It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Always something New with the Colombia Culture  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Always something New with the Colombia Culture
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:22:01 AM »
A couple days ago I was sitting in the reception in my apartment waiting for a Taxi and  I see this strikingly houot"Tetona" (Stacked) chica with this average looking (Short) Colombian guy.

I kinda thought she was a prepago.

When they left, I asked the Vigilante (security guard) wh these people were.

"Shes a prepago" he said.

I said oh, yeah and whs the guy, her gay friend?

"No its her husband."

Your kidding me? I said. You mean ex Prepago?

He said, "no, shes still working"

"Well then what, he is kind of her Pimp? Living of the proceeds?"

"No he has his own sucsessful business"

"I dont believe it, why cant the guy at least support her, how does he feel sharing her with multiple other men, isnt he scared of diseases? What kind of a man is that? Is that supposed to be love? The guy is not a real man."

He replied with a straight face "No pasa nada" (Meaning "no big deal")

I wonder if he was "mimando gallo" (Pulling my leg)? He seemed to have a straight face.

If it is true , it really shows you how depraved and  low some people are in Colombia just for the sake of Money.

I really felt disgusted and sad after this. I still am. Hope the vigilante was "mimando gallo"

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:24:49 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Always something New with the Colombia Culture
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »
A couple days ago I was sitting in the reception in my apartment waiting for a Taxi and  I see this strikingly houot"Tetona" (Stacked) chica with this average looking (Short) Colombian guy.

I kinda thought she was a prepago.

When they left, I asked the Vigilante (security guard) wh these people were.

"Shes a prepago" he said.

I said oh, yeah and whs the guy, her gay friend?

"No its her husband."

Your kidding me? I said. You mean ex Prepago?

He said, "no, shes still working"

"Well then what, he is kind of her Pimp? Living of the proceeds?"

"No he has his own sucsessful business"

"I dont believe it, why cant the guy at least support her, how does he feel sharing her with multiple other men, isnt he scared of diseases? What kind of a man is that? Is that supposed to be love? The guy is not a real man."

He replied with a straight face "No pasa nada" (Meaning "no big deal")

I wonder if he was "mimando gallo" (Pulling my leg)? He seemed to have a straight face.

If it is true , it really shows you how depraved and  low some people are in Colombia just for the sake of Money.

I really felt disgusted and sad after this. I still am. Hope the vigilante was "mimando gallo"

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »
Well an ex girlfriend of mine told me she had a girlfriend who worked in a "casa". Said she was very successful, had a moto and was buying a house. I asked her if her prostituta friend had a novio. She said yes and I said how is that with her doing what she does? Her answer: this is Colombia amor...

While in the US there is certainly the culture of the rich wanting to get richer in Colombia where the minimum salary is under $300 US a month "la plata" is of absolutely paramount importance down to the last peso and the first thing on everyones mind. As far as Colombian guys go chicas are easy to come by like fifty pesos a dozen but getting "billete" is much more complicated and their principal focus.

Another "true love" story reported a while back in the news described a chica in Terron Colorado (very bad barrio) communicating with a gringo in the states on line. He of course was sending her "giros". When her Colombian boyfriend found out she was getting money he kidnapped her and demanded a ransom from the gringo. That didn't go well maybe because nobody spoke the other person's language and the boyfriend, to avoid complications just ended up just killing her.

I have often said: on the surface of things US and Colombian culture can seem very similar but scratch beneath that surface and the differences are huge. And while psychopathic personalities occur in every culture they seem to be truly prolific to the point of being the norm in Colombia's lower barrios.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:49:32 PM by buencamino3, Reason: after thought »
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:51:46 AM »
Well an ex girlfriend of mine told me she had a girlfriend who worked in a "casa". Said she was very successful, had a moto and was buying a house. I asked her if her prostituta friend had a novio. She said yes and I said how is that with her doing what she does? Her answer: this is Colombia amor...

Same exact sh*t happens in the US.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 09:41:16 AM »

Same exact sh*t happens in the US.

Maybe i am oan old fuddy duddy who actually remebers the 60s..

But this "sh*t" is way more common in Colombia than most other places  I have lived. And I have lived in 8 different countries and travelled to 50.

Actually I think Cuba is worse..almost every girl is a hooker there.

Ands Russians and Kazakhs aint saints either.

