It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Day 2,3 PH  (Read 13862 times)

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Day 2,3 PH
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
Hey Rob,

Don't worry, when things slow down, your wife will be back to her old self...trying to put nail polish and pink lip gloss on you and the dog  ;D

Dave

The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »
These "lovely" words:
"Let me wipe, you sweating again.",  "let me put towel on your back", "your hair is long again", "do not bite your nails". "let me clean cut nails".

My nails was a "little long", barely noticeable but she said that my nails was too long & gave me a manicure & pedicure. While she was giving me the manicure, she put down the clipper & I picked it up - she gave me "the look"  & I immediately put it down.

I was looking for some good white t-shirts & got on the Hanes deal & got 15 white t-shirts which I will take with me, I think that will be enough to cover me while I am there.
I will also bring 2-3 nice soft Egyptian cotton wash cloths "to wipe".  ;D

Dave H.  you owe me a new keyboard.  ::)
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Dave H

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 08:01:56 AM »
These "lovely" words:
"Let me wipe, you sweating again.",  "let me put towel on your back", "your hair is long again", "do not bite your nails". "let me clean cut nails".

Hey thekfc,

Don't forget..."You look so tired! Let me massage you!"  ;D Time really flies...I have been hearing those "lovely" words for almost 10 years now.

[/quote]

Dave H.  you owe me a new keyboard.  ::)

No problem, I have a closet full. You just have to come by and get it.  ;D

Dave AKA Dr. Love

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 08:01:56 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
Yea Kfc, She doesn't like when I pick up the nail clipper can never do it 'right'.

If anyone's onto it after one visit it's you, but 'just in case' the guys--her family anyways, most likely greatly prefer 'Hanes' brand under wear and T shirts. We don't even bother stocking up on anything else--no Fruit of the Loom, etc.

Maybe it's Michael Jordan and Hanes, I dunno. Levis are still THE brand of jeans, but Guess would be OK in a pinch. A store around here 'Rugged Warehouse', occasionally blows out the Hanes at a $1 a pair or top, as well as Nike, Adidas, Structure, Express, Ed Hardy, Urban Outfitters etc. You never know what your gonna find.

Is there anything that Ed Hardy hasn't put his gaudy mark on yet?

I know you're always filling a box, if slow and steady!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
Yea Kfc, She doesn't like when I pick up the nail clipper can never do it 'right'.
Same here, I can never do it 'right". I did my nails last week, I took my time & did everything to a "tee" but it wasn't done "right".  ::)

If anyone's onto it after one visit it's you, but 'just in case' the guys--her family anyways, most likely greatly prefer 'Hanes' brand under wear and T shirts. We don't even bother stocking up on anything else--no Fruit of the Loom, etc.
Maybe it's Michael Jordan and Hanes, I dunno.
They do love Hanes, especially her brother in Bahrain - he love the white shirts. Yea, it must be the MJ thing.

Levis are still THE brand of jeans, but Guess would be OK in a pinch.
Jeans I haven't done yet, I don't think that she is giving me her correct size. She tells me that she is a size 26/27 pants but she fits an extra small in Victoria's Secret & Disney - so I will do a correct sizing when I am there. 

I know you're always filling a box, if slow and steady!
I sent a few boxes to her, it should be in Manila within the next 2 weeks (I haven't done a tracking yet). I sent some good stuff but I held back a bit, I am planning to send them in early October for X-mas - I think that they will be more appropriate for then than now.

Offline Ethan14

• Royale with cheese
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Wow Crash sounds like a great trip. Are you going back soon? What did you get a tattoo of?  :o

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
Now while in the PH, I've seen a lot of pretty girls, some very pretty but as you have heard before, all things change when you go to the mall.Sheena warned me and she is cool with the " looking" and it's natural she says. Good girl.
Well I think I may it honestly to 40 feet OUTSIDE the intrance when my jaw dropped and the temptation to turn around for a 2nd,3rd stare was too much. The force was too strong!!! Jesus. Throughout the mall, there were very sexy young women, make up and all in shorts looking very pretty. If ur girl is the very jealous type, just don't go or go alone.
If your looking to meet women, plenty there, just pick out the type u like and go for it.

I was in Ho Chi Mihn City (Saigon) and had the same problem! I was with hanging out with two beautiful viet girls and they both wanted my attention.  We went to an outdoor shopping mall and I became a rock star!!  The key in this situation is simple, wear dark glasses!! lol

Keep the faith bro!  Nothing wrong with looking!  Just don't let the eye candy interfere with you and your woman's short time together!

Great trip report, sounds like you and your girl are a smash!!
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Dave H

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 04:37:35 AM »

Maybe it's Michael Jordan and Hanes, I dunno.

Hey Rob,

I think you are onto something! Filipinos all seem to love Hanes. I have Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Jockey etc..."Fruit of the Womb, WTF is that?"  I have some darn expensive T-shirts made of cashmere or something, that even Simon Cowell would drool for! They make the others feel like cardboard, yet I am sure that Filipinos would not be impressed in the least unless it is Hanes and Michael Jordan.

