It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian Coco dramatic increase  (Read 12570 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Colombian Coco dramatic increase
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:08:59 PM »

I found this article in today's news.  It seems that our fumigation program is close to be suspended as there is a growing sentiment from the Colombians for us to stop.  In addition, apparently there is a carcinogen in the Herbal Glyphosate we have been using, produced by Monsanto. 

We need to do a better job here getting our kids involved in productive activities and not act like drugs are 'cool'.  I've always told my kids "I'm already having a pretty good time, I don't need any stupid drugs"...or something along those lines...Drugs are for sick or old people who are in pain and can't enjoy life very much without them. 

Fathertime! 

http://news.yahoo.com/coca-production-colombia-jumped-39-2014-214437953.html
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Cultivation of the leaf used to make cocaine skyrocketed last year in Colombia, according to a new White House report that's likely to pressure authorities here to preserve a threatened U.S. aerial eradication program at the heart of the drug war.

After six straight years of declining or steady production, the amount of land under coca cultivation in Colombia jumped 39 percent in 2014 to 112,000 hectares (about 276,000 acres), according to....
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Colombian Coco dramatic increase
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:39:37 AM »
The "War on Drugs" has been lost.
To be honest I don't know what is the best approach for drugs such as cocaine. However treating cannabis as a criminal issue is a complete failure on every level. Cannabis has to be treated as a heath issue. If we dealt with Cannabis like we treat tobacco, then eventually there would be a lot less use. There would certainly be a lot less harm done than the current approach.

I also distinguish between cannabis and other illegal drugs in terms of parenting.
Cannabis is unhealthy but if you exaggerate it's negatives then when young people try it (as they inevitably will) they will discover it is not so harmful after all. This gives the wrong message because the risk is they might think the harmfulness of harder drugs has also been exaggerated.

With harder drugs like cocaine and meth, I realise that criminalising these has been ineffective and they need to be treated as a heath issue. However they are dangerous drugs so the health aspects really do need to be conveyed clearly.

Nobody died from experimenting with one joint. However one meth hit could be enough to lead to ruin. This distinction needs to be made clear to children.

I grew up in a city where people smoked opium in the back streets. Seeing the people wasting away and the dangers of organised crime at a young age impressed me. That kind of education is effective.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:47:04 AM »
With coca I dont know if it is a Good trend. More land equals more crop equals more coca equals more refinerías equals more cocaine equals more users and more deadbeat tourists more smuggling more crime

Marihuana is a diferentes issue. Ok marihuana is not as dangerous as cigarettes pr booze

So.lets legalize it. But where do we stop?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:47:04 AM »

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »
The "War on Drugs" has been lost.
To be honest I don't know what is the best approach for drugs such as cocaine. However treating cannabis as a criminal issue is a complete failure on every level. Cannabis has to be treated as a heath issue. If we dealt with Cannabis like we treat tobacco, then eventually there would be a lot less use. There would certainly be a lot less harm done than the current approach.

I also distinguish between cannabis and other illegal drugs in terms of parenting.
Cannabis is unhealthy but if you exaggerate it's negatives then when young people try it (as they inevitably will) they will discover it is not so harmful after all. This gives the wrong message because the risk is they might think the harmfulness of harder drugs has also been exaggerated.

With harder drugs like cocaine and meth, I realise that criminalising these has been ineffective and they need to be treated as a heath issue. However they are dangerous drugs so the health aspects really do need to be conveyed clearly.

Nobody died from experimenting with one joint. However one meth hit could be enough to lead to ruin. This distinction needs to be made clear to children.

I grew up in a city where people smoked opium in the back streets. Seeing the people wasting away and the dangers of organised crime at a young age impressed me. That kind of education is effective.

"The "War on Drugs" has been lost."

This is nothing more than leftist propaganda. Drug dealers belong in prison, regardless of what the whiny leftists say. I say lock the lot of them up and throw away the key.

Health issue my arse!

