Forum > Asian -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Agencies

(1/8) > >>

Jim Scott:
Hey guys, my name is Jim.  I'm getting divorced, new to this and would like your advice.  I've looked around the web and found International Introductions in Barranquilla (Jamie) that looks legit.  I'll probably sign up w that, but first : Do any of you have experience with other Latin American agencies (preferably Mexican) that are legit ?

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Jim Scott on August 06, 2015, 12:16:21 PM ---Hey guys, my name is Jim.  I'm getting divorced, new to this and would like your advice.  I've looked around the web and found International Introductions in Barranquilla (Jamie) that looks legit.  I'll probably sign up w that, but first : Do any of you have experience with other Latin American agencies (preferably Mexican) that are legit ?

--- End quote ---

Overall, Jamie's seems to get pretty good reviews here, with a number of success stories--wives won and marriages with staying power, but it's increasingly hard to find agencies that are running nearly as well as in previous years. He sounds like a straight shooter and most stories I recall where guys ended up with women who didn't turn out to be the best matches, Jamie was usually really straight up beforehand, warning them, but they didn't listen.

Take your time--this isn't a cornbread recipe, that's for sure.

It's smart, as you're doing, to research first, because too many agencies inflate their numbers with girls who really aren't available and haven't been for years, some will send you teaser letters from 'women' who you'll never see--just like anything, there are scams going on.

Using communication technology and social networking networks effectively can really help you out, but if you've been married a while and are coming off that, you might need to brush up in that realm, I don't know. I know I would, as I'm just catching onto things like Viber, Whatsapp, Skype etc. I don't even do facebook, because I can't stand things like people  who have to post pictures of every fancy meal, or materialistic thing they've acquired--I'd be tearing into them and causing discord.

bcc_1_2:

--- Quote from: Jim Scott on August 06, 2015, 12:16:21 PM ---Hey guys, my name is Jim.  I'm getting divorced, new to this and would like your advice.  I've looked around the web and found International Introductions in Barranquilla (Jamie) that looks legit.  I'll probably sign up w that, but first : Do any of you have experience with other Latin American agencies (preferably Mexican) that are legit ?

--- End quote ---

There is no big legit agency in Mexico. Tijuana does have a small one. Your best bet with Mexico is to pick an interior city and do some newspaper advertising. I'd even hire a local guide of sorts that's bilingual if you are serious. They can even do some recruiting for you. Pay them the local going rate plus a nice bonus if they can deliver some single women. All they gotta do is stand outside a major employer and hand out fliers. 

utopiacowboy:
If you are not very well acquainted with Mexico and speak Spanish, I think you are asking for trouble. Of course I could say the same thing about Colombia.

Jim Scott:

Utopia, you're right : I'm on a risky journey.   I don't know much Spanish (learning more) and ain't familiar w Mexico.  Could spell trouble, but I like it.  So Bcc's point is right on : a legit, trustworthy local guide would mitigate that deficiency.  I could probably hook up with one through a good hotel.  Then local newspaper ads and flyers at factories.   I can see that, Bcc, and it could be a blast.

I'm likely to try Jamie first, though.  Robert confirmed his good rap.  He looks higher probability than the alternatives. I've got about a month before I book this.  In the meantime, Robert, a hasty technology brush-up.  You stand as the goal : a man who can, but doesn't, use Facebook!

Thank you, guys.  Each of you gave me something to ponder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version