It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Student Visas  (Read 10397 times)

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Student Visas
« on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:37 AM »
What do you guys think about bringing a girl that you’re interested in, here on an English school ESL Student Visa so there is some real time to get to know her?

Paying to enroll her in an English School for 6 mos. seems like a much better way then a fiancé visa, or going into a marriage too soon without enough time spent together.

After 6 months she could even extend the visa another 6 months if necessary.  Of course she’d have to go to school....  If things don’t work out long term, she goes back home with better English skills, and the guy is out several thousand dollars in tuition.  Not the cheapest route, but very low risk.

In a perfect world, we could post a bond, and bring guests in as we choose.  But that’s not the country we live in,,....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Student Visas
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:44:32 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me-- that in horse racing, track bet terms, you're covering your 'bet'  pretty good. You're putting down money, hoping to win long term ( I assume ) But this way, you're also betting that this pony will ' show ' and placing a bet accordingly to not only to insure that, but allowing a lot more time to see what she's like here in the USA. Probably with a ton less paperwork hassle than a fiancee visa would entail.

I say that, not knowing if you have to sign off, meaning co sign anything to get her into the USA or how much money to get going on a student visa entails. If it was THAT easy, a lot of sugar daddies would have a sweet life indeed.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:41:39 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »
What do you guys think about bringing a girl that you’re interested in, here on an English school ESL Student Visa so there is some real time to get to know her?

Paying to enroll her in an English School for 6 mos. seems like a much better way then a fiancé visa, or going into a marriage too soon without enough time spent together.

After 6 months she could even extend the visa another 6 months if necessary.  Of course she’d have to go to school....  If things don’t work out long term, she goes back home with better English skills, and the guy is out several thousand dollars in tuition.  Not the cheapest route, but very low risk.

In a perfect world, we could post a bond, and bring guests in as we choose.  But that’s not the country we live in,,....

If you have the money it is doable.

The school tuition has to be paid before you apply for the student visa and she has to show that she has enough money in the bank to live for six months in the states to get the visa.

If you really know the chick well and trust her you could just put 10 or 15 grand in her bank account and she would have a decent chance of getting a tourist visa.

And after she gets the visa or not....she can give you the money back.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »
I originally came to the US on a student visa when I went to law school. I had to show that I had enough money for my tuition and living expenses. Later I got married and adjusted status to permanent resident. In fact I practiced law in New England before I was even a US citizen.

Fronting a chick with that kind of money that you don't really know that well is a risk which may or may not pay off. Of course so is a spousal or fiancee visa. With the student visa, she could marry someone else and there is nothing you could do about it.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »

The school tuition has to be paid before you apply for the student visa and she has to show that she has enough money in the bank to live for six months in the states to get the visa.

If you really know the chick well and trust her you could just put 10 or 15 grand in her bank account and she would have a decent chance of getting a tourist visa.

If that's the case, for a lot of babes, 10-15 grand safe in her bank back in Mexico and being able to 'take the money and run' namely getting/ keeping the money and a student visa to wit, and dumping you, would be awfully tempting.

And all those college boys wandering around campus.....

Offline Calipro

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »
If that's the case, for a lot of babes, 10-15 grand safe in her bank back in Mexico and being able to 'take the money and run' namely getting/ keeping the money and a student visa to wit, and dumping you, would be awfully tempting.

And all those college boys wandering around campus.....

Sure but some girls are looking at the long run.

I have never seen the so many girls date down in my life until I hit Colombia.
Plenty of attractive Colombianas date guys that are 2 to 3 points below them in the looks department.

My guess is they are looking for someone to commit rather than sleeping with the hottest stud they can find. Or they have incredibly bad taste in men. jajaja

When I looked at pics of my girlfriend's past boyfriends I was shocked to realize that I'm the probably best looking guy she has ever dated. jajaja

I hope she at least got a one night stand in there some where with a guy better looking than myself.
Who knows.... maybe she got humped and dumped quite a few times before she decided she would settle for a guy 26 years older than her. Or maybe her mom dropped her on her head when she was a baby.

I still don't fully understand what motivates these Colombianas. jajaja

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:54:23 PM »
Calipro said:
Sure but some girls are looking at the long run.

I have never seen the so many girls date down in my life until I hit Colombia.
Plenty of attractive Colombianas date guys that are 2 to 3 points below them in the looks department.

