It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Life in Colombia  (Read 563 times)

Offline buencamino

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Life in Colombia
« on: October 17, 2015, 06:56:47 AM »
I made a trip up to the US for a week. It seems while I was away a politico from the municipio seeking to be elected in the upcoming elections sent a road grader up to our awful kilometer and a half stretch of very rough unpaved road. It did a bunch of grading leaving the road covered in soft earth and left, that was it...then it rained. Apparently, according to neighbors the road was then virtually impassable for most vehicles and people had to park their cars down below and walk the last stretch through mud to get home. When I drove up Tuesday night from the airport on my return I had to put the car in four wheel drive to get through. Recognizing, I suppose that utterly damaging the road was not a way to get votes he has now sent up a bunch of volquetas with rocamuerta and they are doing a fine job of making a smooth and navigable road. If you need something done in Colombia wait for the elections.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 118