Forum > Asian -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Newbie With a Few Questions

(1/9) > >>

gc29576:
Hi to All and THANKS for such a GREAT forum,

I'll start this off by telling you a little about my background and where I want to end up, hopefully living happily ever after if there is such a thing for me.

So I'm mid fifties, was married for 20 plus years, divorced and have had a few relationships after the divorce but nothing really worth taking another plunge into marriage for.

I've ALWAYS had a thing for Asian women and feel they truly are the most beautiful women on earth both inside and out, (especially Filipinos) and thought that I would go on a quest to see what I could find out about dating and perhaps even marrying again. After scouring everything that I can read on the internet it seems almost impossible for a Filipino woman to visit state side (US) without a commitment of marriage via Fiance Visa. What happens to all that time that you are using chatting, getting to know each other, visiting her in the Philippines, getting emotionally involved with her and possibly her family then asking her to marry you, FINALLY getting a Fiance Visa so she can visit state side only to find out she absolutely hates the US and doesn't want to live here. Is that possible? Has that happened? This is my biggest fear. I just can't go down that path and have my emotions crushed. I'm sure that they all say that want to live in the US but saying it and actually doing it are two different things.

Would it make more sense for ME to concentrate my search in the countries that are on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)? Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. I do understand that this is ONLY side stepping the Fiance Visa and who's to say that the very thing I fear wouldn't happen with a woman from Japan. Bring her here for a visit and she hates the US. But it would take less time to find out if living in the US is an issue with her and certainly a whole lot less government hoops to jump through.

Has anybody tried this service http://www.tma-marriage.com/  It is in planet-love.com's link resources so I'm "ASSuming" that it is a reputable service. Seems a little pricey but if it helps cutting down on the scammers I'm game.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
George

Gato4Astrid:

--- Quote from: gc29576 on February 22, 2014, 09:48:54 PM ---
she can visit state side only to find out she absolutely hates the US and doesn't want to live here. Is that possible?

--- End quote ---

Yes anything is possible I'm afraid, but it doesn't mean all these ladies will hate US. It is down to each individual.

My ex-girlfriend (my last gf) is from Italy.  She moved to England last October to live with her sister & brother-in-law.  Now, she is still living there, but she doesn't like living here and will go back to Italy.   It is the first reason why she broke up with me !!!   She moved to England because she wanted to change her life which isn't working.    The problem is really her attitude!   While living in England, she kept on  and on about "Italy"   ITALY THIS, ITALY THAT !!  Even her sister and brother-in-law told me that she never dreamt of moving to England. 

She wanted me to change into Italian style - Italian clothing, Italian hair..... so on
When bringing up any subjects, she kept on "We don't do that in Italy".   One of the subjects, I told her that she has to wear car seat belt even when she sat in the back, because of law.  She refused, and told me "We don't wear it in Italy"  on and on.    She did not want to learn English - really too lazy.

To get to the point, if your lady is similar to my ex-gf, better to move on.   

I am not an expert on Filippino ladies, but others will tell you........

Ray:
Welcome aboard George!

You're over-worrying about stuff that might go wrong.

The only Filipinas that I've known who didn't like it here in the States found out that they married a jerk after they got here.

Filipinos are among the most adaptable people on earth, so don't worry about them not liking it here and running back home.

So what part of the States do you live in?

Ray

gc29576:
Thanks for the replies guys. I suppose you are correct Ray, over thinking and over worrying about things that are out of my control anyway. I just gotta roll with it and see what happens. If worse comes to worse, early retirement and a move to the Philippines isn't out of the question as long as I like it there.

I live just outside of Myrtle Beach SC. Been here since my divorce in 2005 and really love the area and the climate. Very short winters here with long hot summers, couldn't ask for anything more.

George

Bob_S:

--- Quote from: gc29576 on February 23, 2014, 03:47:26 PM ---I live just outside of Myrtle Beach SC.
--- End quote ---
It's hard to imagine a Pinay NOT loving coastal South Carolina, especially if you have enough room in your backyard for a garden.  The climate will remind her of home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version