When you have teenage children who get hooked on dope and turn into mindless zombies, you will stop this dumb "drugs are harmless" BS. And most all of them start with pot. In my experience, stoners are a bunch of worthless dumb asses. ALL of the pot heads who worked for me were next to worthless.

Here in California, the ignorant segment of the voters who thought they were  approving marijuana strictly for medicinal use were duped by the dopers. ANYONE with $50 can get a phony "prescription" for pot. Come down to San Diego and I'll show you what goes on in a local pot shop...the typical clientele are not old folks suffering from glaucoma, but your typical twenty-something stoner just out to get high. What a phony law that was!

Ray

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:22:31 PM by Ray »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »
I don't know what the answer is, but I do know there are some serious drug problems, both with legal prescription and illegal 'street drugs'. I have family basically out in the middle of nowhere in  places like Montana, where a school has to drive the bus 4 hours to find another high school to play a basketball game. Yet there are drugs, including narcotics--methamphetamines, crack, powdered cocaine and pot.

The biggest growth area for heroin abuse is in the upper middle class and wealthy areas in the USA. Not that at $10 a hit of Mexican heroin costs a fortune, but it does sell better where there's money and they even package it to be more 'upscale'

One thing that's of concern to me is that the strength varies so much with drugs, especially street drugs. With marijuana, there are strains that are borderline hallucinogenic, that leave you dumber than an addled ox. We used to brag that 'Mannn--this is two toke sh!t!" but looking back now, it's like comparing watered down lemonade to 190 proof grain alcohol when you look at some of the pot that's out there now.

I agree the war on drugs has been lost, but I don't think if you spent ten times as much money fighting it, that it'd go away.  Locking everybody up and creating a police state isn't going to solve it either--they get the same dope in jail, or out.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »
You cannot legalize drugs. There is too much money to be made by politicians and law enforcement taking bribes for looking the other way. The cartels own those boys all along the border and they aren't going to stop their trade just because the voters think so. When I practiced law I used to represent people who dealt in the trade on occasion and the DEA used to employ many of them! War on drugs. What a joke.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
I found this article in today's news.  It seems that our fumigation program is close to be suspended as there is a growing sentiment from the Colombians for us to stop.  In addition, apparently there is a carcinogen in the Herbal Glyphosate we have been using, produced by Monsanto. 

We need to do a better job here getting our kids involved in productive activities and not act like drugs are 'cool'.  I've always told my kids "I'm already having a pretty good time, I don't need any stupid drugs"...or something along those lines...Drugs are for sick or old people who are in pain and can't enjoy life very much without them. 

Fathertime! 

http://news.yahoo.com/coca-production-colombia-jumped-39-2014-214437953.html
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Cultivation of the leaf used to make cocaine skyrocketed last year in Colombia, according to a new White House report that's likely to pressure authorities here to preserve a threatened U.S. aerial eradication program at the heart of the drug war.

After six straight years of declining or steady production, the amount of land under coca cultivation in Colombia jumped 39 percent in 2014 to 112,000 hectares (about 276,000 acres), according to....

In the Middle East, in places like Afghanistan, to name but one, when USA Military forces were firmly in occupation and control in certain areas, those regions were well known to be openly growing opium poppies, harvesting them and opium production was not just occurring--it was occurring at all time high levels--huge 'bumper' crops.

I guess they didn't want the locals to dislike them any more than they might have already and just like we don't act aggressively against counterfeit products, it's accepted as 'the price of doing business' overseas.

I think a lot of foreign nations find our drug interdiction policies to be laughable, thinking that as people in the USA seems to have an insatiable desire to buy their drugs in increasing amounts whether the price and production goes up or down, that there's a bit of US Govt hypocrisy involved.

.Whether it's in the ghetto or the most affluent neighborhoods and colleges, illegal drugs from overseas are as available as ever, as is the gear to shoot up narcotics and more, all readily available.

My son is very open and honest with me, discussing the realities and temptations of life at a top tier university. The school has a lot of 'old money' families, who send their kids there--although the average GPA to  get in being a 3.9, keeps a lot out. He describes students, including some really cute otherwise smart girls, who are all about smoking and/or injecting heroin, dropping acid and more.

