It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Greatings All  (Read 8227 times)

Offline JohnnyB

• Friends Make Better Relationships
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Greatings All
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:52:35 AM »
I'm Johnny 43yr soon to be 44yrs. 18 days and trying not to count.
I'm in New Mexico working for the Rail Road and living in the Country on 7 acres.
Ive got 2 Horses,2 Pigs, 20 Chickens and many Dogs. I run a Rescue for Unloved, Unwanted Dogs and Find homes for them.
I also Show and Weight Pull, Agility and Conformation.
Looking for that Country Girl that is Close to the City.
 ;D
Not All Things Are Black & White
There are 133 standard Crayola Crayon colors

Offline Capstone

• Spouse's Country: China
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Greatings All
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:11 AM »
Hi Johnny and welcome to the board. I lived in New Mexico for many years myself and enjoyed my time there very much. Do you have a specific country that you would like to focus your search on yet?

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »
Hi Johnny,
               Welcome to the Planet.

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »
welcome what country are you interested in?
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:06:41 AM »
Well i will 1st say My Heart never made it to the Philippines like it should have 26yrs ago.
I was raised by a Mother that was the best Father I could of ever had.
She raised me to be the type of Man she wanted. Both of my parents came from Italy when they were Teens in a arranged marriage. Well my Father did not provide how my Mother hoped for.
So my mother had a girlfriend from the Philippines who married a westerner who lived next door.
She had a sister who was single 23yrs old and a dance teacher.
I had wanted to marry early and settle down to have a family sooo at the Ripe age of 17yrs I started writing and talking on the phone to her. After 1yr of this it was time to go meet her......I got scared and explained it was too awkward for me to have created these feelings for somebody that i had never meet b4 eye to eye.....I joined the Army and we slowly stopped speaking......I still regret it to this day and may inquire to her life now. but not make contact if she is Happy.
Sooo after all this info mation " Philippines"
will be my Country.
I'm just recently separated for a year now after 16yrs married and 19yrs together.
We have agreed to Fully Divorce by May of 2015 when my youngest graduates.
In that time I'm looking to find somebody and start building a knowledge and friendship in hopes of marriage once Again.
I also hold China and Thailand as possibilities but Philippines 1st.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:20:27 AM by JohnnyB, Reason: Added info »

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 04:27:35 AM »

Hi Johnny,

The first step in finding a new wife is to get that legal divorce.

Ray

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 05:17:31 AM »
Thank You Ray.
We have all paperwork filled out and notarized........and submitted to the court with detailed explanations on our dates.
It helps that i worked at the Court House for 9yrs.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »
Yep, no woman you'd want as a wife would have anything to do with you until you're finally divorced.  Beware of the ones willing to chat sexy talk with you before you're even close to getting the paperwork finalized.  Sure they'll smile and get flirty, but suddenly you'll find they have a sick grandmother who needs your $upport for her life-saving treatment.  Assuming it's even a real "she" to begin with.  You best bet for now is to get financially stable, see if you can learn some of the language, culture, watch some of their movies and TV if you can get it, try the food.  See if you really want to get fully connected with everything about your country of choice.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »

Hey Johnny,

Is that you with the whiskers?

I'll tell you now that the facial hair is likely to be an issue with a lot of Filipinas.

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Some Filipinas won't tell you that they really dislike facial hair, even though they do. I think a lot of them are 'too polite' to come right out and say anything, but the majority by far prefer 'clean shaven'.

A lot of them associate beards with really old men--sort of along the lines of Confucious, if you get my gist...
It's kind of odd in a way, because other than that, a lot of very pretty Filipinas will marry an older guy who most younger American women would consider 'homely' and 'unacceptable'--but the Filipina will look at the outer appearance and consider his good heart and personality inside him as being much more significant.

In our marriage, I'll forever be "Shrek" and she's "My Fiona". I'm no prince, and all that kissing hasn't washed the frog out of me yet, but hey, she's still at it.

But for some reason, yes it does seem that facial hair bugs a lot of them, even more than you being chubby, having a nose like a banana or perhaps even being bald.

I knew my wife for about four years before we married and she didn't really tell me she wanted my goatee gone until after we were married already--so dang polite. But it was a very happy day for her when I shaved, although my kids didn't like it for a few weeks.

It's kind of odd again, because after a few years of watching me on webcam twice a day w/o commenting on my facial hair, but observing what mess my house was, she finally got up the gumption to politely ask " Can I ask you a question" <---(Famous opening line for a good Filipina) and then followed that with:

"Would you mind if I did a little 'reorganizing' there?"  :-\

BTW--Have some of you guys gotten that "Can I ask you a question?" preface to the actual question?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
 ::)  Yes those are my whiskers.

