It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: work visa  (Read 1264 times)

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
work visa
« on: December 11, 2019, 09:05:38 AM »
hello everyone,

So my wife's youngest sister just became an RN in her home country (Philippines)

My wife has found an old couple that she has worked for in the past who wish to sponsor

little sis as they are looking for a full time live in care giver (they are both in their 90's).

In the past they had offered my wife the job (including buying her a new car)

but she already works for the county & she plans to stay due to the benefits package &

pension plan that they offer.

So what type of visa does little sis qualify for?

thanks piglett

PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: work visa
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:02 PM »
hello everyone,

So my wife's youngest sister just became an RN in her home country (Philippines)

My wife has found an old couple that she has worked for in the past who wish to sponsor

little sis as they are looking for a full time live in care giver (they are both in their 90's).

In the past they had offered my wife the job (including buying her a new car)

but she already works for the county & she plans to stay due to the benefits package &

pension plan that they offer.

So what type of visa does little sis qualify for?

thanks piglett

Hey Piglett! How are you, the rest of the family, chickens etc? I'll try n find out more-- you prolly saw this already:

https://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/uncategorized/how-to-sponsor-a-caregiver-in-the-usa/

Looks like going down a damn muskrat hole!!

My wife's wonderful sister is also an RN. She's been in Dubai going on 3 years, done well but life in the land of sand isn't great. Money's better,  but Arab nations treat Filipinas like crap.

We're pretty much resigned to having her continue to take the NYCLEX RN Exam. She's prepping for that. That'd make possible entry into USA (especially Texas) a bit easier,  but certainly not simple, w/ 'agencies' along the way--with greedy hands, contracts and other B.S. We're also looking at European countries requirements.

Working in another nation can make your appeal (experience) to other nations better, as well as increase the efforts of the agencies in other nations to get you in.

Canada was a lot more friendly for bringing in Caregivers last time I looked, but I bet your asawa, like mine, would so much more like her family closer to  us...

Seems like a stepping stones process.

But yeah, this is a topic we're both interested in. Tried playing 'match maker' and finding her a decent guy, but nah....

While we tried to find her a good guy stateside and Filipina Cupid worked for us in our time, for my wife's pretty,  well educated, down to earth and funny as heck sister, it has been a waste of time

Maybe we'll carry this on in PM-- whatever. Hate to clog up this incredibly busy website (NOT!) with conversation outside the normal....

Best of the holidays to ya!

Rob
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:11:55 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:04:38 PM »
Hey Piglett! How are you, the rest of the family, chickens etc? I'll try n find out more-- you prolly saw this already:

https://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/uncategorized/how-to-sponsor-a-caregiver-in-the-usa/

Looks like going down a damn muskrat hole!!

My wife's wonderful sister is also an RN. She's been in Dubai going on 3 years, done well but life in the land of sand isn't great. Money's better,  but Arab nations treat Filipinas like crap.

We're pretty much resigned to having her continue to take the NYCLEX RN Exam. She's prepping for that. That'd make possible entry into USA (especially Texas) a bit easier,  but certainly not simple, w/ 'agencies' along the way--with greedy hands, contracts and other B.S. We're also looking at European countries requirements.

Working in another nation can make your appeal (experience) to other nations better, as well as increase the efforts of the agencies in other nations to get you in.

Canada was a lot more friendly for bringing in Caregivers last time I looked, but I bet your asawa, like mine, would so much more like her family closer to  us...

Seems like a stepping stones process.

But yeah, this is a topic we're both interested in. Tried playing 'match maker' and finding her a decent guy, but nah....

While we tried to find her a good guy stateside and Filipina Cupid worked for us in our time, for my wife's pretty,  well educated, down to earth and funny as heck sister, it has been a waste of time

Maybe we'll carry this on in PM-- whatever. Hate to clog up this incredibly busy website (NOT!) with conversation outside the normal....

Best of the holidays to ya!

Rob
yes, i see the Asian side of the site is just on fire.......not ;)
all is well on this end, most but not all of the chickens became either adobo or found their way into a roasting pan.

thanks for the info , i will pass it along.

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:04:38 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 08:24:28 PM »
yes, i see the Asian side of the site is just on fire.......not ;)
all is well on this end, most but not all of the chickens became either adobo or found their way into a roasting pan.

thanks for the info , i will pass it along.

pig

Actually there's NO side that's getting traffic around here lately
Maybe it's going to a demographic where posts on adult underwear, denture care and ED drugs would generate more traffic!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 333