It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Organically Meet Women Via Social Media?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Mikey_Travels

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Organically Meet Women Via Social Media?
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:34:28 PM »
Has anyone taken this approach vs just using an agency or booking a trip to hunt? I know so many people who have met partners overseas quite organically on the internet based on hobbies and intellectual interests. It takes time but it seems like those couples that I've known who have taken this approach have very strong and long relationships. They don't end up with someone who is low status and just trying to find a meal ticket. Typically they meet someone who is middle class and educated who is actually interested. I've had 2 male friends and 3 female friends who have found their partner this way via Facebook groups based on topics other than dating or marriage. Just personal hobby and intellectual groups. They end up PMing and texting for several months to a year and then meet, sparks fly, they get into a relationship and it just works.

It seems like the loneliest mile, that being the extra mile but it seems to build the best foundation.

Thoughts?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Organically Meet Women Via Social Media?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »
Has anyone taken this approach vs just using an agency or booking a trip to hunt? I know so many people who have met partners overseas quite organically on the internet based on hobbies and intellectual interests. It takes time but it seems like those couples that I've known who have taken this approach have very strong and long relationships. They don't end up with someone who is low status and just trying to find a meal ticket. Typically they meet someone who is middle class and educated who is actually interested. I've had 2 male friends and 3 female friends who have found their partner this way via Facebook groups based on topics other than dating or marriage. Just personal hobby and intellectual groups. They end up PMing and texting for several months to a year and then meet, sparks fly, they get into a relationship and it just works.

It seems like the loneliest mile, that being the extra mile but it seems to build the best foundation.

Thoughts?

It still works. I think the key, first of all, is taking enough time to really get to know each other beyond physical infatuation.Having disagreements, differences of opinions and still getting back together after a rough patch is a promising sign. All too often, people are on their best behavior when 'dating' online. Nobody smells your body odor online....Then if you get married, suddenly the bad parts of each other's personalities thet weren't revealed, come out

Also, don't ask leading questions like 'what do you want in life?' right away. If you say early on that you want three kids, a pink house with a white picket fence, there's a chance she'll say: "OMG!!! This is meant to be!!!--it's exactly what I wanted all my life!!!!"

Take time to feel each other out on what the other really wants.Make them tell you their preconcieved wants, not just what they think you want to hear.

If you're in a bad mood, don't try to gloss it over. Tell each other your strengths and weaknesses. If you take the time to do these things, chances of you being compatible are better than if you clicked quickly on some hottie and in a short time, flew over there to meet her.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:23:24 PM »

Thoughts?

That is how I met my current girlfriend. And I used Facebook almost exclusively to meet women in Medellin for years.

Never really bothered joining groups....just friended friends of friends until I hit critical mass and then the floodgates opened up and had more women interested in meeting me than I possibly had time for.

I would show guys I know my facebook feed and they literally couldn't believe that I was friends with all those women on facebook.

I have only met a few dozen of them in person....and my friends would look at some of the chicks and go "why haven't you hit this one up?". And my standard reply is because I only have one dick. jajaja

There are just too many women to possible do in Medellin once you get rolling on facebook.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:23:24 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »

That is how I met my current girlfriend. And I used Facebook almost exclusively to meet women in Medellin for years.

Never really bothered joining groups....just friended friends of friends until I hit critical mass and then the floodgates opened up and had more women interested in meeting me than I possibly had time for.

I would show guys I know my facebook feed and they literally couldn't believe that I was friends with all those women on facebook.

I have only met a few dozen of them in person....and my friends would look at some of the chicks and go "why haven't you hit this one up?". And my standard reply is because I only have one dick. jajaja

There are just too many women to possible do in Medellin once you get rolling on facebook.

I cant stand face book. Bunch of chismosos. And hard to manipulate. I think we had this discussion before.

Yeah, its pretty easy to meet women on there..friends of freinds, etc. But its the same matter of weeding out the Gold diggers, Prepagos, Flakes, and girls that arent interested as on the Cupid sites. Lot bigger number games , I know, the flood gate thing is a good analogy. Things could increase exponentially by sending out friend requests to a few every day. And the freind requests come back in.I am not active in Facebook at all and I get these freinds requests from attractive women every now and then.

Yeah, and if you learn to use it right, you can set up your fotos so you look like a James Bond debonair playboy type with action shots, in clubs, at world sites, whatever. And then a few puppy dog pictures.Very important those puppy dog and kitty cat pictures.

Girls fall for that. But what a pain.

And then when you get in a serious relationship, all that potenetial jeaulousy from bothsides as to who all the "friends" are.

Better just ignore a girls Facebook. Hear no evil see no evil , speak no evil. Better just trust your gut instincts when you first meet a women. Only my oinion.

Thats only my personal preference. I understand why you and other guys n this site use it, and have sucess Calipro. Just dont want to waste time on it personally. And it is more applicable to guys living in Cali or Medellin, where tons of hotties hang out.

But getting back to the OPs point about meeting women "organically", with similar interests and through friends.I agree with this, but more in real life than on the internet. Of course this way takes longer, and you have to have patiene, but if you have passions, and a passionate and interesting life, meeting women and sex is secondary.

For example, I am really big into mountaineering, trekking and adventure travel (and back country skiing). I recently went on this 9 day trek in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta , which included ascent of 5,650 M (18,500 foot) peak, Pico  Simon. It included climbing and descending 2000 to 4000 feet and walking 10-15 miles per day in rugged terain, sleeping in Kogi  Indian Huts, and doing a semi-technical snow and ice ascent on day 6 of the peak (getting up at 1 AM , walking, with headlamps and returning about 3pm).

Not many people have gone into here in the last 30 years because of the paramilitarys, narcos, guerrillas that were active until recently. The Kogi natives are very timid because of this, and only let specifi people in. Kind of a NAtGeo expedition.

Anyway, the Kogi guide (who is quite westernized, lives in the village of Palomar and in Santa Marta, and travels around Colombia as well), brought a long his female friend, a 20 year old engineering student. I was pi$$ed at first, because she wasnt prepared (clothes, and equiment) , but turns out she was avery strong hiker, a real sport as far as camping and handling the cold, and although she didnt go to the summit, she did make it to the high camp at 4900 m. Me and her and the Kogi guide (Edison) where all in the front of the pack climbing u the trail (Them in their 20s, me 60. the other guys aheo were slower , my Freind from Manizales and 2 Spaniards  in their 50s and 40s).

Anyway , we hit it off pretty good, the girl wants me to come to Santa Marta , or come to Manizales. We have a lot in common despite the age diference.

LOL..Te Kogi guy is right now working about 4 hours from here, in Libano, Tolima. He wants me to go there t introduce me to other women. Really weird..little 5 foot 3 indigenious guy, and has all these female Friends.

Now I am not really interested because I have a girlfriend now, and it appears to be becoming serious. But there is nothing wrong with having "Amigas" and "Amigos" with common interests ..if things dont work out, with my present GFin the future, there will be others with common intesrests (Assuming it is isnt so far down the line I am a real geezer, or I dont injure myself or get sick, and cant continue with my athletic activities-afterall, I am no spring chicken, in which case, I can try thr "Facebook"thing LOL)

I know another guy that is a bicycle tourer who spends a lot of time in Colombia . Thats another way to meet women with same ineterests, What ever your passion is, you can use it to hopefully meet people of similar interests-the gym, biking, dancing, travelling, volonteer work, Futbol (play or watch), chess, sailing, kayaking.

Another method is working overseas. I know so many guys, engineeers working in Venezuela, Russia or Colombia  (or Quebec 35 years ago..LOL) who have met their wives on assignment

Maybe you will just meet guys, but if you make good friends, they will always introduce you to women.

I guess in the OPs case, if you cant be actually  based in a foreign country, finding people with common interests online is a secondary option.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »

I cant stand face book. Bunch of chismosos. And hard to manipulate. I think we had this discussion before.

I have a friend who is single and likes to travel to Asian countries.  I'm probably one of his only 'real friends', as we have been good buddies for decades.  Almost all the other friends are ladies from the countries he travels to,  or fellow travelers/expats.    I really don't think it is hard to set up.  The way he has it set up, I don't he cares much about chismosos.   For functionality purposes, it gets the job done for him.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats