It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Life and death in the USA  (Read 1196 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Re: Life and death in the USA
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-life-expectancy-declined-for-third-year-in-a-row-2019-11

I see fat kids out playing in the neighborhood. We have 3rd grade girls, children--wearing bras. Kids grow faster, taller and fatter and not as healthy as kids in some other countries. Hormones and other artificial ingredients are in almost all the common foods. 

It's way beyond the Twinkies we used to joke about 'not being sure what the filling is", but maybe "Wonderbread" was the 1st food of this ilk that I recall as a kid, although the TV dinners were probably full of glop, I'll bet

Food has just gotten a lot more freaky, be it called 'enrichment' or whatever, but often it comes down to money. Profit. Food supply often comes down to a few big corporations. And as bad as the artificial ingredients are, wait and see what they're doing with genetic engineering of seed, animal food sources etc

Perhaps the biggest 'cheap out' and the food "crime of the century" is high fructose corn syrup, which basically replaced sugar. I used to suck down Walmart's Dr. Pepper knock off 'Dr Thunder" so much that a friend gave me that nickname.

We try and est better--to eat 'clean'--but it isn't totally easy and it is more expensive.

We used to call Whole Foods "whole paycheck"--but while they drastically lowered a lot of prices recently, they do charge more than the mainstream chains. 'Organic' costs more.

But way beyond soda pop, high fructose corn syrup goes into things you'd never expect--even baby formula

If a Doctor was to write you a medical prescription for you to be obese, have diabetes and heart disease, it would include "A diet high in high fructose syrup". But it boils down to big money winning and the govt avoiding dealing with yet another health issue.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/why-high-fructose-corn-syrup-is-bad

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 06:58:20 PM »

I see fat kids out playing in the neighborhood. We have 3rd grade girls, children--wearing bras. Kids grow faster, taller and fatter and not as healthy as kids in some other countries. Hormones and other artificial ingredients are in almost all the common foods. 

It's way beyond the Twinkies we used to joke about 'not being sure what the filling is", but maybe "Wonderbread" was the 1st food of this ilk that I recall as a kid, although the TV dinners were probably full of glop, I'll bet

Food has just gotten a lot more freaky, be it called 'enrichment' or whatever, but often it comes down to money. Profit. Food supply often comes down to a few big corporations. And as bad as the artificial ingredients are, wait and see what they're doing with genetic engineering of seed, animal food sources etc

Perhaps the biggest 'cheap out' and the food "crime of the century" is high fructose corn syrup, which basically replaced sugar. I used to suck down Walmart's Dr. Pepper knock off 'Dr Thunder" so much that a friend gave me that nickname.

We try and est better--to eat 'clean'--but it isn't totally easy and it is more expensive.

We used to call Whole Foods "whole paycheck"--but while they drastically lowered a lot of prices recently, they do charge more than the mainstream chains. 'Organic' costs more.

But way beyond soda pop, high fructose corn syrup goes into things you'd never expect--even baby formula

If a Doctor was to write you a medical prescription for you to be obese, have diabetes and heart disease, it would include "A diet high in high fructose syrup". But it boils down to big money winning and the govt avoiding dealing with yet another health issue.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/why-high-fructose-corn-syrup-is-bad
With tablets and TV it's hard to get kids active. Sad...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 08:18:23 PM »
With tablets and TV it's hard to get kids active. Sad...

I would LOVE being 'sent to my room' as 'punishment' in today's world!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300