My guess is they are looking for someone to commit rather than sleeping with the hottest stud they can find. Or they have incredibly bad taste in men. jajaja

When I looked at pics of my girlfriend's past boyfriends I was shocked to realize that I'm the probably best looking guy she has ever dated. jajaja

I hope she at least got a one night stand in there some where with a guy better looking than myself.
Who knows.... maybe she got humped and dumped quite a few times before she decided she would settle for a guy 26 years older than her. Or maybe her mom dropped her on her head when she was a baby.

I still don't fully understand what motivates these Colombianas. jajaja
I asked my friend Coladmin at the old colombiahelp.com forum about that. He said that most of the women want stability. They generally have been screwed over by their ex, leaving them for a newer or 'late-model' edition. If they find somebody that is true to them, they seem to look past the (ahem)features. I often wonder whatever became of Coladmin.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 07:03:03 AM »
Canadian women seem to frequently date down as well. Plenty of times I've been on a Canadian beach and I see a chick who looks good in her bikini with some schlub. The guy will have a beer belly and half bald and I think, what is she doing with him? Of course he could be a great guy with a good job and plenty of money so who knows? 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:24:21 AM »
Calipro said:I asked my friend Coladmin at the old colombiahelp.com forum about that. He said that most of the women want stability. They generally have been screwed over by their ex, leaving them for a newer or 'late-model' edition. If they find somebody that is true to them, they seem to look past the (ahem)features. I often wonder whatever became of Coladmin.

My wife never had any serious relationships with guys before she met me. She certainly had seen a lot of relationship dynamics growing up in the village, and then at University for five years, then working at Coca-Cola corporate , both in the big city.

She saw a lot of guys screwing around on their GFs. wives, the Mistress 'culture' amongst those with more money, etc.

It'd probably be about the 'end' if she physically caught me with another woman, but she knows I cant help but look at a sexy woman and knows that I can't help but flirt, strike up a flirty conversation with the same,
but the unwritten rule is: "You can look, but you better not touch".

Hell, she tells ME ( with an odd sense of pride and humor) when she senses another woman likes me or is visually checking me out, "hitting on you" she says in 'USA speak' but in public, she won't allow herself eye contact with men. And she's, if I dare say myself, 'eye candy' and I have to give guys the 'death stare' in public sometimes when they're obviously trying to undress her with their eyes.

But she's 'old school' in a fashion that's rapidly disappearing in 3rd world countries, but she's NOT a stupid robot.

She said she chose older me because she thought I'd be more mature, stable. Couldn't have been for money, as I've never really had a lot and besides, my two sons always were (are) vying for it. Her work income is now more than my pension! Danger zone, Will Robinson!

Funny thing is to be painfully honest, she has almost like a built in mental gyroscope, one that makes her temper stable and her decisions calm and rational. She's quick to get over those rare disagreements. Perhaps her greatest fault is that she's too generous.

She just got back from taking her family to Hong Kong, Disneyland and Macau, China. We'd saved for the trip for a while and somehow, she was still somehow able to return with over $500 left over. I told her I was amazed and proud of her. I should've told her her to put it straight into the bank account for her next car.

Well, next time at church, she put a hundred dollar bill in the collection basket--arrgh! And nooooo, I wasn't gonna pull that Benjamin back out. It was her 'way' of thanking God for the the trip, for her Mom's health and the family being able to enjoy it together.

I sometimes tease her, tell her that she's "such a damn Girl Scout", but when I get pissed and crazy, she's always somehow able to take the clip out of my gun, before I go 'bat sh!t crazy'.

Yea, I'm not typically a dorky, immature husband like some of her friend's husbands are, but there's times where she's calmer and more mature than me.

Some of the guys her friends married are real lightweights.

Best thing is that she doesn't harp on it when I'm fixing to do something crazy, and she typically tries to make me think that when we change our mind, that it was my, or at least, "our" decision, LOL.

But yea,  lot of younger babes are at least hoping, that marrying an older, hopefully more mature, stable, well off goat like us will save them a lot of grief! Ha!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:54:15 AM by robert angel »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 11:43:42 AM »
Robert angel said:
My wife never had any serious relationships with guys before she met me. She certainly had seen a lot of relationship dynamics growing up in the village, and then at University for five years, then working at Coca-Cola corporate , both in the big city.

She saw a lot of guys screwing around on their GFs. wives, the Mistress 'culture' amongst those with more money, etc.

It'd probably be about the 'end' if she physically caught me with another woman, but she knows I cant help but look at a sexy woman and knows that I can't help but flirt, strike up a flirty conversation with the same,
but the unwritten rule is: "You can look, but you better not touch".

