It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: First outing w/ a Venezuelan  (Read 7444 times)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
First outing w/ a Venezuelan
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
I've met about 5~6 girls since I've been here and went out on a date w/ one Tuesday night. I still think you guys pump up Colombia to an absurd point, having said that there are some very nice looking women around. I also don't see how you guys can come here for alike a week or 2 and expect to meet girls. Its still a process. My best game has been day game. I'm going for about 2 or so numbers a day. I got another one tonight if I'm up for it and one this weekend. Night is too hard as most of the girls go out in group w/ other guys. It seems like Colombia has to far ends of the spectrum. Either you're going to come here and spend some real time meeting a girl or you came here to monger. There doesn't seem to be much in between imo. The girl. 26, no kids. Didn't ask me to pay for 'time', modest dinner shared a pizza and actually kind of conservative. She was good company.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
Re: First outing w/ a Venezuelan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 11:44:55 AM »
lot of venezuelans in colombia now, more and more every day, talked to one last night in facebook, said venezuela is a mess, and dangerous. some places you dont go out at night because you will  get robbed 100% sure. from one of the richest countries to one of the poorest in 6 years.

but yes, the local girls in medellin know when they see a gringo, they think a few things, either he is here for 2 weeks, meet as many girls and sleep with as many as he can, or he probably lives here and is just as bad as the local men," a  perro"

you can meet them anywhere,  but finding one  that doesnt see you as $$$ is another story .
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:08:42 PM by mudd »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »

I've met about 5~6 girls since I've been here and went out on a date w/ one Tuesday night. I still think you guys pump up Colombia to an absurd point, having said that there are some very nice looking women around. I also don't see how you guys can come here for alike a week or 2 and expect to meet girls. Its still a process. My best game has been day game. I'm going for about 2 or so numbers a day. I got another one tonight if I'm up for it and one this weekend. Night is too hard as most of the girls go out in group w/ other guys. It seems like Colombia has to far ends of the spectrum. Either you're going to come here and spend some real time meeting a girl or you came here to monger. There doesn't seem to be much in between imo. The girl. 26, no kids. Didn't ask me to pay for 'time', modest dinner shared a pizza and actually kind of conservative. She was good company.

I agree....guys that are going to Colombia for just a week or two are going to have a hard time making serious connections unless they can travel often.

Takes a lot of time making building up a facebook following to be able to land in Medellin cold turkey and get dates with hot women the moment you land or plan on staying a couple of months.

My advice to you is well....dress better....at least wear a nicer tee shirt that fits a bit tighter through the abdomen and around your arms....you don't look like you have a gut so why the baggy shirt?

Preferably you should be wearing a nice long sleeve dress shirt with some jewelry.

And lastly....stop dating women in Medellin that look like my maid and then brag that she didn't ask for anything.

Dress nicer and aim higher!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 01:59:59 PM »

I agree....guys that are going to Colombia for just a week or two are going to have a hard time making serious connections unless they can travel often.

Takes a lot of time making building up a facebook following to be able to land in Medellin cold turkey and get dates with hot women the moment you land or plan on staying a couple of months.

My advice to you is well....dress better....at least wear a nicer tee shirt that fits a bit tighter through the abdomen and around your arms....you don't look like you have a gut so why the baggy shirt?

Preferably you should be wearing a nice long sleeve dress shirt with some jewelry.

And lastly....stop dating women in Medellin that look like my maid and then brag that she didn't ask for anything.

She's pleny attractive, although  if you've seen a pic of Benjio's wife you know he has high standards...at any rate, women in that part of the world really don't dig baggy clothing on themselves nor on a man. I have a few baggy jeans i love because they're comfortable but my wife won't let me out the house with them. A cool hair style and tighter fitting clothes will attract more women...

Offline kai #2

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 03:02:35 PM »

I was lazy, It was Tuesday and I had just got done workign and after spanish classes. I just didn't care to dress up dress up. Also I do't know what a typical maid looks like, just sounds like code for meet a white chick. Also I wasn't bragging, just saying something that I noticed in trying to determine if she only wanted or wanted to actually go and get to know me. Having said that I do prefer more skin tone than the rest of you
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 03:05:53 PM by kai #2 »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 03:13:38 PM »
She's pleny attractive, although  if you've seen a pic of Benjio's wife you know he has high standards...

I don't think it is really a matter of her not not being attractive

It's just that he is swimming in the shallow en of the pool....I mean couldn't he easily date a woman like that in the states

I'm 55 and wouldn't go out with his girl... I like to see guys that can take full advantage of what's available to them in Medellin ....where guys normally date women two points above them on scale of one to ten

To me they look like they are about equal

I'm sure she could look better if she tried but so could he
My advice to him is aim higher and dress better. Do something that makes guys want to shake your hand jajaja

Offline Calipro

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

Also I do't know what a typical maid looks like,

The typical maid looks like something that won't make your wife or girlfriend jealous

Has nothing to do with skin tone

Offline kai #2

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »
I don't think it is really a matter of her not not being attractive

It's just that he is swimming in the shallow en of the pool....I mean couldn't he easily date a woman like that in the states

I'm 55 and wouldn't go out with his girl... I like to see guys that can take full advantage of what's available to them in Medellin ....where guys normally date women two points above them on scale of one to ten

To me they look like they are about equal

I'm sure she could look better if she tried but so could he
My advice to him is aim higher and dress better. Do something that makes guys want to shake your hand jajaja

I guess since Awe is gone you'e going to take over role of ignorant commentator, Good to know. She's fine to me. Any type of women I find attractive I'll talk to. Maybe it means more to you than it does to me. I'm not doing this for recognition, just fun and expressing what I've notcied in the short time I've been here

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 04:20:49 PM »
Whether you want to consider it trolling or not CaliPro is 100% correct about the dressing. It goes a loooooooooooooonnngg way with Latinas. A nice pair of slacks with a long sleeve shirt and quality cologne can make all the difference. With respect to her looks...to each his own. I know Colombians with girlfriends/wives that could easily be successful models in the U.S. but they think of them as average while they drool over any Caucasian Woman they see with natural blonde hair and blue eyes. Doesn't even matter if they're butt ugly. As long as they're relatively thin and have Scandanavian features. It's really all a matter of preference and perspective.

I can tell you from experience that aiming high means a high rejection rate. Nothing wrong with making a few friends and f#ck buddies in the meantime.  8)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:27:24 PM by benjio »

Offline kai #2

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
Whether you want to consider it trolling or not CaliPro is 100% correct about the dressing. It goes a loooooooooooooonnngg way with Latinas. A nice pair of slacks with a long sleeve shirt and quality cologne can make all the difference. With respect to her looks...to each his own. I know Colombians with girlfriends/wives that could easily be successful models in the U.S. but they think of them as average while they drool over any Caucasian Woman they see with natural blonde hair and blue eyes. Doesn't even matter if they're butt ugly. As long as they're relatively thin and have Scandanavian features. It's really all a matter of preference and perspective.

I can tell you from experience that aiming high means a high rejection rate. Nothing wrong with making a few friends and f#ck buddies in the meantime.  8)

I figured the dressing thing. I just didn't want to.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 06:17:18 PM »
Yea man, up your game. My wife's totally on me about looking good, looking modern, even a bit edgey. If I don't look great, she says it is a totally shameful reflection of her as my wife and she won't allow it. Hence, she insists on me having her perform manicures, pedicures and multistep facial skin care treatments on me.

She doesn't buy cheap products either. Right now, the Korean products are about the best, but they cost. Canada's Lush brand is quite decent, Ulta has some good stuff ("It" from Korea @ Ulta) Boots #7 from England is also good, but the best stuff she special orders from Korea. I joke: "Honey, why don't you just take me to a taxidermist?"--she does NOT find that funny, but sometimes the damn manicure, pedicure and skin care regimins run over two hours. Thank God I control the TV remote control, LOL.

