It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Dangerous places? Colombia really that bad?  (Read 11130 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Re: Dangerous places? Colombia really that bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:38:07 PM »
According to the World Economic Forum:

"The top five most dangerous countries are Nigeria, Pakistan, El Salvador, Yemen, and Colombia."

http://www.thisisinsider.com/dangerous-countries-2017-5

Something doesn't sound right. I'd rather take my chances with Colombia rather than Pakistan, Yemen or with Honduras for that matter....

Forbes pegs Colombia at number ten, citing the US State Dept. as it's source guide, but there are a whole lot of hell holes, several dozen really, that I would imagine being a lot more dangerous.

I mean, they find Colombia more dangerous for US citizens than the Congo or North Korea?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/priceonomics/2017/03/21/ranking-the-most-dangerous-countries-for-americans-to-visit/#1c3d5c0528a7

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:19:15 AM »
i dont know who comes up with these lists, maybe its countries that people might actually go to. but their are many more countries way more dangerous.

but yes, Colombia can be a dangerous place, more so if your messing around with questionable women that you know you shouldnt, or dont know their history or friends. yes gringos get set up and robbed all the time by girls and their friends here.

Venezuela  i would think would be a lot more dangerous than Colombia right now, but i dont see anybody wanting to go there and get robbed leaving the airport. ::)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:19:15 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 08:12:28 AM »
I told this story before but in 2003 when I was on my way to Medellin, I was sitting next to a man and his son on their way back to Honduras. They came to Texas to buy used pickup trucks which they sent by barge back to Honduras for resale. They did this several times a year and this was their business. He was telling me about San Pedro Sula where they were from and after he was done, I was relieved that I was going to Medellin and not San Pedro Sula. It really sounded like hell on earth.

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »
There is a story in todays paper about a small business man from Cali who was kidnapped on his way to his finca in a rural zone near Santander del Quilichao in Cauca department. He was held for four days but escaped yesterday when his captors were partying. Police think it was dissident members of the FARC.

http://www.elpais.com.co/judicial/comerciante-caleno-secuestrado-en-el-cauca-se-fugo-de-sus-captores-en-jambalo.html
Hermosamente feliz

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:40:23 AM »
I told this story before but in 2003 when I was on my way to Medellin, I was sitting next to a man and his son on their way back to Honduras. They came to Texas to buy used pickup trucks which they sent by barge back to Honduras for resale. They did this several times a year and this was their business. He was telling me about San Pedro Sula where they were from and after he was done, I was relieved that I was going to Medellin and not San Pedro Sula. It really sounded like hell on earth.

It's really off the charts, and If they even kept accurate records, it'd look worse. They claim the murder rate is down last couple,of years, but seeing how many victims are never found and most crimes aren't reported--yet the rate is still the highest in the area, I don't see how they can claim improvement.

The police are part of the problem, rather than the solution.

Yea our country has issues, but as with my life in general, I'm more glad for things I don't have to worry about every day than I am about conditions and possessions. I think we're too obsessed about 'things',  including more things that we want, and not cognizant, never mind grateful, for what we do have.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/men-women-honduras-inside-dangerous-places-earth-woman/story?id=47135328

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/country-chapters/honduras

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »

but yes, Colombia can be a dangerous place, more so if your messing around with questionable women that you know you shouldnt, or dont know their history or friends. yes gringos get set up and robbed all the time by girls and their friends here.

It amazes me that you take a gringo out of the U.S. and put him in Colombia where he has all the social and economic advantages that he never had before. And still... some how.... he still gets taken advantage of by women. LMFAO!!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »

It amazes me that you take a gringo out of the U.S. and put him in Colombia where he has all the social and economic advantages that he never had before. And still... some how.... he still gets taken advantage of by women. LMFAO!!

"Feminine beauty is like clean drinking water. In some countries you can find it in any given kitchen. In others there are men willing to kill and die for it. I have traveled the entire world and I have yet to find a breed of men more "thirsty" than those in the United States."

-Benjio

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 06:16:30 PM »

just recently i was invited to a wedding here in march, buy a guy in his 50's marrying a girl in her 20's with a young child.    been together for a whole 6 months, maybe a total of a month in total days together.  and this guy is going to bring this girl and her child to USA.  many guys confuse sex and affection with love and  commitment, once   they go south.

I  see a pending divorce and payments coming soon.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »

"Feminine beauty is like clean drinking water. In some countries you can find it in any given kitchen. In others there are men willing to kill and die for it. I have traveled the entire world and I have yet to find a breed of men more "thirsty" than those in the United States."

-Benjio
So true. I posted a few years back about a venezolana via Barranquilla.  She had two spoiled sons by a Colombiano, and of course a gringo married her and brought her and her kids to the States. He funded her lipo and boob job while also funding her 6 yearly trips to BAQ and the negocio she was doing there. On top of that, he gave her 2000 bucks a month in spending money. Meanwhile, even though the guy hoped she'd have his kid, she confided in my wife there was no way shed have a kid with him. I also found it interesting her facebook was full of selfies but not a single pic of him...long story short, she left him 2 years ago for a Colombiano here in the States who is younger and in better shape physically.  She has plenty of pics of him on facebook while the gringo ex has to continue to support her financially...

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 09:47:01 PM »
So true. I posted a few years back about a venezolana via Barranquilla.  She had two spoiled sons by a Colombiano, and of course a gringo married her and brought her and her kids to the States. He funded her lipo and boob job while also funding her 6 yearly trips to BAQ and the negocio she was doing there. On top of that, he gave her 2000 bucks a month in spending money. Meanwhile, even though the guy hoped she'd have his kid, she confided in my wife there was no way shed have a kid with him. I also found it interesting her facebook was full of selfies but not a single pic of him...long story short, she left him 2 years ago for a Colombiano here in the States who is younger and in better shape physically.  She has plenty of pics of him on facebook while the gringo ex has to continue to support her financially...

That is a GREAT story....tragic/pathetic for the guy but a very good warning to anyone considering walking down this path.

$2,000 a month in spending money...WTF!? Amazes me how some people think they can buy love and affection. I assume the guy lives in San Diego.

If he wanted to "hire" a professional he could have found some cheap(er) labor directly south of the border with Tijuana. Jajaja.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...I'd love to see a photo of the gringo and the Venezuelan chick. 

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 09:57:31 PM »
That is a GREAT story....tragic/pathetic for the guy but a very good warning to anyone considering walking down this path.

$2,000 a month in spending money...WTF!? Amazes me how some people think they can buy love and affection. I assume the guy lives in San Diego.

If he wanted to "hire" a professional he could have found some cheap(er) labor directly south of the border with Tijuana. Jajaja.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...I'd love to see a photo of the gringo and the Venezuelan chick.
He wasn't a nerd. Beefy and seemingly masculine but he just couldn't say no to her. Its hard for me to feel sympathy for him though. My wife went out shopping for a suitcase with them in late 2013. We were living very modestly in an apartment with our infant daughter, and according to my wife they both tried to convince my wife to leave me, assuring her she could "do better" (eg financially) than with a guy like me...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 10:54:45 PM »

Just another story to illustrate how desperate American guys are.

In Colombia if your wife has a couple of your kids you are pretty safe from having some guy better looking or with more money trying to steal your wife and live with your kids. LOL!

Good looking Colombianos with cash have a hell of a lot better things to do.... than your wife with child.

Only in the U.S. are guys so desperate that they will take your ex-wife.... kids and all and think they really got it going on. jajaja

I don't know why the gringo would have to support her...unless he lives in a state that has alimony and that ends after a couple of years....God forbid if he adopted her children. Then he might as well commit suicide. Because that goes on until the kids are 18.

It is a lot easier on the guys that stay in Colombia. I'm 55 and my girlfriend is 29 and she knows I could go out and find a chick just as hot as her in no time. And way easier than she could find a guy willing to support her and my kid even if the guy was uglier than me. LOL

No doubt about it....the guys in Colombia are on top of the situation and the guys in the U.S. are on the bottom.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:02:24 PM by Calipro »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 10:54:45 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 12:02:23 AM »

In Colombia if your wife has a couple of your kids you are pretty safe from having some guy better looking or with more money trying to steal your wife and live with your kids. LOL!

Good looking Colombianos with cash have a hell of a lot better things to do.... than your wife with child.

Only in the U.S. are guys so desperate that they will take your ex-wife.... kids and all and think they really got it going on. jajaja

I don't know why the gringo would have to support her...unless he lives in a state that has alimony and that ends after a couple of years....God forbid if he adopted her children. Then he might as well commit suicide. Because that goes on until the kids are 18.

It is a lot easier on the guys that stay in Colombia. I'm 55 and my girlfriend is 29 and she knows I could go out and find a chick just as hot as her in no time. And way easier than she could find a guy willing to support her and my kid even if the guy was uglier than me. LOL

No doubt about it....the guys in Colombia are on top of the situation and the guys in the U.S. are on the bottom.
He lives in California so he's screwed...My most recent trip to Colombia made me feel like I was on a different planet. Guys in the US are beyond hope. There are plenty of guys in this country who simply cannot get laid...

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 01:11:37 AM »
He wasn't a nerd. Beefy and seemingly masculine but he just couldn't say no to her. Its hard for me to feel sympathy for him though.

Yeah, I can't feel much sympathy for the guy either since he was apparently spending money on her like a drunken sailor. Is he very wealthy or something? 

