It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: On my way to the Phils!!  (Read 17604 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: On my way to the Phils!!
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 10:40:44 AM »
Jaystone,

Jaystone,

You've done some great trip reporting here! I think such trip reports are fantastic reading for everyone. For me, they bring back great memories and I think for the guys who haven't been (yet) it moves them to think more seriously about taking a trip.

In some ways, it's like National Geographic story, giving insights as to what a country's like to a foreigner on the inside, but also tailored for guys interested in foreign women. Anyway, Jaystone, I think you really conveyed very well what it's like over there, poverty, pretty women and a lot more.

Hope to hear more!

Robert
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
You've done some great trip reporting here! I think such trip reports are fantastic reading for everyone. For me, they bring back great memories and I think for the guys who haven't been (yet) it moves them to think more seriously about taking a trip.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline thekfc

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
Robert, are you still planning on taking a trip this year?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
In some ways, it's like National Geographic story, giving insights as to what a country's like to a foreigner on the inside, but also tailored for guys interested in foreign women. Anyway, Jaystone, I think you really conveyed very well what it's like over there, poverty, pretty women and a lot more.

Robert,

The most amazing thing about visiting a place with such poverty, is the smiles on the faces of the people that live there and how gracious they treat you.

Even more incredible is how beautiful the people are on the inside and how they have produced a daughter of such high caliber.

I find that amazing.

Jaystone, you are blessed to experience what most Americans will never see.  The world is such a big place, with some truly wonderful people.

Great Report!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Jaystone

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 09:42:30 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Before I continue my report, I want to thank everyone for the compliments.   Going to the Philippines as been a joyful, yet humbling experience for me.  It has made me appreciate for what I have.  I wanted to try to be as detailed as possible because I wanted newbies and lurkers alike to get a "true" insight as how life is in PI.   I have found the people there, at least in the province I have visited, poor but proud, kind and friendly, and very approachable.  I would also like to point out, even though some of the neighborhoods were very bad, I felt safer there than I ever did where I grew up-and I grew up in post-riot Detroit, at one time the murder capital in the US to go along one of some of the highest crime rates in the country...heck unemployment now is a staggering 28 percent! :-[

Ok, on with the report!  Today I wanted to post pictures from my day meeting the parents...the following pics are Mira and me with the kids she is raising James and Ivy....they have a younger sister Anna I thought was her sister's kid from next door! These are also pics of the neigborhood, Mira's home and some of the kids I met.  I will continue my day 2 report within the next day or so.   

To be conintued!

Jaystone

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 01:56:47 AM »

Alright! Krusteaz!

I didn't know they had those over there...  ???

Nice pics Jay!

Ray

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 02:15:25 AM »
Alright! Krusteaz!

I didn't know they had those over there...  ???

All those pictures and the only thing our resident Sailor notices is the flapjacks. :D

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
Nice pictures!  :)

Pic. #116- It's a Giggle of Kids!  :D
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 08:06:51 AM »
Great pics Jay - looks like a beautiful place too. Is that where her parents live - right by the beach?

Offline Jaystone

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »
Helle again Everyone!!

The report continues…

Ormoc City Day 2 Part 2

After awhile, Mira and broke out the presents that I brought from home for the immediate family.  Mira gave me an idea on what to get everyone.  I have her mother and sister new purses, her father a microphone for his karaoke machine, hand held “Toy Story” and “Cars” video games, and a vaiery of little toys, racing cars, mini video games, and plenty of candy for everyone…there was even enough for some of the neighborhood kids.   I also gave away a few things from home that I did not use any more; Harry Potter videos(left behind by the ex), some animated Disney animated movies, and a few dvds for the family.  What really made me happy was seeing the reaction by Mira’s father….he was so happy he received that microphone!  His old one had been broken for months and he could not afford a new one.  You would have thought I given him a kidney!  He was so happy!  I never seen a grown man so happy before!  It turns out this guy is a HUGE karaoke junkie….his favorite pastime!  Everyone else was happy with their gifts…after dinner, we spend the evening singing and paying with the kids.  I really had a great time.   We stayed until almost 10pm….I was kind of sad to leave.  We planned on having a picnic with the family the next day, so I left some money with Mira’s mom to buy food.

