It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: colombia jake, AKA Medellin loco, hangs himself in jail  (Read 36545 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
colombia jake, AKA Medellin loco, hangs himself in jail
« on: January 07, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »
While awaiting deportation o the United States for charges of pimping out minors int Jay Drivas hangs himself in his cell. Normal time for getting deported for criminal charges is 6 to 8 months. So it appears he was very close to being sent to the USA. A BIG reminder to USA citizens in Colombia, multiple USA enforcement agencies run sting operations through out the year looking for North Americans and minors. . Sex with minors via prostitution is very illegal, and Colombia reports offenses to foreign governments on a regular basis. Come to Colombia but behave or you might end up like Jake Drivas.

http://www.minuto30.com/fallecio-ciudadano-estadounidense-que-estaba-preso-en-la-carcel-de-itagui-tras-intento-de-suicidio/581727/

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: colombia jake, AKA Medellin loco, hangs himself in jail
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
If the Colombian prisons are half as bad as the Philippine's, I'm surprised he didn't try it months ago. It's like 'cruel and unusual punishment' 24X7,  where it's normal unless you have lots of money and connections. That said, under the current President there, who pretty much hates the US govt and Military almost as much as he hates drug dealers, the guy probably wouldn't be granted any favoritism on behalf of being a US citizen.

Was he in with the general inmate population?  I guess the US Embassy didn't intersede on his behalf under the assumption '"innocent until proven guilty"-- --in the USA, he'd have been out on bond, waiting trial, probably.

In USA prisons, child molesters are viewed by the inmates as the lowest of the low and by US standards, usually do really 'hard time'. Former Subway sandwich spokesperson, Jared Fogle got a beat down in the low security prison he's doing 15 years in for child molestation, even though he hires inmates to serve as bodyguards.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:56:26 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »
Ha ha Robert not a chance. In Colombia it's guilty unless proven innocent (many months down the line). So poor Jake did himself in. I can't imagine trying to hang myself in a cell with  sheets or clothing. When people were hung at the gallows they were dropped a good distance and their necks were snapped. But doing it in a cell well you'd have to just count on suffocation. Doesn't sound easy.
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:35:10 PM »
Justice done!!!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 11:18:29 PM »
While awaiting deportation o the United States for charges of pimping out minors int Jay Drivas hangs himself in his cell. Normal time for getting deported for criminal charges is 6 to 8 months. So it appears he was very close to being sent to the USA. A BIG reminder to USA citizens in Colombia, multiple USA enforcement agencies run sting operations through out the year looking for North Americans and minors. . Sex with minors via prostitution is very illegal, and Colombia reports offenses to foreign governments on a regular basis. Come to Colombia but behave or you might end up like Jake Drivas.

http://www.minuto30.com/fallecio-ciudadano-estadounidense-que-estaba-preso-en-la-carcel-de-itagui-tras-intento-de-suicidio/581727/

Where did you hear that Jake was going to be extradited to the U.S.?

Because I don't think the case they had against him would have held up in a U.S. court if he had a good attorney.

They were watching Jake for a year and couldn't get anything on him.

Finally they decided to bait him with 20 million pesos to set an informant up with an underage girl.
I don't think he even knew an underage girl to introduce the guy to.....so he took the guy to El Centro and introduce him to an underage street walker.

Jake has to be one stupid guy to think that someone would pay twenty million for something that is so easy to find....but I guess he needed the money.

I regularly de-friend girls on facebook because they are underage.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »

when my ex-novia's daughter created a new facebook about 5 years ago, she was 13 then.  Her mother supervised it, of course.   She told me that many over 60 years old men tried to add her.   They are from USA - and none from Colombia! 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »

Because I don't think the case they had against him would have held up in a U.S. court if he had a good attorney.

Finally they decided to bait him with 20 million pesos to set an informant up with an underage girl.
I don't think he even knew an underage girl to introduce the guy to.....so he took the guy to El Centro and introduce him to an underage street walker.

Jake has to be one stupid guy to think that someone would pay twenty million for something that is so easy to find....but I guess he needed the money.

What about the drug trafficking charges? A lot of times, just like having alcohol on the periphery, there's recreational drugs, but 'trafficking '?

Does sounds like in the USA, if they'd extradited him, he might have (had) a shot at acquittal if the cops were baiting him--more specifically using an 'entrapment' set up. But that defense is a lot harder in some countries, where they basically assume even if you're baited, if you TAKE the bait, it's the same as being caught red handed.

From what's been said here, it doesn't sound like he made a lot of friends, if anything, to the contrary.