Taking ADHD drugs that are stimulant class drugs--even though passing just one ADHD tablet--Rx drugs like Adderall--Concerta--whatever ---is actually a FELONY, is common--kids use it to keep their weight down, to stay up to cram for exams, catch a little 'buzz' etc. Like pot and kegs of beer, the Universities tend to ignore the problems.

But it almost seems there's a paradigm shift, where some groups think getting sh!t faced drunk at keg parties is not only uncool, but unnecessary when there are so many other inexpensive, drug alternatives available.

They are even producing heroin that's stamped into exact copies of popular prescription pill tablets, so if a student/individual is searched and it's in a bottle he/she has a prescription for, it'll probably go undetected. The game's always changing, but more and more, they're going after the wealthier, better educated college kids, trying to get them addicted ASAP and on the cheap--for starters...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »

My son is very open and honest with me, discussing the realities and temptations of life at a top tier university. The school has a lot of 'old money' families, who send their kids there--although the average GPA to  get in being a 3.9, keeps a lot out. He describes students, including some really cute otherwise smart girls, who are all about smoking and/or injecting heroin, dropping acid and more.

Thanks for sharing, if you don't mind me asking, how do you respond when your son discusses things with you? 

I have a lady friend who has a daughter in college.  She is a lawyer with high income, and involved in her daughter's life. Despite this, her daughter in a good college, got involved/addicted to heroin.  However she tried to educate her daughter, it didn't work.  I always felt she was trying to be a 'cool mother' too much. 

But it almost seems there's a paradigm shift, where some groups think getting sh!t faced drunk at keg parties is not only uncool, but unnecessary when there are so many other inexpensive, drug alternatives available.

That is very interesting Robert, I wasn't aware that keg parties were loosing their coolness in your parts.  I don't see that here.  Of course in my day they were a big deal.  It is only many years later that I fully understand how I should have approached them as a guy looking for young ladies.  I should have refrained from drinking beer, and stuck to a cup of tea.  As ridiculous as it is, nothing like a cup or two of tea for me to turn into a smooth-talking social butterfly, whereas alcohol doesn't do the same trick.  I have to continue to find ways to impart some wisdom unto my daughters who are entering the scene. 

Fathertime!   

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »
Thanks for sharing, if you don't mind me asking, how do you respond when your son discusses things with you? 

I tell him openly and honestly about how I handled things in the past--which isn't always a pretty picture. I tell him about people I know who've died, gone to jail--lost important things in their lives, how many drugs are adulterated and can be like 'Russian roulette'--a lot of things. He knows about people like the late Syd Barret, original founder of Pink Floyd--people who became like zombies, etc. He's a pretty cautious kid--no dummy. But he knows he can come to me without me biting his head off--like the first time in his Junior year, where as part of his prom, they rented a house on the ocean and drank a good bit of alcohol. He told me and I explained I was glad he did and told him again that if he or any of his friends were out and driving while drinking or drugging, he could call me to drive, no questions asked.

I have a lady friend who has a daughter in college.  She is a lawyer with high income, and involved in her daughter's life. Despite this, her daughter in a good college, got involved/addicted to heroin.  However she tried to educate her daughter, it didn't work.  I always felt she was trying to be a 'cool mother' too much. 

That is very interesting Robert, I wasn't aware that keg parties were loosing their coolness in your parts.  I don't see that here.  Of course in my day they were a big deal.  It is only many years later that I fully understand how I should have approached them as a guy looking for young ladies.  I should have refrained from drinking beer, and stuck to a cup of tea.  As ridiculous as it is, nothing like a cup or two of tea for me to turn into a smooth-talking social butterfly, whereas alcohol doesn't do the same trick.  I have to continue to find ways to impart some wisdom unto my daughters who are entering the scene. 

