It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Tribute To Hound Dog  (Read 26882 times)

Offline Larry178

Re: Tribute To Hound Dog
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »
I remember john very well, he was an excellent and generous human being, I was his interpreter while he went down to Colombia and even met up with him in Cartagena, where he met his wife Luz Elena. I rememeber he smoked a lot, I couldn't keep track of how many packs a day he smoked, that´s how much he smoked. Very opinionated but he spoke many thruths and always had something interesting to say and always willing to share and give, I remember him best by that. I wouldn't be surprised that he died of cancer because of what I mentioned. My condolances to his wife who is a great person and woman and I am glad I met them both. Also my condolances to his friends. Also if someone could remind me of his web site please email me at caliguide@yahoo.com
Thank you

Andreas:

John had really, really nice things to say about you both as a person and as a guide. 

Larry

Offline Larry178

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
Hound Dog was the authority when I was a newbie and started reading PL and going to Bogota around 1990.  He was a prolific poster.  I have no idea what his education level was but his posts were impressively insightful, the best I've read here.   I still have a printout of one of his posts that was I refer to today.  Thanks Hound Dog....may god wrap his loving arms around you.

Landover

Landover, do you  have a digital copy of that post you kept you could send to me?

Larry

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
Larry,

If you search the archives you'll find many posts that John made.

Here is the link: http://www.planet-love.com/smf/

Just type in houndog (note spelling) in the search box and it will take you to his posts.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »

Offline Larry178

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Larry,

If you search the archives you'll find many posts that John made.

Here is the link: http://www.planet-love.com/smf/

Just type in houndog (note spelling) in the search box and it will take you to his posts.

Thanks Pablo.

My stuff is in the old archives, which have gone away.  I noted that John talked about my old stuff as did bueller and maybe junfan in the more recent archives. I was looking for something specific, which John was given to quote often and which I don't have a copy of since my computer died and I did not have it backed up.  Oh well.

I did see some stuff about my wife; even got her name right.  And it was true
:-)

Thanks Pablo

Larry

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
I knew John.  For whatever reason, he and I never fought that I can remember. I was at his wedding in San Antonio to Luz that was one day late at 91 days instead of 90.  I held his hand when it hit fan because of that and Luz left him.

I didn't exactly hold his hand, never met him in person, but we did talk on the phone several times while all that stuff was happening.  INS made his life their lives hell over that one day beyond the limit wedding date. Let that be a lesson to you guys who might be thinking that they can't or won't come down heavy on people who don't obey their rules, such as on couples who miss a deadline  or met at an non IMBRA compliant agency. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:05:50 AM by michaelb »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864