Dave

I don't know

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »
Alright, I'll wrap this up then go back and answer questions.
The morning came to leave very fast. We laid in each others arms not sure what to say or do. I don't like being late so we gathered up and grabbed a taxi. Taxi driver tried to double charge us again after trying to charge us a way too high rate to the airport. She stood her ground, we started to get out and then he came around.
She took a few camera phone pics otw there of us. If your not a ticketed passenger, you cannot get but a few feet in the door there. We said our goodbye's, she teared up which made me break down, even worse than she did. Damn that was hard but I can't say unexpected.I waived goodbye after check in and disappeared with tears still in my eyes the whole time. I'm getting misty now.lol

Well there isn't any signs for the departure tax required and I gave her most of my pesos left so I fell a few short. I went to the ATM,but the VISA one was OOS so I went scrambling for another. I had to run down to international arrival for a Bank of PI and run back. Leave yourself plenty of time for situations like this.
Before I left on the trip, all I could think of was her and what we would be doing but on the return flight and the next 48 hours, I COULDN'T think of her or the future. My mind locked up. Maybe I was depressed, stressed of going back to reality. I'm not sure. My mind finally cooperated after a day or 2 and thoughts of our future started to pour in.
Nothing has changed between us. She is very in love with me and wants nothing else but to be where ever I am. Honestly, I feel the same. I am going to file the petition in the next 2 weeks for a fiance visa, so she can visit here. If things still are as great as they are now, we will get married here. She doesn't want anything big but just that we are together.

If you guys are looking for a good woman, I can very much recommend the women of PH. How you go about finding her, well, there are many different ways to do that. I only know what worked for me.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
I am enjoying your report crash.

I am one of the few who didn't get to drink on my first visit i phil.  ;D

I seldom drink & Ahya's oldest brother do not drink so there were no offer of alcohol. The bottle I gave him - Ahya told me that is on display in his cabinet (a few people are eyeing it)  ;D. As for the Godiva liqueur, people who normally do not drink - had a taste of it.   8)

>>I leaned over to Sheena and said I needed to use to bathroom. She asked if I needed to "poof". To what? After a few back and forths, I clarified it to her as "poop" and yes I needed to. <<
Did you use fresh or dry leaves to wipe?   :-[  ;D

Next time just say you want to go to cr (comfort room).  :D

Well thats where the communication comes into play. The first day at the hotel, I walked by the bathroom and saw her on the seat squatting on her feet just like she would have outside.lol. She finally started using her butt on the seat after that.lol

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 11:59:17 PM »
Nice report crash, I enjoy reading it.
 I got the same treatment too on my first jeepney ride.
Did she give you one of these "towels" aka handkerchief? they come in quite handy, I was given 2 - one for my back & one to wipe.  ;D
I did get to ride the local bus - window seats on them are prime. The private buses & taxis I rode on had good working a/c.
My other rides (tricycles & jeepneys) had continuous natural & "semi-fresh" a/c.  ::)

Any pics yet?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
She had tissues and kept pulling them out to wipe. They are so small and thin, she'd use the whole pack.
Napkins suck over there. If you can get one, there are like tissue. Very thin. They'd never make it in the States.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 12:03:51 AM »
Great trip report!  My sweetie lives on Bohol, near Tag city!  

Take some notes about pricing, food, etc!  I will be there later 2010 or early 2011.

Keep up the trip reports you got me on the edge of my seat!!  And get some good pics!!

Zulu
I'll get up the pics as soon as she sends them to me. Slow internet and 200 photos will take a long time.
Food is cheap. Very hard to spend more than 350 pesos for dinner, breakfast is about 90 to 180. I bought whole grilled chickens for $2.00. Fast food lunch is 80 pesos. Try the never ending rice bowl!!!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 04:44:43 AM »
She had tissues and kept pulling them out to wipe. They are so small and thin, she'd use the whole pack.
Napkins suck over there. If you can get one, there are like tissue. Very thin. They'd never make it in the States.
Yep, these napkins/wash cloth/"towels" they use to wipe are paper thin - one wipe & it is completely wet, I have 2 with me, I took them incase I needed them in the airport. I plan on bringing my own wash cloth with me. I included some nice thick bath towels, bath sheets & beach towels in the balikbayan box I recently sent but I forgot to include the hand towels & wash cloths. 

Also the napkins that they give you at some (not all) restaurants are not enough to completely wipe your hands.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 04:44:43 AM »

Offline thekfc

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 04:59:31 AM »
I'll get up the pics as soon as she sends them to me. Slow internet and 200 photos will take a long time.
Food is cheap. Very hard to spend more than 350 pesos for dinner, breakfast is about 90 to 180. I bought whole grilled chickens for $2.00. Fast food lunch is 80 pesos. Try the never ending rice bowl!!!
Sometimes the internet can be very slow, Ahya sister owns an internet cafe & I have experience it first hand. Depending on the size of your pics - it may take a looooooong time.

