It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: wisdom wanted  (Read 11270 times)

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: wisdom wanted
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 05:57:42 AM »

It sounds like you are upset because you have been rightfully called out again! hahah Good! 

Who said I was a stud with the latina's?  Who said an older guy can't date in Mexico?   These are YOUR comments.  I say let the man see if he can find a woman in Mexico that meets his criteria.

You were such a 'young stud' that you ran off to Honduras (poorest country in hemisphere aside from Haiti) after the Colombian ladies read you like a kindergarten book, and  turned their collective noses up to you....and now you 'advise' older guys to venture only in 'affluent' areas to find willing ladies from....laughable considering....

Fathertime!

We already had that discussion too. I advised nobody go to Honduras anymore and discussed how even my girl's family was in danger for dating and marrying a gringo... which you just scoffed off. He shouldn't go to Honduras or BAQ. Go read what he wants which he again specified and stop making this about you.

We can go into why some of the other guys struck out in Mexico and even the guys on here that tried POF Mexico. But based on how this guy describes himself I see no reason why Mexico can't be a success for him.

If you want a younger affluent Mexican woman...

Have a decent job, Have some social skills, dress nice (investigate DF fashion scene), Have more hair on your head than your face (that's their preference), be in shape, you can date younger... but not as young as the guys in Colombia try and do. Best of luck articulatefit in your search.

Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
. He shouldn't go to Honduras or BAQ

Don't go to Honduras, fine...Lumping Baq into your 'advising' is ridiculous. 

If you want a younger affluent Mexican woman...

[/size]He NEVER said he wanted 'an affluent Mexican woman'....although that is one of your favorite things to talk about.[size=78%]

[/size]As far as I’m concerned YOU are the one trying to pigeonhole the man.  YOU are the one trying to take places off the table, and talking down places you haven’t even been.   YOU have made it about YOUR personal preferences.  I’m for the man going wherever he wants to go.  Based on what he has said, Mexico, Colombia, or many other places  the around the world  could be fine.  [size=78%]

[/size]Fathertime!    [size=78%]
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »
Yah, I must not be as articulate as I thought if I gave anyone the impression that I want to sport [snip] a buncha hot latin chicks.  Back to what I'm really looking for, let me try again: I will lead a long term committed partnership with an appreciative, Loving, capable, healthy, intelligent, beautiful, feminine fertile woman   My interests were asked about earlier: I enjoy reading (majority nonfiction), sailing, hiking, camping, sex, learning, free weight strength training, leadership/coaching/mentoring, building financial independence ... The biggest opportunity I see is the proximity of the single women of Baja, MX and the possibility of meeting in person.

So FT you must have missed all this then?  You Baja Cali expert you... chime in and tell him how to score in Baja.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
So FT you must have missed all this then?  You Baja Cali expert you... chime in and tell him how to score in Baja.
Although I've been to Mexico and these parts dozens and dozens of times through the years I've haven't proclaimed I'm an expert on how to pick up women in the areas.  I've gone many times with women and kids in tow.   You have probably been to Mexico less than 5 times  and dont speak spanish yet now want to tell a man much older than yourself how to pick up  affluent women....laughable...keep it up though it is entertaining.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:43 PM »

I have lived and worked in Mexico. I enjoyed it but still preferred Colombia.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline the_ace33

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 03:48:16 AM »
Articulatecraft, the way I see it things are very simple for you.  Go to LAC and buy yourself a membership.  There you can meet ladies from all over Latin America.  Find one that best suits you and your situation then make arrangements to go meet her in person.  Some guys like to meet more than one and that's fine too.  You may even find that you want to make multiple stops on your trip.  When I was getting to know my novia online I had originally planned on visiting two cities and two ladies.  As things progressed I ended up changing my flight so that I could spend all my time with the one.  Latin American Cupid has plenty of opportunity and options.
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline pchip

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »
Articulatecraft,

Mexico or Colombia, both are (for you) a short flight away, so even with limited vacation time, you may persue in both countries (albeit one at a time).  Just forget BCC's ramblings, you may find a pearl in any one of those countries.

Good Luck!

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »
Or give Peru a try.

Most guys here consider it the "B League" since they're not into the Inca look but you can find good candidates there as well as have a great vacation.

Offline Gavan

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:41 AM »
Or give Peru a try.

Most guys here consider it the "B League" since they're not into the Inca look but you can find good candidates there as well as have a great vacation.

I agree. You can find plenty of attractive women in Peru as well even if you are not into the "Inca" look, not all Peruanas look like that. You mention that you like Mexicanas, well, most mestizo (mixed race) Peruvians and Mexicans look almost exactly the same. You can even find lots of pure European-looking women in certain áreas of Peru.