I'd think if he were a Colombia native in a situation like this, especially one with money, this probably never would've happened and that there's probably plenty of them who actually do these sorts of things with inpunity there. Maybe they even encouraged the cops to get him 'out of the way.'

It's too easy to read the news or what's on here and automatically assume the guy's guilty, but his internet site didn't really play towards people's sympathies.

Sort of adds a new depth, meaning to the old phrase: "Pay to play"

Offline Calipro

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »

when my ex-novia's daughter created a new facebook about 5 years ago, she was 13 then.  Her mother supervised it, of course.   She told me that many over 60 years old men tried to add her.   They are from USA - and none from Colombia!

Jajaja

And did you believer her?

I don't think I have ever had a 13 year old send me a friend request but plenty of 17 year olds.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »

Jajaja

And did you believer her?

I don't think I have ever had a 13 year old send me a friend request but plenty of 17 year olds.

She had no reasons to lie to me.   The daughter did not send the request,  It was all these 60 years old USA perverts!

Offline Calipro

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »

What about the drug trafficking charges? A lot of times, just like having alcohol on the periphery, there's recreational drugs, but 'trafficking '?

Does sounds like in the USA, if they'd extradited him, he might have (had) a shot at acquittal if the cops were baiting him--more specifically using an 'entrapment' set up. But that defense is a lot harder in some countries, where they basically assume even if you're baited, if you TAKE the bait, it's the same as being caught red handed.

From what's been said here, it doesn't sound like he made a lot of friends, if anything, to the contrary.

I'd think if he were a Colombia native in a situation like this, especially one with money, this probably never would've happened and that there's probably plenty of them who actually do these sorts of things with inpunity there. Maybe they even encouraged the cops to get him 'out of the way.'

It's too easy to read the news or what's on here and automatically assume the guy's guilty, but his internet site didn't really play towards people's sympathies.

Sort of adds a new depth, meaning to the old phrase: "Pay to play"

If Jake hadn't put his website up.....they wouldn't have even been looking at him.

What about the 100's of Colombian guys that had sex with that underage street walker before Jake introduced her to the informant?

Nobody is looking for them.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »

She had no reasons to lie to me.   The daughter did not send the request,  It was all these 60 years old USA perverts!

You are probably right.......most 60 year old Colombian perverts just walk out their front door and grab whatever is walking down the street.
Why bother with the internet?

But they better make sure she is at least 14....that is the age of consent in consent in Colombia.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »

If Jake hadn't put his website up.....they wouldn't have even been looking at him.

What about the 100's of Colombian guys that had sex with that underage street walker before Jake introduced her to the informant?

Nobody is looking for them.

Like my my wife keeps trying to tell me:

---------------------------------------------> "It's the nail that sticks out that gets hammered"

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:36:35 AM »

I don't believe a word of it Gato those dirty old men were all Brits. Anyway now she's 18 so it's open season!
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:36:35 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »

I don't believe a word of it Gato those dirty old men were all Brits. Anyway now she's 18 so it's open season!

Yup. And we all know that Gato's really Benny Hill.

Ya see, Benny never died---he lost weight, had a face lift and changed his name to 'Gato'!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »

still PERVERTS even if she is 18 now when your 60+

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »

still PERVERTS even if she is 18 now when your 60+

I'm glad in a way that my wife doesn't quite look like she's sixteen year's old as much as before. Still gets carded though. Only a couple times in over 11 years married, (15 together) did strangers mutter some stupid wisecrack about our obvious age difference--once at Disney World, the other at a thrift shop. 

But this, and it still amazes me as she's at her most beautiful w/o makeup, but she takes such good care of her skin, hair and body. Hell, she does the same for me, with diet, creams, lotions, manicures etc. She views my appearance as a personal reflection of how well she cares for me, as her 'job' and love, especially when we're out at events with ladies from her country. Old fashioned, most definitely.

But sometimes, I wish her 'laugh lines' would show more, catching up with mine and that she wouldn't ask me to sift thru her long black hair, pulling out the occasional grey hairs I give her.

Maybe in the end, she'll take me to the taxidermist and plunk me down in my favorite chair...

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 10:02:36 PM »

I think this jake guy took the situation way too hard.  It wasn't worth committing suicide.  Despite what mudd says I haven't read anything saying that the US was pursuing charges against jake.  Even if they were, he easily could've been out in less than 10 years, probably a lot less than 10 if no extradition.  I highly doubt Colombian courts come down very hard on this type of offense, if they even come down on it at all. 