Yep, the food is good & cheap and I know that you did enjoy yourself eating.

Questions:
How many pounds did you gain? ;D
Did you remember the names of the food that you ate? ( I should use eat as the word ate is sister :D).
Any food that you didn't really care for?

I posted a few pics of some menus in my trip report. If I remember or have the time I take some more pics of menus around Manila & the other areas which I will visit.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:36 AM »
Wow Crash sounds like a great trip. Are you going back soon? What did you get a tattoo of?  :o

This would be cool!  ;D

Don't get me started on tattoos!  ;D

That would sure make it tough wearing "slippers" in the Philippines! I hope that is not piglett's new tattoo!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:55:08 AM by Dave H »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »

Well there isn't any signs for the departure tax required and I gave her most of my pesos left so I fell a few short. I went to the ATM,but the VISA one was OOS so I went scrambling for another. I had to run down to international arrival for a Bank of PI and run back.

If you guys are looking for a good woman, I can very much recommend the women of PH. How you go about finding her, well, there are many different ways to do that. I only know what worked for me.

Fantastic Report!

What was the departure tax?  How much was the total trip cost?

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline thekfc

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 06:49:29 PM »
What was the departure tax?
750 pesos (about $16) for international departure & 200 pesos ($4.30) for domestic travel.
There is also a travel tax too but that is mainly for Filipino citizens, residents & visa holders.
We only have to pay the departure tax.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:58:58 PM by thekfc »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »
I don't think I gained any weight and honestly may have lost some but not for lack of eating. I ate more like a Filipino, with lots of rice and less meat/ sauces than I would have done if I was home. Rice isn't nutritional really and just fills the void. Rice with a lil soy and vinegar is excellent.
My tattoo is a polynesian tattoo, all in black with a large sun on my bicep and different tribal bands wrapping around my upper forearm.
This was by far the most painful tat ever. It took 8 hours. The skin on your inner arm, bicep/ AC area is paper thin and just F'n hurts.mostly healed now except lower bicep.I had prices from 16k pesos to 23k pesos "americano" prices but I got it for 9000 pesos. Good price. Not the quality of a tattoo in the states but that's part of the concept and I am gonna tweak it a bit. I'll get pics of it up also.

The slipper comment reminded me of a hotel we stayed in provided bath/pool slippers. My size 14 foot I pryed into them and the heel hung out 3 inches but I wore them.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »

The slipper comment reminded me of a hotel we stayed in provided bath/pool slippers. My size 14 foot I pryed into them and the heel hung out 3 inches but I wore them.

Hey crash,

I enjoyed your trip report!

I have an 11 foot and seem to be at the upper spectrum of slipper and shoe sizes, at least in my city. If I find a pair of shoes or slippers that fit and I like, I usually buy them and add them to my Imelda Marcos collection...which is still quite small due to "No stock sir!" (in my size). I saw a cool pair of Converse Allstars that I really wanted the other day...but unfortunately the largest size that they came in was a 9.5, with maybe a B width at the most. The girl brought them out anyway thinking that I must have exaggerated my foot size. She asked me if I wanted to try them on, as if perhaps my foot would shrink into them. I laughed, placed them next to my bare foot, and told her, "Thanks anyway!"   ;D

Dave

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
When I was a kid 13 and 14 size shoes were hard to find. Now, they are pretty common.

Offline throwawaydad

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
Hey ARFF:

I'm a medically-retired Airline Pilot.

CrashFireParamedic...I suspect you work at an airport.

KICT?

I nailed it when you mentioned OOS.

Too bad you didn't get to squirt me on MY Last Landing.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
750 pesos (about $16) for international departure & 200 pesos ($4.30) for domestic travel.
There is also a travel tax too but that is mainly for Filipino citizens, residents & visa holders.
We only have to pay the departure tax.
I paid $16.75 when i left the airport in manila
I had thought it would be much more so i still had $120 stashed in my money belt
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
Hey crash,

I enjoyed your trip report!

I have an 11 foot and seem to be at the upper spectrum of slipper and shoe sizes, at least in my city. If I find a pair of shoes or slippers that fit and I like, I usually buy them and add them to my Imelda Marcos collection...which is still quite small due to "No stock sir!" (in my size). I saw a cool pair of Converse Allstars that I really wanted the other day...but unfortunately the largest size that they came in was a 9.5, with maybe a B width at the most. The girl brought them out anyway thinking that I must have exaggerated my foot size. She asked me if I wanted to try them on, as if perhaps my foot would shrink into them. I laughed, placed them next to my bare foot, and told her, "Thanks anyway!"   ;D

Dave

I found that in manila(at least where i went) the biggest size shoe they carry is a 10

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

That would sure make it tough wearing "slippers" in the Philippines! I hope that is not piglett's new tattoo!

[/quote]

WOW that little piggy had a rough time of it.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864