It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Trip Report -Mindoro/Boracay  (Read 5900 times)

Offline Bill_McC

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Trip Report -Mindoro/Boracay
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:57:58 AM »
Copied from the Boracay thread...

The flights were uneventful. Savannah to Atlanta, Atlanta to Incheon, Incheon to Manila, travel time was right at 26 hours on Delta/Korean Air. Hazel told me to meet her outside the terminal under the M. Well, theres new construction at the airport and the letters weren't there any longer. I didn't have a functioning cell phone when I stepped off the plane so the search began. A man asked me if he could make a call for me for an American dollar so sure lets call her and stop looking at 100s of faces in the crowd. Since I had no reception my cell wouldn't let me get at my contacts so I couldn't pull up Hazel's number. I'm beginning to think man this is going to be one of those kind of trips. I had been outside maybe 5 minutes at this time and I looked up and there she was looking all over, left, right, ahead, checking out every face in the crowd. I took two steps over and blocked her way because she hadn't seen me yet. As soon as I stepped in front of her and she recognised me she broke into tears. Public displays of affection aren't very popular there but I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the forehead anyway. From there it only got better.

We spent the first two nights in Manila at her sisters home. The first full day was a big cook out with friends and family, I'm guessing that there were 30 people there. Everyone was fun and happy and totally watching me, it was a great time. The following day we caught a bus and rode to Batangus City, then a Super Cat to Mindoro where we met her brother and rode the rest of the way to Socorro. When we got there I met her parents, some more brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, and her son. I have never in my life felt so welcome. They are all fantastic people. Happy smiling generous fun loving down to earth good folks.

We spent the next two days there getting rested and getting to know one another and all of the extended family. Hazel is a sixth grade English teacher so we went to her school where I met all of her associates from the school, including her principal, who hit me up for a donation. Hazel told me that it wasn't necessary to make a donation, but I could sense that her principal might be a stick in the mud as school was just out for the summer and all the rest of the teachers were doing final reports, but Hazel was with me and not working on reports. So 1000 pesos bought us/me some peace of mind in regards to the principal. She said all of her reports were already complete so that we could have the time together but it was worth the $22.00 just to be sure there wasn't any problems. That's when a bunch of her students showed up and all wanted to practice speaking English. It was a ball talking to all of those kids.

From there we took 4 days and went to Boracay. Tropical paradise doesn't do it justice. It's beautiful beaches, great accommodations, excellent entertainment, fantastic food, glorious sunsets and a relaxed laid back atmosphere that forces you to relax and enjoy life and the company of a beautiful woman. We will go back again one day but we'll take more than four days when we do. There is so much to see and do that four days just wasn't enough unless you want to run your tail off and that isn't why we were there. We spent the time talking and getting to know one another without all of the prying eyes. Don't misunderstand everyone was happy for us and hoped the best for us but we were under a microscope around all of her family. It was the best four days of the entire trip for both of us because we could just relax and get to know one another.

We returned to Mindoro for the last few days where I got to know her parents a lot better. With everyone gone it was easier to relax and talk and get to know them. They have a Tilapia pond on the back of their property that they were getting ready to harvest so we spent a day out back fishing and grilling the fresh Tilapia over a charcoal fire. It was about as much fun laughing joking and fishing as I've ever had anywhere in the world. The next day after they had drained down the pond we were knee deep netting fish and playing in the mud. Again it was a great time. The next day was a surprise to me and to them. I grew up on a cow ranch in Montana and it isn't exactly the same, but one of their sows decided it was time to drop 14 piglets so I went to work helping with the sow. I think that impressed them more than anything I said or did the entire time I was there. Getting dirty and digging in and helping wherever I could was actually kind of nice again. It had been a lot of years since I did anything like that but its like riding a bike I guess, you always remember what to do.

The day before I was to leave to go back to Manila her father sat me down and point blank asked me what my intentions were toward his daughter. Talk about under the gun!  I told him that she made me happy and that I was pretty sure that I made her happy and that if she would have me that we would eventually end up being married and live in the US. He smiled and said something to Hazels mom that made her smile and reach over and squeeze my hand. I think they were satisfied with my answer. I think they were satisfied with me.

The next stop was Manila again. We wanted to tour the walled city but once we were there we decided that we didn't want to be out in the crowds so we just stayed at her sisters house and spent the last two days together before I had to come back.

I've never been around a happier group of people anywhere in the world and I have traveled extensively.

We've been talking on line again and I honestly miss having her with me everyday. I'm looking at the K-1 visa application process and thinking very seriously about taking the plunge. She treated me like a king. She attended to every little need and made sure that everything I wanted or needed was right there and ready whenever I needed it. She trimmed my nails and did my laundry and did everything in her power to make me comfortable. Its amazing after being involved with American women what a real woman that wants to be with you can be like.

Shes a LOT more than I expected, maybe more than I deserve, but I don't really care, I like her and I will continue to see her and maybe one of these days soon I'll have more news about the two of us.

Bill
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:15:58 PM by Bill_McC »
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline stevjulietb

Re: Trip Report -Mindoro/Boracay
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:21:50 AM »
Nice trip report!  best of luck.

Steveb

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:27:20 AM »

Sounds like a great trip Bill!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:27:20 AM »

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:55:17 AM »
Nice report Bill.

For starters, I find NAIA1 a little "confusing" for a first time visitor. With the amount of traffic that airport gets you would think that they would make it a little more "visitors friendly". Hopefully the new construction will fix the problem a little.

I have never been to Boracay or Mindoro so I cannot comment on these places but Bohol & Pangasinan (hundred Islands) were beautiful.

Glad that you enjoyed yourself.

PS, Piglett might get jealous that you got to "roll" with a few piglets.  ;D
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 12:15:24 PM »
PS, Piglett might get jealous that you got to "roll" with a few piglets.  ;D

Honest to God I thought of him when the sow started dropping the little ones. :)

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
Honest to God I thought of him when the sow started dropping the little ones. :)

Bill

Were any of them wearing boots?

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
                                                   Were any of them wearing boots?

Researcher

Nope no boots but they were cute and pink just like Pig. :D

Bill

Offline Tanuki

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
Bill,

I enjoyed reading your report.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline whitey

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 05:56:24 PM »
All the best, Bill ... I hope things continue to go well ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline euforia51

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »
We've been talking on line again and I honestly miss having her with me everyday. I'm looking at the K-1 visa application process and thinking very seriously about taking the plunge. She treated me like a king. She attended to every little need and made sure that everything I wanted or needed was right there and ready whenever I needed it. She trimmed my nails and did my laundry and did everything in her power to make me comfortable. Its amazing after being involved with American women what a real woman that wants to be with you can be like.
Great report, Bill. Very glad things went well for you. Looking at this last paragraph struck a note with me. As well, I was a bit giddy after my first visit to Medellin to meet my girl. It's exciting, it's fun, but it's blinding in a way that can cloud your better judgement; and it takes some time for that to wear off.

Nonetheless, I'll soon be making a return trip which I am viewing more as a reality check to be sure my girl is the one. The length of stay will be shorter than the first trip as well. I'll be looking to see if the same quality, behavior, and actions that makes one feel like a king are still there the second time around. And if they are, I'm thinking I'm on to something real, and worthwhile. Note, I said looking and not expecting. Just a little food for thought.

Good luck in the future...

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 06:11:51 AM »
Yes - great report Bill. Sounds like lots of fun was had by all, and it also sounds like you picked a winner.

- Jeff

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
Nope no boots but they were cute and pink just like Pig. :D

Bill
& i tell you if any had red boots on that i never the mother
..........i sure hope she doesn't squeal on me  ;D ;D ;D

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864