Keg parties aren't going away anytime soon--there's still a HUGE alcohol culture, including at my son's college and the Campus--the Campus police, as well as the town, sort of look the other way. Last June, I went with my son for Freshman orientation. I trust my son. One of those first nights (I was in a hotel--he was in a dorm)--they went out --into town, to a popular bar off campus, obviously--but I the heart of town. Although 18 y/o and pretty much all looking 18 y/o--nowhere near the legal age of 21, the bar served up beer to them, absolutely no questions asked--no request for ID. My son, who rarely drinks, didn't partake--I think he would've told me if he did--after all, he told me he went into the bar and what went down. But drugs or alcohol, although it waxes and wanes, I think the 'authorities 'frame of mind' is as long as there aren't deaths, overdoses, rapes and mayhem, to 'look the other way'--that they have the supposed 'cream of the of the crop'--including students with very rich and powerful families, who donate millions of dollars each year and the Campus and city police don't want these kids having criminal records. It's sad, because it's a time bomb that's ticking 24X7. But keggers and binge drinking (binge drinking's more popular for one reason because alcohols supposed to be 'taboo') is still a huge part of campus life at his and I imagine most colleges. I know up in Michigan it certainly was and still is.

But there's always going to be a 'cooler way' to get a buzz. It varies from crowd to crowd and time to time. It might be straight alcohol, psilocybin 'magic mushrooms'--speed or heroin or ADHD drugs etc., etc., ---the fact remains it's there and more than ever, readily available.

My son has a 99% in Calculus a 100% in Geography and the Professors actually ASKED him at age 18, to teach the other students to help prepare them for their Mid Terms. The Professors said they'd write him letters of recommendation if he wants to eventually charge students for private tutorials. For the first time in his life, he's playing chess with people from all over the world who sometimes beat him. I told him and he pretty much already knows, that if he drinks or drugs a lot, he'll lose what edge he has pretty fast and a lot of opportunities will go out with it. He could conceivably change and I know it--I'm actually concerned about one girl he has a relationship with, but I monitor that with stealth. I told him how my late Uncle, who had a full ride track scholarship to Columbia University in NYC, got thrown out because he got addicted to heroin.

There's definitely a balance in terms of what you can and cannot (should) say to your kids--my discussions are markedly different (but still honest) with my older son. And being a friend, a 'cool dad' and a parent are different things indeed.

Fathertime!   

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 08:27:35 PM »
I mentioned in my previous post that while alcohol use by students under age 21 isn't really scrutinized, nor is pot. (although I don't think they smoke dope much in the dorms) Then I said that while they basically look away unless something extreme occurs, there's still a lot of 'binge drinking'--kids busting their asses while sober, to make grades to stay in school, then in between, drinking to get smacko drunk. A lot of that is due to stress, but also due to USA culture that raises youth to think they can't drink until age 21--giving  the 'forbidden fruit' allure.

I don't drink, but I always have alcohol in the house for guests--my wife likes wine, an occasional mixed drink, saki etc. But with my sons from about age 15 on, if they wanted to have a beer or two, or a mixed drink, I'd set em up and keep tabs on them right at home. It was far from common, but I didn't want it to be some 'forbidden fruit'. I have seen in Europe and Asia, as well as some Caribbean nations, where with no age limit fro drinking, they don't  seem to  have as much binge drinking or alcoholism. For that matter, when the Swiss got a handle on their heroin problem, supply, syringes etc, offered counseling and treatment, a lot of problems went away.

Another reason they look away at my son's school anddon't prosecute is in part because the students are basically the top students in the state and a lot of families with generations of alumni wield a lot of power. The city--really a town,relies on the going on 40,000students--the town itself is just under 120,000, so there's that dynamic--they want everybody happy. The football games and partying adults are an athletic version of mardi gras so it's not like the alumni set a standard for decorum.

But I think in the USA that by making alcohol seem like such a big thing--a forbidden fruit, it just creates a sneaky nasty habit. And while I had no problems introducing my sons to the occasional drink w/o making a big deal about it while maintaining control--keeping them at home, I never was rolling joints or laying out lines of coke on the mirrors, LOL.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
 I can't easily quote your post Robert, but thanks for sharing the manner you discuss things with your boys.  It seems to be working for you, so obviously no need to fix anything.  You hit on a major concern.  Having the proper judgement to stay out of cars with impaired drivers.  Like a young idiot, I recall not always doing that myself. After an a couple of those experiences, I recall not liking having an impaired driver having so much control over my own safety, and I was almost always the driver, which then impacted the amount I could imbibe, which was a good thing for more than one reason.   I am hoping my own children have enough sense to learn very quickly (or vicariously) how unpleasant it can be having  an impaired person in charge of your safety on the road.   We can discuss, although having the experience was more impactful, but with that comes risk.

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 03:39:34 PM »
You cannot legalize drugs. There is too much money to be made by politicians and law enforcement taking bribes for looking the other way. The cartels own those boys all along the border and they aren't going to stop their trade just because the voters think so. When I practiced law I used to represent people who dealt in the trade on occasion and the DEA used to employ many of them! War on drugs. What a joke.

Those that have said the "war" on drugs is lost is correct in the sense that you can't end drug abuse by waging a war. A change in culture is the only realistic way you can reduce drug use in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, and other places.

Without a change in culture people are always going to find something to get high off of.

And before the hard wing "white" loons rail too hard against pot, pills, coke, etc let's not forget about the statistically worst drug of all... alcohol. And that's legal and as strong as ever due to lobbies/money. The tobacco companies had the same thing going, but it became so obvious that their product was so horrible for you that even they got toppled.

I'm against dope, pills, coke, meth, etc. I don't think people should use it. But I still do rarely indulge in a craft beer, so it's hard for me to say hey you can't smoke a joint. I'm just saying to those nascar dads that want to toss all the minorities in jail... you've endangered society at one point or another with drinking and getting behind the wheel... so let's toss your ass in there with em.

Or you can not blow up our national debt and we can focus on the culture of not abusing drugs.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 04:26:36 AM »

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:39:36 AM by Ray »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 04:26:36 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 05:24:19 AM »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »
Where do you dig this stuff up??

Maybe the alcohol druggie can find one of his pull it out of his azz pics.

Offline Ray

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »

Maybe the alcohol druggie can find one of his pull it out of his azz pics.

Or maybe the whiny little hypocrite leftist can finally make a point without playing the race card...but then again...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
I don't think race needed to get injected in this discussion. 

What I noted is that the USA's version of dealing with the problem is to indirectly start blaming people in the 3rd world and their growing of crops, which we have now killed, using carcinogenic chemicals.  It isn't their fault we are such idiots.  It is entirely incumbent on us to educate our own children, be aware and present enough to see the warning signs of drug use.  Even doing this, it is still possible for a young adult to start using drugs, but that is their bad choice, or series of bad choices.  It is sad that some bad choices lead to horrid consequences, but that is the way of the world.  I guess educating people only works so much, if a person isn't happy they are probably prone to trying a drug in an effort to become happy, or be socially accepted. 

If our society was doing a better job, the overseas growers would be doing something else.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 12:16:07 AM »

What I noted is that the USA's version of dealing with the problem is to indirectly start blaming people in the 3rd world and their growing of crops, which we have now killed, using carcinogenic chemicals.  It isn't their fault we are such idiots.  It is entirely incumbent on us to educate our own children, be aware and present enough to see the warning signs of drug use.  Even doing this, it is still possible for a young adult to start using drugs, but that is their bad choice, or series of bad choices.  It is sad that some bad choices lead to horrid consequences, but that is the way of the world.  I guess educating people only works so much, if a person isn't happy they are probably prone to trying a drug in an effort to become happy, or be socially accepted. 

If our society was doing a better job, the overseas growers would be doing something else.

Fathertime!

Yes, but it's not so much what young ADULTS do to themselves that concerns me, but what drugs do to our CHILDREN.

Education certainly has its place in fighting drug abuse, as does rehabilitation of addicts, but taking the scumbag dope pushers off of the street is a huge part of the fight. If we hadn't been fighting the problem at all, how many more of our kids would be dead now?

And I don't see anyone going out of their way to blame overseas growers for the root cause of the problem. If the drug lords weren't paying them to grow the crap, then the overseas growers would be doing something else.