But compared to people I associated with in Western Canada..lets say..well...the culture is "different"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:46:50 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 09:45:31 AM »

While in the US there is certainly the culture of the rich wanting to get richer in Colombia where the minimum salary is under $300 US a month "la plata" is of absolutely paramount importance down to the last peso and the first thing on everyones mind. As far as Colombian guys go chicas are easy to come by like fifty pesos a dozen but getting "billete" is much more complicated and their principal focus.

Another "true love" story reported a while back in the news described a chica in Terron Colorado (very bad barrio) communicating with a gringo in the states on line. He of course was sending her "giros". When her Colombian boyfriend found out she was getting money he kidnapped her and demanded a ransom from the gringo. That didn't go well maybe because nobody spoke the other person's language and the boyfriend, to avoid complications just ended up just killing her.

I have often said: on the surface of things US and Colombian culture can seem very similar but scratch beneath that surface and the differences are huge. And while psychopathic personalities occur in every culture they seem to be truly prolific to the point of being the norm in Colombia's lower barrios.

There you have it from the horses mouth. From a guy who has lived her 10 years.

Like I said, most Colombianas (the real hot ones anyway) make good "girlfriends" or Amigas con derechas..having fun, going out, travel partners...but as marriage material? Ha..buyer beware.,

Offline Awesome

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »

There you have it from the horses mouth. From a guy who has lived her 10 years.

Like I said, most Colombianas (the real hot ones anyway) make good "girlfriends" or Amigas con derechas..having fun, going out, travel partners...but as marriage material? Ha..buyer beware.,

It's not "most Colombianas", it's "most Colombianas who would associate with a creepy old gringo" who make good girlfriends but not marriage material.

There are plenty of Colombianas  and "real hot ones" who are great "marriage material", it just so happens that these higher quality women wouldn't be caught dead associating with someone like YOU expat.

You've been in Colombia for how many years now expat?  And how many women have you dated, probably hundreds right?  And you still have yet to achieve a quality relationship with a quality woman.  It's obvious that the problem is YOU and not the women of Colombia.

You failed with women in Canada.
You failed with women in Kazakstan.
You failed with women in Russia.
You failed with women in Cuba.
You failed with women in Venezuela.
You failed with women in Colombia.

Do you see a pattern or a trend forming here?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »

It's not "most Colombianas", it's "most Colombianas who would associate with a creepy old gringo" who make good girlfriends but not marriage material.

There are plenty of Colombianas  and "real hot ones" who are great "marriage material", it just so happens that these higher quality women wouldn't be caught dead associating with someone like YOU expat.

You've been in Colombia for how many years now expat?  And how many women have you dated, probably hundreds right?  And you still have yet to achieve a quality relationship with a quality woman.  It's obvious that the problem is YOU and not the women of Colombia.

You failed with women in Canada.
You failed with women in Kazakstan.
You failed with women in Russia.
You failed with women in Cuba.
You failed with women in Venezuela.
You failed with women in Colombia.

Do you see a pattern or a trend forming here?
I was working in all those places dork..while you have been smokking your brains out and living in Grannys basement
And how have you been doing woith the girls living out of Grannys basement and flunking out of third rate cracker jack universities, passing out in the park.?
You siure are high grade mairrage material LOL
Your pushong 40, and I dont see you hooked up with awife and kids yet.
Sounds like th Pot calling the kettle black to me.. ;D ;D

Offline Awesome

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:19:42 PM »
I was working in all those places dork..while you have been smokking your brains out and living in Grannys basement
And how have you been doing woith the girls living out of Grannys basement and flunking out of third rate cracker jack universities, passing out in the park.?
You siure are high grade mairrage material LOL
Your pushong 40, and I dont see you hooked up with awife and kids yet.
Sounds like th Pot calling the kettle black to me.. ;D ;D

No it's not the pot calling the kettle black.  I've never complained about Colombian women.  I think Colombian women are wonderful.  I've never complained about American women either.  I love American women.  The only thing stopping me from getting married is I'm still planning to move abroad first, THEN I'll find a good woman to marry, in whatever place I end up at.  For now I'm just having fun.  And if I realize that I'm not able to settle abroad then I'll just get married here. 

I'm already good friends with plenty of beautiful, educated women in my home town who would make great wives, some of them Colombianas.  All it would take would be for me to ask one of them out as "more than just friends", literally that easy.

Buuuut guess where I'm headed to?  Venezuela baby!  I already have my plane ticket booked to Colombia.  I arrive in Medellin monday where I'm going to hang out for a couple of days, then I'm bussing it to Cucuta, might stop off in Bucaramanga on the way depending on how I feel.  Then once I get to Cucuta I'll hang out there for a few days before I cross into Venezuela.  Then once I get to Venezuela I'm still not sure if I'll go to San Cristobal first or catch a flight to Caracas.  There's an airport right on the Venezuelan side of the border with flights to Caracas so technically I could be in Caracas within hours of crossing the border.  San Cristobal seems like a nice city, low crime, nice weather, close to the border, but I know I'll be craving the excitement of the big city in Caracas.  So we'll see how it goes.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 02:14:28 AM »

No it's not the pot calling the kettle black.  I've never complained about Colombian women.  I think Colombian women are wonderful.  I've never complained about American women either.  I love American women.  The only thing stopping me from getting married is I'm still planning to move abroad first, THEN I'll find a good woman to marry, in whatever place I end up at.  For now I'm just having fun.  And if I realize that I'm not able to settle abroad then I'll just get married here. 

I'm already good friends with plenty of beautiful, educated women in my home town who would make great wives, some of them Colombianas.  All it would take would be for me to ask one of them out as "more than just friends", literally that easy.

Buuuut guess where I'm headed to?  Venezuela baby!  I already have my plane ticket booked to Colombia.  I arrive in Medellin monday where I'm going to hang out for a couple of days, then I'm bussing it to Cucuta, might stop off in Bucaramanga on the way depending on how I feel.  Then once I get to Cucuta I'll hang out there for a few days before I cross into Venezuela.  Then once I get to Venezuela I'm still not sure if I'll go to San Cristobal first or catch a flight to Caracas.  There's an airport right on the Venezuelan side of the border with flights to Caracas so technically I could be in Caracas within hours of crossing the border.  San Cristobal seems like a nice city, low crime, nice weather, close to the border, but I know I'll be craving the excitement of the big city in Caracas.  So we'll see how it goes.
I'm  curious to hear about Venezuela. My wife has cousins there and they say the economic and political turmoil is awful ...

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 06:10:22 AM »

By the way, You forgot the US and Saudi Arbia..I was engaged to be married or married when I was working in  in all those places.

Lets forget the name calling. I am entited to your opinion , you are entitled to yours.

I agree, there is a great difference between lower estrato and upper estrato women (primarily due to desperation and lack of education) , and a n estrata 6 women isnt interested normally in  a gringo, (even less one that is 20 , 30 or 40 years older) and you will very, very rarely find them on a cupid site or in any agency "hunting" for gringos.

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:54:25 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 10:46:01 AM »

By the way, You forgot the US and Saudi Arbia..I was engaged to be married or married when I was working in  in all those places.

Lets forget the name calling. I am entited to your opinion , you are entitled to yours.

I agree, there is a great difference between lower estrato and upper estrato women (primarily due to desperation and lack of education) , and a n estrata 6 women isnt interested normally in  a gringo, (even less one that is 20 , 30 or 40 years older) and you will very, very find them on a cupid site or in any agency "hunting" for gringos.

Have a great day.

As long as you've been in Colombia you haven't figured any other way to meet women besides the cupid sites?  Do you even have any friends or buddies who invite you to hang out and watch a soccer game or a family get together like a birthday party or something like that?  I bet I have more Colombian friends in the US than you have in Colombia.  You need to get out and socialize like a normal person more.  Quit relying on taxi drivers as your only source of social interaction.  Start thinking of yourself as a Colombian and not foreigner.  You live there full time and you speak fluent Spanish so basically at this point you ARE Colombian.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »
I'm  curious to hear about Venezuela. My wife has cousins there and they say the economic and political turmoil is awful ...

Yea well I'm going to be finding out plenty about Venezuela very soon, up close and personal.  I hear the news reports about all the "awful" things going on and that the government is on the verge of collapse etc, etc, but I've been hearing those reports for years now and Venezuela keeps chugging along, even after Hugo Chavez's death.

I"m sort of perplexed about their inflation.  A couple of weeks ago the black market exchange rate was about 2000 to one USD, now it's over 4000 to 1 USD.  That's insane.  I guess it's good for me since I'll have dollars to spend but I don't see how the economy sustains itself with that level of inflation.

