It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?  (Read 25088 times)

Offline Canadian Guy

Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »
Well right now I am in Brazil. And I am hearing stories from women about what there ex-husbands or boyfriends have done to them.

Some of them have been beaten until they are in the hospital, raped and had guns to their heads. I just can not under stand why the men do these things.

My girlfriend has been beaten until she was hospitalized and her father did the same thing to her mother. Do they think this is normal?

They are some of the most caring romantic, hardworking women in the world. They will do anything to please their man or spouse. But the men still cheat and do acts of violence on them.

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
Not all latinos in SA beat women.  But I think that sexual infidelity after marriage in SA is rampant, probably well more then 90% acrss all economic classes.

Why?  Here ar emy opinions and that is all they are, just opinions. 

Some of it is the machismo culture and reguading sex with women as a proof of manhood. I think that a lot of American guys go through this, usually in our 20s, but we grow out of it, until some of us go to SA and then we turn into kids again! 

Some of it is that many SA men are spoiled when they are raised.  And they know they can get away with more.

Som of it is that there is no comprehensive body of law in SA countries that protect the rights of women and financial support for children. Many posters on this board complain about the effects of the feminist revolution in the US, nothing like it has happeend in SA.

Having said all of that, we know the positives of the latina and it is why we travel to Colombia, or Brazil or Peru, or CR or wherever.  But this treatment by men of women has also produced significant deviations in the "latina personality" that revolve around issues of trust, abuse and abandonment.

When we experience "flaky" behavior from latinas, sometimes it is their pasts, and sometimes it is a combination of their pasts and our actions.

Dennis

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »
In one sentence: Because they can.

No, I am NOT condoning those types of acts, just pointing out the obvious.  In many places the domestic violence laws are weak and/or unenforced and many of the women are much more financially dependent on the man than in the US and Canada. Doesn't make it right nor give them the right to hurt them, but it does unfortunately give the power. Let me repeat that I don't condone those acts.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »
Violence seems much more acceptable in Brazil period, not just DV. I was explaining some of our laws about assault to a Brazilian girl, and she was like "if the laws were like that here, the streets would be empty." Americans, despite our reputation, are pretty peaceful people.

Also, guys are taught visiting prostitutes is fine. That leads to a certain objectification of women, and gives guys an easy, available alternative to their girlfriend.

Offline Henry

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
Just look how well we treat our women up here and how much they walk all over us.  :o

I used to love her,...

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
Just look how well we treat our women up here and how much they walk all over us.  :o

I used to love her,...

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin..."

Ok, OK! I'll quit! This guy is just too easy!  ;D
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline utopiacowboy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:21:45 PM »
My wife would have liked to marry a Colombiano after her husband died but few Colombian men are interested in an older widow with children. At least not for marriage. A lot of it has to do with the women and their poor economic situation - they put up with a lot because they don't have many choices. Among my wife's other six siblings, I do not know of any of the men who cheat on their wives or abuse them.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »

I used to love her,...

Henry,  Is that quote from the Gun N Roses song that I think it is from?

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bp

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »
not to threadjack, but:

My wife would have liked to marry a Colombiano after her husband died...

This seems to convey the idea that AMs are LWs second choice for partners. What is your (or any other AMs) response to this?

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 01:57:24 AM »
not to threadjack, but:

This seems to convey the idea that AMs are LWs second choice for partners. What is your (or any other AMs) response to this?

After living in the latin culture for a while and getting to know alot of people I think that LWs want good partners....just like us AMs.I've seen so many latin men mistreat their wives and girlfriends so much that I can understand why they(LWs) choose AMs.I guess there are some LWs who would choose a latin man but the majority that I've known would take an AM for first choice.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 02:01:03 AM »

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin..."

Ok, OK! I'll quit! This guy is just too easy!  ;D

;D jajajaja...good one Soltero
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline michaelb

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 02:08:28 AM »

Fathertime!

Well, I aint saying Guns N Roses didn't cover it (because they may well have, they certainly covered "Dead Flowers") but it's from "It's All Over Now" by the Rolling Stones-from 1964.

