It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Fresh Water Fishing - Pereira (road trip)  (Read 1507 times)

Offline papi

Fresh Water Fishing - Pereira (road trip)
« on: July 16, 2006, 11:50:05 PM »
Just got back from a quick jump up to Pereira. I actually was there a few years ago but was with a girl I was dating at the time from there over a weekend and really didn’t get a feel for fishing in a smaller pond.

My wingman and I took the express van from TAX CENTRAL company located at the Cali bus terminal. It is $COP22.000 each way. On arrival we stayed at the Hotel Dann Soratama – a really nice small hotel in the center of town at $COP80.000 per night including tax/breakfast.

The town itself is very pretty except for the slums on the way in. Paisas take a lot more pride in their community and the streets are clean and attractive with nice palms and plazas.

Anyway, of most importance to almost all of us here including me…the girls! Well, two-words…ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! However, and this is a big however, the notion that going to a small town is like shooting fish in a barrel with more gringo motivated chicas, at least in Pereira does not appear to be the case. In fact, quite the contrary especially at the well-attended discos, where one finds mostly young, uppity and pretentious yet gorgeous paisas.

If you are young, good-looking, and speak Spanish – it would be a great town to visit. Although, if you fit this description then you probably will be just as good off in South Beach. For us older fellows, I’d say you’d need to spend time there or go the agency type route running an ad in the paper or buying addresses. I can’t be bothered with agencies anymore and was glad to get back to Cali and hit the Tienda Vieja for their Sunday babeathon.

A side note- Periera is in the coffee region and the hotel brews up a fine cup of full-body java. And Ray...if you are reading this thumbs up on San Miguel

Soratama
096-335-8650
soratama@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:06:01 AM by papi »
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 139