It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Waiting on Her Visa Suuuuucks!  (Read 17791 times)

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Waiting on Her Visa Suuuuucks!
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »
Closed on the new house on Monday. It's beautiful...  but very empty. I sold or donated most of my furniture. I bought bedroom furniture a few months ago to be used in the downstairs guest bedroom. I'm using that bedroom and bathroom until she gets here. I don't want to sleep in our bedroom or use the master shower/tub without her. Waiting for her to get here before we buy any furniture or decorations.

Good call.

Sounds like the wait is almost over ... hang in there!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
Finally got word from USCIS that our case was accepted...  for real this time.

Our former lawyer and I/we agreed to part ways about 2 weeks ago. THAT was a very satisfying experience. She was such a smug bitch.

The trip to Peru was a lot of fun. The first night after landing, we met her friends at a club in Miraflores called Bizarro. At one point in the night, I was standing facing my girl who was leaning against the bar. While, I had my back to the dance floor, I feel someone grab a handful of my left ass cheek. I turned to look and some chick takes another step or two, stops and looks back at me and smiles! Lol. I was very surprised by the boldness (My girl didn't realize that she had grabbed my ass until I told her after we left).  There were a few hot chicks at that club and several above average chicks for anyone wanting to know.

Lunahuana was a cool place to spend a few days. It's about 1 1/2 to 2 hours south and then 1 hour east into the mountains from Lima. It's a lush, green river valley between arid mountains. We rode horses, 4 wheelers, hiked near some Inca ruins and did some whitewater rafting. The only negative was these small, quick mosquitos that ate us up the first night. Thought I was gonna end up with malaria or yellow fever. Lol! It was a good place to relax and have some fun. I wouldn't recommend more than 3 days there though. We did everything there was to do there.

The trip was good for the relationship. 6 1/2 months is a long time apart. We had some serious throw downs in the bedroom, obviously...  Great for tension relief! We had breakfast with her mom and dad when we got back to Lima. I spoke to her dad in my simple Spanish about the visa stuff taking too long. He was cool about it and said that he understood. Her family was great and was very happy to see me. I really like her brother-in-law and her sister. We hung out with them on 2 separate nights. Her B-I-L speaks perfect English from his time living in the US. He is kind of my 'inside guy' that looks out for me with her family. My girl's English has improved a lot. We had very few problems communicating this time. It was funny because a few times at restaurants, she answered the waiter back in English without thinking. Jaja. Guess that shows that she's thinking in English sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's advice. We are in the home stretch of the visa process now and everything is great. We're both excited for her arrival here soon...

Sounds great. The visa process can be a pain. Once you finally jump thru all the hoops it is worth it in the end.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
Sounds great. The visa process can be a pain. Once you finally jump thru all the hoops it is worth it in the end.

It sure is. It all takes work and I'm glad that my wife 'rolled up her sleeves' and helped with all the paper work, kept a close eye on timelines, appts, etc. I've seen some couples where neither of them paid close attention and as a result, got into messes--green card, adjustment of status, etc. 

I'm just lucky that she's better at all that than me. Her mind and my money went together well!  :P  It can be such a pain that I think it's only fair that the lady pulls some of the load that the whole process entails, as it makes the success all the sweeter when you both did it together. I realize if  her English is next to nil, it's a lot harder for her to help out.

One of the sweetest moments was when my wife was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen. To her and I, that was kind of like the cherry on top that finished a sweet ice cream sundae--one that took a LOT of time and work to make. (and a good amount of money)

A while later, we went to her country's Embassy in Washington D.C. (with some nations you can do it at regional offices or in other ways) and obtained 'dual citizenship'--the USA and for her native country as well, which enabled us to buy a modest home there and not be penalized nearly as much as if my white cracker, USA born and raised a$$ tried to do myself.

So in a way, she's achieved two dreams in one--and over time, she's moved up career wise, working hard to help make our dreams come true.

You all CAN do it! (get on zee plane, boys....)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:57:51 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats