That's weird.

Did they swear her in at her interview? Usually, a federal judge does the oath.

Ray

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Ray on August 26, 2018, 04:44:04 PM ---That's weird.

Did they swear her in at her interview? Usually, a federal judge does the oath.

Ray

--- End quote ---

Gotta say it left me wondering too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version