It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: They sure like killing each other down thattaway....  (Read 1301 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
They sure like killing each other down thattaway....
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:32:03 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/latin-america-is-the-worlds-most-violent-region-crime-2019-9

Above article doesn't go into Colombia too specifically, but being one of the top three drug supplying nations, the blood's all over the place down there too.

Here in Georgia you can go to the flea market, buy a twenty dollar pistol--no questions asked, strap it to your side and walk into walmart.

Unless walmart puts up a 'no guns inside" sign. They don't.

They kill each other hereabouts for looking at each other funny, but down Mexixo, Central and S. America way, they sound even more violent.

Is 'The Mudd Report" on hiatus?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline ignorante

Re: They sure like killing each other down thattaway....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:22:14 PM »
Walmart does want you to conceal it, though.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »
Walmart does want you to conceal it, though.

In the Georgia I know, you need  concealed weapons permit/license to only then legally be able to carry a concealed weapon, but except for a few select places, you can carry a side arm openly holstered, be it a 10 inch barrel 44 magnum or whatever, no problemo--in fact unless you buy a gun from an authorized dealer, you don't have to register the gun at all. No record keeping, no 'psycho test'....It's weird sometimes seeing someone in the frozen food aisle at Krogers, with a gun that could dispatch a rhinoceros.On the hunt for a chuck roast, I presume?I have a nifty little 11.7 ounce Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380, It takes high end  Hornady defensive ammo in it's clips, but actually my wife hates me taking it out on dates, even if it tucks away very neatly in the small of my back. Yet out on the range she's all OK with guns. I switch her from semi autos, to revolvers, to my full sized double stack 45 etc and she's an ace, putting holes in the target holes she already nailed, LOL. She refuses to use the lasers I have, saying "What if the battery is dead when I have to use it?""Simple Filipina"Nothing shakes her form or aim--less than a 100 pounds and she handles a big ole match grade 45's recoil like pissing off pier ten. Fluid and orderly. Remarkable woman who can fish successfully too! Professionals have told me that women are often better shots than men overall

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »

Offline ignorante

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 03:37:14 PM »
We know the same Georgia (forget me so soon after I marry an American woman?  LOL!).  It's not a concealed carry license.  It is a Georgia Weapons Carry License, and it is needed to carry a handgun openly or concealed (no distinction between openly or concealed in Georgia law) outside of your home, car, or place of business (no license needed in those places).  You are correct that there is no registration, but then very few places in the United States actually do have registration.  That is one of those movie and TV things that just does not exist much in the real world.

I was just commenting on Walmart.  They published a corporate policy recently, nationwide, not just in Georgia, asking persons to conceal and not carry openly inside their stores.

That's funny about your wife hating you taking the little gun on dates.  I carry a full sized ten millimeter (Glock Model 20), even on dates, and my wife is quite used to it.  I even had to use it to fend off two armed robbers while walking back after a date, so she appreciates me carrying it.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 10:10:43 PM »
We know the same Georgia (forget me so soon after I marry an American woman?  LOL!).  It's not a concealed carry license.  It is a Georgia Weapons Carry License, and it is needed to carry a handgun openly or concealed (no distinction between openly or concealed in Georgia law) outside of your home, car, or place of business (no license needed in those places).  You are correct that there is no registration, but then very few places in the United States actually do have registration.  That is one of those movie and TV things that just does not exist much in the real world.

I was just commenting on Walmart.  They published a corporate policy recently, nationwide, not just in Georgia, asking persons to conceal and not carry openly inside their stores.

That's funny about your wife hating you taking the little gun on dates.  I carry a full sized ten millimeter (Glock Model 20), even on dates, and my wife is quite used to it.  I even had to use it to fend off two armed robbers while walking back after a date, so she appreciates me carrying it.

Thank you, Ignorante. You are obviously more knowledgeable about these regs than  I am and I dont doubt that you're correct.

Hope you never have to actually use a firearm to protect your loved one/s again, but  good to know you know the regs/rights and how to  exercise them correctly--how to handle guns/situations...

I guess you'd never bring a knife to a gunfight, lol!

I remember the only time I got pulled over by the cops for not wearing a seatbelt. The officer, maybe 20-21 years old, saw my concealed weapons permit under my driver's license. He asked me: "Sir are you carrying or are you in possession of firearms in this vehicle?"

I answered: "Yes sir, I have a 380 pistol in my right pocket, and a 45 in the glove compartment."

Very shortly, two more police cars joined in, watching me closely,  as the rookie cop ran my record. I was ready to sh!t a brick!

The minutes seemed like hours, my hands at 10 and 2:00, glued to the steering wheel, my knuckles white from squeezing the steering wheel.

A moment deserving of imodium was building in my gut. Cops and Judges can exercise a lot of descretion.

But much to my happy surprise,  the junior cop finally came to my window and said:

"Sir, I am glad you're carrying firearms responsibly. I am going to let you go on the seat belt violation with a warning,  but please remember to buckle up. Have a nice day."

God bless America!

P.S.-I have guns that most people think that because they cost more, they're better than my Glocks, my 12 gauge Mossberg  500, "Street Sweeper"-- but if you were gonna drop me in anyplace too cold, hot, salty, wet and/or humid, the Glocks (with their optional 33 rd magazines) and that Mossberg (or Winchester) would be my 'go to' guns, if I could bring them.

Drop em in the sand, water or mud, pick em up and they still shoot. Try that with a Kimber or a Colt AR!

Likewise, my high end,  mega hard tool steel, powder steel survival knives, forget that--u need a diamond stone to sharpen back to a working edge once it's lost the edge.

The length of time the blade's 'working edge' lasts- not just how sharp you can get it for a while--it took me a long time to realize the old, high carbon knives are better there too. Plus they're less brittle.

I have high carbon, chrome moly Vietnam era KABARs and with them, as well as with my old Navy MKII, knife, I can easily resharpen them back to a shaving edge on a river rock. Just dry the blade when done and you're  good to go.

My FEMA, under my car seat knife though, is a (cheap, under $100) Gerber LMF Infantry knife, again w/ a high carbon blade and stout enough to pry open a wrecked Mack truck's crash crumpled door. It's also a full tang blade thru handle, with a pommel that will smash thru a crashed Military helicopter windshield. With its insulated handle,  it can cut major electrical  power lines, so our Military can safely make the night dark and using USA Night Vision goggles, engage the enemy at a great advantage.

It's smaller in length than the great KABAR/Camilus military knives, but the blade is thicker. It's a bear of a knife!

And proudly made in Portland, Oregon!

My EDC pocket knives are usually Spyderco, well made in Golden, Colorado.

Austria's Glock also makes a great, dirt cheap multipurpose military knife, which like the Gerber LMF, has saw tooth serrations, for when you REALLY need to cut a rope, power line or a jungle vine fast. That's what I gave my sons for their light weight camping excursions.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:59:17 PM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »

P.S.-I have guns that most people think that because they cost more, they're better than my Glocks, my 12 gauge Mossberg  500, "Street Sweeper"-- but if you were gonna drop me in anyplace too cold, hot, salty, wet and/or humid, the Glocks (with their optional 33 rd magazines) and that Mossberg (or Winchester) would be my 'go to' guns, if I could bring them.

here is a street sweeper full auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukk9sS4QYc

How are the phych evaluations going....we don't need a loose cannon with one of these. jajaja

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 08:22:35 PM »

here is a street sweeper full auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukk9sS4QYc

How are the phych evaluations going....we don't need a loose cannon with one of these. jajaja

That babe seems alright mind and body to me!! and damn, she can shoot some heavy action!

She has a lot of hot videos and I think the one you meant to send  is the one of her shooting the wicked Mossberg 930. It pushed her back a bit, but tough babe.

We've got the more primitive pistol grip Mossberg 500, with a shorter barrel (I can turn faster in hallways, alleys) and with a heat shield so I don't burn things.

Most people have no idea the recoil, how guns like that can gettaway from you and break your face. 

The only gun I never brought out w my wife is our street sweeper. It's not sutomatic and it wouldn't suprise me if she COULD handle it, (again, she can go from a tiny 380 to full sized 45 to a 40,  revolvers etc--all with max power loads, but set up as it is with pistol grip, shooting 3 inch shells of double 00 buck shot, it'll break your thumb shooting it from the side like I do. If for the first time (unlikely) that she wasn't ready, with her petite body not set up right, it'd maybe snap her thumb clean off.

Never mind doors, it'll blast thru any wall that's not solid brick. Not really a safe, practical gun for home defense in non brick homes.

Just the ratcheting sound of it gives burglars bowel movements. Sooo distinctive.

Third world countries all over the world have bootleg versions of that gun. Fits well in our umbrella jar too, although not with a 75 round magazine. I don't trust drum magazines and all mine are mil spec bananas, straight sticks, all 35 rounds or less.

My wife can load any weapon I have ultra fast, which at the range, with us bringing 7 or 8 guns, is great.

All the ammo I bought going back five years or so has out appreciated the stock market in monetary value. I bet in that youtube clip she blew $50 easy, including the booster she fried.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:29:33 PM by robert angel »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 448