It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"  (Read 27070 times)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
no, it's not the only reason, but it's a contributing factor and the point i'm making is not that unions single-handedly killed manufacturing, but that the women's movement isn't responsible for the decline of men in the workforce and woman's ascent. Men played a big part in their own decline.

FWIW though Right to work states are doing quite well in manufacturing (whereas Michigan is a wasteland), but then you have things like the NLRB forcing boeing's hand on the machinist's union thing so that they don't lose a billion dollar investment in SC. How will that affect other major employers' decisions? It's a big mess.

The Unions? Nah, I don't buy it. I have seen this close up. Who the hell in the US can live on 50 cents an hour? That is what US labor is competing with.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »
"Less than 5% of people in the USA even have a passport"
Actually the percentage is between 27 and 30 percent according to CNN and the state department.
Just my dos centavos worth

Dan LV

Dan,

The 5% is pretty accurate if you consider the real stats.

The state dept and homeland security now require you to have a passport now to travel to Mexico and Canada and countries in the Caribbean. 

If you take away these required passports then the number of Americans that actually use their passports to travel beyond those regions is around 5% or less.

Americans, as a group, do not travel internationally.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
If you enter the USA by land or sea from Mexico, Canada, the Caribean or the Bahamas - all you need is a Passport Card (ID card). But if you travel by air then you need a Passport Book (what we call a regular passport).
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »
If you enter the USA by land or sea from Mexico, Canada, the Caribean or the Bahamas - all you need is a Passport Card (ID card). But if you travel by air then you need a Passport Book (what we call a regular passport).

A passport card is the exact same as a passport with the same application procedures and requirements, etc.

However, you cannot use a passport card for international travel outside of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Both, however are official travel documents and are are "passports".

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline thekfc

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »
I didn't say that they had different requirements or application procedure or the likes.

All I said was if you enter the USA by land or sea from North America (Canada, Mexico Caribbean) - all you need is a PC but if you enter by air then you need a PB.  PC = use if by land & sea; PB= use if by Air.

Offline Tanuki

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
    The Unions? Nah, I don't buy it. I have seen this close up. Who the hell in the US can live on 50 cents an hour? That is what US labor is competing with.

Researcher

Hard to compete when you can do this to your workforce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhdH1ezM7To

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
Sinead O'Connor on her most recent marriage - I mean divorce.  16 days. Notice the DOMINANT "I" - and the references to the man, as if he was wearing a skirt in the corner.

"I have therefore ended the marriage," she said. "I think he is too nice to do so. And too nice to trap."
She confirmed that the marriage lasted 16 days and they only lived together for seven of those days until Christmas Eve.
"Meanwhile I intend to get on with being fully me," she continued. "With never an apology for ANY part if being FULLY ME. No matter what. I am a 21st century full woman and proud of living it. Please pray for my lovely husband to be ok and do not worry about me as I have had plenty of practice in these matters."
The singer divorced third husband Steve Cooney earlier this year.
After their split, O'Connor took to her blog to vent her sexual frustrations and appeal for a new lover.

Offline Brazilophile

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »

After their split, O'Connor took to her blog to vent her sexual frustrations and appeal for a new lover.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

I read the article but missed THAT part!  There is the fatal flaw in the masculinization of women in America: NO SUITABLE SEX PARTNERS!!

What type of man will answer her appeal? Especially given her track record with men, which is now very public?

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
Jesu Christo!!!! Talk about emasculation. She is even describing her most recent 'ex' in terms of  emasculation. As if the guy was Casper Milquetoast personified.
By all accounts she is acting like a man trapped in a woman's body with this latest publicity stunt. And quit frankly that is all it is, a publicity stunt. She hasn't sold that many records lately I take it.   
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline V_Man

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
It is not a publicity stunt. It wouldn't matter if she was selling more records. She has always been like that. She shaved her head in her hay day because she didn't want her sucess to have anything to do with her looking attractive. She has a massive chip on her shoulder that never seems to get any smaller. Pretty much standard feminist ideology resulting in standard unhappy woman creating a certain degree of mystery for anyone that gets close to her. I'm sure you've seen it 100 times already.

Recently a study was released that proved that since feminsm, women have become significantly more unhappy.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2011, 10:20:55 PM »
Recently a study was released that proved that since feminsm, women have become significantly more unhappy.

Yeppers!

A woman's happiness is directly proportional to the number of orgasms she achieves during copulation with a man (regardless of the position).

They are slowly finding this out, we already know this to be true!! ;)

Oh yeah......Toys and Tongues (a woman's) don't count!

Zulu

Offline opusone

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
As long as we tolerate unfairness and allow Fems to dictate the social agenda then we will continue to slide down the slippery slope. 

Its easy to make the necessary changes, but many men have "bought in" to the idea of "husband and wife" = "marriage partners" and now promote the core Feminist agenda of partnering.

We must educate and deprogram these guys, then actively start to remove the legal and social structures the Fems have put in place.

I can be done.
Nice!

Good luck training grown men who have been emasculated, new tricks. You're going to need lots of it.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2011, 12:27:51 AM »

Good luck training grown men who have been emasculated, new tricks. You're going to need lots of it.

Opusone,

Maybe not the all the grown men, but surely the young men and adolescents.

That's what sites like this are for.

Zulu

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2011, 12:27:51 AM »

Offline V_Man

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2011, 01:06:08 AM »
I agree, show them alternatives.

Also speak out a little. I get a kick out of pointing out the bigotry and hypocracy of feminsm.
Have you read about the women only hotel floors and lounges?

Offline Zon

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2011, 06:41:25 AM »
 "She has a massive chip on her shoulder that never seems to get any smaller. Pretty much standard feminist ideology resulting in standard unhappy woman creating a certain degree of mystery for anyone that gets close to her."

She needed it good and hard - probably never has.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »
Sinead O'Connor is musically talented & do make good music. But she is also a "troubled" woman.

She have walked off the during performances.
The year she won Best Alternative Music Performance - she boycotted the Grammy's. 
She have refused to perform on stage if the national anthem of a "country which impose censorship on artist" is played before her scheduled performance. "Ole Blue Eyes" threatened to kicked her ass.
She received 4 Grammy nominations but removed her name from consideration.
She said that she have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
She have attempted suicide.
She says that she is a lesbian - actually according to her 3/4 heterosexual & 1/4 gay. She says that goes out with guys because she haven't necessarily been terribly comfortable about being a big lesbian mule.
She tore up a picture of Pope John Paul II during a SNL perrformance (she later apologize).
She is very outspoken about sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.
Earlier this year she wrote an article in a newspaper (in response to the sexual abuse scandal in Cloyne Diocese) and described the vatican as a nest of devils.
She said that if she was not a singer then she would have wished to be a catholic priest.
In 1999 she was ordained as a priest (Latin Tridentine church in Ireland) and afterwards said that she want to be known as Mother Bernadette Mary.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
Sinead O'Connor is musically talented & do make good music. But she is also a "troubled" woman.

She have walked off the during performances.
The year she won Best Alternative Music Performance - she boycotted the Grammy's. 
She have refused to perform on stage if the national anthem of a "country which impose censorship on artist" is played before her scheduled performance. "Ole Blue Eyes" threatened to kicked her ass.
She received 4 Grammy nominations but removed her name from consideration.
She said that she have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
She have attempted suicide.
She says that she is a lesbian - actually according to her 3/4 heterosexual & 1/4 gay. She says that goes out with guys because she haven't necessarily been terribly comfortable about being a big lesbian mule.
She tore up a picture of Pope John Paul II during a SNL perrformance (she later apologize).
She is very outspoken about sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.
Earlier this year she wrote an article in a newspaper (in response to the sexual abuse scandal in Cloyne Diocese) and described the vatican as a nest of devils.
She said that if she was not a singer then she would have wished to be a catholic priest.
In 1999 she was ordained as a priest (Latin Tridentine church in Ireland) and afterwards said that she want to be known as Mother Bernadette Mary.

i think your on to something Zon.she has never had a real man who threw her over his shoulder took her into the bedroom & gave it to her good & propper?
(I'm talking about going into extra innings if needed to get the job done) 8)
 i guess if she keeps hooking up with the "girly man" type she will never get what she really needs.
i find it interesting that people actually give a flying rat's @ss what some singer or actor thinks. hey just because you can sing a song that was been written for you or repeat the lines written for you DOESN'T MAKE YOU SMART.....i hope i was clear on that.
i couldn't tell you who got voted off the stupid island or who the last winner of american idol was, why because i don't really care. most of those people are fake.
who cares what a fake shallow person says about anything,
i sure don't.