After we got back to the resort, Mira and I watched some television before calling it a night.   I asked her again what was up with her father saying thanks for the support.  She became agitated and did not really want to talk about it.  I let it go for the moment.  It bothered me why he would say that.  Anyway, Mira and I went to sleep.   At this point, Mira and I really becoming closer and our relationship was taking off..she literally had not left my side since I arrived, she was always attentive to me, always putting me first before anything, despite my asking her not to(at least not all the time) she laid my clothes out every night for the next day, she even blew my nose! Wow!  She really made me feel like a man.  Whenever we ate, she made sure I had enough to eat, whenever we slept, she made sure I had blankets on, and she mae it a point whether alone or in public we would be arm and arm or holding hands.   I was in heaven.   With her, I really felt like a King and she was my Queen, and not like she was my Queen and I was her subject.  She was also very frugal-whenever we shopped, she was looking the get the best dea and she made sure the taxi drivers did not rip us off.  Anything she wanted to buy, she checked with me first, she would get on my case if I spent too much!! I was asking myself, “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?”  “WHY COULDN’T I HAVE MET YOU TEN YEARS AGO?”  She was also very appreciative for everything I have done for her…even just doing simple things like opening doors and being a gentlemen…I could not have been happier……

We finally went to sleep, but after several hours and we both woke up again and started talking again..still learning about each other…Never in my life I had such a great rapport with someone I just met in person.   It was easy and natural and was there was no forced conversation…we found a lot about each other that you would not via emails or web chatting.   We learned we had a lot in common-more than I would have ever imagined.   I also realized something else in the three days I have known her…there was a lot of things she had not done in a awhile…like going out to eat….even to Jolibees…or going shopping….Being at the resort was a real treat for her and she really appreciated it….thanking me almost everyday for being there with me….At that moment, I really appreciated what I had realized there was a lot of things I took for granted that I shouldn’t and the people here are thankful for every day…like eating square meal.   I also really did not realize how poor Mira’s family was until I saw it firsthand.  Still, her family was still a lot better off than most families I have seen when I was there, and despite all the poverty, I found most of the people there were friendly, hard working, kind and helpful.

Before I left for the Phils, I had sent Mira money for the first time, 5500 pesos(about $110) to pay for the ferry for her mom, sister and herself to meet me in Cebu.  The fares only cost about $40, leaving her about $70.   I told her before leaving to use the money as she pleases.    Before going back to sleep, I asked her if she used the money on anything.  Out of nowhere she started crying….badly.  I asked her what was the problem?  She said she was  shy(her word for embarrassed) to tell me…but she finally told me she spent the extra money to buy food for her family.  It turns out her father lost his fishing job when the owner of the bold sold it, and her mom had pawned some of her jewelry and the family was still short, so she basically spent the money to feed her family.  Wow.  It then hit me why her father said “thanks for your support!!”  Mira was ashamed to tell me because she did not want me to think her family would see me as a living ATM machine ans she thought I would leave her because she used the money on her family and not herself…I told her it was okay….I told her that money I gave was hers to do with whatever she pleases.  I could not be any prouder of her and I told her that.    On the other hand, red flags came in my head right away….I was not going to be supporting an entire family….I heard some to the horror stories about sending money to the wives/girlfriends family.  It took me 5 years to get out of debt and I was not about to get back into dept again!! Mira seemed to have read my mind because she then explained that even though her Dad lost his job, they will be OK.  Her father still makes money doing odd jobs, they sell eggs from the chickens they raised, and they are getting money every month from her younger sister who is married to a pinoy in San Francisco.  They are also getting money from her other sister in Tokyo whose kids Mira is raising.  Plus, there was a good chance her Dad would get another fishing job in the spring.  She really won points with me….I give her money to use on herself, and instead she helps her family out with it without a second thought… I loved her more after that.   I told her to tell her parents in the morning to cancel the picnic, and to keep the money to use as they please….Merry Christmas.  Mira cried even more after that.   I also told her that this gift is a one-time deal, and not going to be a regular thing.   She understood that and would not have it any other way, and she would make that very clear with her parents.   She was very happy with my decision and she then told me then and there she could not ever see herself being with anyone but me….ever.   Wow.   I made a decision…I was really thinking maybe she may be the one at that point…and I decided I would be coming back to see her again in the summer..I also wanted to make sure she would be okay.   She had not asked for anything since I known her and decided to give her an allowance to do what she pleases..she was not getting anything to take of the kids and I really wanted to make sure she would not have to ask her parents for anything…especially since her dad lost his job.   She reluctantly accepted by offer and she only wanted $20 a month!!  I actually had to make her accept more.  We also decided to make it easier to send money by opening a joint account at a local bank in Ormoc.  That way, I can send money from my bank for free.  I felt having a joint account would be good for both of us…she would have a debit card and would not have to go through zoom or western union to pick up money every month and I would get better exchange rate for US dollars and can pull money the next time I was there.   At this point, I was really thinking she may be one I have been looking for….

