Forum > Forum News and Announcements

GROUND-BREAKING STUDY! Survey of Cross-Cultural Marriage and Divorce, RELEASED

(1/5) > >>

Dan:
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser. International Relations and GoodWife

Press Release July 15, 2008
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

International Relations and GoodWife.com announce the most important new initiative since IMBRA. To put to rest many of the nagging and unanswered questions raised by various feminist organizations, and others with ignorant or malicious agendas, the first comprehensive Mail Order Bride Survey is now available to address issues of Cross-Cultural Marriage and Divorce. The online URL where the survey may be found is here -- http://www.goodwife.com/survey/index.php?sid=24353&lang=en Construction of the Survey

While the survey requires only 15 minutes to complete the questions, the survey design required several months of meticulous attention and re-design. It involved professional researchers from three universities - Depaul, Georgia State University, and Notre Dame, as well as review by several notable immigration attorneys and others active in the field of international dating and marriage. Do not be fooled by the economy of questions. With only 20 questions, we will be able to address issues such as:
* Divorce rate of cross-cultural marriages.
* Top 'N' causes of divorce in cross-cultural marriages
* Age difference contribution to divorce rate
* Education level influence on divorce rate
* Income level influence on divorce rate
* Influence of children of a former marriage on divorce rate
* Influence of youth on divorce rate (if younger when married, it increases divorce rate - maybe)
* Mean, Median, Mode of length of cross-cultural marriages that fail
* Influence of short courtship on divorce
* Influence of IMB on divorce rate
* Many other answers The 'End Game'

The target number of valid responses is 5,000. It is expected that we will need to disqualify some percentage of responses, hence, we are seeking a population of at least 6,500 responses to achieve a target of 5,000 valid responses. Once we have received the necessary number of valid responses, we will engage a third-party to certify the overall survey results as valid. Upon completion of the validated results, a final report will be released. If you have any questions, please visit us at RussianWomenDiscussion.com or Planet-Love.com where I will be posting this announcement and fielding questions from our members.
Copyright (C) 2008 International Relations All rights reserved.

jm21-2:
6500 seems an awfully high number...are there other sites involved besides PL and RWD?

How will researching the divorce rate in these marriages allay the fears of feminists? Their focus, as far as IMBRA and law-making are concerned, seems entirely on the risks of DV and murder when an abusive guy goes abroad and marries a girl.

It would be really interesting to see some of the statistics drawn from the survey, and would be great for guys seeking wives abroad, but I don't see how it would affect the feminists in any way. You show them that arranged marriages have a very high success rate compared to "love" marriages, and it won't make a feminist any less disgusted with the idea of an arranged marriage. The same goes for this...they'll hear "marriage broker" or "marriage agency," go "eww," and that will be that.

Dan:

--- Quote from: jm21-2 on July 15, 2008, 01:02:34 PM ---6500 seems an awfully high number...are there other sites involved besides PL and RWD?

How will researching the divorce rate in these marriages allay the fears of feminists? Their focus, as far as IMBRA and law-making are concerned, seems entirely on the risks of DV and murder when an abusive guy goes abroad and marries a girl.

It would be really interesting to see some of the statistics drawn from the survey, and would be great for guys seeking wives abroad, but I don't see how it would affect the feminists in any way. You show them that arranged marriages have a very high success rate compared to "love" marriages, and it won't make a feminist any less disgusted with the idea of an arranged marriage. The same goes for this...they'll hear "marriage broker" or "marriage agency," go "eww," and that will be that.

--- End quote ---

Yes, 6500 *is* a large number - and one that would be considered credible by just about any source.

There is a wide-scale effort underway to stimulate participation. More than 750 agencies have already been contacted and asked to disseminate the URL to the survey. There are announcements here, at RussianWomenDiscussion, and at GoodWife. Several of the major Men's groups have been contacted and asked to disseminate the survey. There will be a Press Release issued to the media in a few hours.

We shall see if it generates the requisite attention and participation to create a valid result. If it does not - then we deserve to continue to be flung about on the flood of misinformation and political agendas.

As for the feminists - I am not necessarily looking to sway their opinions. I learned some time ago that zealots are not swayed with facts. At the same time, I urge them to disseminate the survey to all their constituents as well. I honestly and sincerely do not wish, and will not allow, the results of the survey to be manipulated in a way that would promote an agenda. I have my expectations as to the outcomes, but I could easily be surprised if the hyperbole we hear in the press is the least bit accurate.

BTW - the survey *does* touch on DV, and asks for violence to be rated among the issues that may have led to divorce. While not comprehensive treatment of the issue, it opens the door to follow-up surveys, and the final questions asks if respondents would be willing to participate on follow-ups to address questions that will naturally result from the conduct of this initial survey.

Make sense?

- Dan

Dan:
A hardcopy version of the survey is attached to this post. It may be downloaded and completed manually, then faxed in to record results.

- Dan

jm21-2:
OK. It seemed from the original post/ad's wording, to me at least, that the survey would be used to directly refute the claims of feminist organizations and referenced IMBRA (both of which have much to do with concerns of DV, murder, taking advantage of simple-minded desperate foreign girls, etc.) so I was a bit surprised when the information mentioned in the post/ad that the survey would provide were related to divorce more than anything. Anyways, It sounds like a great survey, especially if couples gave follow-ups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version