It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: The Site Is Still Up, Great!  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Cali-vet

The Site Is Still Up, Great!
« on: March 04, 2022, 06:03:56 PM »
And for years I appeared to be banned now I can log on. Wonder of wonders. Yes let's get some discussion going. I've been a resident since 2002, first in the city of Cali then moved to a finca on the outskirts.
I also posted as Buenopues after being banned as Cali-vet.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 06:27:05 PM by Cali-vet »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Site Is Still Up, Great!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 09:36:58 PM »
Good to see you back.

The obituary for the site has been written many times. Yet 2 years of a global pandemic and it is still ticking.

Offline Cali-vet

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 07:44:56 AM »
Hope some more old timers find it.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 07:44:56 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 06:45:18 PM »
Hope some more old timers find it.

Me too. There's such a wonderful world that's sadly beyond the horizons of most guys, Enjoy the colors and flavors, explore and smile. Take chances.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 09:51:29 PM »
And for years I appeared to be banned now I can log on. Wonder of wonders. Yes let's get some discussion going. I've been a resident since 2002, first in the city of Cali then moved to a finca on the outskirts.
Hey that's super, glad you're enjoying living there.What city is your finca near?I've been planning on spending half the year living near Lago Calima because I like to sail and windsurf.Such a beautiful lake.How's the security these days in the Cali area.  I lived there for a year several years ago, and never worried much at all.  I hear mixed messages these days.
How's the girl situation these days for foreigners?

Thanks for posting,

Offline Cali-vet

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 10:31:03 AM »
Jar I live near Cali, north end. A friend and I go to the Rio Bravo Reserve which is the whole area below the dam at Lago Calima every couple of weeks to see what we can find to photograph. I think Darien is nice little town and I bet you could easily find a place to rent or buy. I've never seen a sailboat on that lake, don't know why but always windsurfers. Security in Cali is as always not great but I personally have not had any problems in the city in the twenty years I've been here. In fact my two closest calls were nearly drowning in the Rio San Cipriano when I was tubing and got washed under a fallen tree in the river. The other was when I was sitting in a cave near Nuquí watching the bats when I realized I was just a meter away from a Chocoan Bushmaster the biggest most poisionous snake in Colombia. Then there was that time a few years ago when I went with my friend and his young son to Naranjal on the Valle del Cauca, Chocó border. We'd planed to go down a dirt road the next day to see what we could find but that afternoon the police spotted us in a panadería and told us there were twenty five ELN guerrilla just fifteen minutes down that road and they were waiting for us. Change of plans!

We had that God damned Paro Nacional last year when all the roads into Cali were barricaded by the so called "Primera Linea". There was little gas at the gas stations and to get a couple of gallons people waited in long lines of cars for three hours or more. Food in the city ran low too. The road up to where I live was barricaded for a week so couldn't get to Cali. There is an awfull alternative back road  but scum from a vereda along the way started robbing the cars that went through. After a couple of days of that people only travelled in caravans. Finally after a week the army, police and fiscalia showed up one morning and cleared the blockade.

The presidential elections are coming up in May and both the ELN and FARC dissidents are carrying out terrorist attacks around the country to disrupt them.

Girls there are aplenty as always.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 08:31:23 PM »
Jar I live near Cali, north end. A friend and I go to the Rio Bravo Reserve which is the whole area below the dam at Lago Calima every couple of weeks to see what we can find to photograph. I think Darien is nice little town and I bet you could easily find a place to rent or buy. I've never seen a sailboat on that lake, don't know why but always windsurfers. Security in Cali is as always not great but I personally have not had any problems in the city in the twenty years I've been here. In fact my two closest calls were nearly drowning in the Rio San Cipriano when I was tubing and got washed under a fallen tree in the river. The other was when I was sitting in a cave near Nuquí watching the bats when I realized I was just a meter away from a Chocoan Bushmaster the biggest most poisionous snake in Colombia. Then there was that time a few years ago when I went with my friend and his young son to Naranjal on the Valle del Cauca, Chocó border. We'd planed to go down a dirt road the next day to see what we could find but that afternoon the police spotted us in a panadería and told us there were twenty five ELN guerrilla just fifteen minutes down that road and they were waiting for us. Change of plans!

We had that God damned Paro Nacional last year when all the roads into Cali were barricaded by the so called "Primera Linea". There was little gas at the gas stations and to get a couple of gallons people waited in long lines of cars for three hours or more. Food in the city ran low too. The road up to where I live was barricaded for a week so couldn't get to Cali. There is an awfull alternative back road  but scum from a vereda along the way started robbing the cars that went through. After a couple of days of that people only travelled in caravans. Finally after a week the army, police and fiscalia showed up one morning and cleared the blockade.

The presidential elections are coming up in May and both the ELN and FARC dissidents are carrying out terrorist attacks around the country to disrupt them.

Girls there are aplenty as always.

You feel a different sort of 'alive' when in a 3rd world country and you survive things like an attempted coup detat, martial law, always paying to travel thru certain areas, no transport to the airport etc. Then again, my wife's size 5.5 ankle was just a few feet away from teeth, when we interrupted a large alligator coming in, mouth wide open lunging on a bird. Different kind of 'alive' again and that one on a USA golf course--the lagoon alongside our neighbors! We skip the full out 'au naturale' nature trail, with diamond back rattlers thicker than my legs, but that's just the ungroomed few miles of 40+ miles of trails.

Offline Cali-vet

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 01:41:38 PM »
You do indeed. I absolutely made the right choice moving here and never once regreted it. I think I would be bored out of my scull if I had to return to live in the US and of course chica-less.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 03:30:43 PM »
You do indeed. I absolutely made the right choice moving here and never once regreted it. I think I would be bored out of my scull if I had to return to live in the US and of course chica-less.

