It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hi5  (Read 2436 times)

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Hi5
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:01:57 PM »
I never really got into MySpace. A Cubana co-worker tried to turn me on to it, but it never took. At the time, I was tired of the social websites as I had been a member of BlackPlanet.com and Migente.com since they began. I wasn't interested in starting all that up again with MySpace.

http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayHomePage.do

My novia sent me a link to Hi5. Since it came from her, I checked it out. I am not trying to shill for the place, I was just curious as to why no one discusses sites like this as far as the search. It' s free and IMBRA proof in that it is not a dating site nor an agency. Further, it's free to join for everyone, and I don't think I have found a country that isn't represented. Why isn't anyone using this or other sites like it to meet women? If inserting YouTube works, I am going to try and insert a YouTube video from pics I have strung together of women in my friends list:

[youtube=425,350]R-XfyBrgXak[/youtube]

The Vid is embedded, maybe the mods have to approve it to be shown...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:21:41 AM by Dan »
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline william3rd

Re: Hi5
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »
HMMMM- no fees or equal fees means no IMBRA
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline soltero

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:47 PM »
HMMMM- no fees or equal fees means no IMBRA

Exactly!  ;)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:47 PM »

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:40:06 PM »
personally I get turned off looking at womens profiles and the millions of men friends they have added.  I would rather be in the dark as to who is talking to the girl.  That way I can feel special ;) I am the only man in her world.  It's my fantasy please don't ruin it.

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:43:30 PM »
Every time someone asks something like this, I point out that I met my wife on www.caliescali.com - a similar FREE site. The fact that it is all in Spanish must scare people away or something, since I don't recall anybody ever responding that they had any luck with it (or even tried it, for that matter). Hmmmm, according to Wm3, FREE = IMBRA proof. Hadn't thought of it that way, since IMBRA wasn't an issue at the time we met, but he's right, and for guys still in the search stage, that is a good point for both of these sites.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »
If inserting YouTube works, I am going to try and insert a YouTube video from pics I have strung together of women in my friends list:

To embed the YouTube video, you use the icon above which looks like this - - then, you place ONLY the reference to the YouTube video which follows the equal sign. You do NOT copy all the code which appears at the YouTube site.

- Dan

Offline RJS

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 08:34:07 AM »
I never really got into MySpace. A Cubana co-worker tried to turn me on to it, but it never took. At the time, I was tired of the social websites as I had been a member of BlackPlanet.com and Migente.com since they began. I wasn't interested in starting all that up again with MySpace.

http://www.hi5.com/friend/displayHomePage.do

My novia sent me a link to Hi5. Since it came from her, I checked it out. I am not trying to shill for the place, I was just curious as to why no one discusses sites like this as far as the search. It' s free and IMBRA proof in that it is not a dating site nor an agency. Further, it's free to join for everyone, and I don't think I have found a country that isn't represented. Why isn't anyone using this or other sites like it to meet women? If inserting YouTube works, I am going to try and insert a YouTube video from pics I have strung together of women in my friends list:

[youtube=425,350]R-XfyBrgXak[/youtube]

holy [snip]. If I knew people down there I'd probably start using based on your youtube presentation alone. There were some serious hotties in there.

I don't use the sites up here because they're like bringing high-school into adult life. I'd definitely make myself a south american profile though.

Offline soltero

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
The thing that interested me most about Hi5 is that it seems to be more international, and from what I have seen is very popular in SA. There are MANY women in Cali, Medellin, Bogota, and many of the smaller Colombian cities who are members of the site, to try and list all the countries would take forever, but I have made friends in Colombia, Portugal, The DR, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, and Venezuela just to name a few.

I haven't used the site to hook up, because I already have someone, but I have found people have been interested and interesting. I have even had girls that I had met while in Colombia pop up on Hi5 and add me to their friends lists. I figured I would share the wealth that's there because I can see it being a place where IMBRA can't intervene (yet), and there are some very nice women there.

Offline blockbuster

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:58 AM »
Sol,

Can Hi5 be used to help your biz like MySpace?  Thanks for the link.

Offline soltero

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 11:58:24 AM »
Sol,

Can Hi5 be used to help your biz like MySpace?  Thanks for the link.

You're welcome, and I think so. There are people there that use it for that purpose. I have had a few people that wanted to be added to my friends list that were promoting a service or product. So far, most of them have been club or music related, though.

Offline soltero

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
To embed the YouTube video, you use the icon above which looks like this - - then, you place ONLY the reference to the YouTube video which follows the equal sign. You do NOT copy all the code which appears at the YouTube site.

- Dan

Good to know. I wasn't sure which way to do it so I tried both, but I didn't see the video either way. If I ever post another one, I will follow your guideline...Thanks!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299