OK I'll now climb down from my soapbox
pig ;)
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »

i find it interesting that people actually give a flying rat's @ss what some singer or actor thinks.

I agree!

i couldn't tell you who got voted off the stupid island or who the last winner of american idol was, why because i don't really care. most of those people are fake.

Hey Piggy,

Actually, the people on American Idol and Survivor are real people, not phony actors.

Just for trivia’s sake, did you know that American Idol has been the number-one rated TV show for the past 8 years? We like to watch the audition episodes because they can be quite entertaining.

I saw a published survey recently where they rated shows by the political party of the viewers. Republicans tend to prefer shows like Amazing Race, American Idol, Survivor, and Dancing With the Stars, while Democrats like Mad Men, Dexter, 90210, 30 Rock, and Goodwife. Don’t know what the significance is but it was an interesting read.

I also like American Pickers, Gold Rush, IRT Deadliest Roads, and of course just about everything on the The Military Channel. I can’t stand sit-coms, especially the ones with the phony laugh tracks.

Ray

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
I'll bet she has, and not in a good way.  Probably by someone who goes by the title of "father".  But who's father may be in question.  Just sayin', the patterns of behavior that are the consequences of such an episode are there.   :-\

...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2011, 09:33:59 PM »

I also like American Pickers, Gold Rush, IRT Deadliest Roads, and of course just about everything on the The Military Channel. I can’t stand sit-coms, especially the ones with the phony laugh tracks.

Ray
i love american pickers , those guys rock, irt deadliest roads is good most of the time, the discovery & military channel are IMHO the best. I havn't seen a sitcom in years & i don't think i am miss much  ;D :o ;D

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline maritime04

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 03:56:20 AM »

Recently, there was a separate thread where some objected to me stating that the "value of being a man" was higher in Latin American countries.  I am not, necessarily, talking from a deep psychological perspective.   There are hundreds of examples that show this to be true. But some people here think such a claim is gibberish.  Look at this little TV commercial (one of hundreds with the same characterization), and tell me if things have not changed a ton in the last 30 years, tell me if things are not different in Latin America - HAHAHA

Please pass the crack pipe Zon. What you are talking about is economics 101, males earn more money because they can physically work harder and are the main labors, so of course they have more value, Is a dog worth more then a milk cow??????? Is an egg worth more then a hen???? 

But you have to ask yourself just how did these clueless Colombians ever get so on top of the situation when it comes to their women. And if I had to pick one reason...it would be that they don't marry other guys ex-wives especially if they have his kids and are over thirty.
1.       Colombian males have somehow discovered how best to deal with women? Seriously you believe that CRAP!!!! Colombian males are defiantly not winning the gender wars, Colombian women will yell at, cheat on or cut the balls off of their male partners faster than you can blink an eye. WOW self-delusion is AWSOME! You really believe that crap! Let me ask a question, who hear would like to have a Colombian grown male as a son, or son-inlaw? Made my point. Thank you………………………………………….lets move on
2.       I have in my travels encountered those who revile in the [snip] that is Colombia………………………………….

Here in Latin America I love to watch the men out on Friday night and the women at home.

Hey buddy their NOT at home, they screwing their mosos!!!!!!!!!

I love that the women will not talk to one another about what they saw their man doing because if they do the other woman says “Ha! Well I saw your man with so and so!”

Wrong again, its more like ill tell your man I saw you with so and so!!!!! Chismoso!!!!!!

Offline brian57

• Probie
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »
I have read many of Zon's posts, and he does interact with the locals,  I recall one post where Zon did charity work in MDE.

Offline Zon

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
Please pass the crack pipe Zon. What you are talking about is economics 101, males earn more money because they can physically work harder and are the main labors, so of course they have more value, Is a dog worth more then a milk cow? Is an egg worth more then a hen? 

But you have to ask yourself just how did these clueless Colombians ever get so on top of the situation when it comes to their women. And if I had to pick one reason...it would be that they don't marry other guys ex-wives especially if they have his kids and are over thirty.

1.       Colombian males have somehow discovered how best to deal with women? Seriously you believe that CRAP!!!! Colombian males are defiantly not winning the gender wars, Colombian women will yell at, cheat on or cut the balls off of their male partners faster than you can blink an eye. WOW self-delusion is AWSOME! You really believe that crap! Let me ask a question, who hear would like to have a Colombian grown male as a son, or son-inlaw? Made my point. Thank you………………………………………….lets move on2.       I have in my travels encountered those who revile in the [snip] that is Colombia………………………………….

QuoteHere in Latin America I love to watch the men out on Friday night and the women at home.

Hey buddy their NOT at home, they screwing their mosos!!!!!!!!!

QuoteI love that the women will not talk to one another about what they saw their man doing because if they do the other woman says “Ha! Well I saw your man with so and so!”

Wrong again, its more like ill tell your man I saw you with so and so!!!!! Chismoso!!!!!!

1, Personally, I think it is more complicated than eco 101.  I have, and many other have also, chimed in on this thread with observations, opinions, even a little evidence to discuss this "value of being a man" issue.  If you think the value of being a man is the same everywhere in the world, through the ages that is fine by me.

2, although it is possible, I do not remember being the author of all those fragments you have posted?

3, My new year's resolution - no more pissing matches on the internet:) 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »

Offline maritime04

« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2012, 11:59:53 PM »
What’s a matter don’t like the taste of your own medicine? You’ve never been shy to state your opinions of “wife-hunters” compared to what you call “life-hunters” whatever the hell that means In regard to “Value of being a man” yes you have stated your OPINION but with ZERO evidence, it’s a B.S. statement taken from the simple observation, with little background information and actual thought. Sorry, unless you can make an actual argument and support it with logical conclusion it’s simply B.S.
As towards Economics, the simpler it gets the more fundamental is becomes in any economy, my statement is factual, especially in agrarian society like Colombia, which is become more urban every day, but like the rest of the continent has its roots in traditional catholic type of thinking.  Its simple Zon males do most of the hard labor in any agriculture environment; females tend to the home, rear children, and cook. As I said before Colombia has seen a great deal of urbanization due to internal-conflict, drug trade, and economics. Many Colombians no longer work the coffee fields, and live in the country BUT they still think and behave as their fathers and grandfathers before them. So male children as still happily welcomed into the home and spoiled like little kings, often a Colombian family will be much more willing and gentler with bad behavior from a male child then a female.
Honestly I do not think that’s what you meant, when you say “being a man has more value”, your still at the OMG these girls are ACTUALLY hanging out with us, stage. As I have left the building, and moved on. It’s not a pissing match because there is no match….., you give [snip] to guys who are looking for a wife, because you feel they are “losers” who are damaged in some way (at least 80%) what I do is simply take the same attitude with what you say are “life-hunters”, and show you a little reality. What surprises me is how one can be so pessimistic and negative in one instance and so foolish and naive in the other.

Offline Zon

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
Recently, on separate thread, I stated my true opinion on wife hunters vs. life hunters.   I highlighted it in red.   It is not an argument to be won - it is my perspective on the subjects.  Surprisingly, it could be BS to you, yet accurate to another.  Is there a personal, ethical, moral, or political issue being debated here?  I don't see it. 

(BTW, in that thread I did notice that you excused yourself, however, without any response to the fact that you came on awfully strong on the single issue that you simple can not know - age.  At 31ish, you are 5 years removed from graduate school, or your first professional job.  You probably have not been married, or divorced.  You probably have not raised a child.  NOTHING WRONG with any of that, of course. It just is what it is)

You are much more qualified to offer a counter opinion on society's "gender wars" ... and comparisons in gender throughout the places you have lived.   YOU DON'T SEE ANY BASIS IN TRUTH IN THIS THREAD FROM VARIOUS POSTERS?   No skin off my back.

Honestly I do not think that’s what you meant, when you say “being a man has more value”, your still at the OMG these girls are ACTUALLY hanging out with us, stage. As I have left the building, and moved on. It’s not a pissing match because there is no match…"

Ahhhh ...  at least I understand where you are coming from now.  But, you are mistaken.  If I wanted to simply beat my chest and talk about women as commodities, I would not have spent so much time here.   1) Regarding my  80% wifehunters are x y and z  statements - all of which are unflattering.   I understand those are seen as rude here.  2) Regarding my many comments suggesting that finding a good, sincere CW is not as easy as it first appears, those were similarly unpopular.  3) Regarding my comments that being married should not be one's life goal, but a subset of a full, complete life, DITTO.

Maybe I should have been more reserved in my observations in the past, more gentle?  NEVERTHELESS, all those comments were based on my observations and are my opinions - they are true to me.  (and just to underscore the obvious, they are true for others as well - not ALL, but some)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:50:17 AM by Zon »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864