I just returned to the USA with my wife and daughter after living in Medellin with them for 3 years.

It doesn't matter much where you live if you are married with children. But if I had stayed in the USA I doubt I would be married to a 33 year old wife and have a 3 year old daughter.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 09:33:14 PM »

I just returned to the USA with my wife and daughter after living in Medellin with them for 3 years.

It doesn't matter much where you live if you are married with children. But if I had stayed in the USA I doubt I would be married to a 33 year old wife and have a 3 year old daughter.

Happiness as a couple or even more so as a family w children, should be a portable, self contained situation. Keeping it that way is My responsibility. We live largely unencumbered of family or friends being in our regular everyday world. US VS "them', against the world, 'rising to the occasion' when sh!t happens, snd creating new goals together is the fuel.
Calipro, are there Colombiannas in your new stateside city area?

Offline Cyprus

• Probie
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 09:33:45 PM »
WHat forum are people on these days discussing foreign wives? Or is this becoming a thing of the past?

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 07:05:56 AM »

I have no idea why this site, which is so dead would ban anyone.

Having said that, I think I contributed to that "Awesome" character getting banned a while ago

Sometimes the immature psychotic personal attacks got really out of control.

Maybe thats the other reason it got to be dead.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 04:33:44 PM »

I have no idea why this site, which is so dead would ban anyone.

Having said that, I think I contributed to that "Awesome" character getting banned a while ago

Sometimes the immature psychotic personal attacks got really out of control.

Maybe thats the other reason it got to be dead.

That guy was really bizarre. I can usually 'read' people fairly well, but that guy really was hard to figure. For all his bluster, bragging and talks of trips abroad, I think he had maybe a marginal job and really did live in his grandma's basement. Never saw When you lead a pretty minimal existence and have a loose screw already, it's probably kind of satisfying to create some 'persona' -- then try and reinforce it by trying to get others to think it's true, and attack anyone who might question it. Even at that--he was even more unusual than just the regular, disgruntled low life, because I don't recall him trying to make alliances with anybody--he hardly tried to butter me--or anyone up. In that regard, he was different than Bernard. If you spoke to both separately via personal messaging, Bernard dropped most of the facade but "Awesome" hardly did. That and his 'bromance' with football player JJ Watt, and his MILF fascination, left me with the impression that he wasn't open to changing his stripes anytime soon. A legend if only in his own mind.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 04:33:44 PM »

Offline Cali-vet

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 06:26:06 PM »
He was funny. He thought that placing his baseball cap or something in a photo he posted would prove he was there. I liked the shot of the little hooker suppposedly taken in Caracas.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 08:56:14 AM »
Happiness as a couple or even more so as a family w children, should be a portable, self contained situation. Keeping it that way is My responsibility. We live largely unencumbered of family or friends being in our regular everyday world. US VS "them', against the world, 'rising to the occasion' when sh!t happens, and creating new goals together is the fuel.
Calipro, are there Colombianas in your new stateside city area?

Yeah there are Colombians where we live. There is a Colombian Festival that happens once a year here.

I sought out Colombianos when I brought my first wife here.....It was pretty much a mixed bag....other than going out drinking and getting DUI's.... they aren't good for much. Which is what eventually happened to my ex-wife.

This wife isn't adapting as fast or as well as the my first wife that was 21....this one is 33 and more set in her ways.

My wife befriended a Dominicana that lives here and she tried to talk some sense into my wife about wanting to go back to Colombia to live.....But it will be hard to get my wife out of the mind set that she is sacrificing her life by being here in the USA.

There is something to be said for marrying a poor Colombiana that has had a very hard life in Colombia and is ready to leave her family friends and everything she has ever known.... to try and make a better life for herself in the USA.

+1 for the gold diggers.

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2022, 07:13:05 PM »

Yeah there are Colombians where we live. There is a Colombian Festival that happens once a year here.

I sought out Colombianos when I brought my first wife here.....It was pretty much a mixed bag....other than going out drinking and getting DUI's.... they aren't good for much. Which is what eventually happened to my ex-wife.

This wife isn't adapting as fast or as well as the my first wife that was 21....this one is 33 and more set in her ways.

My wife befriended a Dominicana that lives here and she tried to talk some sense into my wife about wanting to go back to Colombia to live.....But it will be hard to get my wife out of the mind set that she is sacrificing her life by being here in the USA.

There is something to be said for marrying a poor Colombiana that has had a very hard life in Colombia and is ready to leave her family friends and everything she has ever known.... to try and make a better life for herself in the USA.

+1 for the gold diggers.

For 11 years I heard about how much better Colombia was then the US from my ex calena wife.  We were sitting in our $350k sailboat in Maine eating seafood watching the sunset, and she was bored…….  After the divorce she of course didn’t move back to Colombia.  She’s working as a nurse, and enjoying a 6 figure income.  Hopefully she cleaned up some poop today. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »

For 11 years I heard about how much better Colombia was then the US from my ex calena wife.  We were sitting in our $350k sailboat in Maine eating seafood watching the sunset, and she was bored…….  After the divorce she of course didn’t move back to Colombia.  She’s working as a nurse, and enjoying a 6 figure income.  Hopefully she cleaned up some poop today.

My 1st wife was an RN. She over stayed her work visa. That was unbeknownst to me, but marrying me fixed that. When she started making enough money where she didn't need mine anymore, never mind two boys, it came to divorce. Practical woman. Once model pretty, she's never dated and made zero effort to communicate with my wife, 25 years her junior.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 12:48:36 PM »

Women will always complain, no matter what their ethnic background is and no matter how good you treat them.

What have you done for me today?

Best not to bring them to the US  where everything is more expensive and they have all the power.

At leat in Colombia you can just laugh at their quejas and just ignore it.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345