It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: This Forums as Dead as ts ever been  (Read 18829 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: This Forums as Dead as ts ever been
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 06:42:41 AM »

What are you saying exactly?  Your writing skills are seriously lacking.

When did I say anything about "Colombiana likes this"?  Once again, genius, the question I asked was how did uc come to the conclusion that "Colombian women aren't offended by men making sexual advances towards them"?  I simply asked him to give me an example of where he made a "sexual advance" or he witnessed someone else do so and the Colombian woman did not get offended.  Why is that question so hard to answer?

He has yet to come up with one single answer or example.  All he's been able to do is hurl childish insults.

And how is "Colombianas going to a disco and getting hit on by every barrio boy in the place" any different from women in US/Canada going to a bar/disco and getting hit on by every guy in the place?  THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON THEY GO TO DISCOS, TO GET HIT ON BY GUYS.  Expat you don't even go to discos and if you did you'd undoubtedly be by far the creepiest guy in the whole place.  And you know I'm 100% right.

You keep referring to me as a "troll" but I challenge you to quote me anywhere trolling.  All I do is speak the truth and most of these emotional little girls here get their panties in a wad and can't handle the truth.  It's not my fault.  It doesn't mean I'm trolling.

Here we go with the childish insults again.LOL :P

I would only be the creepiest guy in the disco if you weren't there. In  case you were ther, I would be the second creepiest guy. Even if I was 95 years old with a Colostomy bag  LOL

If you cant make posts without insulting people (and "troll" is a pretty weak insult, and in your case 100%true), dont bother responding, Okay? Pretty simple, isnt it? Or your Granny didnt teach you that yet? Take a Dale Carnegie course.

If you want to delete the insults and respond again like a normal, sane, respectful  human being, I ill respond. Otherwise Back on "Ignore" (like everyone else does with you) Mr. village idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bhDJxEPRDek#t=6
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:40:05 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 06:52:07 AM »

Either you didn't read our original exchange of posts or your reading and comprehension skills are seriously lacking.  What "debate" are you referring to?  I never tried to initiate any debate.  I simply asked uc how he came to the conclusion regarding Colombian women and sexual advances.

If he's such a "busy man with family obligations" then why does he have time to make childish petty insults, but he doesn't have time to answer the clear and direct questions I asked him?  Can you explain that expat, and actually put some thought into what you post for a change?

Did you take up boxing because you got beat up a lot in Junior hIgh or something?

Eres muy Chicanero...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:40:35 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline ralphmalph

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »
Elex said:
This Forums is as dead as its ever been.

Yes it is.
What with the constant forum trolling and the past accusations of members being nothing more than shill identities of past members who have been "booted" from this website it is not surprising. 

I am familiar with one certain member being accused of having an alternative identity of a long banished member with nothing more than the unfounded accusation of one longstanding member here, who will remain nameless to protect his shame about his hasty judgment.

The person you accused was not a shill or alternate identity of your nemesis. Get over it.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »

Offline Fuzzyone

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
Elex said:
Yes it is.
What with the constant forum trolling and the past accusations of members being nothing more than shill identities of past members who have been "booted" from this website it is not surprising. 

I am familiar with one certain member being accused of having an alternative identity of a long banished member with nothing more than the unfounded accusation of one longstanding member here, who will remain nameless to protect his shame about his hasty judgment.

The person you accused was not a shill or alternate identity of your nemesis. Get over it.

Look at the pot calling the kettle black...... and who were you before you got booted before?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 06:10:20 PM »
Elex said:
Yes it is.

Your post is like Mother Russia..an Enigma within a puzzle within a riddle... :)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »
It's pretty clear who it is. About as transparent as cast iron. And just as dense.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 04:06:02 PM »
awful lot of arguing going on when you can just look at this site visually and see how out of date it is. A forum can't work without moderation, but at the same time it's almost like talking about basketball before the 3 point line was invented.