I have heard of the dislike for facial hair.
I had hoped that one could Love Me 1st then say Plz Shave..........I didn't want to shave until i found the One......That made me run to the Airport.
But from all Ive read here I truly RESPECT everybody Experience and Knowledge.

I did think i could become friends with a special woman before my divorce was final.
I felt speaking and writing created a friendship and would have never made any promises or Traveled till i was free.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »
Well Johnny, I'd like to think that if she's really worth her salt, that like my wife, she'd look past your beard and realize that you have a lot of upside--a lot of potential, and patiently wait until later--in our case MUCH later, to ask you to shave.
I suppose some ladies who are nice might ask you to shave sooner--especially ladies from the bigger cities, but it's hard to say. Good luck!

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »
BTW--Have some of you guys gotten that "Can I ask you a question?" preface to the actual question?

used to get it all the time before i got married
I drank what!!!!!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »
Thank You. I really do listen to all opinions and recommendations.

I see that many think of women being submissive. That was one of the things that scared me back when i was 19 speaking and writing to the young lady.
I saw how her sister served her husband, but that was also my lack of knowledge.
I would like to see both partners sharing there opinions and moving forward.
Back to my whiskers I'm a long time Harley rider and keeping the wind in my hair and some bugs out of my mouth.

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 04:46:03 AM »
Johnny,

I think you’re trying to put the cart before the horse.

You are looking for that special woman in hopes of marriage some day, but you aren’t planning to legally divorce for another 3 years…is that correct?

This isn’t going to work if you expect a woman to commit to waiting for a legally married man to make up his mind to divorce. Under your current plan, she would be potentially wasting 3-4 years of her life with too many uncertainties.

The typical marriage-minded Filipina woman will want to move quickly when she feels that she has found the right man. It would be unfair to her to expect her to wait until you finally put an end to your marriage. The likely outcome would be that she marries the other guy who visits first and is legally ready for marriage.

I don’t know if your putting off the divorce is motivated by financial reasons, hope of reconciliation, or whatever, but I would strongly recommend that you either get the divorce finalized now or put off any search for a potential mate until you are legally free to marry again.

If you do start communicating with some ladies overseas, I would clearly state up front that you are a married man…period. Don’t even mention your plan to divorce in 3 years because the fact that you are legally married overrides all that.

On the facial hair thing in the Philippines, about the only guys who have it are usually the unsavory gangster types, hence the negative image it tends to create. Having a neatly trimmed mustache or well- manicured short beard would lekely be more acceptable than the biker image. But I would be interested in the reaction you get with your current growth, so be sure to keep us updated on your experiences.  How many years do you have invested in your whiskers now?

As far as the country setting with all the animals, that shouldn't be too much of a problem with the barrio ladies. I don't know if many of the big city girls would go for that setting though. Dogs are not generally as well liked or trusted over there as they are here, so some may be turned off by that part of it.

Ray

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
Thank You!!!!!
evaluative, robert angel,Bob _S and for the Very Serious Funny man Ray

Otter appearances do create a Bel if or Concern.
I'm going to accept what I see and Hear from many but until your face to face reading there intentions comes last.

Ray............ 8)

I can too put the horse before the cart if I want to :P
Its all about whats in the cart.

Yet you are still correct!!!

I miss addressed my dates: May 2014 is the date for my Dorice.
Son graduates and we have fullfilled our commitment together.

SO 2yrs, Yet i still do see your point.

There will not be any reconciliation.
There will be no financial situation.
We have made our minds up 2yrs,
earlier and have followed through.

I wanted to build a friendship because i know I will become more distant from my emotions the longer it goes without somebody.

Whiskers??  Only 3yrs and a few accidents, So it could be longer.
Its Only Hair I Know.......

I do know my searching will not happen overnight i have too many different levels of comfort.

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »
  Under your current plan, she would be potentially wasting 3-4 years of her life with too many uncertainties.

The typical marriage-minded Filipina woman will want to move quickly when she feels that she has found the right man. It would be unfair to her to expect her to wait until you finally put an end to your marriage.

.  How many years do you have invested in your whiskers now?

As far as the country setting with all the animals, that shouldn't be too much of a problem with the barrio ladies. I don't know if many of the big city girls would go for that setting though. Dogs are not generally as well liked or trusted over there as they are here, so some may be turned off by that part of it.