Slim fitting dress slacks, suits are standard,  even jeans have have to be pressed, slim,  tapered cut, with minimal 'stuff' in my pockets at any time. Athletic cut shirts (I have an 18 inch neck, 46 inch chest and 34 inch waist) even T shirts, every thing is ironed after laundering, then ironed again before she lets me out of the house. She even checks my teeth, lest there's a bit of bran, oatmeal or blue berry I missed brushing and flossing, God forbid.  Before a work meeting that's after lunch, she inevitably calls me, saying: "Honey, please check your teeth".

She likes some athletic shoes: Asics Onitsuka Mexico 66 Tigers, must be sterile clean, (she's become OK with some New Balance) but increasingly, even with pressed Ralph Lauren dress shorts, she wants me wearing Cole Haan pebbled leather dress loafers, always w no show socks.

Colognes: Christian Dior Homme, Eau for Men (try it--it's a real panty dropper out in the field, women LOVE it, total killer.Then some Bulgari scents, Lacoste "Pure" or Men's  Chanel Bleu on really hot days, and we were both amazed,  but the usually meh, inexpensive Paco Rabbane, has "Millions" and "Invictus" which are both really good w my body's Ph chemistry, more of a cooler weather scent.

But just like I have to approve her work dress  (always classy, a little sexy, but NEVER remotely too sexy, (and sometimes it's 3 or 4 changes before she's 'perfect') she insists on examining me, making sure my sleeves are rolled up perfectly, etc. She weighs what she weighed 12 year's ago. Depending on my workout routine, I'm up or down a few pounds.

Irks me sometimes, but she's always trying to make recipes, meals she prepares, better tasting AND healthier--NOT an easy thing to do.

Damn, if we split, I'd be screwed, because I don't want to know how much I've spent on Pima, Egyptian wool cotton, silk clothing and I DON'T like to iron.

And if Monday thru Friday isn't enough, when we step out on weekends and some girls from her country are there and don't whisper: "Mmmm, he looks sooo good and oooh, what's that cologne?"---she's very disappointed,  LOL.

Funny thing is, Asian women definitely notice things like my clothes, manicured, lightly lacquered and buffed fingernails, but they'll never ever let me see them looking and they'll never say a word to me. They'll discretely make positive comments to my wife, who'll tell me on the way home.

On the other hand, Latinas I work with, will notice and smile, flutter their heavily mascara laden eyes and noticing my wedding ring, say: "Ooooh, Mmmm----your wife does your nails....?" It's almost like they're hinting that I must be VERY good in some ways to her and they'd like to know just HOW good.... ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:41:12 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline kai #2

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 06:05:50 AM »
ffs ya'll need to stop. I'm not dressing up to eat a pizza every night.  If I can meet girls dressed as is, I'm good. If that's what you need to do I got it. I can actually talk w/ women. I can dress fine and I know how to pick colognes but I'm not here for a week or something. I'm going to be here for 3 months and I'm not going back to the states and space comes at a premium. So you guys and go criticize something else, unless you're that bored.
[/size]
[/size]I do find this mildly amusing.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 06:42:11 AM »
Why are you people telling him to dress up, he got a DATE with the girl who doesn't ask him for ££$$$££ !!!  To get to the point, if a girl doesn't like his style of dressing, then he isn't into her! 

Once I had an Italian girlfriend, and she wanted me to dress like Italians.  I simply told her that if she wants men to wear Italians, she can find one in her own country!  You saw my photo in the avatar, so do I look like I will be good at wearing Italians clothes ?!!! 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:50:19 AM by Gato4Astrid »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 06:42:11 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 07:35:17 AM »
You dress too "elegante" they are gonna think you are.really loaded and ask you for plata for sure.

I guesss thats how you separate the wheat from the chaffe quickly.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:59:36 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:55 AM »
KAI Dont listen to Calipro...if she a good persón and you have chemistry thats all that matters

Thats one of the reasons I dont post any fotos or stories on here..too many comments from the Peauti gallery.. allthoughI know CaliPro had the best intentions in his ow way

At least we dont have that real obnoxious troll on Here anyone.