My wife went out shopping for a suitcase with them in late 2013. We were living very modestly in an apartment with our infant daughter, and according to my wife they both tried to convince my wife to leave me, assuring her she could "do better" (eg financially) than with a guy like me...

Jeez...WTF!?  Just f-u-c-k-I-n-g amazing! They both sound like they deserved each other's company...though she did dump the guy. What is the age difference between them?

Clearly, we have guys on P.L. (like you) who chose much more wisely than that guy did.

And while I am being hypercritical of the guy...I am trying to keep my eyes wide open because even though I wouldn't be as stupid as that guy was you just never know for certain until you take the plunge and bring the girl back.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:17:02 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 01:27:58 AM »

Even Russell Wilson (the NFL Quarterback) married a (hot) girl who already had a kid with another guy.

On a flight to Colombia I was sitting next to a guy from the U.S. He had married a Colombiana about 25 years his junior. He brought her back to the U.S. with the fiancé visa, etc.

After they were married for a while she started asking for kids (even though he repeatedly told her before they got married that he didn't want any kids). Apparently, she had an affair with a co-worker (in the states) and confessed to him she couldn't be with him anymore because she really wanted a kid. So they got an amicable divorce and she moved in with and had a kid with the co-worker.

When I met him on the flight to Colombia, he had just retired and was moving full time to Bogota to be with some Colombiana about 30 years younger than him. Not sure what the financial arrangement was with the chick in Bogota....but at least the guy got smarter and was getting the hell out of the U.S.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:29:51 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 01:44:18 AM »
This is a more credible list. The 50 most violent cities in the world (based on homicide rate).

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-violent-cities-in-the-world-2017-4/#50-durban-south-africa-had-3443-homicides-per-100000-residents-1

Of the 50 cities on the list, 43 are in Latin America, including 19 in Brazil, eight in Mexico, and seven in Venezuela.

The Top Ten (as in the highest homicide rates) are:
1. Caracas
2. Acapulco
3. San Pedro Sula
4. Distrito Central (Honduras)
5. Ciudad Victoria (Mexico)
6. Maturin (Venezuela)
7. San Salvador
8. Ciudad Guyana (Venezuela)
9. Valencia (Venezuela)
10. Natal (Brazil)

There are four (4) cities in Colombia on the list. Cali is ranked the highest (i.e., the worst) of the Colombian cities at No. 21.

The other Colombian cities on the list are: Cucuta, Armenia and Palmira.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »
Yeah, I can't feel much sympathy for the guy either since he was apparently spending money on her like a drunken sailor. Is he very wealthy or something? 

Jeez...WTF!?  Just f-u-c-k-I-n-g amazing! They both sound like they deserved each other's company...though she did dump the guy. What is the age difference between them?

Clearly, we have guys on P.L. (like you) who chose much more wisely than that guy did.

And while I am being hypercritical of the guy...I am trying to keep my eyes wide open because even though I wouldn't be as stupid as that guy was you just never know for certain until you take the plunge and bring the girl back.
Age difference was probably 8-10 years. I dont think it was a factor....I think funding her trips to Barranquilla every 2 months was a huge mistake and symbolic of her complete dominance of him...  These women need a man who calls the shots; otherwise they will take control and end up leaving for another man they can respect...

Offline benjio

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 09:18:37 AM »
This is a more credible list. The 50 most violent cities in the world (based on homicide rate).

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-violent-cities-in-the-world-2017-4/#50-durban-south-africa-had-3443-homicides-per-100000-residents-1

Of the 50 cities on the list, 43 are in Latin America, including 19 in Brazil, eight in Mexico, and seven in Venezuela.

The Top Ten (as in the highest homicide rates) are:
1. Caracas
2. Acapulco
3. San Pedro Sula
4. Distrito Central (Honduras)
5. Ciudad Victoria (Mexico)
6. Maturin (Venezuela)
7. San Salvador
8. Ciudad Guyana (Venezuela)
9. Valencia (Venezuela)
10. Natal (Brazil)

There are four (4) cities in Colombia on the list. Cali is ranked the highest (i.e., the worst) of the Colombian cities at No. 21.

The other Colombian cities on the list are: Cucuta, Armenia and Palmira.

I can attest that Natal, Brazil should definitely be on that list. The City of Natal itself...at least the area of the city they call Natal is just the affluent area along the coast. Some of the most beautiful coastline you'll find in Brazil. But the rest of the municipality is split into zones. All the "zones" are VERY dangerous. I didn't meet one person from Natal while I was there that hadn't been robbed at knife or gunpoint. Every time I left the hotel at night the door man would try to talk me out of it.  There's a lot of gang activity and violent crime the further you get away from the coast. Watching the news there is like seeing an action movie.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:22:44 AM by benjio »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 01:30:29 PM »

After they were married for a while she started asking for kids (even though he repeatedly told her before they got married that he didn't want any kids). Apparently, she had an affair with a co-worker (in the states) and confessed to him she couldn't be with him anymore because she really wanted a kid. So they got an amicable divorce and she moved in with and had a kid with the co-worker.