Peruanas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UgpcEdEj-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srm6h0VVxDI

It's also a great place to visit with excellent food, interesting tourist attractions, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbX6uiSTnhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vR8vnn1GWQ

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:18:43 PM by Gavan »

Offline articulatefit

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 10:59:25 PM »
Thank you all for sharing your personal experience.  All constructive suggestions are welcome.

Offline InnocentVixen

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
Art, tu español es lo suficientemente bueno incluso para considerar a una mujer que tenga un nivel intermedio de ingles. Eso es, suponiendo que seas paciente y no te importe ayudarle un poco a aprender... Mi nivel ya era bastante alto cuando conoci a mi esposo, pero siento que he aprendido aun mas el idioma con el, de vez en cuando usa una palabra que no entiendo y me explica de manera muy clara. Hablamos ingles en nuestro hogar porque estamos en Mexico, pero cuando nos mudemos a USA usaremos español para que nuestro bebe siempre este expuesto a ambos idiomas y tenga bastante practica.

Sounds like Mexico definitely is a good option for you, you could extend your search beyond baja easily since a quick flight from Tijuana will be extremely cheap saving on international fees.

I used MexicanCupid back in the day and closed my account pretty fast because no surprise, it was full of mexican and mexican-american men and I was trying to find a foreign husband. You might have the advantage on that site, the worse that could happen is that a woman you are interested in has never considered a foreign man, but since you are not asking them to get out of their country odds are most would be willing to give it a try.

My advice is that when you write your profile, select Baja California as your location, and then on the description the first thing you should clarify is that you are planning on moving there in the near future and that you don't mind which state/city the woman is from, as long as she is willing to relocate to that state. I would also avoid writing Tijuana as your location as everyone in Mexico avoids that city like the plague, that with you being american, might sound sketchy. Maybe Rosarito would be a better choice.

Mexicali is a place a lot of students used to move to because their particular career was not available in their home town but now that we have med school, Architecture, Design and a few others here in Ensenada, most choose to come here due nicer weather. In fact I have never met someone from there or that had to live there for a while that was not eager to get out of there, that could be an advantage to you.

I can't think of anyone who likes to play matchmaker, sorry :(
I don't have a big circle of friends here due various reasons but now that the baby is 4 months old I am slowly becoming more active again in the pet rescue association I volunteer at. I am making friends in the 26-42 range and most the volunteers are female, so I will pay more attention to their marital status :)

Offline articulatefit

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
Gracias InnocentVixen -

Bendiciones en tu familia y que todos tienen paciencia con cada uno mientras sus bebe aprenda dormir la noche.

The woman I seek will have at least as much patience with my Spanish as I will her English.  Like with sex, the commitment is to keep getting better and better with lots of practice with each other.

Very wise to maintain a bilingual household - I think there is some research on how that helps make for "better" brain wiring, sorta like playing a musical instrument does also.  I waa speaking more Gernam than English until my dad decided to completely assimilate and he stopped teaching me.

Be interesting to see what language your children use with whom as they get older.  By about 3-5 mine would switch depending on who they were answering.  It didn't matter what language their mom or I used to ask the question or start a conversation, they would speak to her in Spanish and me in English!

Just a point of clarification on my location:  I expect I will be living in the USA for another 10-15 years, so while a woman would not need a visa to meet, I would want them to move here sooner than later.

I will explore mexicancupid with your points in mind about mentioning location.  While I'm getting interest from a few of women in their 30s on Latin American Cupid, my searches there so far show very few Mexicanas en cualquier estado.

Y gracias por pensar del estado matrimonial de tus companeras.  Quizas algun dia tu esposo y yo podemos arreglar in opportunidad encontrarnos todos y en conocerme pueden recommendarme no solo mencionarme.

Anyone else with suggestions about looking in Mexico?

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
The suggestion I had was to look in mexico and all the rest of the latin countries at LAC.  Its not the location its the connection you make with the lady, no matter where she is from.  btw is it just me or do Peruvian chicas tend to be flat in the ass?
tengo una esposa de medellin

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »

Offline Gavan

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 09:02:08 AM »
btw is it just me or do Peruvian chicas tend to be flat in the ass?

Some are some aren't. Proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRP5EnkFcGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjunqQ0bbxI

;D  ;D

Offline articulatefit

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »
LAC is interesting.  Funny how there seem to be sweet spots in responsiveness on different sites.  Here in the states I seem to be most appreciated by the over educated divorced post menopausal world traveler careerist crowd.  At LAC it seems to be short Dominicanas in their late 20s - late 30s who want (more) kids. Who can say if it has to do with the suggestion algorithms the sites use or what, but anyway, several intelligent responses from Dominicanas with a look I like and no more than 1 child.  Not seeing anything interesting to me in Mexico, on LAC or their Mexican site.  Travel to STI from SAN looks like a pia, with no better choices from TIJ.  Well, at least the ex is being open to discuss changes to vacation plans.  My theory on the flat ass thing is its an indication of the genetics of some of the pre-european american natives.