Hell, she tells ME ( with an odd sense of pride and humor) when she senses another woman likes me or is visually checking me out, "hitting on you" she says in 'USA speak' but in public, she won't allow herself eye contact with men. And she's, if I dare say myself, 'eye candy' and I have to give guys the 'death stare' in public sometimes when they're obviously trying to undress her with their eyes.

But she's 'old school' in a fashion that's rapidly disappearing in 3rd world countries, but she's NOT a stupid robot.

She said she chose older me because she thought I'd be more mature, stable. Couldn't have been for money, as I've never really had a lot and besides, my two sons always were (are) vying for it. Her work income is now more than my pension! Danger zone, Will Robinson!

Funny thing is to be painfully honest, she has almost like a built in mental gyroscope, one that makes her temper stable and her decisions calm and rational. She's quick to get over those rare disagreements. Perhaps her greatest fault is that she's too generous.

She just got back from taking her family to Hong Kong, Disneyland and Macau, China. We'd saved for the trip for a while and somehow, she was still somehow able to return with over $500 left over. I told her I was amazed and proud of her. I should've told her her to put it straight into the bank account for her next car.

Well, next time at church, she put a hundred dollar bill in the collection basket--arrgh! And nooooo, I wasn't gonna pull that Benjamin back out. It was her 'way' of thanking God for the the trip, for her Mom's health and the family being able to enjoy it together.

I sometimes tease her, tell her that she's "such a damn Girl Scout", but when I get pissed and crazy, she's always somehow able to take the clip out of my gun, before I go 'bat sh!t crazy'.

Yea, I'm not typically a dorky, immature husband like some of her friend's husbands are, but there's times where she's calmer and more mature than me.

Some of the guys her friends married are real lightweights.

Best thing is that she doesn't harp on it when I'm fixing to do something crazy, and she typically tries to make me think that when we change our mind, that it was my, or at least, "our" decision, LOL.

But yea,  lot of younger babes are at least hoping, that marrying an older, hopefully more mature, stable, well off goat like us will save them a lot of grief! Ha!
I remember hearing horror stories from 'shipmates' when I was in the Navy about their girlfriends in the PI. They were loving, good cooks, frugal. But God help you if she learned you were 'playing in a different ball field'. I guess the best term to sum it is you would be 'Bobitt-ized!'

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 01:03:25 PM »
Robert angel said:I remember hearing horror stories from 'shipmates' when I was in the Navy about their girlfriends in the PI. They were loving, good cooks, frugal. But God help you if she learned you were 'playing in a different ball field'. I guess the best term to sum it is you would be 'Bobitt-ized!'

And with the epidemic of one worse than the next lawyer commercials: "Slip and fall, THEN CALL!" and the grocery store tabloids, the celebrity shows and phone apps like Entertainment Tonight, TMZ and others, that follow the 'news', showing all the break ups and  the money involved, just to be divied up.

Is it any wonder that an 'evil seed' is implanted into otherwise loyal women's brains?

Unless you are 'off the grid' - - It's  impossible for someone not to think that we're in a culture where relationships, marriages are not only disposable, but that it's very lucrative to exercise these readily available options.

After all, as these shiester lawyers are quick to point out via TV, billboards etc., that it doesn't cost a dime for a woman, really for anyone, to start a case, and if their 'client' doesn't make $$$$, there's nothing to them to lose, but for the woman, there's some one that they're able to quickly lose, turning him into an 'ex' and then move onto a new potential victim/s.

And if lawyer's advertising and the break up obsessed media isn't enough, if your wife is hungry for 'friends' and you don't choose carefully, she may end up with some seasoned sharks,--women she counts as 'friends'---even women from her own country, who are more than happy to hand her their lawyer's cards and explain how they can collect child support, alimony and be free to 'cruise' and find a new buck to ride, all the while collecting off the ex. We keep our circle of 'friends' very small.

The USA really is a nation of opportunity!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:19:56 PM by robert angel »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 09:47:44 AM »

Good point.not to.mention foreign student tuitions are astronomical and she wont be paying for it I can guarantee.

I have gotten Colombian and Peruvian women into Canadá on a tourist visa, bit in Colombianas case  we were married .

Problem is tourist visas are shorter term, but less costly, bureacratic , messy and risky than student or marriage Type visas.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:55:33 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »
Canadian women seem to frequently date down as well. Plenty of times I've been on a Canadian beach and I see a chick who looks good in her bikini with some schlub. The guy will have a beer belly and half bald and I think, what is she doing with him? Of course he could be a great guy with a good job and plenty of money so who knows?

When were you.last on a beach in Canadá?.The 1970s?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 06:46:19 PM »
When were you.last on a beach in Canadá?.The 1970s?

You may not but I go back to Canada almost every year. It just keeps getting better and better, too.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »

You may not but I go back to Canada almost every year. It just keeps getting better and better, too.

I go back 2 months  a year.

Its like Disney World. Going there on vacactión is one thing, but living there and paying taxes and trying to get a job in your professión  is another.

If you go there to the beach I imagine you are going to the quaint Maritimes.

Did you know they are being subsidized to the tune of billions of dollars a year by Alberta?

Imagine how that gonna fly when Alberta and Saskatchewan get so pi$$ed off they leave the country?

(Not that I think that will ever happen..but it sure would be the smart thing to do).

Getting better and better? Putting Up illegal border hoppers and their families in $100  a Night hotels for months on end and sending their kids to overcrowded school, letting them.use the overstrained healthcare system while they wait years to see how their cases go is getting better?
Meanwhile, cutting off healthcare benefits for someone who was born and raised in the country and paid over a million in taxes to the place and is continueing to do so? Thats getting better? Driving away all foreign andi internal business investments because any especial.interest group funded by foreign organization can challenge any industrial development in court Infinite number of times until some "progressive" judge agrees with them and puts a kaybosh on the whole thing?

That "getting better"
Excuse me while I puke.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:44:33 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
For some folks, you could ask them to describe what they'd like heaven on earth to be, what their idea of utopia if you will, would be like.

Then, if you created it exactly like that and put them right in the center of it, they'd still find things to piss and moan about.

It's kinda like my ex, my first wife. If she wasn't miserable, she'd be miserable. Misery to her, to some people, is like a vital food for survival, an inexplicable source of negative energy that somehow sustains them.

Without feeling that so many things, that so many people are below their standards and expectations, they'd be even more screwed up at the thought of lowering themselves, to have a go at accentuating the positives, ignoring the negatives as much as possible and just getting along with life.Malcontents.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:52:15 AM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 10:56:31 AM »
While there's certainly truth that socialist states with porous borders allowing in immigrants who dont work and contribute to the economic base are not sustainable, there's clearly two sides to that coin.

In most of these nations, the birth rate amongst those who have ancestry from there is about zero.

There simply aren't enough young people to fill the job openings, especially in the service and construction sectors.

And among the youth from there, a lot aren't too enthusiastic about taking what jobs that are available.

Some might say that it's a moot, a 'non point', because the reality is that most 'first world nations' don't make, more precisely don't manufacture things to the extent that they once did. That economic sector has decreased and 'intellectual property' - - banks, insurance companies, engineeers designing things to be made cheaply OVERSEAS, that's what sustains first world nations.

Meanwhile, we need to bring people in to work in the last remaining factories, the service sector--hotels, restaurants, agriculture etc.

Sure there are a lot of free loaders and for a long time, even Canada was bringing in immigrants, refugees with little to no marketable work skills, many not even able to speak English or French. They've wised up a big on that case.

But still, that's just buying time, putting off the collapse of socialist states for a generation or two, at best.

Meanwhile, those who consider themselves 'natives' will increasingly complain, even rioting, all the while themselves wanting more and more for nothing, greedily ever thirstier for more milk from the socialist teat.

Perhaps the worst thing about socialism is that it's addictive and encourages laziness. And there will never be enough gratis for people like that, almost certainly leading up to the eventual rioting and bloodletting amongst those "bread and circus" accustomed people, in the streets. Natives and immigrants alike, at each other's throats and all at the govt's as well.

There's a slim chance that if they can dial back the unsustainable 'free for all everything' mindset, that this can be avoided or put off longer, but an awful lot if people are already too used to a free ride.

If you haven't read "The rise and fall of the Roman Empire", don't bother. Chances are you're already living in the updated version.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
I go back 2 months  a year.

Its like Disney World. Going there on vacactión is one thing, but living there and paying taxes and trying to get a job in your professión  is another.

If you go there to the beach I imagine you are going to the quaint Maritimes.

Did you know they are being subsidized to the tune of billions of dollars a year by Alberta?

Imagine how that gonna fly when Alberta and Saskatchewan get so pi$$ed off they leave the country?

(Not that I think that will ever happen..but it sure would be the smart thing to do).

Getting better and better? Putting Up illegal border hoppers and their families in $100  a Night hotels for months on end and sending their kids to overcrowded school, letting them.use the overstrained healthcare system while they wait years to see how their cases go is getting better?
Meanwhile, cutting off healthcare benefits for someone who was born and raised in the country and paid over a million in taxes to the place and is continueing to do so? Thats getting better? Driving away all foreign andi internal business investments because any especial.interest group funded by foreign organization can challenge any industrial development in court Infinite number of times until some "progressive" judge agrees with them and puts a kaybosh on the whole thing?

That "getting better"
Excuse me while I puke.

My four siblings all still live there and they would not trade Canada for anything. At one time some of them would have gone to the US but not any more.

I looked into the health care benefits and the different provinces have different rules. Some of them require longer or shorter times to be a resident in the province in order not to lose coverage. That's why I am considering buying a house in rural Nova Scotia where you only have to live five months a year in order to be covered all year.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »
Robert angel said:I remember hearing horror stories from 'shipmates' when I was in the Navy about their girlfriends in the PI. They were loving, good cooks, frugal. But God help you if she learned you were 'playing in a different ball field'. I guess the best term to sum it is you would be 'Bobitt-ized!'

We have a 'real deal' Filipino Bolo knife somewhere in the house. I think as has been the fashion there for the last hundred years or so, it was fashioned out of a piece of high carbon steel--- likely from an old jeepney leaf spring. Sits in the traditional wooden scabbard. Just as well, I don't, maybe better said that better SHE doesn't know quite where it is, LOL--- it could castrate an elephant...

I have thousands of dollars in knives. Mostly Seki City Japan and Solingen, Germany sourced, as well as USA made. Fallkniven out of Sweden, makes a great knife, but typically using Seki City, Japanese steel. Take my Fallknivens anywhere. Along with the USA made Gerber LMF knife and kit, they're top notch 'bug out bag' knives.

If you guys want one "after all hell breaks loose" knife that won't cost as much as car payment and has an effective sharpener built into the sheath, the Gerber LMF is hard to beat. If a tad short, still a dandy camp knife too. Keep mine, along with a three D battery Maglite/ billyclub, under the seat of our vehicles, next to my laminated FEMA certifications, the FEMA certs (by all means, take the easy, free courses online)  in case some cop asks me: "Whadya need THAT for? " Any cop would already know what the inexpensive, but incredibly reliable Glock 17 alongside them (and permitted for C/C) is for.

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Infantry-Knife-Coyote-22-01463/dp/B0009JVOCA?ref=silk_at_search

https://www.fema.gov/training

Saw a great knife, from before SOG ( and Cold Steel, etc) went to cheap, really crappy Chinese manufacturing--  the SOG real Seki City made "Pentagon" model dagger in the latest Mission Impossible flick-- "Fall Out". Looked it up and they're selling for about ten times what I paid for mine. I have the long and short version.

If only I'd never sharpened my rare Emerson - Benchmade collaboration automatic tanto-- I could practically name my price for that one. Had it sharpened once and recall the old cuss who did it took about 45 minutes on it, then saying "You know--- this knife is only good for ONE thing-- killing... ".

Even some of my old, discontinued Spyderco EDC pocket knives have appreciated multiple times over. I lost one I fancied that had the blade 'skelatized' cut out. Little knife cost me about $45 originally. Missing it, went online and no longer being made, the only ones for sale were $400. Later on, found it deep in the sofa cushions. I wasn't gonna pay a stupid price. Prices can be crazy IF you can get someone to pay those silly prices they're asking on Flea-- errr-- on " E bay"

But be it guns or knives, no 'safe queens' in our house!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:24:23 PM by robert angel »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 05:44:44 PM »

My four siblings all still live there and they would not trade Canada for anything. At one time some of them would have gone to the US but not any more.

I looked into the health care benefits and the different provinces have different rules. Some of them require longer or shorter times to be a resident in the province in order not to lose coverage. That's why I am considering buying a house in rural Nova Scotia where you only have to live five months a year in order to be covered all year.

Yeah ..Nova Scotia..good choice for now.Not overrun by inmigrants and illegals leading to long waits for apointments  like in the 5 or 6 major metropolises, lower cost of houses and cost of living, friendly people and highly subsidized by transfer payment from taxpayers in the wealthier  Prairie Provinces.