I'm kind of in a bind right now.  This gorgeous Colombian chick that I've been wanting to go out with for a while called me today and wants to hang out later on.  This girl is hot enough that most guys would thrown their travel plans out the window just to be with her.  I'm just going to have to stay strong and keep reminding myself how much fun I'm going to have once I just get on the plane.  It's going to be HARD to turn this girl down and tell her that I'm already about to leave.  I'll probably just tell her I'll only be gone for a couple of weeks and we'll stay in touch.   :'( :'( :-[ :-[

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

As long as you've been in Colombia you haven't figured any other way to meet women besides the cupid sites?  Do you even have any friends or buddies who invite you to hang out and watch a soccer game or a family get together like a birthday party or something like that?  I bet I have more Colombian friends in the US than you have in Colombia.  You need to get out and socialize like a normal person more.  Quit relying on taxi drivers as your only source of social interaction.  Start thinking of yourself as a Colombian and not foreigner.  You live there full time and you speak fluent Spanish so basically at this point you ARE Colombian.

I have friends here, one very good freind bt he is working all the time. He introducd me to one of his female  friends didnt go too far.

I am getting to meet people through Yoga, gym and dance class, and I plan join the bike club and culture groups and teaching English clases. These are all upper estrata people in these things-doctors and the like.

The issue is I spend half my time travelling in the mountains in Colombia and back home-and just general touristy stuff. Including with my current girlfriend, who for various reasons I wont go into is not a long term prospect. Also Manizales has the best  quality of life for living, but it is common knowledge it is very "cliqueish" and people are friendlty , but eserved, and it is hard to ge invited into thier inner circles. But I woudnt live anywhere else in Colombia (but never say never)

Unfortunately, I have this one standard as far as education ,morality,  honesty, integrity and another as far as physical attractiveness (voluptus "grilla" types) and the two are very difficult to coexist
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:18:29 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 05:53:24 AM »

I have friends here, one very good freind bt he is working all the time. He introducd me to one of his female  friends didnt go too far.

I am getting to meet people through Yoga, gym and dance class, and I plan join the bike club and culture groups and teaching English clases. These are all upper estrata people in these things-doctors and the like.

The issue is I spend half my time travelling in the mountains in Colombia and back home-and just general touristy stuff. Including with my current girlfriend, who for various reasons I wont go into is not a long term prospect. Also Manizales has the best  quality of life for living, but it is common knowledge it is very "cliqueish" and people are friendlty , but eserved, and it is hard to ge invited into thier inner circles. But I woudnt live anywhere else in Colombia (but never say never)

Unfortunately, I have this one standard as far as education ,morality,  honesty, integrity and another as far as physical attractiveness (voluptus "grilla" types) and the two are very difficult to coexist

Voluptus "Grilla" types ;)

EP

Back in the day we called those ladies

PHAT  :P

Yummmyyyyyy
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 05:57:24 AM »

Voluptus "Grilla" types ;)

EP

Back in the day we called those ladies

PHAT  :P

Yummmyyyyyy

not Fat-sexy-boobs and butts. The kind most guys like when they think with their little head and notthe big ones.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:03:02 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 01:18:28 PM »

No I'm not buying that guy.  From my experience the "good" women are just as attractive and "voluptuous" as the grilla prepago types.

I know the times I've gone into a bank or the Une or Tigo main stores I always see gorgeous voluptuous women working in those places.  These women are wearing their professional work clothes and still look super sexy.  Or if you go to Poblado at any upscale eatery during lunch time you'll see VERY attractive women in their professional work attire.

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »

not Fat-sexy-boobs and butts. The kind most guys like when they think with their little head and notthe big ones.

Did not know those were another term for Prepagos, I just meant ladies with big tukums and tetas which can be any woman really, thus the name we gave a chica back in the 80's if she had that

Physically Healthy A&T'=PHAT
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 05:10:59 PM »
Did not know those were another term for Prepagos, I just meant ladies with big tukums and tetas which can be any woman really, thus the name we gave a chica back in the 80's if she had that

Physically Healthy A&T'=PHAT

Not Prepago either, unless you use the term Very loosly.

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 11:03:36 AM »
This last month Venezuelan women are flocking to the border to sell their hair. They get sixty thousand pesos for it. The buyers then sell it to women in Cali for extensions. I heard one caleƱa paid five hundred thousand pesos for hers.
Hermosamente feliz

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864