The worst part of the whole thing for jake is that he was probably bankrupt with nobody on the outside to help him with legal expenses or even moral support.  Another article reported that he was estranged from his family back home, and he wasn't especially well liked among expats who knew him.  He was probably feeling extremely lonely and depressed.  It's hard to get people to rally to your defense when you're being charged with pimping underaged girls.

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
There's another gringo locked up in Costa Rica for "promotion of prostitution".  The ironic thing is that prostitution is completely legal in Costa Rica.  Even more ironic is that this cubadave guy wasn't even profiting from his so-called "promotion".  He was just a guy who liked to post about his travels and take pictures of women.  Unlike Colombia jake, people have rallied to cubadave's cause and have raised money to help with his legal fees.  He has so far been convicted and sentenced to 5 years prison time.  His attorney has already stated their intent to appeal, so cubadave might get it reduced to 1 or 2 years.  If Colombia jake would've just relaxed and went through the proper legal process he probably wouldn't be in a much worse situation than Cubadave.

http://www.ticotimes.net/2016/11/16/cuba-dave-verdict

http://www.ticotimes.net/2016/08/24/cuba-dave-trial-costa-rica

Offline datdamnmouse

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 03:20:31 AM »
Yeah his name is Cuba Dave. Dave Streker This is also happened to a guy called Cuba Dave in Costa Rica I just hope he doesn't end up with the same happening to him .

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 04:34:18 AM »

I think this jake guy took the situation way too hard.  It wasn't worth committing suicide.  Despite what mudd says I haven't read anything saying that the US was pursuing charges against jake.  Even if they were, he easily could've been out in less than 10 years, probably a lot less than 10 if no extradition.  I highly doubt Colombian courts come down very hard on this type of offense, if they even come down on it at all. 

The worst part of the whole thing for jake is that he was probably bankrupt with nobody on the outside to help him with legal expenses or even moral support.  Another article reported that he was estranged from his family back home, and he wasn't especially well liked among expats who knew him.  He was probably feeling extremely lonely and depressed.  It's hard to get people to rally to your defense when you're being charged with pimping underaged girls.

He perhaps was actually hoping and praying that he WOULD  get extradited back to the USA in the hope of getting a reasonably fair trial.

If he lost hope of that and felt he'd be in a Colombian prison until he was an old man,  in a virtual hell hole,  without money,  friends or family,  that very likely effected his state of mind in no small way.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 01:09:04 PM »

American perverts have nothing on Colombian perverts. Those guys don't need the internet since they are busy banging their nieces and granddaughters. It's a rare Colombian girl who makes to age 18 without one of her old relatives getting to her first. BTW, it's not normal in the US for a guy married to his own aunt to be out and about at family reunions as it is in Colombia.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »

American perverts have nothing on Colombian perverts. Those guys don't need the internet since they are busy banging their nieces and granddaughters. It's a rare Colombian girl who makes to age 18 without one of her old relatives getting to her first. BTW, it's not normal in the US for a guy married to his own aunt to be out and about at family reunions as it is in Colombia.

Sad but true. An amazingly unknown and rarely discussed aspect of Colombian Culture that's much more common than most foreigners realize. Especially along the coast. Out of all the Colombianas I got to know well enough for them to discuss their youth with me, I can count the one's that weren't molested by an uncle, cousin or even brother on one hand....and I'm assuming that's just because they weren't comfortable telling me about it.

Offline MariaJBueno

• Colombia´s #1 Matchmaker
    • Exclusive Colombian Matchmaker
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »

Oh wow that's crazy...  :(
Let me personally help you find your Colombian queen today, and save you a lot of time, money, and heartache from dating the wrong women: 
www.ExclusiveColombianMatchmaker.com
----------------
Let's Talk!
http://bit.ly/2NRwsHG
Follow Me:
IG: @colombianmatchmaker
CH: @matchmakercol

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »

Sad but true. An amazingly unknown and rarely discussed aspect of Colombian Culture that's much more common than most foreigners realize. Especially along the coast. Out of all the Colombianas I got to know well enough for them to discuss their youth with me, I can count the one's that weren't molested by an uncle, cousin or even brother on one hand....and I'm assuming that's just because they weren't comfortable telling me about it.
Sounds like Jake was scapegoated. I do know 30 year old Colombianos who have no problem putting pictures of their 12 year old "novia" all over their publicly accessible Facebook page..

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 04:40:55 PM »
My question is how does anybody know how old anybody is on Face book? I've yet to see a scanned image of a cedula or US drivers license any where on that site.
Hermosamente feliz

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864