Offline Gavan

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:41 AM »
LAC is interesting.  Funny how there seem to be sweet spots in responsiveness on different sites.  Here in the states I seem to be most appreciated by the over educated divorced post menopausal world traveler careerist crowd.  At LAC it seems to be short Dominicanas in their late 20s - late 30s who want (more) kids. Who can say if it has to do with the suggestion algorithms the sites use or what, but anyway, several intelligent responses from Dominicanas with a look I like and no more than 1 child.  Not seeing anything interesting to me in Mexico, on LAC or their Mexican site.  Travel to STI from SAN looks like a pia, with no better choices from TIJ.  Well, at least the ex is being open to discuss changes to vacation plans.  My theory on the flat ass thing is its an indication of the genetics of some of the pre-european american natives.

Be careful with the Dominicanas, they have a reputation for being scammers. I'm not saying all of them are bad, but I have read a lot of horror stories about them online. You may want to read this forum:

http://dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:11:17 AM by Gavan »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 11:12:21 AM »
There have always been 'shaky' women around. Women who will treat a butt ass ugly, wrinkly old guy like he's Brad Pitt if he has deep pockets, spoils her, her family, etc. And screw the local young bucks behind his back.

Difference is that it's becoming more common now as women, and I dare say it's world wide, see girls doing it and getting away with it. In internet cafes, in malls, on the street and through word of mouth, they're going 'hmmmm'. They're also likely to see more trashy lifestyles through media exposure.

It used to be a lot more common in the more urban areas, but the internet, TV, DVDs and better ground transportation out into the countryside, are all making women more aware of their 'options' than ever before.

It's not as easy to find a sweet, sincere un jaded babe anymore. And a whole lot of them have been lied to, cheated, sometimes left pregnant  and alone by foreign guys.

Face it, as a whole as guys we don't have as good a reputation as we probably did before and more and more, we're being seen as an end to a means. (or is it a means to an end?)

The games always changing and probably will always continue to do so. The best a guy can do when searching is beware and perhaps spread his search parameters out a bit wider and longer. I always say time, time, time. I know some guys who've done well the first 'one woman, one visit = good wife--but I don't think it's going to be as common in the future and for those who succeed, they'll be the ones who took the time to learn how the game is played. It's just too damn easy to look at that first profile picture and think "DAMN--I LIKE that--and you let your guard down. Probably hundreds of other guys are looking at that same picture -- profile and doing the same exact thing.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline articulatefit

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »
Thanks for the link to dr1, good reminders of some male/female interaction basics and I forget how wealthy we americans can seem.  Yes, as the mass media machine rolls on across the globe, so many become more jaded.  In the meanwhile, I have caught the eye of a Lovely young woman that I may get to meet in Ensenada.  Keep those cards and letter coming.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2015, 09:37:12 PM »
The coast of Colombia thing was a joke. Don't go there.

My wife is a Costena from Barranquilla and I bet most of the guys on this board would love to have her as a wife. But she is one of the classic Costenas who just enjoys the simple life with her family, enjoys cooking, and making a beautiful home.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »
The Philippines might be a good choice for you.  In my experience Mexicanas as a group are not much interested in gringos although I did have a Mexican girlfriend for a while. The TJ thing might work but you would probably have to spend a lot of time down there and build up a network of personal connections. In my case I originally was looking for a Mexicana who lived nearby (I lived near the border in Texas) but I ended up with a Colombiana.

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
I also had a mexican girlfriend when I lived in Los Angeles, but once I went on my first trip to Colombia, that was it for the latinas in LA.  I'll stick with my paisa thank you!!!  For all the horror stories I have heard about Paisas, I have to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

just my humble opinion

Dan LV

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »
I also had a mexican girlfriend when I lived in Los Angeles, but once I went on my first trip to Colombia, that was it for the latinas in LA.  I'll stick with my paisa thank you!!!  For all the horror stories I have heard about Paisas, I have to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

just my humble opinion

Dan LV

For all the generalizations that we banter about here, we don't often point out that for every place you go, there are going to be at least a few women who are exceptional and who defy pretty much all those generalizations. It's just up to us guys to find out how some are bad, fair, good, very good, exceptional and so on. You gotta dig for the real diamonds and gold. Yes, I know you can buy such things, but I don't think that's the idea around here. IMHO, that's just one more reason for taking the time to try and get an idea what the culture is like and to meet a variety of women from the area/s you're interested in.

Too many guys spend two or three months on a dating site, fall in love with some woman's picture/s profile, chat and cam her up, then get on the plane and two weeks later, they're engaged. This isn't some instant corn muffin mix we're talking about here, ya know what I mean? ::)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 130