The relationship was doomed from the start.

Why would a gringoo ever marry a young chick and not want to have kids?
Why would a young chick marry a gringo and not want to have kids?

If a chick doesn't want your baby and she is willing to marry you....then she wants something else...like money or a green card on nice life style. Some gringos know this.

If a gringo wants to marry a hot chick and not have children....he wants to live and have sex with her while he lives in the U.S. All colombianas know this.

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »
There are some young calleñas who really don't want kids. I have dated one (long term) with that attitude albeit she was only eighteen when she voiced that assertion. A lot of eighteen to mid twenty something girls  just don't want to be slowed down from the disco rumba by a kid but they almost always cave when they get older and their allure hits the wall. Regarding their allure one thing I've come to notice is that while a lot of them start out (18-19) with great slim figures by the time they're 25 they have huge thickened legs and hips and that's without having had any kids. You see women in Chipichapi who've had lipo, bust enlargement and butt injections but their legs never got longer so they look ridiculous (albeit not to Colombian men).
Hermosamente feliz

Offline benjio

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
There are some young calleñas who really don't want kids. I have dated one (long term) with that attitude albeit she was only eighteen when she voiced that assertion. A lot of eighteen to mid twenty something girls  just don't want to be slowed down from the disco rumba by a kid but they almost always cave when they get older and their allure hits the wall. Regarding their allure one thing I've come to notice is that while a lot of them start out (18-19) with great slim figures by the time they're 25 they have huge thickened legs and hips and that's without having had any kids. You see women in Chipichapi who've had lipo, bust enlargement and butt injections but their legs never got longer so they look ridiculous (albeit not to Colombian men).

I've met several young ladies in Colombia of the same opinion. One of my ex's was very adamant about it and she took her birth control shots religiously although she hated some of the side effects. But most girls that talk like this don't actually do anything to prevent from getting pregnant. I've heard it a thousand times, but in the end some Colombiano charms them into the sack and the SOB's never have condoms. Even if they did they'd never use them. Then forget about them pulling out. It's just not something they think about. That "live for the moment" culture gets them every time. I met a lot of younger girls when I was living there. Relatives of girls I dated. Young girls that took classes at some of the institutes I taught English at. Most of them have managed to find me on Facebook, Instagram or both at some point since we met. Almost ALL of them...and I mean like 98% of them are now unwed mothers. I'm talking about dozens of young women between the ages of 16 and 25 in multiple cities from all sorts of backgrounds. It's just what happens to a lot of girls there. The only exceptions I've seen are girls from very affluent backgrounds, super religious girls (usually not Catholic, but Presbyterian or Mormon) and girls that are really serious about their studies.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:06:49 PM by benjio »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »

I've met several young ladies in Colombia of the same opinion. One of my ex's was very adamant about it and she took her birth control shots religiously although she hated some of the side effects. But most girls that talk like this don't actually do anything to prevent from getting pregnant. I've heard it a thousand times, but in the end some Colombiano charms them into the sack and the SOB's never have condoms. Even if they did they'd never use them. Then forget about them pulling out. It's just not something they think about. That "live for the moment" culture gets them every time. I met a lot of younger girls when I was living there. Relatives of girls I dated. Young girls that took classes at some of the institutes I taught English at. Most of them have managed to find me on Facebook, Instagram or both at some point since we met. Almost ALL of them...and I mean like 98% of them are now unwed mothers. I'm talking about dozens of young women between the ages of 16 and 25 in multiple cities from all sorts of backgrounds. It's just what happens to a lot of girls there. The only exceptions I've seen are girls from very affluent backgrounds, super religious girls (usually not Catholic, but Presbyterian or Mormon) and girls that are really serious about their studies.
The difference between zColombia and the US. After a woman has a kid out of wedlock she's almost unmarriable. In the US she has guys lining up to support her and her kid lol

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »

Offline benjio

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »
The difference between zColombia and the US. After a woman has a kid out of wedlock she's almost unmarriable. In the US she has guys lining up to support her and her kid lol

Yeah....I'll never understand that. Damn shame.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »

Yeah, there are a lot of young colombianas that say they don't want to have kids. And I'll bet they don't want to get married either.
Nothing wrong with that especially if you are just interested in fun as well. But it's a huge red flag if you are wanting to get married and the girl you are with doesn't want children. And then you better figure out what her motivation is....if she does want to get married and preferably have it written up in contract form. jajaja

One thing I like about Medellin over Cali is that the women do stay slimmer as they age. The only bummer is that Paisa men like thinner women than Calenos. There is a lot more competition for the flaquitas en Medellin than in Cali.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293