Ray

Great observations and comments Ray.
And the one about the "whiskers" .......
PRICELESS!!

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Whiskers (I've never had a beard, had a mustache  from 14yo up until about 50yo when it turned white so I shaved it off), motorcycles (In my younger days I always rode Suzukis, besides the 'gang' image, Harleys are over priced and unreliable)  and the Pay Day brand overalls aside (What, you play the Dobro in Roy Acuff's band or something?), Ray is right....nobody (well, nobody who isn't so undesirable that that is the only chance she has, or isn't a scam) is going to wait 2 years for a married man to "see if he really does divorce her"....start looking when the divorce is final, not a minute before. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time. When the divorce is final, loose the beard and the overalls.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »
I miss addressed my dates: May 2014 is the date for my Dorice.
Son graduates and we have fullfilled our commitment together.
In that case, I'd recommend start sending out just feelers around mid to late 2013, with no promises, just saying you are looking for a pen pal.  You'll still get swamped with replied.  Something will click with someone as the date of finality approaches.  Then you'll be ready to fly out no sooner than June 2014 when you are legally and morally free.

On the facial hair thing in the Philippines, about the only guys who have it are usually the unsavory gangster types, hence the negative image it tends to create.
It's the same with tats in Japan.  Only yakuza and other unsavory types get them, so no good girl would want to bring such a guy home to meet the folks.  Be your independent expressive self if you want, but you could end up limiting yourself to a particular type of girl that nobody else would consider marriage-worthy.  That's just the way things are across the Pacific.  If you got 'em, keep 'em covered when going to meet the future in-laws.  Just a word of advice.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 01:30:52 AM »
 "motorcycles (In my younger days I always rode Suzukis, besides the 'gang' image, Harleys are over priced and unreliable)  and the Pay Day brand overalls aside (What, you play the Dobro in Roy Acuff's band or something?), When the divorce is final, loose the beard and the overalls."

Well Thank You "michaelb"

During my time with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band playing back up I needed to Blend in.

"Actually I was at work for that picture"

Was that a Sarcastic Dig on Stereo Typical
Attitudes or just your own.
Ha ha Good one.

I'm glad to receive Judgement it helps improve our Culture base.

I will remove the Beard so I can Look Pretty and Dress up to show a Different Person, To Sell Myself.

Bob_S

Thank You...... I understood much about the body art while in Korea.
Friends who were married pointed out some of the Culture issues but also stated those were "Old Thoughts" and that was in the Early 90's.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:58:58 AM by JohnnyB »

Offline Tanuki

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »
All this talk of beards.  I told my girl this morning I was going to grow a beard.  I saw the smile vanish from her face as she thought about.  And, after a minute of silence, she asked me if I would shave it off before my next trip to the Philippines.  "I like your face clean and I can see your handsome face" she said.  I told her I thought it would be a enhancement to my looks.  Yeah, no.  She didn't agree.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »
I've actually seen some Filipina profiles where they came right out and stated that they were actually fond of tattooed guys in particular, so just as people in general are individualistic, so are Filipinas.

That said, I still think it's more the exception than the rule, but seek and yee shall find!

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

Well Thank You "michaelb"

During my time with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band playing back up I needed to Blend in.

"Actually I was at work for that picture"

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band? Close enough, I reckon. Well, Johnny, you got me on that one, not that I didn't deserve it.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »
Thank You...... I understood much about the body art while in Korea.
Friends who were married pointed out some of the Culture issues but also stated those were "Old Thoughts" and that was in the Early 90's.
While that attitude might be prevalent among the sophisticated urbanites of Tokyo, Seoul, or maybe even Manila, you are probably looking for a rural gal which tend to be a bit more conservative in any country.  Forewarned is forearmed.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
Maybe tell her you're with ZZ Top.... ;D

Offline JohnnyB

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:42 AM »
Maybe tell her you're with ZZ Top.... ;D

Good Idea! I was going to say, I was The President Of Hair Club For Men.
"Comb over Division"

Ive received 2 responces to my profile in which I asked "Can you See Me Through the Trees", I will Shave My Beard for That Special Someone.
"That they would like to be the one to get me to shave".

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »

Good Idea! I was going to say, I was The President Of Hair Club For Men.
"Comb over Division"

Ive received 2 responces to my profile in which I asked "Can you See Me Through the Trees", I will Shave My Beard for That Special Someone.
"That they would like to be the one to get me to shave".

You're on the right track. If they ask if you're bald, tell them that it's actually a 'solar love dome' thing you've got going, and that is produces unlimited energy!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:53:13 AM by robert angel »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 87