It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why Do Guys Travel to BAQ?  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Why Do Guys Travel to BAQ?
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »
It seems like the vast majority of guys are traveling to two cities predominantly....Barranquilla and Medellin.

Seems like the only agency action whatsoever that is viable at this time is Jamie's. Is this the reason why guys are going to BAQ....because of his agency? Or are they going to BAQ for other reasons and his agency is the primary one there? The city itself is ugly and has a void of any real architecturally or culturally interesting attributes (besides Carnaval). Clearly no match for CTG or even Santa Marta IMO. And these places are as accessible as BAQ. The climate is horrendous. I currently live in one of the hottest places on the planet and it is no match for the level of sweating and discomfort that I experience while in BAQ. There are not very many decent hotels or infrastructure for foreign travelers. Not many English speaking folk at all.

From my viewpoint, it seems like people are going to BAQ specifically for Jamie's services and also because they have read or heard about so many success stories from guys who have gone to BAQ here on the forum or elsewhere. It is not entirely the women themselves, because the same "type" of woman can be met in both CTG and Santa Marta, in much more travel-friendly environs.

For me personally, my business partner is a Colombian guy from Bucaramanga. And after my divorce he encouraged me to travel to Colombia after I became discouraged with the poor prospects here in the States and Mexico. I made one trip to Cali and fell in love with the country (and women). But the thing that brought me to BAQ was a GQ article about a guy who had a disasterous trip to BAQ with Jamie's agency. A normal guy would say "I am not going to go there" but I did just the opposite. Because it sounded so intriguing. And the rest is history. (BTW, the guy from the GQ story eventually married the girl from BAQ and all is well...reportedly)

Medellin on the other hand, is such a beautiful city it is no wonder why people are traveling there.

Gato4Astrid

Re: Why Do Guys Travel to BAQ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06:21 AM »

article about a guy who had a disasterous trip to BAQ with Jamie's agency.

It depends on why he had a disasterous trip and why.   A certain person went to Jamies' Agency, but  he was very disappointed not to have sex with a lady.  Instead he went to see hookers!!   He flew home "empty" hand!

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »
I don't want to re-write the whole article for you, but you could probably do a search here on PL and find the info. It had nothing to do with Jamie's service. It was more that the guy was not thinking straight. But in the end all turned out well.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
I have traveled all over Colombia and Barranquilla is probably still my favorite city. I think it offers one of the best variety of naturally beautiful women in Colombia. I have not been to Medellin, but every girl I meet from there kind of looks the same. Lighter skin, long black hair, coke bottle body, Western European Facial Features (not that I'm complaining...I love every Paisa I ever met). In Bogota the women are pretty but are generally built like Mexican women (flat asses). They also tend to be taller which I REALLY don't like, but that's a personal preference. In Cali there are a nice variety of women to choose from but there are entirely too many plasticas. I saw more fake tits than real one's there...Pereira was the same. In Manizales a lot of the women I encountered were students and were not at all interested in building a relationship with a foreigner. Most of them were very serious about their studies. In Cartago and Neiva the girls are a little simple minded. I don't at all mean that as an insult but they have a very unpretentious paradigm of the world outside of Colombia and a lot of what they perceive as fact is absolutely not true. I seriously doubt women from towns like that could survive the complex and fast moving life in the United States.

Barranquilleras offer a nice combination of the best of what Colombia has to offer. There are very dark women and very light women there. They are curvy and have very sexy bodies, but are also usually relatively lean because they don't own cars or motorcycles and do a lot of walking. The bus system in Barranquilla also blows ass. You usually have to walk miles just to get to a bus that can take you where you need to go. I think Barranquilleras are also some of the decreasing number of Colombianas that are willing to marry a foreigner and leave. The city is probably one of the worst in teh country in terms of job opportunities and pay, so a lot of the girls want to explore opportunities away from home. Costeno men only make the situation worse for them. I have met good, devoted family men all over Colombia, but I am being 100% honest when I say I have never met a faithful Costeno. They all cheat. I don't care how attractive their wives or girlfriends are. They all feel its necessary to have sex if not full blown relationships on the side.

These are all generalizations (except for the Costenos cheating thing...they really do all cheat!), but even if Jamie's agency wasn't there, I think Barranquilla is a very good starting point for any man coming to Colombia to find love.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:48:20 AM by benjio »

Offline whitey

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
There are only two good things about Barranquilla: the people (more specifically the women, but I have some guy friends there too that are great to be around), and carnaval. 

That's it.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline benjio

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 12:26:46 PM »
I can't argue with Whitey or any other person that thinks that. La ciudad es una mierda verdadera...but for anyone that ever wants to see what's beaufitul about Barranquilla outside of the women, please let me know.

Offline whitey

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
I can't argue with Whitey or any other person that thinks that. La ciudad es una mierda verdadera...but for anyone that ever wants to see what's beaufitul about Barranquilla outside of the women, please let me know.

OK, I'll bite ... what else is beautiful about BAQ?  And don't say Soledad ... hahaha ;) 

I'm always looking for new things to see and do.  I still want to check out that spa you went to outside of town.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »
I think the best thing about BAQ (other than the women) is its proximity to two awesome cities of Cartagena and Santa Marta. Oh, it is also a great place to sleep. I don't know what it is there, but I have a very difficult time getting out of bed before Noon. (Maybe it is that I am usually in bed with a sweet honey bunny Barranquillera, but who knows.)

Offline benjio

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
LOL!!! Soledad es mas de una mierda que Quilla!!!

That spa was in Playa Mendoza...about 20-30 minutes away from Quilla. Gated community right next to the beach. Absolutely gorgeous....let me know when you want to take your wife out there and I'll let La Senora Mariana know you're coming. El Castillo de Salgar, La Dolce Vita Restuarant is really a sight...you should see the new building. The entire neighborhood of Villa Carolina..it is very beautiful. There's a nice park for kids there too. The only one in Barranquilla that doesn't look like a bomb hit it. You'd never know where it was if you didn't go looking for it. In Barrio El Bosque there is an elevated view of the city from it's highest point. At night is really something to behold. However, I would NOT recommend anyone going their if you're not with someone from there. It can be EXTREMELY dangerous. The town square of Puerto Colombia is also very nice when they clean it (about once a year). Some colonial style buildings and churches there. The beaches there are absolutely the worse in the world though!!! VERY dirty and polluted.

You have to search hard but Barranquilla has its spots.

Offline Colgando

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »
Your assessment makes sense to me AB.

Personally, I travel to coastal cities in the Caribbean and Latin America, just my thing, when I leave the country for a week or two, I want to be at the beach in that vibe, chillen. I will get to inland travels later on in life, hopefully.

For me, Jamie's is the only agency that I can see myself paying that kind of money too. Maybe there are others, out there, but for the most part, agencies seem to be a hustle to separate guys from their money, maybe I am wrong, just the impression I get. I do not know the success rates, but in total, I suspect there may be a small percentage of men that achieve their objectives, I could be wrong, just the vibe I get.

So, for me, if Jamie did not have an agency in BAQ, I would not have traveled there at this time. If there was not a reputable agency in Colombia at this time, I probably would not have traveled the way I did. I would try to find another way, through networking or until I land that dream international job that I am looking for. I am still young, so time is on my side.

So let mercy come and wash away, what I've done

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
" I have not been to Medellin, but every girl I meet from there kind of looks the same. Lighter skin, long black hair, coke bottle body, Western European Facial Features (not that I'm complaining...I love every Paisa I ever met)."

It sure sounded like you were complaining. That's the paisa type which I love!

Offline whitey

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 05:39:54 PM »
LOL!!! Soledad es mas de una mierda que Quilla!!!

That spa was in Playa Mendoza...about 20-30 minutes away from Quilla. Gated community right next to the beach. Absolutely gorgeous....let me know when you want to take your wife out there and I'll let La Senora Mariana know you're coming. El Castillo de Salgar, La Dolce Vita Restuarant is really a sight...you should see the new building. The entire neighborhood of Villa Carolina..it is very beautiful. There's a nice park for kids there too. The only one in Barranquilla that doesn't look like a bomb hit it. You'd never know where it was if you didn't go looking for it. In Barrio El Bosque there is an elevated view of the city from it's highest point. At night is really something to behold. However, I would NOT recommend anyone going their if you're not with someone from there. It can be EXTREMELY dangerous. The town square of Puerto Colombia is also very nice when they clean it (about once a year). Some colonial style buildings and churches there. The beaches there are absolutely the worse in the world though!!! VERY dirty and polluted.

