Forum > Immigration and Visas

My wife is on her way to being an American

(1/2) > >>

mambocowboy:
She passed her test this morning. Ceremony will be next month. Quite an accomplishment for a Barranquillera who didn't speak nor understand any English when she came to this country 4 years ago. Very proud of her....

robert angel:

--- Quote from: mambocowboy on September 09, 2016, 04:15:13 PM ---She passed her test this morning. Ceremony will be next month. Quite an accomplishment for a Barranquillera who didn't speak nor understand any English when she came to this country 4 years ago. Very proud of her....

--- End quote ---

Congratulations. We have fond memories of the experience, especially the formal swearing in ceremony. Don't forget to take pictures. Just a lot of happy people from all over the world. Some mostly older people had a little party afterwards for all the new citizens, pretty much just a cookies and lemonade arrangement, giving us little USA flags and stuff. Just a nice vibe. Afterwards, we made a day of it, seeing the area, having a nice dinner, etc.

My wife is proud to be a US citizen, but that didn't stop her from having me drive her all the way to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC, to make sure she also kept her citizenship from the Philippines, giving her dual citizenships.

At that, we were still suprised when an absentee ballot for the Presidential elections showed up in her mailbox---that's expensive postage and it was prepaid for mailing back. She picked the winner, which is good, but I don't think she's seeing anybody in the USA Presidential election this time to get enthused about.

Oh well, that being the case, she's in no hurry to register, lest she get assigned jury duty!

mambocowboy:

--- Quote from: robert angel on September 09, 2016, 09:14:26 PM ---Congratulations. We have fond memories of the experience, especially the formal swearing in ceremony. Don't forget to take pictures. Just a lot of happy people from all over the world. Some mostly older people had a little party afterwards for all the new citizens, pretty much just a cookies and lemonade arrangement, giving us little USA flags and stuff. Just a nice vibe. Afterwards, we made a day of it, seeing the area, having a nice dinner, etc.

My wife is proud to be a US citizen, but that didn't stop her from having me drive her all the way to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC, to make sure she also kept her citizenship from the Philippines, giving her dual citizenships.

At that, we were still suprised when an absentee ballot for the Presidential elections showed up in her mailbox---that's expensive postage and it was prepaid for mailing back. She picked the winner, which is good, but I don't think she's seeing anybody in the USA Presidential election this time to get enthused about.

Oh well, that being the case, she's in no hurry to register, lest she get assigned jury duty!

--- End quote ---
Thanks Robert. It was neat to see a few people giddy walking out of the interview room back into the lobby, just having been told they passed the test, and they couldn't contain their excitement. It reminded me how fortunate I am to have been born in this country....

Elexpatriado:
Way to go.What a success story.

mambocowboy:

--- Quote from: Elexpatriado on September 10, 2016, 06:19:23 AM ---Way to go.What a success story.

--- End quote ---
thanks Elex

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version