It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back to Isla Providencia  (Read 586 times)

Offline buencamino

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Back to Isla Providencia
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »
Going back to Isla Providencia at the end of the month with my noviacita. It’s a four night package but of course the first and last day are taken up by travel so we’ll have only three full days there. I like to stay at Cabañas El Recreo because it’s the only lodging on the island with beach front. This will be my fifth visit and her first. The itinerary I like to follow is first day take the island tour in lancha. You leave at ten am and the first stop is el muelle (the dock) and el centro (nothing to that really) There are almost always one or two US sailboats anchored in the bay. Popular destination for US sailing set. Next you go to my favorite place, a rocky outcrop of an island surrounded by spectacular Caribbean fish in shallows you can walk in so good for beginners. After a few hours there and some coco locos it’s on to another rock island where the skipper claps loudly to scare the Frigatebirds off their nests and get them in the air. (Probably not deleterious to the nestlings with no gulls around). Then on around the island with a stop at the longest beach for pescado y arroz con coco at one of several  beachfront  restaurants. .... 

Day two rent a moto and head to Playa Manzanito always deserted and perfect for nude beach photos if she’s so inclined. Last day  Have “El Hippie” take you out for the whole day to the best snorkeling areas around the island.  ... 

Today I took her to a private swimming pool in Cali and taught how to use fins, mask and snorkel. Looks like we’re all set
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:52:47 PM by buencamino »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864