It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Blocked from Logging In  (Read 2583 times)

Offline John W

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Blocked from Logging In
« on: September 03, 2020, 01:33:00 AM »
Not even sure if there is a moderator here, but I have been trying to log in from time to time for the past two months or so.  Every time I would try to log i I would get a message that said I was a guest and not allowed to log in and this ban was not set to expire. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Blocked from Logging In
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 08:14:01 AM »
Not even sure if there is a moderator here, but I have been trying to log in from time to time for the past two months or so.  Every time I would try to log i I would get a message that said I was a guest and not allowed to log in and this ban was not set to expire.

I'm surprised you were able to get in using your original name. Fosgate5 was similarilly 'banned' w/o apparent reason a few weeks ago and had to create an entirely new identity. He never did anything offensive--it seems there's a glitch in the system

Once banned for whatever reason, that means that any personal letters here between members, your archived posts etc, are lost to you.

I'd suggest writing Dan, who thankfully still allows this forum to run. He's a reasonable fellow.

With all the hoopla about TV's "90 Day Fiancee" and it's numerous spinoffs, I think that if we could get word out to their viewers somehow, that we'd have a lot more members here.

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:10:23 AM »
I get banned from sites occaisionally

Sometimes you can just log in with a new name on a different Email acount

Other times you have to have a VPN to change your IP address

This is actually a pretty good site as far as editing posts, and things apearing rapidly. Also, the Mods arent too extreme in banning people, and it happens more by mistake than anything (That Awesome character was the only guy I know who was actually banned. He got too annoying after awhile)

I think they should just change the name and topic a little and call it "World Travel and Expat Site" and leave it more general  or something  and have different focus and  categories-

Latin, Far East, European etc., with general subsections and subsection on "Foreign/Expat Dating and Relationships"

Get rid of all that Mail order Bride stuff at the beginning

If the powers that be would do that, we could get people from other expat sites to come here.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:10:23 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »

This is actually a pretty good site as far as editing posts, and things apearing rapidly. Also, the Mods arent too extreme in banning people, and it happens more by mistake than anything (That Awesome character was the only guy I know who was actually banned. He got too annoying after awhile)

I think they should just change the name and topic a little and call it "World Travel and Expat Site" and leave it more general  or something  and have different focus and  categories-

Latin, Far East, European etc., with general subsections and subsection on "Foreign/Expat Dating and Relationships"

If the powers that be would do that, we could get people from other expat sites to come here.

And if it puts more money in Dan's pocket, all the better. He has actually done a crackerjack, jam up job with P.L. in a lot of ways. Not too many P.L.technical hic ups, great website features...

Thanks, Dan if you're reading this....

Investing in some P.L. tweaks-- 'modernizations' if you will , would probably pay off in this climate. It'd increase traffic, definitely not "throwing away good money for bad.'

Think about it---that the topics we typically discuss would be some interest to the gum chewing masses who watch '90 Day' and its myriad of media spinoffs.  P.L. has evolved into a bit of an 'older gentleman's forum' lately.

New opinions, thoughts and viewpoints -'members'-would find a venue for "Spirited Discourse" here.

I'd guess that there's a substantial amount of N. American Males who are, shall we say 'disenchanted' with the state of male-female relationships in their hometowns.

Those guys, if they have red blood cells, would be interested in guys like Calipro and I, who have hot young foriegn wives in long term marriages, to women from totally different cultures, each w a different mindset than 99.9% of N. American women. Happy.

And members here who happily live abroad, enjoying the fertile fields whilst remaining single, can perhaps pique the interest of single guys who wonder if you can really:

"Have your cake and eat it too?"

The subject of ongoing life married to a lovely, often younger exotic woman, in her country, as well as in ours, w and w/o kids, would pique their interest.  So would 'studies of  western single Males, chasing exciting, exotic women abroad'-that might get their attention.

Maybe even the saner guys tuning into all that MGTOW buzz would stop complaining, tune in and realize:

Wow--hey, I actually have OPTIONS out there!!!

But a mild 're skin' of this P.L. site, at least some mild reformatting, and I'll bet we'd see more positive attention.