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:08:55 AM »
not to threadjack, but:

Regardless of the situation, whether good or bad, the majority of the herd wants what is familiar over anything else. That is true the world over. There are always only a few individuals considering the whole that choose to want anything different from what the masses are having.
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:08:55 AM »

Offline raycjs

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
When i was speaking to my girl about this subject here is what she told me. She told me that it is very normal for the husband to work and support the family and for the wife not to ask questions when her husband does not come home or is out with his friends all this means is that he has 1 or 2 girls friends. The wife does not say much because he is supporting her and the children. The LA women i believe care more about there children and there well being then there LA man. I was also told that it is very normal for a LA man to slap his wife around.... My girl gets a wopping $ 50.00 a month for child support and if he does not pay she says it is not worth the effort to fight him. She also tells me that most of the men in Colombia until the age of 50 all they want to do is party and have sex with as many women as they can. She also tells me that 90% of the LA women want to find a good man that wants to be a family man and not party all the time. She also told me that going out and partting every once in a while is fine but not all the time. She tells me that is why the American guy can travel to Colombia and find some of the best women in the world and they will fall in love just because most of us where raised where are mother where respected and loved  and not abused. i we respect women. Again this is only my girls opinion

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline Canadian Guy

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »
My girl gets a wopping $ 50.00 a month for child support and if he does not pay she says it is not worth the effort to fight him.

She also tells me that 90% of the LA women want to find a good man that wants to be a family man and not party all the time.

Ray

My Girlfriend tells me that she feels sad for her daughters father is not in her life. I told her for what he has done to both of them he does not have any right to be in any part their life.

We have only gone out dancing drinking once in the last week . Everynight we go to another friends or families house for supper.

Everyone here wants to meet me.. Kind of strange but it is a good time.

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
Regardless of the situation, whether good or bad, the majority of the herd wants what is familiar over anything else. That is true the world over. There are always only a few individuals considering the whole that choose to want anything different from what the masses are having.
Yep, just like an FW is rarely an AM's first choice. You have to be convinced there's a better option before you discard what is normal.

Offline bp

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:33 AM »
Yep, just like an FW is rarely an AM's first choice. You have to be convinced there's a better option before you discard what is normal.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to get at. I guess I was a little vague with my question. Opting to pursue a LW/AM is a big step for everyone involved, and I am curious about what goes into making that step when most people don't. Actually, I this is going to tie into a post I have planned for (hopefully) later today.

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to get at. I guess I was a little vague with my question. Opting to pursue a LW/AM is a big step for everyone involved, and I am curious about what goes into making that step when most people don't. Actually, I this is going to tie into a post I have planned for (hopefully) later today.
Does it really seem that complicated?

There are a lot of variations on the story, but for AM it seems to go something like this: AM is introduced to the idea of FW (a friend's wife, a vacation, studying/working abroad, an immigrant); AM decides he likes the qualities of a certain culture's women (he may have requirements for a woman that deviate from the norm for his own culture, he may have had bad luck in his own culture, basically he feels his odds are better of finding the type of woman he wants over there); AM looks into different ways of meeting FW (work abroad? reads forums, maybe meet over the internet?); AM hopefully finds a good FW and gets married.

I imagine the same is true for FW. Maybe their sister met an American guy, or they have a good experience with an AM who's on vacation, they've watched a lot of American movies and like the guys in them...something to pique their curiosity. They learn more about AM and become convinced their odds are better with an AM than their own culture. They look for ways to meet AM for marriage (agency, online?). They meet and eventually marry an AM.

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »

Canadian guy:

Not strange at all. Your girl may be showing you off, but also and I hope its the real motivation, she is showing you her life and what is most important to her, her friends and family.

As long as you are getting some private time with your girl, it is much more important then going dancing...unless you are not serious about her. 

But, If you are serious about her, then keep smiling, enjoy the hospitality given to you and tell the hostesses: eres una cocina fantastica!

Dennis .

Offline Canadian Guy

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »
Canadian guy:

Not strange at all. Your girl may be showing you off, but also and I hope its the real motivation, she is showing you her life and what is most important to her, her friends and family.

As long as you are getting some private time with your girl, it is much more important then going dancing...unless you are not serious about her. 

But, If you are serious about her, then keep smiling, enjoy the hospitality given to you and tell the hostesses: eres una cocina fantastica!

Dennis .

I guess that I am not used to the attention.

We are both having such a good time I am planning my next trip here in September to see her.

Offline Henry

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 06:43:01 PM »

Fathertime!

Who?

All I was saying is, look how well we treat our women and how much they actually hate us for it. You'd think since we uplifted them to the highest status a human being could attain in this life that they'd be the most appreciative of us and treat us like Kings in return.

Yet you have guys in Russia, Latin America and Muslim countries who treat their women like crap, yet their women love them for it and make the absolute best wives, and not out of fear either. 

I asked the same question as the thread starter: "What gives?"

And of course the sinister mind of haters are going to interpret such statements in the worst way possible, kind of like the person you told your lifestory to, who say fit to put a negative spin on everything to try to ruin your rep, all because they are miserable people who fail to realize we live in a community.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:11:30 PM by Henry »

Offline zoomastermo

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »
Who?

All I was saying is, look how well we treat our women and how much they actually hate us for it. You'd think since we uplifted them to the highest status a human being could attain in this life that they'd be the most appreciative of us and treat us like Kings in return.

Yet you have guys in Russia, Latin America and Muslim countries who treat their women like crap, yet their women love them for it and make the absolute best wives, and not out of fear either. 

I asked the same question as the thread starter: "What gives?" It's a very valid question. Is there some sort of inverse relationship at work here?

Henry,
In my opinion it is not a matter of AW hating AM.  I think it is a matter of taking us for granted.  When a person gets comfortable in a pattern or routine it is easy to take someone else for granted.  As far as that goes, AM are guilty of that as well.  Society also plays a role.  In response to your question, again I mention society.  In other cultures the women are raised and taught to treat men with respect, love, and admiration no matter what the situation.  That is just their society.  It is also one reason we find LW so enticing, to have a woman treat us with the love and respect we show them. 
My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis.

Offline Henry

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »
Henry,
In my opinion it is not a matter of AW hating AM.  I think it is a matter of taking us for granted.  When a person gets comfortable in a pattern or routine it is easy to take someone else for granted.  As far as that goes, AM are guilty of that as well.  Society also plays a role.  In response to your question, again I mention society.  In other cultures the women are raised and taught to treat men with respect, love, and admiration no matter what the situation.  That is just their society.  It is also one reason we find LW so enticing, to have a woman treat us with the love and respect we show them. 
Then maybe it is a matter of degree. I figure if you love someone you wouldnt take them for granted continuously and repeatedly. Of course we are all human, but part of that is recognizing our flaws and trying to correct them. I doubt that you'd have acknowledgment in AWs that they have flaws at all, much less ones in need of correcting.

But I stand by my point that they do hate us. I wont try to cite any examples because people believe what they want to believe. But I find even among western women, AWs are the most argumentative, angry, unappreciative, self-serving of the entire bunch (perhaps with Canadian and English women tying).

Even women in the feminist strong-hold of Sweden arent as bad as AWs.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 02:48:23 AM »
no doubt a significant percentage of European-American women hate men. Google finds 929,000 hits on "women hate men" search critieria.  Once again, Henry nails it. 

DayTrader

sources:

www.ihatemen.com

How The Women's Movement Taught Women to Hate Men
By Erin Pizzey, founder of the modern women's shelter movement

http://fathersforlife.org/pizzey/how_women_were_taught_to_hate_men.htm

this one is sad, funny and unfortunately very commonly heard; from "yahoo answers"

Why do women hate men?

in general women like it when men look stupid and in turn they look more intelligent men try to be nice to women while women sing songs about men are *** holes and stuff i mean men had the power and they decided to let women in n door before them and pull out their chairs for them women and women take it for granted i think we should be equel and respect should be erned you cant expect to be respected just because your female
let me give you an example if i bring out a movie ''5 reasons why guys are *** holes'' all the women will want to watch it and men might act like they think its funy or maby they will find it funy but if i release a movie 5 reasons why women are b-i-tches the women will flip and theyll never watch it
i even had a girl that asked me why are guys such *** holes?
what the hell i am the nicest guy shes ever met in her life probably i told her because women are such b-itches she cried and her mother shaton my head and my dad told me i should respect women more  (exactly what Marc Rudov says...men are trained to 'bend over' for women!)

source:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080410020335AAEclwl
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline william3rd

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 07:13:43 AM »
Soooo- did all of our mothers just spring from the earth or were they all imported. They are american women, too. And how about our sisters? Was there somehow divine intervention or maybe they were all raised by wolves?

American women are just sooo bad and the attendent statements-Latin men are all soo bad beating their women and having sex with any female in striking distance, Russian men are all drunks and philanderers. American men are sooo wonderful.

Raised by the same mothers and fathers who raised their siblings of the other sex, instilling the same value system. How do we explain this factor?

Or is it just the opinion of a very small sampling of those who want to search outside their own caste and culture?

Keep in mind that I havent dated an American in 20 years.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864