It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Pssst...  (Read 12268 times)

Offline YEP

Pssst...
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 01:58:30 AM »
Quote from: LP
Kind of off topic but....

It's a long story. In a former life I was an industrial engineer with a background in process control systems design. Nuclear power process control is considered by many to be the pinnacle of that discipline so my interest in Cherno goes back to before my involvement in MOB. I visited the zone years ago after my first trip to Ukraine and thought that was the end of it. It wasn't. After being exposed to the people and culture my interest grew beyond the technical details of the accident and so I kept going back. The more I studied the more I realized how complex a story Chernobyl really is.

I've since spent a great deal of time exploring the zone of alienation over the years and although one can find many photos there is very little in the way of video. In my travels I've filmed everything from interviews with zone residents and administrators, inside the station, rural areas, wildife, plus hours of exploring Pripyat, the company town of 50,000 that was abandoned three days after the accident. I've become aquainted with many former residents and am frequently asked to represent their viewpoint to those unknowledgable but interested in the town and it's short but sad history.

Turns out there is a lot of interest. Since a great deal about Cherno is filled with myth and misconception I've given everything from high school talks to television interviews on my wanderings and, since people seem fascinated by what the place really looks like, my footage has been used by many organizations.

With the 20th anniversary of the accident approaching there has been increased awareness so last year I began working with a filmaker who was born near Gomel but emigrated to the USA as a child. Her story is both one of personal discovery and an attempt to educate people about an event much of the world has forgotten. She and the crew are over there as I write this. It's their first trip and was arranged with my help. I would've love to gone but it's too cold and besides, I've pretty much seen all there is to see.

I'm not aware how much you really "know" about Cherno but unless you've put in a great deal of effort most if it is probably wrong. It's a very complex subject, one involving politics, money, ignorance, fear, bad science, on and on. For example take the charities. Their hearts are in the right place but their methods have long been questionable. The so called "health trips" your sweetie's sister was involved with are but the tip of the iceberg.

The bottom line is the charities distort the issue for their own gain, as does the Ukrainian government. So do many other organizations from GreenPeace on down. They'll say and do just about anything to promote their "cause", which is often little more than keeping the money flowing. The film Chernobyl Heart was a good example of such a distortion. It'd be amusing if it wasn't 95% bunk. Not that the kids being helped can't use the assistance, just that in the overwhelming majority of cases their problems are not connected to the accident in any way.

Lastly, what I've done gave me an excuse to visit Ukraine often, something that would've be problematic otherwise.

I think it's ........ ON TOPIC as it's a brick in the big puzzle of information & things that in some wired way/form shaped the person you met in Ukraine (Belarus for me )

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Pssst...
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 10:30:23 AM »
LP
Black skin on polar bears makes sense in one way to absorb the heat but is odd in the fact that it blocks all the vitamin d from entering the body. I guess the sun is fairly relentless in the artic at times and relects off the ice so plenty can get through regardless of skin color.  Very interesting how nature works.   Another interesting fact is they can eat up to 165LBS at one time.  About the same amount as many american mens wives. :!:

Messing around with the 19 year old was a fluke but she had me going for a day or so.  :D It is best I just weed out the youngens and avoid the whole scene next time.  I am best suited for a woman somewhere above 22.  

I have many faults but am aware of what they are and one of them is not ignorance of myself.  I think the likelihood of me get a thrashing from my woman is not very probable.  Really man you do not know me and my ability to see it coming and NOT ignore the red flags.  :shock:  There are some incredible pros that may pull it off but I like my odds of avoiding this landmine.  I am my own worst enemy and I will make or break a marriage and that is where the risk lies.    

In regards to your trouncing a few months back. This not so little old “lightweight” can pack a mean left cross when provoked so don’t feel so bad about it old fella. If ya get into enough fights eventually your number does come up but you live to fight another day.

My 3 chows were always one of many highlights in my day.   If that is what your are referring to as a “Hole in my Sole” than yes there is a little one but I ain’t plugging it with a woman. There is no plug for holes I do believe you can build around them though.
 I think ya just pull many of your comments out of your ass and hope they apply. I knew Hannible Lector I served with him, and LP you are no Hannible Lector.   :wink:    

Your old buddy
Fathertime
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline LP

Pssst...
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »
It's not all ass pulling. If you'd been in this as long as I have you'd know how easy most MOB guys are to read. And yeah, I realize you're a unique individual....just like every one else. Understand?.

OK, fair nuff. After persuing some of your posts on the Latin side I may have underestimated you a bit. As for self awareness you seem to be missing the obvious: that you're trying to import a woman you perceive as "better", from among a pool looking to escape poverty, with all the hassles and risk it entails, and believe the "reward" justifies it, is itself an indication something may be amiss. It's certainly an indication you're not the average joe.

As I said in another post MOB men haven't stumbled on a secret of marital success that the rest of the world is unaware of. That they actually think they have speaks volumes about rationalization.What powers this endeavor isn't about the women, it's about the men, and by your own observation many aren't operating on all cylinders. And those observed are but the tip of the iceberg.

But not you of course, you're as normal as they come and everything you're doing makes perfect sense, regardless of the outcome. Hey, I'm convinced ;). Anyway, good luck with it.
Actual consumer instructions: On an airline package of nuts: "Open packet, eat nuts."

Planet-Love.com

Pssst...
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »

Offline fathertime

Pssst...
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 03:03:40 PM »
LP,  
Interesting post in how your mind works.  Some of what you say may actually be helpful.  :wink: Your analysis of the MOB man is lacking a distinction I want to point out.  You are implying a link between “Average Joe” & “Operating on all Cylinders” as a unified package.  I do not. :idea:
I am far from an “Average Joe” very far from the mean in that respect.  Despite this I feel I am operating on all cylinders quite well.  Many might disagree but that would be their problem.  I love my life as is and how I think/hope it will be.  :?:  

I would think the MOB market would be full of both 1) Iconoclasts 2) People not playing with a full deck. It makes sense that MOB is far outside the comfort zone of “Regular Joes”.  NOT…Funny thing is it is the average Joe that I have the issue with GENERALLY.  Often I am seeing “they” are the dishonest weasels that are willing to say what it takes to get laid. “They” are the ones willing to exploit and abuse the small position of power they have for once in their life.  â€œThey have the false power but not the inhibition not to abuse it.  â€œThese” are the dangerous ones. “They” think “they” are wolves but the wolf will not bite when his weaker rival exposes his neck.  These are the “ones” I do not like.  :twisted:  

As for me I do believe that this is a worthwhile endeavor.  This is no secret to marital success but for the right type of person this is the best option by far.  Understand? 8)

So here is a direct query to you.  Are you normal? Are you a “Regular Joe” Are you a unique individual like the rest of us?  Do you abuse a small measure of power when you have it? :?:

Your Buddy
Old Fathertime
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline LP

Pssst...
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 07:16:58 PM »
It was a total waste so why leave it.....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:32:18 PM by LP »
Actual consumer instructions: On an airline package of nuts: "Open packet, eat nuts."

Offline fathertime

Pssst...
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 08:37:17 PM »
Old LP,
I wish there was more in what you said that was helpful or true.   I saw a lot of personal insults again which serve no use.  What you refuse to see is that all your premises are inaccurate, but you are unable to believe that.  Yes I am not interested in pursuing a woman here in the US.  I will give you that one.  I am busy with other things and uninterested in meeting women at home unless they fall right in front of me.  What is the problem with that?.  I want to have a woman that motivates me only by looking at her.  You say it can’t last.  I believe it can.  I believe you are right in the case of LP in that it would not last for you BUT for me it has a good chance.  

These statements are false and are what you have based your judgment upon.  
1. Large hole in my heart.  Not true
2. I am extremely lonely Not really but I think things could be better. Sometimes I ask myself why bother life is pretty good
3  I am living in denial.  No denial I can be an ass.
4. Looking for a trophy.  I want beauty but a trophy is ridiculous Frankly If I could take my kids and wife to a farm in Oklahoma I would.  The way I see it I am going to take loads of crap from people around me like your giving me now.  

Accurate premise is

Reason for doing this is start a family anew and do it better this time round?  What the Christ is wrong with that man.  What on earth is your problem?  
My belief still is that I am crossing paths with women in Colombia that will make excellent wives. The right one will be Mrs. Fathertime if I choose wisely it will last a long, long time.  

If you overanalyze like this regularly than you are driving everyone nuts around you.  Especially since you are so quick to think the very worst in people.  I suppose I appreciate your thoughts on the matter but I they are way off target.

Seems like we are just not going to see eye to eye on this.

Your old buddy
Fathertime
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline LP

Pssst...
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 09:30:02 PM »
Quote from: fathertime
Yes I am not interested in pursuing a woman here in the US.  I will give you that one. I am busy with other things and uninterested in meeting women at home unless they fall right in front of me.  I want to have a woman that motivates me only by looking at her.

You didn't answer the question about why only those countries. Sounds like denial to me.

You're uninterested in meeting a woman at home unless they fall in front of you yet you'll go to these other lengths? That makes a lot of sense. You want a woman who motivates you only by looking at her? Yikes. You're in for a heap of trouble boy.

We're not going to see eye to eye is right so lets just call it a day. Keep us abreast on how it's going is all I ask. It's what makes life interesting around here.

Offline fathertime

Pssst...
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 09:58:44 PM »
Any comment I make is obviously pointless. So why bother.  Always looking for possible words of wisdom anywhere they can be found. Seems we are from different tribes and speak in different tongues all I see is off-base accusations.  :roll:

Old Fathertime
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline LP

Pssst...
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 10:48:21 PM »
Sigh....look Sport, I've told you what I think. Do with it what you will.

The absolute bottom line is it's your life and you have every right to run it as you see fit. No one has the right to tell another how and where he should look for happiness. I'm only pointing out that you've involved yourself in something that is looked down upon by the general population in every country involved and, if you thought about it at all, you'd see it's justified and why. If you're able to accept being associated with it, fine. If you feel the effort, expense, risk, hassle, ect are the correct path for you, fine. In my opinion it's a tough and completely unnecessary road to travel in order to get where you want to go but it's entirely your call. Good luck.

Offline Patrick

Copyright infringement?
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »
Quote from: LP
...hole in your soul...

Wait a second, wasn't I was the originator of that phrase in reference to the need some guys are trying to fill through marriage to a MOB years ago on PL?  Where's my royalty?

Offline Patrick

Pssst...
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »
I must be getting old.  I did a search over there for "hole soul" and the only poster who's name came up was... LP.  Apparently you own the copyright to that one.

Offline LP

Pssst...
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
Now Patricius (http://*Unapproved Link*.com/a9tya), don't be tryin' a steal my thunder ;)

If you've used it in the past I wasn't aware but you're certainly free to now. It's the least I can do for your putting up with me all these years. And you're right, it's about as accurate a description as one gets for what imho most, not some, MOB types suffer from...on both sides of the equation.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345