For now.Lets see how that goes in the future. Trudeau is doing  his best to screw everything Up.
Soon enough they will run out of "other people money.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:51:20 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »

What do your siblings think about the law C 16 and the forced speech movement in Canada?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE&t=2111s

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »

What do your siblings think about the law C 16 and the forced speech movement in Canada?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE&t=2111s

Ja ja  another beauty dreamt Up by the virtue signalling feminist ex part time drama teacher and Snowboard instructor Justin Cuckdeau.

You can bet they will never use the law in the case of discrimination against white heterosexual  males.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 10:26:28 PM »

Isn't rural Nova Scotia a lot different than San Antonio, Texas? How do you think your wife  would adjust? I'd think between the weather and less Hispanic language, activities, shopping etc, that it'd be tough on her and that if she wanted to keep working, that'd be different too.

I may be inheriting a penthouse apartment in a lovely, very 'happening' part of Michigan. It'd be LOT different than Georgia! The Detroit Lions Quarterback lives there, as well as star Red Wing Hockey players and Detroit Tiger baseball players.

The taxes alone cost more than our present home's mortage payments.

It'd be luxurious, with boutiques, yoga studios, restaurants galore down below and from it's 16 stories up, we could see well into Canada and take trips to Windsor, Toronto, Banff, Quebec, Montreal, but aside from 5 months of hard winter weather, the winter driving challenges, the few Filipinos and lack of her favorite foods, I can't see it really making sense.

We like the people, the lesser amount of racism and the beauty of the great lakes, but especially because of the weather, I don't think it would be right for us. My wife loves it up there early and mid summer, as well as the beauty of the first snowfall, (until it turns into gray slush) but for about 5 months, with the short days and freezing temperatures, I think it'd get old fast.

Life's just too short to freeze your ass off!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:28:07 AM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 10:26:28 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 11:50:27 AM »
Isn't rural Nova Scotia a lot different than San Antonio, Texas? How do you think your wife  would adjust? I'd think between the weather and less Hispanic language, activities, shopping etc, that it'd be tough on her and that if she wanted to keep working, that'd be different too.

I may be inheriting a penthouse apartment in a lovely, very 'happening' part of Michigan. It'd be LOT different than Georgia! The Detroit Lions Quarterback lives there, as well as star Red Wing Hockey players and Detroit Tiger baseball players.

The taxes alone cost more than our present home's mortage payments.

It'd be luxurious, with boutiques, yoga studios, restaurants galore down below and from it's 16 stories up, we could see well into Canada and take trips to Windsor, Toronto, Banff, Quebec, Montreal, but aside from 5 months of hard winter weather, the winter driving challenges, the few Filipinos and lack of her favorite foods, I can't see it really making sense.

We like the people, the lesser amount of racism and the beauty of the great lakes, but especially because of the weather, I don't think it would be right for us. My wife loves it up there early and mid summer, as well as the beauty of the first snowfall, (until it turns into gray slush) but for about 5 months, with the short days and freezing temperatures, I think it'd get old fast.

Life's just too short to freeze your ass off!

I agree. That's why I would only live there from May to September. Nova Scotia only requires that you spend five months a year there in order to receive benefits year round.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:14 PM »

I agree. That's why I would only live there from May to September. Nova Scotia only requires that you spend five months a year there in order to receive benefits year round.

I have news for you
Nova Scotia Provincial Health Care wont cover your bedsheets, should you get hospitalized in Texas. I think they reimburse you about $100 Canada per day.
And just try collecting.And why should they pay any more? Same applies to "Snow Birds". If you live out of the country, you should pay for your own healthcare when you are living there.

God forbid if you have major Surgery. My sister in-laws mom had an aneurism.in California
And they were stuck with an $800,000 Bill.They had trouble with the private travel insurance Company paying Up. Finally the insurance Company agreed to.pay the hospital $400K.
The Provincial health system paid squat.

I have no idea what other "Benifits" you refer to.

You sure dont get CPP if you havent paid into it, and OAS  (which is peanuts)requires that you have had some residency in Canada over the years. And why would they do otherwise?

Both are federal, not Provincial.programs.

Here are the rules for OAS from.the Government of Canadá website:

If you are living outside Canada, you must:

be 65 years old or older;
have been a Canadian citizen or a legal resident of Canada on the day before you left Canada; and
have resided in Canada for at least 20 years since the age of 18.

Also, if you have other significant retirement income your OAS, which is about $400 US a month, maximum) will.be reduced significantly.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:12:42 PM by Elexpatriado »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864