BTW....she is way better looking than my MAID. Yet all her friends Tell her what is she doing  with her 60 year old husband..who is ugly (yes he is ) since she is so young(42) and attractive (she isnt)

Seems everybody (at least most) have an overblown percepción of how attractive they are.Which is probably better than the opposite.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:43 AM »
I think everyone here's fashion recommendations to Kai were just friendly advice. I don't think anyone was going after him. He's in Medellin and he's interested in meeting women. Why not do what's necessary to get the attention of the hottest girls he possibly can? Do we all not like exceptionally beautiful women here? Was it not the level of beauty of the women in Latin America and Asia that drew us there in the first place? And c'mon Expat....telling a guy to dress down so girls think he doesn't have money? We weren't telling the guy to guy to throw on an Italian suit....just look like he's just came from a day at the office. And again it's simple enough to just say "No!" There are plenty of girls out there like the one in Kai picture that won't expect a dime from a guy regardless of his fashion sense.

If all the women on the planet disappeared today I seriously doubt any of us would continue to shave, get haircuts, take care of our nails, bathe, wear deodorant or cologne, etc. Women are the reason we do these things. But you all are telling me throwing on a dress shirt is going too far?  ???
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:35:31 AM by benjio »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 08:22:46 AM »
I DO agree dressing well, grooming, working out, taking care of your Heath and appearance is important..not too impress women or others, but for your own self respect and self image.

High reminds me..i have a litttle time for pedicure and manicure Now.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
I think everyone here's fashion recommendations to Kai were just friendly advice. I don't think anyone was going after him. He's in Medellin and he's interested in meeting women. Why not do what's necessary to get the attention of the hottest girls he possibly can? Do we all not like exceptionally beautiful women here? Was it not the level of beauty of the women in Latin America and Asia that drew us there in the first place? And c'mon Expat....telling a guy to dress down so girls think he doesn't have money? We weren't telling the guy to guy to throw on an Italian suit....just look like he's just came from a day at the office. And again it's simple enough to just say "No!" There are plenty of girls out there like the one in Kai picture that won't expect a dime from a guy regardless of his fashion sense.

If all the women on the planet disappeared today I seriously doubt any of us would continue to shave, get haircuts, take care of our nails, bathe, wear deodorant or cologne, etc. Women are the reason we do these things. But you all are telling me throwing on a dress shirt is going too far?  ???
Totally agree. I even put on cologne before bed. Why? Because my wife loves it; not me.... i'd like to grow a beard but it'd have some grey in it and i'd look a lot older, so i don't.  I also pay for a haircut every 3 weeks. Why? Because it looks better...we judge people by their appearance and treat them accordingly, simple as that....

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 10:48:06 AM »
he looks like hes on a casual date with a casual friend, nothing wrong with that or how  he is dressed.. its just for pizza, not at some expensive fancy restaurant.
at least he isnt 60 years old with a big beer belly and  wearing shorts and flip flops lo
:o

Offline kai #2

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 11:22:01 AM »
Some get it, some don't. I'm not dressing up to get breakfast after the gym or something. Its damn Tuesday night getting a pizza, I asked her if she wanted me, simple. LIke Gato said, I met her got her number and got her to come out w/ me dressed as is. Now if you need to in gator to get a number thats cool. At of all of that out all the post I see about how girls here won't give you time the day, it's rather comical to hear all the criticisms. I got 2 more dates this weekend. Maybe I'll go as is...just to prove a point ;)

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »
Some get it, some don't. I'm not dressing up to get breakfast after the gym or something. Its damn Tuesday night getting a pizza, I asked her if she wanted me, simple. LIke Gato said, I met her got her number and got her to come out w/ me dressed as is. Now if you need to in gator to get a number thats cool. At of all of that out all the post I see about how girls here won't give you time the day, it's rather comical to hear all the criticisms. I got 2 more dates this weekend. Maybe I'll go as is...just to prove a point ;)

They are right and you are right.