If you look at the numbers of the Russian brother site of P.L., it totally dwarfs us. There's got to be a reason for that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:23:25 PM by robert angel »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »
And if it puts more money in Dan's pocket, all the better. He has actually done a crackerjack, jam up job with P.L. in a lot of ways. Not too many P.L.technical hic ups, great website features...

Thanks, Dan if you're reading this....

Investing in some P.L. tweaks-- 'modernizations' if you will , would probably pay off in this climate. It'd increase traffic, definitely not "throwing away good money for bad.'

Think about it---that the topics we typically discuss would be some interest to the gum chewing masses who watch '90 Day' and its myriad of media spinoffs.  P.L. has evolved into a bit of an 'older gentleman's forum' lately.

New opinions, thoughts and viewpoints -'members'-would find a venue for "Spirited Discourse" here.

I'd guess that there's a substantial amount of N. American Males who are, shall we say 'disenchanted' with the state of male-female relationships in their hometowns.

Those guys, if they have red blood cells, would be interested in guys like Calipro and I, who have hot young foriegn wives in long term marriages, to women from totally different cultures, each w a different mindset than 99.9% of N. American women. Happy.

And members here who happily live abroad, enjoying the fertile fields whilst remaining single, can perhaps pique the interest of single guys who wonder if you can really:

"Have your cake and eat it too?"

The subject of ongoing life married to a lovely, often younger exotic woman, in her country, as well as in ours, w and w/o kids, would pique their interest.  So would 'studies of  western single Males, chasing exciting, exotic women abroad'-that might get their attention.

Maybe even the saner guys tuning into all that MGTOW buzz would stop complaining, tune in and realize:

Wow--hey, I actually have OPTIONS out there!!!

But a mild 're skin' of this P.L. site, at least some mild reformatting, and I'll bet we'd see more positive attention.

If you look at the numbers of the Russian brother site of P.L., it totally dwarfs us. There's got to be a reason for that.

You are on the same topic Robert-Women and Relationships in foreign countrys

Lets be honest, it hasnt been a sucseesful recipe here. Anyone that is interested would have already reviewed the site and maybe even posted.

Where on other sites, covering living in and traveling to developing countries in general- it has come up as a secondary topic, and these threads get more action than here-were this si the main topic of discussion.

I was thinking it would better to change the main thust and name, layout and main discussion  of this site totally, and keeping women and relationships as a secondary topic.

Thats what you would have to do to increase interest.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 04:29:46 PM »

Lets be honest, it hasnt been a sucseesful recipe here. Anyone that is interested would have already reviewed the site and maybe even posted.

Where on other sites, covering living in and traveling to developing countries in general- it has come up as a secondary topic, and these threads get more action than here-were this si the main topic of discussion.

I was thinking it would better to change the main thust and name, layout and main discussion  of this site totally, and keeping women and relationships as a secondary topic.

Never under or over estimate what the audience wants, but are you basically saying that our best bet for building membership here is to cover the 'logistics' of going to, namely the traveling and staying/living abroad? Is it about 'game'?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »

Compare here to there.  http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=forum  same ownership, very similar design....

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »

Back when people actually posted here I would write this and people would lose their [snip]e.

With high speed showing up around the world this mob agency crab was on the way out years ago.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 07:47:03 PM »
Back when people actually posted here I would write this and people would lose their [snip]e.

With high speed showing up around the world this mob agency crab was on the way out years ago.

What does the above have to do with the content in the following thread being quite relative to concerns and scenarios expressed here?

Just change 'FSU' to XXX country.   

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24595.msg542640#new

Meanwhile, they get a whole lotta traffic compared to here--multiple replies across threads daily.

Not exactly sure why, as it sounds like the target audience both there and here, has had enough of N. American women and is eager to look elsewhere.

Thoughts, crew?

This was cute---  http://www.womenrussia.com/blacklist_summary.htm  Is there a similar list for Colombianas?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:53:19 PM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

BCc haven't seen you here in years!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 06:16:40 PM »
There is no reason to be here. Crickets
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 08:03:59 AM »
I dont concur..there are RAs solilequys to be read if you have patience

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »
I dont concur..there are RAs solilequys to be read if you have patience

You guys all live very interesting lives as N. American males, surviving rather well in a very different culture.  You're living what many would see as an exotic lifestyle. Ballers. Expressing your wits here gets more views than you might think. Ya'll write well.

Meanwhile, some guys are too busy complaining about what they think doesn't exist--to the point where they DON'T do what we're actually DOING and we ARE having a good bit of fun in the process.

I'd like to think that there's millions of guys out there living mundane lives, who if not interested, might better be inspired to think outside the envelope.

Then again, maybe this place is crickets and I need to open my first FB page.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:36:39 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »

You guys all live very interesting lives as N. American males, surviving rather well in a very different culture.  You're living what many would see as an exotic lifestyle. Ballers. Expressing your wits here gets more views than you might think. Ya'll write well.

Meanwhile, some guys are too busy complaining about what they think doesn't exist--to the point where they DON'T do what we're actually DOING and we ARE having a good bit of fun in the process.

I'd like to think that there's millions of guys out there living mundane lives, who if not interested, might better be inspired to think outside the envelope.

Then again, maybe this place is crickets and I need to open my first FB page.

Right now things are pretty restricted still compared to a year ago. And I do take sensible precautions and am not totally " laisez faire"

But my life is a bit more exciting than a lot of Canadian wimps ..of any age or sex.. hiding in their basements like mushrooms..scared of their own shadow

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2020, 07:18:07 PM »
Right now things are pretty restricted still compared to a year ago. And I do take sensible precautions and am not totally " laisez faire"

But my life is a bit more exciting than a lot of Canadian wimps ..of any age or sex.. hiding in their basements like mushrooms..scared of their own shadow

Oh man--just thinka minute and take yourself back to Saskatchewan--Imagine urself rightaboutnow looking across that tundra, into the oncoming teeth of dry cold winter. Weather that kills everything not indoors for half the year. Dark, depressing. Surely you remember that. Remember how when it got so cold that when your feet stopped hurting, you knew it was time to go in because your feet were literally frozen numb? Otherwise they'd rot while defrosting and get gangrene?

If I were you--I'd be pinching myself! Dance, mofo!--LOL ;D

If you can see but one senorita a week in dress there in 'the city of eternal spring' VS the rare sighting of a Canadian female penguin, buried under six layers of non sexy polar wear, you're doing OK, I figure.

If you're doing better than the above, I'd suggest you raise a glass of a good red say a toast and count your blessings. Meanwhile I'm fixing to fix my asian senorita  some gin and tonic w/ lime and we'll toast the weather here in Georgia. We've been lucky a long time and it looks like once again we're getting outta hurricane season unscathed.

A lot of things suck right about now. So lately I'm trying extra hard to think how so many other things --things we typically don't even think about, could be so much worse. Personally I take too much for granted.

Now that I think about it, September's when the viewing of Northern Lights starts to pick up in Saskatoon...

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »

Oh man--just thinka minute and take yourself back to Saskatchewan--Imagine urself rightaboutnow looking across that tundra, into the oncoming teeth of dry cold winter. Weather that kills everything not indoors for half the year. Dark, depressing. Surely you remember that. Remember how when it got so cold that when your feet stopped hurting, you knew it was time to go in because your feet were literally frozen numb? Otherwise they'd rot while defrosting and get gangrene?

If I were you--I'd be pinching myself! Dance, mofo!--LOL ;D

If you can see but one senorita a week in dress there in 'the city of eternal spring' VS the rare sighting of a Canadian female penguin, buried under six layers of non sexy polar wear, you're doing OK, I figure.

If you're doing better than the above, I'd suggest you raise a glass of a good red say a toast and count your blessings. Meanwhile I'm fixing to fix my asian senorita  some gin and tonic w/ lime and we'll toast the weather here in Georgia. We've been lucky a long time and it looks like once again we're getting outta hurricane season unscathed.

A lot of things suck right about now. So lately I'm trying extra hard to think how so many other things --things we typically don't even think about, could be so much worse. Personally I take too much for granted.

Now that I think about it, September's when the viewing of Northern Lights starts to pick up in Saskatoon...

Actually I plan to go back to Canad for skiing in March and Abril.
But that is a really complicated situation.

I havent lived in Saskatchewan for 40 years now..LOL

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864