And just because some drugs are still getting imported into the country is no excuse to throw up our hands and proclaim victory for the worthless drug lords and traffickers. Screw all of them and may they all meet a similar fate as that fat little shythead Pablo Escobar.

Ray

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 06:17:43 PM »

If you are talking drugs and prison there is a huge racial element that cannot be ignored. It is the brown and black people that are punished the most in all of this. With Mexico it is all the civilians that get caught up in this. It hurts their tourism and industry (and costs lives). In the states it is the minorities getting tossed in jail while their white counterparts get a slap on the wrist (a statistically true generalization). All while alcohol statistically does the most damage to society.

I'm pretty sure Ray must be drunk since half his posts are cartoon pictures.

Legalizing and regulating is the best bad short term choice out there. Only long term cultural solutions exist. You big government people and your prison industrial complex are just piling on the debt.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 07:55:13 PM »

If you are talking drugs and prison there is a huge racial element that cannot be ignored. It is the brown and black people that are punished the most in all of this. With Mexico it is all the civilians that get caught up in this. It hurts their tourism and industry (and costs lives). In the states it is the minorities getting tossed in jail while their white counterparts get a slap on the wrist (a statistically true generalization). All while alcohol statistically does the most damage to society.

Legalizing and regulating is the best bad short term choice out there. Only long term cultural solutions exist. You big government people and your prison industrial complex are just piling on the debt.
Generally speaking, I don't care very much if somebody else decides to destroy their own life with drugs, or alcohol.  Just don't operate a motor vehicle, or steal from me.  Hell, I'd even be for placing people in a designated area (camp) where they can have their drugs and food for free, just so long as they stay out of society.  Unfortunately that would probably never work.

It is our problem here in this country.  Or maybe it is just the cost of having a wealthy society in this odd culture of ours. 

Yes, but it's not so much what young ADULTS do to themselves that concerns me, but what drugs do to our CHILDREN.

Ray

Well it is right that local drug suppliers that supply to children get punished harshly as possible.  I'd say that often, but not always, it is the adults modeling poor behaviors that set the children on this course.  Our strange society that glorifies addled oddities, or high 'gangstas', is the adults fault, we could change this if it were important enough to us. A lot of adults are taking legal drugs that are mind altering too.   

Fathertime!   

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 09:21:36 PM »
Y

Yes, but it's not so much what young ADULTS do to themselves that concerns me, but what alcohol does to our CHILDREN.

Education certainly has its place in fighting alcohol abuse, as does rehabilitation of drunks, but taking the scumbag liquor distributors off of the street is a huge part of the fight. If we hadn't been fighting the problem at all, how many more of our kids would be dead now?

And I don't see anyone going out of their way to blame overseas distilleries for the root cause of the problem. If the distillers weren't paying them to grow the crap, then the overseas distilleries would be doing something else.

And just because some liquor is still getting imported into the country is no excuse to throw up our hands and proclaim victory for the worthless distillers and distributors. Screw all of them and may they all meet a similar fate as that fat little shythead Johnnie Walker.

It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:00:12 AM by utopiacowboy »

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 02:08:51 AM »
With the leftist dopes like bcc (Bozo C. Clown), race baiting is a favorite pastime, and our stupid president leads the way.

Attempting to make the drug problem a racial issue is just another part of the liberal agenda to divide the country. If it isn't race baiting, it's "income inequality".

Now the leftist whackos want to release the poor little minority dope pushers from prison, so they can go back to peddling their poison to our kids.

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »
Ray,

Seriously, you need help!  No one is talking about 'race card' any more than YOU are! 

Knee jerk reaction?

And, please .... "[size=0px]leftist whackos,  [/size][/size][size=78%]stupid president, [/size][/size][size=0px]poor little minority dope pushers"[/size][/size][size=78%]?  There is a lot of hate in you.  Your wife hasn't softened that in you yet?[/size]

Some post inadvertently pushes your buttons and you spill your tired old vitriol.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
Sick

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »
or maybe this

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1