To be continued!!

Jaystone

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2011, 10:12:40 PM »
Jay,

Great report, until the end......  ???

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Jaystone

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 09:30:54 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I have not been around, I have been sick for a little bit, and I have finally recovered.   I just wanted to wrap this thread up.   I don’t like to leave ends.   Needless to say, for the remaining time I spent with Mira, enjoying our time together, swimming, dancing, sight seeing and visiting more of her friends and family.  I fell in love with her on that trip and when I was there I knew for sure she was the one for me.   I had brought an engagement ring with me just in case and the day before I left I asked her to marry me, and she accepted!   Unlike the women before  her, I did not feel any bad vibes about her and in the past I ignored them…this time around I did not feel any bad vibes with her and I just knew she was the one.   I plan on going back to see her in August, this time to visit Cebu where she has family there, it will be at that time I will file the K-1 visa.   We decided to go this route because I am getting an annulment and it may take awhile to have that completed so we will probably have a civil wedding first, before the religious ceremony.   The plan is to have her here around spring 2012(hopefully) and be married sometime in the summer. 

I want to thank everyone for reading this thread and I appreciate all the comments and advice that I have read here and  on other posts.  Everyone has been kind and helpful and I would not have achieved the success and found the girl of my dreams if it were not for this site.  Thanks again, and now the real “fun” begins…..getting her over here!!

Jaystone

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »
Congrats Jay!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »

Offline Jaystone

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
Thank you Jeff!

Offline Ray

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2011, 01:29:25 AM »

That sounds like a good plan Jay.

From my experience, I found that it isn’t that uncommon over there to have a civil wedding first and then a church wedding later.

Have fun in Cebu and check out the Seafood City Restaurant in Lahug for a great seafood experience…

Ray

Offline Jaystone

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:14 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Ray!  I will do that! 

Jaystone

Offline Dave H

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 01:40:57 PM »
Hey Jaystone,

CONGRATULATIONS! I am very happy that everything went so well! Thanks for the GREAT trip report and pictures! You make a wonderfull couple!

Dave
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:05:31 PM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline jal1122

• Probie
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »
Jaystone:

I am a newbie and just wanted to thank you for your detailed trip posts.  No doubt they took some time to put together, but as someone who is currently contemplating a trip to Cebu to meet a woman I talk to all day everyday, it was both informative and inspiring.

Thanks!

Jeremy.west

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »
you should add some picture then it will be complete report with 10/10. but now it is 9/10

Offline thekfc

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 05:01:02 AM »
you should add some picture then it will be complete report with 10/10. but now it is 9/10
Can you kindly introduce yourself.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 76