Forum > Asian -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Aloha from Dallas!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tanuki:
Crum - Wish you the best of luck with the search.  I also used DateInAsia to find the woman I am now married too.  Just got to take it easy and don't just jump for the eye candy! 

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Crum1515 on November 09, 2013, 12:02:20 PM ---
The only site I am on at this time is DateInAsia.com - been a few days and the messages and such are pouring in, just taking my time and being smart haha.  Already had someone ask me for money.  You have any other social networking or dating venues that you recommend?

Thank you for the welcome!

--- End quote ---

Just came across this list, which includes some reviews. Not really sure how objective the reviews are, if they're driven by shall we say 'cash incentives' or what.

http://filipino-dating-websites.no1reviews.com/

Filipinacupid.com (they have similar 'cupid' operations in other parts of the world) and Cherryblossoms.com are probably the biggest and most well known.

With 'big', it can get a little mind blowing, especially at first, as in many cases hundreds of women, many of them very pretty, are contacting you--really pursuing you. It can go to a guy's head pretty fast, causing a guy to focus more on just how pretty, how 'hot' the gal's profile pictures are. In doing so, you can miss out on women who might only post one photo, and maybe that picture/s really aren't of high quality. Some choose not to have a picture at all.

So in other words, it's easy to get blinded by beauty and miss out on some real quality ladies. I was introduced to my Filipina wife by another Filipina,who was living in Vermont. She sent me some pictures and they weren't flattering, but we started chatting anyway. Then I saw her on cam I thought "OMG--too young, too cute---no way!" Then I realized she actually is one of those people, who besides being slim and petite, has genetics that make her look about half her actual age and yet she was (is) quite mature and not some vain, light weight cutie pie. So initial impressions can be deceiving--for good and bad alike.

Some of the sites have features that let you separate the newest profiles from the rest and sometimes that can help you find a really nice girl before some other guys latch onto her.

But once again, it can get overwhelming and can 'go to you head' pretty easily, as a lot of what seem like 'perfect tens' are declaring you as their 'favorite' and maybe even giving you an inflated idea of just how great a catch you are, so try not to get overwhelmed!

You can also Google to look for free websites for meeting Filipinas and I've heard some positive things about some of them. I Googled 'Best free Filipina personal ad sites' and this is what I got: >>About 2,850,000 results (0.36 seconds)<<

As you might gather, while it can be a lot of fun overall and hopefully rewarding in the end, there's a lot of separating the 'wheat from the chafe' so to speak, in the process!

Crum1515:

--- Quote from: Tanuki on November 09, 2013, 09:57:31 PM ---Crum - Wish you the best of luck with the search.  I also used DateInAsia to find the woman I am now married too.  Just got to take it easy and don't just jump for the eye candy!

--- End quote ---
I am really liking DateInAsia - the amount of outreach to me has been astounding.  About 99% of them I just delete though for various red flag reasons.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Crum1515:

--- Quote from: robert angel on November 09, 2013, 10:55:29 PM ---
With 'big', it can get a little mind blowing, especially at first, as in many cases hundreds of women, many of them very pretty, are contacting you--really pursuing you. It can go to a guy's head pretty fast, causing a guy to focus more on just how pretty, how 'hot' the gal's profile pictures are. In doing so, you can miss out on women who might only post one photo, and maybe that picture/s really aren't of high quality. Some choose not to have a picture at all.

So in other words, it's easy to get blinded by beauty and miss out on some real quality ladies. I was introduced to my Filipina wife by another Filipina,who was living in Vermont. She sent me some pictures and they weren't flattering, but we started chatting anyway. Then I saw her on cam I thought "OMG--too young, too cute---no way!" Then I realized she actually is one of those people, who besides being slim and petite, has genetics that make her look about half her actual age and yet she was (is) quite mature and not some vain, light weight cutie pie. So initial impressions can be deceiving--for good and bad alike.

But once again, it can get overwhelming and can 'go to you head' pretty easily, as a lot of what seem like 'perfect tens' are declaring you as their 'favorite' and maybe even giving you an inflated idea of just how great a catch you are, so try not to get overwhelmed!

As you might gather, while it can be a lot of fun overall and hopefully rewarding in the end, there's a lot of separating the 'wheat from the chafe' so to speak, in the process!

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I am vary careful about not being blinded by the glamour haha.  Thank you for the tips and insight.  I am committed to the long slow win, not going to jump onto the first girl so to speak haha... unless she's the one.

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Crum1515 on November 08, 2013, 06:11:11 PM ---Hello everyone, I have been a light browser for a while now, just now deciding to take the step from dabble to serious pursuit.  I am 30 and living in Dallas working as a network engineer.  Fortunately I am not a Dallas native, I hail from the great land of Seattle (GO HAWKS!).
I have lived all over the world, and in my travels fell in love with the Asian culture as a whole, and travel to Philippines and China for pleasure every once in a great while.  I have nothing but time on my hands and hope to meet, court, and marry a wonderful woman.
I see that this site is not super active but none the less I have found so much great information ranging from inspiring stories to great tips and advice.  Thanks you in advance for everything!

--- End quote ---

Heyo Crum,
Narrowing down the field of prospects yet? Maybe you're just 'dabbling'--getting your feet wet and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But if you're entering the 'process of elimination' and thinking of who to see live and where to visit, once you get below 30 women , you're getting somewhere. At twenty, it's still pretty hairy juggling time, web cams and such--pretty shallow really. Get to ten and each one becomes more in depth and intense. Thereabouts, you really have to look long and hard, trying not to let looks alone be the primary deciding factor. You get down to five and they typically each know they're in the 'final five' and some may issue you ultimatums that you 'commit or desist'.

Oh, the agony and the ecstasy!! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version