I've already did my colbert/ray impression regarding moderation, so I can't knock anyone complaining about the modding around here. But still...
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2016, 06:41:22 PM »
awful lot of arguing going on when you can just look at this site visually and see how out of date it is. A forum can't work without moderation, but at the same time it's almost like talking about basketball before the 3 point line was invented.

I've already did my colbert/ray impression regarding moderation, so I can't knock anyone complaining about the modding around here. But still...

Umm, was there some kind of point in there, cryptic one?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 04:30:38 PM »
Umm, was there some kind of point in there, cryptic one?

My main point would just be that this site has not evolved and has become young people repellent for the most part. America is obese, guys are looking for better option, but the 18 to 34 aren't turning to this place.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 05:51:19 PM »
18 t0 34 was never the age group this site was directed to. Almost no one in that range has anywhere near the money to travel around South America wife hunting much less the where with all to complete what has now become an extreemly expensive endevor if you want to take a Latin American woman with or with out kids to live in the US. From the get go it has been an adventure for the forty and up crowd. However even that is no longer the point. The point now is who's even looking? The only poster who comes to my mind is Hectar Lavoe. The rest have already gotten thier wives/kids to the US or are happily ensconced right here in Colombia with our honeys. So for much of the time nowadays that leaves some long winded but ocasionaly interesting posts by Robert (guilty myself too), Awesom's feisty bickering and Expat's invetererate need to post...anything but post.

I dunno...not so bad...and can be enternaining. But if Dan-the-ban-man style moderation returned the forum would become a posterless wasteland overnight.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:50:31 PM by buencamino3 »
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »

My main point would just be that this site has not evolved and has become young people repellent for the most part. America is obese, guys are looking for better option, but the 18 to 34 aren't turning to this place.
Nor would they look for any place similar. Going overseas to look for women is for old men or losers.
How old are you BCC?
Who are you calling fat anyway?

Offline Calipro

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 10:20:29 PM »

Going overseas to look for women is for old men or losers.

I have seen more young foreign men in Medellin Colombia than at any time in my almost 20 years of traveling to Colombia. They are all over lleras in groups of 3 to 15 on the weekends.

Of course they are open to and looking for pussy ...they just aren't interested in marrying someone they don't know or just met. jajaja

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 05:07:37 AM »

I have seen more young foreign men in Medellin Colombia than at any time in my almost 20 years of traveling to Colombia. They are all over lleras in groups of 3 to 15 on the weekends.

Of course they are open to and looking for pussy ...they just aren't interested in marrying someone they don't know or just met. jajaja

Good point.. but they did not go down there specifically for that..and certainly not to pick up a mail order bride..LOL..

They would be open to pussy, and  the young female backpackers open to ooking up with a local..or other backpacker.

When I was in my 30s, I was married to a  fat (or soon to be fat) gringa, (Canadiensa actually)concentrating on my career, and the idea of going to Colombia of all places would be like going to Iraq for a vacation now.
I lived in Florida for a time when the Medellin  cartel was running amok in Miami.

The young backpacker types have a lot more options now-a-days..then it was Europe or maybe Morocco, not much more, at least in the Western Hemisphere.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:19:13 AM by Elexpatriado »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 05:07:37 AM »

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »

Any guy 18-34 who is looking for a wife overseas has to be a special class of loser.

For the older guys it's totally understandable since young hot American women want A LOT of money to marry an older guy, usually, but if you're 18-34 and you can't get a decent chick then you're a totally hopeless loser.  You can't even used the excuse that you're looking abroad because you prefer latina women since there are millions of latin women already living in this country.

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 09:45:43 AM »
I couldn't agree more. The reason for TLC, for the agencies of yore or those that still exist and for a site like this is that  forty and up men have a good shot at a much prettier, much younger woman in Latin America than they would have a snowball's chance in Hell of hooking up with up in the US. Talk of Latin culture and values is agency propaganda. Men like young pretty girls. It is the natural order of things and it's silly to try to talk around it. At age 34 the absolute last thing that would have entered my head would be travel out of the country  to look for a girlfried. I was completely inundated right there in the US of A. 
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 07:17:21 AM »

Any guy 18-34 who is looking for a wife overseas has to be a special class of loser.

