Forum > Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Hola, Again

(1/1)

John O.:
After an absence of nearly three years, I am delighted to rediscover this priceless site and to rejoin the company of like-minded fellows.

I often read and posted on the board from about 2001 - 2003. I made numerous trips to Latin America, mostly Colombia, between 1994 - 2003. Loco! I was engaged once, but never sealed the deal. After too many unsuccessful trips, I decided to take a break and a good hard look at myself.

While I met many lovely Latinas here in the Los Angeles area, few had the sweetness and spirit of Colombianas. But I had given up on the mail-order bride fantasy.

A few months ago, I started communicating again with one of the few ladies I'd met on my travels who hadn't given up on me. Due to her undying faith and dogged determination, we rekindled our relationship. And that's when I began to realize the difference between fantasy and reality, between my wants and my needs.

I spent the holidays with that sweet Caleña, her delightful son and loving family, and now my hopes and dreams have been revived.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to learning and sharing more.

John O.

daytrader:
....a nice, positive story, thanks!  I hope things continue to go well. 

Hey John, I have a question for you...what changes occurred (or new thinking)  since you first started your Colombian Odyssey?  I'm interested to know if you care to share...

DayTrader

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version