Colombian women love for their man to dress up and look good. Like the ZZ Top song says, they are crazy for a sharp dressed man.

However, there are plenty of guys in Medellin like my brother-in-law who is as pure paisa as they come and he is always wearing shorts and sandals.

I always dress like a bum yet somehow I manage to attract women even at my ripe old age. Just the other day I was in Dallas waiting in line for the Taeyang concert at The Bomb Factory and started flirting with a girl who looked like she was Filipina. Just to pass the time. Then I noticed that she had no armband indicating she was over 21. LOL!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 06:20:33 PM »
Some get it, some don't. I'm not dressing up to get breakfast after the gym or something. Its damn Tuesday night getting a pizza, I asked her if she wanted me, simple. LIke Gato said, I met her got her number and got her to come out w/ me dressed as is. Now if you need to in gator to get a number thats cool. At of all of that out all the post I see about how girls here won't give you time the day, it's rather comical to hear all the criticisms. I got 2 more dates this weekend. Maybe I'll go as is...just to prove a point

well also remember, lot of girls go out with foreigners for lunch or dinner in medlelin, just to get a free meal and night out on the town with no intention of it going noplace. which is cool if you just want company for dinner. but after a while you see the hints. ust want you to pay for their outing and then the say " can i bring a friend or cousin" lol   locals call it " dinner by gringo"

but have  fun and enjoy the time

Offline ralphmalph

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »
More of the same 'piling on' the OP as usual, although some of you are trying to give constructive advice. 

And I am glad to see Kai is trying to defend himself.

Anyway, I was struck by Kai's observation that his pizza date was convivial, but rather conservative.
So, in keeping with this forum's tendency to go from specifics to generalities about Latinas, here is a question to pose to the esteemed membership on the Latina board. Do you find Venezuelanas to be more conservative than Colombianas?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »

well also remember, lot of girls go out with foreigners for lunch or dinner in medlelin, just to get a free meal and night out on the town with no intention of it going noplace. which is cool if you just want company for dinner. but after a while you see the hints. ust want you to pay for their outing and then the say " can i bring a friend or cousin" lol   locals call it " dinner by gringo"

but have  fun and enjoy the time

I used to think like that a long long time ago.

Until I realized that there aren't any relationships in Colombia that won't go no place....there are just relationships that go where you don't want them too....jajaja....and the ones the go where you do want them to.

It isn't really diner by gringo but rather diner by anyone that will pick up the tab.

As a rule I never take girls out to diner unless I have already slept with them a number of times....just because diner dates are the worst return on investment out there....when your goal is to get laid. Much much better option is going out for drinks and dancing.

You have to understand Colombian culture to take full advantage of the bring a girlfriend along phenomenon. Because if you haven't slept with the girl that you are going to party with and she brings a friend then both are game....if you are buying the drinks for both of them then you have equal access to both of them.

I've ended up with the friend more than once. Especially because I meet so many women through facebook...I already know who their friends are....so if they ask if they can bring a friend....I will usually say Yeah! why don't you bring such and such along....and if they say OK....it's a date.

Some of the best women I have ever met are women that just keep introducing me to their friends so they can go out all the time.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 06:06:45 AM »
More of the same 'piling on' the OP as usual, although some of you are trying to give constructive advice. 

And I am glad to see Kai is trying to defend himself.

Anyway, I was struck by Kai's observation that his pizza date was convivial, but rather conservative.
So, in keeping with this forum's tendency to go from specifics to generalities about Latinas, here is a question to pose to the esteemed membership on the Latina board. Do you find Venezuelanas to be more conservative than Colombianas?

It's  sweet of you to defend Kai, but I don't thInk he really needs it--I dont think he gets too upset here, he just keeps doing it his way. That includes lately more mainstream places, but also places off the 'beaten path'. It seem each place he's enjoyed himself. I doubt if he feels people are 'piling up' on him, or even if they were, that he'd much care. The dude goes his own way, which I'd dare to venture that any guy here, with or without similar 'fashion sense' thinks it pretty cool.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293