Forum > Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Another new guy

(1/2) > >>

splurf:
Hello, Name is John and living in good old New Zealand.  Lucky to have a job that has allowed me to explore the delights of this planet for many of my past 46 years.  Have spent more than one year living in Russia and wow were the women there good looking.  Even had my Russian wife for eight years who gave me two amazing kids.

Plus I have spent a lot of time in Central America where I was not overly impressed by the women and plenty of time in Brazil and Venezuala where I had way too much fun.  I go to Thailand three times a year on business which has given me some really amazing times in Cambodia, Vietnam, China, and my most recent favourite place the Philippines. 

When I travel I tend to go to the out of the way places not just the big cities.  So I have some amazing tales to tell of all the places I have been, and from all the girls I have met.

And I have never been to Columbia.  So that is next on my list for 2007 and I will spend five weeks there around May.  So I am here to find out all I can.  Maybe meet someone new to share my life, or maybe some one new to make my five weeks enjoyable.

Look forward to hear your comments and please let me know if you want any travel advise about any of the places I have visited and I am happy to share what I know.

John

utopiacowboy:
How is your Spanish? If it is good, I would check out the smaller cities in Colombia (Monteria, Manizales, Pereira, Armenia etc). that rarely see a gringo. You will be an object of fascination and wonder.

Ray:

splurf:
My Spanish is very rusty, but I just am starting a course and I am sure I will pick it up quick.  I used to be at about 50% comprehension. Thanks for the small city idea.  I did that in Russia and I was the only tourist everywhere.  Russian are very big on their marriage agencies for the locals and every small town has one.  So I just searched it out and every where I went I was king. 

In the smaller cities what is the best way to meet the girls.  Just approach them - hard when you are a little bit shy like me, though I still look mid 30's and am in good shape so that might help.  Or do you go to bars and discos. Or are there agencies in the small towns as well?  Or do the women approach you.

Any guidance is vastly appreciated.  I plan on five weeks, but a head start on finding love would be great!

utopiacowboy:
The women are so approachable it's easy. You know your chances of being shot down are very small. I would use any opportunity to talk to women who interested me or who looked like they were interested in me - asking directions, asking what they would recommend you see in town, any lame excuse to start talking to them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version