It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: AVIANCA local flight  (Read 1565 times)

Gato4Astrid

AVIANCA local flight
« on: January 13, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »
Is there local website AVIANCA flight so I could make local bookings?

When I tried to use avianca.com.co the website automatically refer to European website!!!

I used to be able to make bookings com.co here in UK for far cheaper prices!!

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: AVIANCA local flight
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:25:51 PM »
http://www.avianca.com/es-co/           Spanish, in Colombia

http://www.avianca.com/en-co/           English, in Colombia

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »
http://www.avianca.com/es-co/           Spanish, in Colombia

http://www.avianca.com/en-co/           English, in Colombia

Thank you - got it now ;)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:08:53 AM »
Yeah there is, but they don't accept foreign credit cards- at least Canadian. jiust look up Avianca.com ifyour in Colombia, it will direct you there by your IP address.

If it doesnt accept your credit card, it's better to check the flight on-line, write down or print the page off, go to the Local Avianca office and ask them to meet the price.

Why Avianca? You can try COPA and LAN also, LAN can be the best. Also there is VIVA Colombia, which is way cheaper, but still has modern aircraft, good pilots ad good service, but you have to go to the local airport to buy the tickets- impossible on-line- unless things have changed in the last few months.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:42:45 AM »
Yeah there is, but they don't accept foreign credit cards- at least Canadian. jiust look up Avianca.com ifyour in Colombia, it will direct you there by your IP address.

If it doesnt accept your credit card, it's better to check the flight on-line, write down or print the page off, go to the Local Avianca office and ask them to meet the price.

Why Avianca? You can try COPA and LAN also, LAN can be the best. Also there is VIVA Colombia, which is way cheaper, but still has modern aircraft, good pilots ad good service, but you have to go to the local airport to buy the tickets- impossible on-line- unless things have changed in the last few months.

They accepted my credit card on my last visit to Colombis using this website!

However, I'll check out the LAN and COPA too, thanks ;)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »
Also there is VIVA Colombia, which is way cheaper, but still has modern aircraft, good pilots ad good service, but you have to go to the local airport to buy the tickets- impossible on-line- unless things have changed in the last few months.

They haven't changed...and I for one can't wait until these guys get a website. Easily the cheapest plane tickets I've run across anywhere in the world.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »
Sometimes you have to unload 'cookies' that going to websites leaves, or otherwise disable location detection on the computer/device you're using. That way you're not directed to sites that charge more than others.

In a lot of places, just carrying a cell/smart phone enables persons and companies with a little know how to track your movements and locations. You should be able to disable that if you want to. We're not in Kansas anymore!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 08:45:47 AM »
I think you posted on the wrong Post buddy- but that is a ery good peice of information to know...

Sometimes you have to unload 'cookies' that going to websites leaves, or otherwise disable location detection on the computer/device you're using. That way you're not directed to sites that charge more than others.

In a lot of places, just carrying a cell/smart phone enables persons and companies with a little know how to track your movements and locations. You should be able to disable that if you want to. We're not in Kansas anymore!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 09:29:14 AM »

They haven't changed...and I for one can't wait until these guys get a website. Easily the cheapest plane tickets I've run across anywhere in the world.

AVIANCA is cheaper than LAN, COPA, yes!!   Avianca.CO.UK is 3 times more expensive than on Colombian website for exact the same iternitery!!

Offline benjio

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01:19 AM »

AVIANCA is cheaper than LAN, COPA, yes!!   Avianca.CO.UK is 3 times more expensive than on Colombian website for exact the same iternitery!!

Did you make sure to go to the Colombian Site for LAN, as they have a U.K. Site as well. It is EXTREMELY rare that I'm shopping for plane tickets and Avianca is cheaper than LAN!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »

Did you make sure to go to the Colombian Site for LAN, as they have a U.K. Site as well. It is EXTREMELY rare that I'm shopping for plane tickets and Avianca is cheaper than LAN!

UK return flights to Bogota is around £500, while it is at least £700 to Cali or Medellin

AVIANCA (Colombian website) return flight from Bogota to Cali or Medellin is around £50.

Don't need an Einstein to work out which is cheaper lol

£1 = around US $1.55 give or take

Offline benjio

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:55 AM »

UK return flights to Bogota is around £500, while it is at least £700 to Cali or Medellin

AVIANCA (Colombian website) return flight from Bogota to Cali or Medellin is around £50.

Don't need an Einstein to work out which is cheaper lol

£1 = around US $1.55 give or take

This posts just completely confused the hell out of me but if you're happy with what you're finding I'm happy too!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »
I think you posted on the wrong Post buddy- but that is a ery good peice of information to know...

Appreciate the 'heads up', but I thought that Gato, as he lives in Europe, was just getting the  prices for people who live in and book from Europe, so to get outside of that fold, I thought maybe cleaning the cookies out and turning off location identification software from his computer and/or smart phone might give him wider access to lower air fare prices. Sounds weird, but it can cost more to book from A to B when you book from A than it would if you booked A to B from B--especially if B is a lower country economically. They use location to their advantage.

You guys probably know that there are certain days and times that airfares are lowest. For me, on Eastern Standard (USA) time, it's typically after midnight on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for most international carriers. Once in a while, you'll get someone on the phone, who's working for  the airlines, who'll actually tell you the best times to call, and it varies from airline to airline.

Anyway--since when did my posts fit neatly into any one thread or have rhyme or reason?? LOL  ;D I'm just here for the popcorn!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats