It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello everyone! I'm new, and I have a little problem I want to ask about.  (Read 7228 times)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello everyone! I'm new, and I have a little problem I want to ask about.
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »

Hey Lobo, that is the way the classic scam goes.I'm not saying that the woman is scammer for sure but it always starts out as needing money for school, then having debt problems and if that doesn't work they whip out the old "sick grandma" routine.I had one woman tell me she was in an accident and needed money for medical bills.She shows up on the webcam with her arm in a cast.A few days later the cast was gone.What a miracle!

Be skeptical of those that ask for money or make a habit of telling you hard luck stories.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Hello everyone! I'm new, and I have a little problem I want to ask about.
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »
My favorite scammer was the one who told me her family was in desperate straits because her father died, leaving them w/o any means of support.

A month or two later, I saw her on line and she must have forgotten a few details, because she told me her father had just died, leaving them in a bad way, yet again!

She never came straight out and asked for money either--many sites will ban women for doing so---but she didn't need to add violin music to make it clear that was her intention!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 201