It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: New here...with a question  (Read 1930 times)

Offline rmarkc

• Probie
New here...with a question
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:47 PM »
Hi guys,
I'm new here but have been considering the option of a SA wife for a couple years now, thanks to a Colombian ex-gf and some very nice Colombian neighbors.

I'm very impressed with latin-wife.com.  They have a great selection of women, a slick site and seem very professional.  From what I've read here, they have a good reputation too.

Now the question...What do you think of their "Discover Latina Women Interested In You" option?  Answer a questionaire and select up to 30 (or more) women.  They translate the profile and forward it to your choices.  They also post the profile in their office for 2 months for other ladies to see.

It seems like the easiest way to get contact started and sort of levels the playing field for the women.  They see my pictures and read my profile and decide if they want to get in touch.

Well, that's my 1st question.  I'm sure I'll have more, a lot have already been answered by previous posters.  Thank you all for sharing the good and the bad.

Mark

Offline sean126

Re: New here...with a question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:25:05 PM »
rmarkc,

I'm one of the guys here that has used latin-wife.com's services.  Yes, they are excellent. 

I don't think that option is a good idea unless you have plans on going down sometime soon.  That will be there very first question...wether they say it or not, is "when is he coming here".  I wouldn't do anything until you've set your mind on a date to go.  The serious ladies do not want to wait 6 months to a year for you to get there.   I think I'd start doing something about 2 months from your arrival there.  Maybe a little less.

When you go....I'd recommend going for at least a week, if not more...if you can.

btw....welcome to the site!

sean126 

Offline rmarkc

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »
Sean,

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

I'm definitely not ready for a trip anytime soon and I hadn't thought of that possibility.  I don't even have a passport yet.  The last time I left the country you only needed a driver's license and birth certificate to get into/out of Mexico.

Mark

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 11:19:26 PM »
From what I have seen the women want to have you go meet them.  Many of the women don't really do email very well.  They need to see that you are serious in meeting them.  They get hundreds of guys writing to them but very few actually go and meet them.  If you are wanting to meet one and marry them your going to have to prove you met them in person. 

Offline Montrealer

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 07:11:30 AM »
Rmarkc,
I also used the agency latin-wife.com and I've said my fair share of good things in the past.  I did use the service "discover latin women interested in you" and was very pleased with the results.  If I remember I sent my profile to about 90-100 girls and I got about 70 odd positive responses.  From there I weeded them down.  Then 45 days later I was on a plane going down to Colombia for my first visit.  Now here I am 2 years after my first visit, living in Colombia married to my Colombian queen (whom I met through the above mentioned service on my first trip), and also with my 3 month old daughter.

So yeah, I have good things to say about the service.

But like others said, if your not ready to take the flight, don't waste your time.  Many of the girls that do share emails, are also sharing emails with many other men probably, plus all there MSN messenger contacts.  You just won't be taken that seriously as you would be if you showed up in person or at least were able to give a date soon enough so they could know you were for real.
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Offline EbonyPrince

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
I also used the service, and I will say that LW provides an excellent service. 

Unless you know Spanish, you will also require their translation services while there once there.

I feel that you are waisting your time, if you don't plan to go anytime soon.

Offline rmarkc

• Probie
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 12:27:04 AM »
This week I got a cyber kick-in-the-ass and I am in the process of planning a trip to Bogota in January.

I mentioned a Colombian ex in my first post.  The reason she is an "ex" is because she had to move back to Colombia and we lost touch.
The internet is a wonderful and mysterious thing, I googled her and found an email address.  It turns out she had been looking for me too.

One of the 1st things she asked was when I was coming to see her.

Now I'm hoping for a big Christmas bonus and a short line at the passport office.

What is Bogota like in late January?

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 08:12:07 AM »
I am in Bogota now.  Currently it rains a lot, and can get a little chilly.  But I think the rainy season ends by late January.  Bring a jacket none the less.  night time can get a little chilly.  Day time usually not to bad.  Bogota is pretty high altitude so it will take a couple days to get used to the Air.  First couple days you may wake up with a small headache. 

Offline drm64

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 01:12:41 PM »
rmarkc,

I also used Jamie's agency with successful results. My wife is here now living here in the US. I read you are headed for Bogota. Make sure you get onto the passport process asap. From what I hear, the government is backlogged and this could take some  time. Definately get the passport before you buy any tickets headed south. Good luck.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 176