You have to search hard but Barranquilla has its spots.

Thanks Benjio!  OK, Villa Carolina is on my list now ... will ask Nazly about it tonight.

I doubt she will let me anywhere near Barrio el Bosque ... seems to me we passed near it on the way back from Santa Marta (it's near Soledad, no?).  Two Colombian guys from Bogota asked to be let out of the puerta-a-puerta at a taxi stand near there, and Nazly was worried for their safety and wondering why they would be going there.

It's a shame about the park system in Barranquilla ... about the only decent one I've seen is Parque Washington.  You can tell that many of the parks where large and very nice at one point in time, but like you said, most look like a bomb has just gone off.

BTW, if you haven't been to Quilla in the last 6 months, the new Transmetro bus system is excellent.  It's modelled after the Transmilenio in Bogota.  They are also building a similar system in Cartagena now.

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
The beaches there are absolutely the worse in the world though!!! VERY dirty and polluted.
Agreed. It is awfull. I spent a New Years Day there one time...you can imagine. However I´m really not parcial to any of the beaches I´ve visited on the north coast and that includes Cartagena, Parque Tayrona, Taganga, Santa Marta/Rodadero and even Riohacha. My favorits are at Isla Providencia or just about anywhere on the Pacific coast or Golfo De Urabá.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
I think men like BAQ because it is easy to get in and out of. It is a short flight from Miami. The city is laid out well I think and there are concentrated places to enjoy IE Discos, Bars, Restaurants and Shopping with no more then a 5-10 minute cab ride. It is safe compared to other cities in Colombia and the women while they are known  nationwide for being very Ditsy, they are also very sweet and with less materialistic drama as other parts of the country. I enjoyed all of my trips to BAQ, I think maybe 10 times more or less, and never had any issues. The beaches suck but so do all of them in Colombia except for the parque near santa marta, islas rosarios and the peninsula that has playa blanca. But overall, a great city that I enjoyed a lot
KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »
Your assessment makes sense to me AB.

Personally, I travel to coastal cities in the Caribbean and Latin America, just my thing, when I leave the country for a week or two, I want to be at the beach in that vibe, chillen. I will get to inland travels later on in life, hopefully.

For me, Jamie's is the only agency that I can see myself paying that kind of money too. Maybe there are others, out there, but for the most part, agencies seem to be a hustle to separate guys from their money, maybe I am wrong, just the impression I get. I do not know the success rates, but in total, I suspect there may be a small percentage of men that achieve their objectives, I could be wrong, just the vibe I get.

So, for me, if Jamie did not have an agency in BAQ, I would not have traveled there at this time. If there was not a reputable agency in Colombia at this time, I probably would not have traveled the way I did. I would try to find another way, through networking or until I land that dream international job that I am looking for. I am still young, so time is on my side.

Amazing that Jamie the D-Head is still in Biz giving his wonderful personality, there just not must be many options left in Colombia like when i started in 2000 going there. That being said, all the competition is gone, and he does hook people up, so I guess that is a good thing. his business model is fine and would work anywhere else, his disposition is not however and most other Latin countries and other cities in Colombia I have been to would not put up with a boss such as him, thus say in MDE, the Paisas would tell him to go FFFFF himself :o

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Colgando

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »

Amazing that Jamie the D-Head is still in Biz giving his wonderful personality, there just not must be many options left in Colombia like when i started in 2000 going there. That being said, all the competition is gone, and he does hook people up, so I guess that is a good thing. his business model is fine and would work anywhere else, his disposition is not however and most other Latin countries and other cities in Colombia I have been to would not put up with a boss such as him, thus say in MDE, the Paisas would tell him to go FFFFF himself :o

KB

I hear you, to me, it seems necessary for him to be like that. My personality would be a complete disaster trying to run an introductions business, especially one in Colombia. Gotta deal with a bunch of BS, incompetence, different kind of men, Colombian women, almost takes someone like Jamie to be successful at that business over the long-term, doesn't make many friends along the way I imagine, but I suspect one of his goals is not making friends with his business. You know us Americans, we care about results and receiving good value for our money, so as long as he keeps doing that, he should be fine. Interesting the competition seems to have declined significantly since 2000, but Jamie is still making money. Sure, if I was interested in having a new Facebook friend in Jamie, that would be the wrong place to go for that.

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
I hear you, to me, it seems necessary for him to be like that. My personality would be a complete disaster trying to run an introductions business, especially one in Colombia. Gotta deal with a bunch of BS, incompetence, different kind of men, Colombian women, almost takes someone like Jamie to be successful at that business over the long-term, doesn't make many friends along the way I imagine, but I suspect one of his goals is not making friends with his business. You know us Americans, we care about results and receiving good value for our money, so as long as he keeps doing that, he should be fine. Interesting the competition seems to have declined significantly since 2000, but Jamie is still making money. Sure, if I was interested in having a new Facebook friend in Jamie, that would be the wrong place to go for that.

Exactly why he should just stay out and not expand, he has not the skills to deal outside of BAQ.i say this with respect for him not losing his $$ because I personally do not like the guy at all and if he went belly up, fine with me, but he makes $$ where he is at and my advise to him would be to stay there, he could not operate with his personality outside of BAQ

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »
Exactly why he should just stay out and not expand, he has not the skills to deal outside of BAQ.i say this with respect for him not losing his $$ because I personally do not like the guy at all and if he went belly up, fine with me, but he makes $$ where he is at and my advise to him would be to stay there, he could not operate with his personality outside of BAQ

KB

Wow man! What happened between you guys? I almost would like to see him roll the dice in MDE or BOG. Like a science project or a gambling event. I would put cash on it that he would do even better in MDE or BOG than he does in BAQ. He provides a top notch service in most cases according to the reports here on the forum. His biggest complaints are with the lack of professional career women, older women, and with having flakey women on his site. He would have a huge pool of older, career women to enlist into his ranks in other cities.   

Offline JimD

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
Wouldn´t think he´d have to expand anywhere past the love fest here on Planet-Love. How much money has he made off the guys on this board?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:05:47 PM by JimD »
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Alabama

I have my reasons to why I think this way. if you want to PM  me, I am most happy to tell you why.

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Colgando

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »
Wouldn´t think he´d have to expand anywhere past the love fest here on Planet-Love. How much money has he made off the guys this board?

He has made far more money from people that do not post here. The overwhelming majority of people who go there do not post here based on the volume of people that go there compared to the people that post here, that I have read anyways in the archives and current active posters.

The posters here are the smaller part of his revenue stream from what I can see.

I like to watch the haters hate, I have my fair share of haters, so it amuses me to see the haters hate. No worries though.   :o

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »
He has a good Biz but I just do not think he could do well in other parts of Colombia. I went to Colombian Sweethearts and the owner there was a hardass just like Jamie and still pulling his hair out. multiple locations do not do good for guys with Jamies personality

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
Wouldn´t think he´d have to expand anywhere past the love fest here on Planet-Love. How much money has he made off the guys this board?
I am sure he has earned quite a bit of money from guys who post here, because more often than not he has come through with the service he advertises. And that is something pretty rare in the US, let alone Colombia.

Even most of the guys I have heard of that have had poor outcomes at his place, usually admit at the end they did not follow his advice and that they were the primary reason for the bad results.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
It seems like the vast majority of guys are traveling to two cities predominantly....Barranquilla and Medellin.

actually, their are a lot of guys that go to Cali, Bogota, Malizales, Cartagena Pereria, Buccamangara and many that go to other countries, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico, they just don't bother to post on here. i know many guys who strictly go to Cali and Bogota. Cali, for the hot women and party life, Bogota, for the more upscale night life and more serious/  business like women.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »

Why do guys travel to BAQ? Maybe it's for the Crepes Y Waffles.....

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 178