For the older guys it's totally understandable since young hot American women want A LOT of money to marry an older guy, usually, but if you're 18-34 and you can't get a decent chick then you're a totally hopeless loser.  You can't even used the excuse that you're looking abroad because you prefer latina women since there are millions of latin women already living in this country.
And as 40 somethings are presented as the sexist women on TV 50 becomes the new 30 socially in the US those of us who made sites like this one 15 years ago are now entering middle and senior ages and the new classes of 40 year olds are not coming in to fill the gaps as they would rather watch a vlog on YouTube and comment there.

With greater global communications many also see a world culture forming and reject the ideal that the regional distinctions that their elders talk about will form a difference in their lives, leaving just instruction in immigration paperwork and laws being sought.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »
If the forum is dying it's becasue the same topics keep getting rehashed over and over again. Colombian women, the age gape, income. You can damn near find the answered on Y! Answers.Couple that w/ the fact that members here are seemingly only interested in going to Colombia..

Oh yea and the crappy site code that randomly makes sentences in 2pt font

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2016, 11:19:49 PM »
You look at a lot of the guys on the Cupid sites, so many of them look like pervs, nerds, skin heads, sketchy looking motorcycle dudes, chronic losers and sickly dudes running out of time, gangster wannabees, etc. We can probably show that by and large we're different and in good ways.

Unfortunately that describes a large portion of American Men these days.  None of them want to discuss possible pitfalls and how to navigate a relationship, foreign or otherwise.  All they care about is what they are entitled to and not much else.  This is one of the reasons the site has fallen in favor.

Having said that the sentiment conveyed in this thread that the website needs a complete makeover, design and moderation wise, is a great idea.  This might bring new members and most importantly they might stay here because they are not getting trolled out.  There still is a percentage of good guys out there. And Planet-love could get active again.

Relatively speaking this website was never hugely popular.  There was always a nice core of people who always contributed.  So it's definitely not outside the realm of possibility that this could happen again.  Just don't feed the trolls.   
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
Unfortunately that describes a large portion of American Men these days.  None of them want to discuss possible pitfalls and how to navigate a relationship, foreign or otherwise.  All they care about is what they are entitled to and not much else.  This is one of the reasons the site has fallen in favor.

Having said that the sentiment conveyed in this thread that the website needs a complete makeover, design and moderation wise, is a great idea.  This might bring new members and most importantly they might stay here because they are not getting trolled out.  There still is a percentage of good guys out there. And Planet-love could get active again.

Relatively speaking this website was never hugely popular.  There was always a nice core of people who always contributed.  So it's definitely not outside the realm of possibility that this could happen again.  Just don't feed the trolls.   

Your lucky, you aren't in the russianwomendiscussions site (spin-off from this site) as almost all the discussions are all about politics lol

Offline John W

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 12:35:51 AM »
I have to give Planet Love credit for outlasting all the other sites-gringos.com, worldlovecollege, Caligringo, and Poor But Happy (although PBH was a travel site.)  I have never been on Colombian Connections, so I do not know about that site. All the sites suffered major hacks at one time or another.  The banner ads on the right side of this site have been the same for a couple years, haven't they?  This site may not even be bringing in any revenue.  Thanks to whoever is putting in the time and money to keep it running.  Not what it used to be, but it is still around.   

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 05:08:35 AM »
I have to give Planet Love credit for outlasting all the other sites-gringos.com, worldlovecollege, Caligringo, and Poor But Happy (although PBH was a travel site.)  I have never been on Colombian Connections, so I do not know about that site. All the sites suffered major hacks at one time or another.  The banner ads on the right side of this site have been the same for a couple years, haven't they?  This site may not even be bringing in any revenue.  Thanks to whoever is putting in the time and money to keep it running.  Not what it used to be, but it is still around.

Hear hear!
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Cherub

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 08:00:22 AM »

Gringos.com and PoorButHappy.com were both brought down by excessive, brutish trolling that was becoming overwhelming and even criminal.
Neither site was comparable to Planet-Love. Gringos.com and PBH were about the whole range of issues that expats, especially men looking for a girlfriend, deal with around the world, with a lot of emphasis on Colombia in particular.

Planet-Love was more focused on finding a wife. It started out to be a world-wide venue for men looking for a wife and how to bring her home when you found her. The tenor here was very different and more focused than on the other sites.
Most of the attention on PL now is focused on Philippines and Colombia. Probably because these two countries offer the best opportunities for gringos to meet girls.

I´ve lived in Colombia a lot of years and married and settled down here, but I do from time to time look at other parts of the world to see if the grass might be greener, and quite frankly it is not. I just yesterday happened on a new web site for Americans and I did a search for ages 30 to 50, which is the age range I would search in Colombia if I were still looking. I was absolutely appalled at the number of American women that were utterly unattractive, primarily because of being fat/obese and obviously out of shape physically.

On that site there were 20 members per page and on each page I might see one or two that I would be interested in starting a conversation. Comparatively, on the Colombian Cupid page I would see 10 out of 20 that I would want to start a conversation with. Probably 4 out of 20 on the Colombian Cupid site would be considered chubby, still acceptable to me if other characteristics matched mine, but, in Colombia only 2 out of 20 would be considered fat/obese.

I guess I´m particularly fastidious about the weight issue because I´m an ex-fat man who changed his life dramatically by going from obese to normal in one year of proper diet and exercise. I´m also an ex-smoker. I can´t help preaching to people about their filthy habits of smoking and overeating and under exercising.

The Colombian Connections site you mentioned is the direct outgrowth of PBH. Most of the active, posting members (there are about a dozen of them) are also moderators who survived the PBH aftermath. They do not tolerate any form of trolling and they do not tolerate discussion about a range of topics that could be considered hot buttons, like where is the best city in Colombia to get laid without strings attached. Most discussions on CoConn are about culture and world politics and quite frankly not very interesting.

There is another forum called Expat Exchange that is populated by a range of persons living in or interested in living in a foreign country. There are forums for a hundred countries at least through the Expat Exchange. Most of the discussions on the Colombian Expat Exchange are about how to visit, how to move here, how to retire here, how to live here, how to work here, lots of how to stuff, but almost nothing about how to meet a wife here.

That´s why Planet Love has always been valuable to me because I came to Colombia to find a wife and take her back to the US and I was very successful in the first part, but not the second. As it turns out, it is simpler, cheaper, more relaxing-less stressful, to just stay here full time. With the money I save because of the much lower cost of living I am able to visit the US and get my fix of Ben and Jerry´s and pulled pork barbecue and Pastrami on Bulky Roll and so on. I go to the US to visit often enough that it keeps from ever wanting to live there again.

I think there are MANY more gringos coming to Colombia now than ever before. In the city where I live we have a loosely knit group of expats that meets for lunch and our little group is expanding quickly. When I joined a couple years ago there were a dozen or so, now there are at least a hundred.
Part of that has to do with the improving economy in the US giving gringos more discretionary income than in the years following the 2007 Great Recession. Another part has to do with the improving security situation in Colombia. It´s been a long time since a gringo was kidnapped and chained to a tree in the jungle and held for ransom.

Why Colombia? The reasons haven´t changed. Attractive and accessible women that have an open acceptability and approachability and have not yet discovered militant feminism, low cost of living, relaxed lifestyle, excellent climate.

More and more gringos are being attracted to Colombia for these reasons and these same gringos should be prime candidates for joining and participating on Planet Love. This is their kind of place and they should be welcomed here. I think the reasons why this increasing number of gringos is not joining and posting on Planet-Love is because of the last few years of attack posts and outright trolling that have been going on here. When a potential newbie reads what is being posted here they are either intimidated and don´t join or they are turned off by the negativity and continual harping from the troll(s).

I came on board P-L about 2007 under a different name and I read posts daily about the kind of life I saw other guys living and I wanted to do that too. I wanted to be married to a young, sexy woman who would treat me like a king and I could take care of her and treat her like my queen. There were lots of guys doing that in those days and they posted lots of good stuff that I learned a lot from those guys.

Thing started changing on P-L about late 2011 when Dan bought the site and into early 2012 when a couple of posters began to act like over zealous, mean cops. Every post, especially by a newbie, got ripped apart and treated like it was garbage and outright lies.

Some of the posters I remember being particularly vociferous were long time members like Researcher and Fathertime and Ray. They seemed to tag team newbies and insult and intimidate to a point where fewer and fewer newbies posted. These self appointed cops  seemed to resent anyone who came in with what they considered stupid or redundant questions and always treated newbies as if they were competition. A lot of their harassment's were just plain trolling. Topped off with the latest troll who has systematically gone after each and every poster here. Except he has never attacked Fathertime. Hmmmm, I wonder about that.

I changed my screen name around 2012 to get away from a couple trollers that were just becoming unbearable. At the time I looked around for another forum that would have value for me, but found none similar to Planet Love. I joined Gringos and PBH and a few others but they were just not informative about the topic I was most interested in, How To Find a Wife in Colombia.

I´m sad that P-L has strayed so far from where it once was. Some other members have talked with me about this and some of these members say the big change had to do with the new owner Dan when he took over the site in 2011 and started to enforce rules haphazardly, banning good members and letting bad members continue to harass people.

Whatever happened to cause this demise, I´m sorry for it. The site was very valuable to me and I made some good friends here and I learned a lot about how other guys were being successful.

But, in my opinion, the reason the site is so weakly populated now is because newbies were immediately discouraged from posting, and because the intimidators were allowed, seemingly even enabled, to continue their harassment unimpeded.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 08:41:28 AM »

. A lot of their harassment's were just plain trolling. Topped off with the latest troll who has systematically gone after each and every poster here. Except he has never attacked Fathertime. Hmmmm, I wonder about that.

What exactly do you wonder?  I don't know Awesome personally, my impression he was once Htown, and is from the Houston area.  Do you think he is an alias of mine or something?  I assure you that isn't the case. I'm not sure why you may think he would feel the need to criticize what I've written, but i'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

My impression is the same as what someone else mentioned regarding Youtube, and other outlets.  For a lot of people they don't feel they need this resource.  It is also tough to navigate with the 4 pages and blocked feature. 

I can recall in 2005 people were speaking of the death of PL, yet it is still in existence, with the occasional story being written. 

Fathertime!

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 08:41:28 AM »

Offline Cherub

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »
Fathertime, do you think there is a reason why you are one of the half dozen left out of more than 5,000 who used to belong here and post here? Is it possible that your prosecutorial interrogations of everyone who posts anything you don´t like has them leaving in discouragement and disgust? There was a reason we used to call you Dan´s hitman, the sheriff of planet love.

What puzzles me is why you didn´t sign in, as Fathertime, for two months. Then, the very day Awesome and AndyLee and maybe others we don´t yet know about got banned you suddenly reappeared. Just a coincidence, I´m sure.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:33 AM »

What puzzles me is why you didn´t sign in, as Fathertime, for two months. Then, the very day Awesome and AndyLee and maybe others we don´t yet know about got banned you suddenly reappeared. Just a coincidence, I´m sure.

Until you just mentioned it, I didn't have any idea Andylee and Awesome are banned...is that actually the case?

It seems you think there is some sort of conspiracy I'm involved with regarding Awesome and/or Andy Lee.  I don't know what you are talking about. I don't have anything against either of them actually, and like reading their stories.   

Whatever your theory is, I'd like to read a bit more of it for entertainment purposes. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats