It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: How to deflect the skeptics?  (Read 16843 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
How to deflect the skeptics?
« on: April 15, 2018, 07:22:01 PM »
Couldn't come up with a better title. I don't tell many people about P.L. or my long term goal of settling down with/marrying a woman from Latin America.

The few times I have done so I hear all kinds of negative stuff about "green card" marriages and guys getting used, etc.

Yet, the writing is so clearly on the wall as to why this road is a good option. The millennial generation in the U.S.A. is having less sex than any generation in 60 years!

I generally avoid Online Dating in the U.S. but I did recently see a 33 year old woman with this on her profile, "Looking for the fairy tale and I won't settle." A 33 year old in many part of Latin America is over the hill.

Had a conversation with a young woman in the USA recently who said all the information I was getting was biased. The guys on P.L. are just sugarcoating their relationships and not telling the bad parts. Lots of guys are getting cheated on and they don't even know it.

I know the best thing to do is to ingore this kind of thinking...still wondering what kind of negative or disparging remarks have you guys heard over the years? Did your own family and friends tell warn you were setting yourself up to fail with a foreign relationship/marriage? 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
Re: How to deflect the skeptics?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
Couldn't come up with a better title. I don't tell many people about P.L. or my long term goal of settling down with/marrying a woman from Latin America.

The few times I have done so I hear all kinds of negative stuff about "green card" marriages and guys getting used, etc.

Yet, the writing is so clearly on the wall as to why this road is a good option. The millennial generation in the U.S.A. is having less sex than any generation in 60 years!

I generally avoid Online Dating in the U.S. but I did recently see a 33 year old woman with this on her profile, "Looking for the fairy tale and I won't settle." A 33 year old in many part of Latin America is over the hill.

Had a conversation with a young woman in the USA recently who said all the information I was getting was biased. The guys on P.L. are just sugarcoating their relationships and not telling the bad parts. Lots of guys are getting cheated on and they don't even know it.

I know the best thing to do is to ingore this kind of thinking...still wondering what kind of negative or disparging remarks have you guys heard over the years? Did your own family and friends tell warn you were setting yourself up to fail with a foreign relationship/marriage?

Only people who tried to discourage me were a couple of lawyers. As you sort of said, you need to have a thick skin.. Dr. Seuss said (or like others, is reputed to have said), it well:

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Going on 17 years together and 13 married to a beautiful petite woman who not only is much younger than me, but also looks much younger than her actual age, I am amazed that in all that time, we only heard two people  (one lady we 'overheard' at Disney World, the other in thrift shop) say, mumble some brief, snippy crap.

We're both fortunate that our families and the few people we consider close friends, are all cool about us--always have been. But a lot of families aren't and you just have to distance yourself from such malcontents there, as well as in the workplace and social circles.

We find it best to avoid going to social events with lots of mixed nationality people, as there's typically some yenta who wants to know how old we are, how are sex life is, gossipy stuff they'd roll on

Having a tight, "Me and you against the world - - it's about US" mindset helps long term.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »
to some point, its true, you do hear mostly only the " good parts" of most marriages or relationships to foreign born latin women, because of a few reasons.
 men dont want anybody to know their marriage was a sham and the man was stupid and didnt know anything about the girls past or her real personality and the guy got burned.

it happens a lot, but most dont want to talk about it.
many men do some stupid things once they get off the plane, and lose all common sense and confuse affection and sex, with love and commitment.
i know of two men recently  who are involved with two girls from  colombia, both have no clue what they are doing and are so desperate  or lonely that they picked clearly not the best women. but hay, its like talking to a wall. soon or later, the fantasy ends and you see the real person and intentions, but by then, its too late

the relationships that last,  are the ones where they knew the girl and family for some time, because by then all the skeletons  and her past are out of the closet. you know mostly what your getting.

so take your time, you rush it, disaster.

you make good decisions, you beat the skeptics

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:21:37 PM by mudd »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 05:23:29 AM »
and forget a long distance relation ship.Worst thing.

Relación  de lejos es una relación de pendejos (or feliz para cuatro)..as he Colombians say....

Which means you pretty well gotta be living in her country.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:25:08 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 07:41:53 AM »
to some point, its true, you do hear mostly only the " good parts" of most marriages or relationships to foreign born latin women

Yet we've also had guys on P.L. share the challenges they've gone through including a few whose marriages ended. So it isn't always peaches and cream.

so take your time, you rush it, disaster.

you make good decisions, you beat the skeptics

Yep, good point. Good to see you end the post on a positive note Mudd.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:02:56 AM »
Good thread, with great additional angles from Mudd, Elex and Hector. We sometimes piss all over each other here, busting each other's chops, but really, each of us adds to the mix. Diversity is good.

Mudd has probably saved some guy's from serious harm with his posts, guys who might otherwise go south thinking it's Latin American Disney world, with hot Chicas as the attractions.

Elex, amongst other things, has illustrated how fleeting and flaky a lot of women there are--how often alterior motives are in play, unbeknownst to the greenhorn gringos. Told guys about great, off the beaten path places worth seeing too.

I plead guilty to 'painting a perfect picture', but in reality, we've had a few hand grenades in our marriage, along with a lot of kisses.

It's inevitable really. I'm no picnic, but for a guy who's been single for a while and as is too common in this modern world, has made a lot of 'friends' including females online over the years, that can and DID come back to bite me.

While the death dagger to my marriage would probably be getting caught having sex with other women, drawing a line on even actively chatting other women is a factor I still get warned on. In real life, I do look and flirt, but there's a line there too.

Intimacy, as in SEX isn't just considered a marital obligation, it's expected on demand from both sides. And while I get primal, she expects, wants that, but with some TLC, romance--the schmaltzy stuff too.

If she senses I'm giving it away elsewhere and her 'needs' aren't being met, the toast will burn. She showers morning and evening and is deathly afraid of STDs. Her blood line's mostly Spanish (Spain ruled the area for almost 400 years) and she's young and as sensuous as any other woman I've been with.

Substance abuse could push the marital red line too. I talk about us going to Colorado or other places where pot's legal and her trying it, but it might as well be heroin or coke to her--poison.

She's happy I'm not a drinker and doesn't take remotely well to 'recreational drugs'

Again, I'm no picnic to be married to, (for SURE) but I am lucky as hell that for the other behaviors, habits, moods, my son's antics etc, she's pretty cool, but that MOST importantly, she gets over the smaller stuff quickly too, not holding it over my head. Not that she forgets...

Case in point--while it's been over ten years since I did it, when I got caught on line telling some hot babe I'd try and send her some Victoria Secret lingerie, I'll never live that down! She copied the chat records! When we go into VS even today, I'd BETTER be ready to buy her something!

Long distance relationships? Yeah, wouldn't be nice if it was true that "Absence makes the heart grow fonder?"....

Sorry guys, but head's up---especially when you've got a gal with a great sex drive, it's more often:,

"Absence makes the heart GO WANDER"

Roses need a lot of water and have sharp thorns too...A lot of women  have to have regular, real life attention, ego boosting and yes, sex---and one way or another, are gonna get it!

And TIME? Yes, if you're looking for a 'keeper' - - a long term, live in lover, you'd damn well take time, time and more time, you ought to be a lover and a wary detective, looking for those 'red flags'.

And the hotter she is, the easier it is to
NOT see, or to forgive crap in really pretty chicks---stuff you might run away from in a babe who's a 7 or 8 on the 'ten scale'.

They're ALL gonna be 6's and 7's before long. Don't bite off more than you can chew up front, or be prepared to choke later on.

Like that great old song says: "If you want to be happy the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife" - - - sh!t, the maintenance costs alone might kill you...

Last but not least, keeping HER faithful, maybe making the relationship last longer overall, works better if you stay in HER country.

It's just me, but while I tell myself 'Nothing lasts forever' - - you can do things to improve your odds.

But like I said, in my in 'our' case, infidelity is the death star. We have had a house in her country for a few years now, but I haven't been in it, haven't even visited. I send her home solo and she comes back better, more appreciative and recharged.

I KNOW that just going to the mall or into the city over there, that there are sooo many hot young babes (women of All ages and status period) who'd 'jump my bones' short time, wanting some sweet vanilla dick for a change. So me keeping my pants up would be a challenge! None of those five dollar, full body 'happy ending' massage parlors either!

Gotta be careful what you wish for!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:41:48 PM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 10:20:19 AM »

Yet we've also had guys on P.L. share the challenges they've gone through including a few whose marriages ended. So it isn't always peaches and cream.

Worst thing you can do is to start comparing Colombia to some idealistic dream or judging it in a vacuum like Mudd and Expat like to do. Because bad marriages happen everywhere....especially in the US and are much more costly to get out of.

Just compare what you have available to you in the USA to what you have available to you in Colombia. In my late 30's it was a close call but Colombia came out a little ahead....in my 40's Colombia pulled ahead quite a bit.....by the time I hit my 50's.....Colombia is a no brainer.

One thing you need to remember in Colombia is.....marriage is not in and of it self an intrinsic expression of love and devotion....marriage has a purpose.....it is to form a family or it will be something else that neither of you may like.....could be a way for you to have sex with a woman while you live and work in the states.....or it could turn out to be a way for her to move up economically.

If you do not want children and to form a  family with a Colombian woman....the path to having is a successful life long relationship is perilous just as much or more as having a career minded gringa at your side.

If you don't want to form a family....I think a better option is to do whatever you can to be location independent and just live in Colombia and have as many girlfriends as you like.

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 11:02:14 AM »
Hector, let me help you put this into perspective. I just read where Art Bell, the former host of 'Coast-to-Coast AM' passed away. One of the notable things that was in his obituary was that he was married to his Philippina wife for 10 years and made a note that she was 22 (he was 62) when they got married! When I first got into going to Colombia, a good friend on a now closed website, told me what was going to be involved if I choose to have a woman from there as a spouse. I was going to make countless trips, spend a lot of money, have my heart broken many times. Have some wild sex rides, but if I persevere, I would find somebody suitable. He was also very open about the chicas having their barrio boys on the side while you are in the US. Nothing was sugar-coated and everything he said was like he handed me a movie script! Right down to their personal hygiene habits. Here is the website. I even have a few articles written on it as well but even though the information is outdated, it is still relevant! https://web.archive.org/web/20160620154746/http://colombiahelp.com:80/

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 12:31:03 PM »
some good advice here from all above.
 what it comes down to is...  what do you really want?....... fun, a girlfriend for short time, companionship, serious girlfriend that leads someplace, marriage, kids?   all these have different types of women as you can imagine.

from girls who only look for fun, money,vacations. visa, clothes, cell phones, apartment, get to the US or other country,, parties, what you can buy them, offer them ect.  too women who are looking for a stable relationship, marriage and  children.

problem is,  you have to be honest and smart about what your want and are looking for.  many women from colombia have told me over the years,  they see gringos as " stupid men with money"  :o

doesnt matter what country your in, US, Colombia, be smart, take your time.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

many women from colombia have told me over the years,  they see gringos as " stupid men with money"  :o

Did you get offended when these women told you this ?

Does seem like an odd thing to tell a gringo and very weird that you have heard it from many women jajaja

I don’t even know how something like that is even posible

I would guess that gringos make up less than one half a percent of the population in Medellín.....so how is it possible to even know multiple women that have been with other gringos and how they are with their money

Where in the hell do you meet your women
That would be the best advice you could give so newbies would know where they shouldn’t go

At some point you are going to have to realize that you are swimming in a pool that other guys peeed in and maybe even taken a dump LOL

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:49:39 PM by Calipro »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 05:25:31 PM »

Does seem like an odd thing to tell a gringo and very weird that you have heard it from many women jajaja

I would guess that gringos make up less than one half a percent of the population in Medellín.....so how is it possible to even know multiple women that have been with other gringos and how they are with their money

That would be the best advice you could give so newbies would know where they shouldn’t go

At some point you are going to have to realize that you are swimming in a pool that other guys peeed in and maybe even taken a dump LOL

lol im sure calipro you heard it many times form girls in cali, prob  a few in medlelin also. you not a prize, but at least i can say what many colombians think of the average gringo, as im sure you had such a good reputation in cali and had to leave for medellin lol

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 06:06:57 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokBgQ1LgDIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokBgQ1LgDI
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:11:31 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »

lol im sure calipro you heard it many times form girls in cali, prob  a few in medlelin also. you not a prize, but at least i can say what many colombians think of the average gringo, as im sure you had such a good reputation in cali and had to leave for medellin lol

I didn’t have to leave Cali
And I don’t think I’ve dated a chick that has dated another gringo since I left Cali because I haven’t been to a marriage agency en 8 or 9 years

That is why it was so surprising to hear you talk about women in Medellín that know other gringos well

What are you guys doing stealing them from each other’s  Facebook page
Seriously how does something like that happen
I mean what are the odds?
There has to be a connection between you and this other guys or it is a statistical improbably that you would know paisas that know other gringos well enough to know their spending habits

Do you guys all hang out at the same club or what
Inquiring minds want to know jajaja

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 07:09:46 PM »

Worst thing you can do is to start comparing Colombia to some idealistic dream or judging it in a vacuum like Mudd and Expat like to do. Because bad marriages happen everywhere....especially in the US and are much more costly to get out of.

Just compare what you have available to you in the USA to what you have available to you in Colombia. In my late 30's it was a close call but Colombia came out a little ahead....in my 40's Colombia pulled ahead quite a bit.....by the time I hit my 50's.....Colombia is a no brainer.

One thing you need to remember in Colombia is.....marriage is not in and of it self an intrinsic expression of love and devotion....marriage has a purpose.....it is to form a family or it will be something else that neither of you may like.....could be a way for you to have sex with a woman while you live and work in the states.....or it could turn out to be a way for her to move up economically.

If you do not want children and to form a  family with a Colombian woman....the path to having is a successful life long relationship is perilous just as much or more as having a career minded gringa at your side.

If you don't want to form a family....I think a better option is to do whatever you can to be location independent and just live in Colombia and have as many girlfriends as you like.
This sums it up perfectly. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 07:48:06 PM »
I think if you stay in one place long enough, get to know the culture and get in tight with some women,  especially OLDER women, you'll get some insights as to how they 'think'.

No, we'll never fully figure women out--I don't think that's meant to be - - besides, they can change like the weather anyway.

But in my travels, getting to know them fairly well without romance in the picture and letting these older women educate me and  set me up with younger women, I was given a valuable 'education' in terms of what different women were generally like. That means what they liked, what I could expect and what the woman expected in return. It generally followed along lines of the status, 'class' of the woman  their family, their level of education, income, and a few other things.

I was offered meet ups with gorgeous girls from humble, even impoverished backgrounds, who in exchange for a couple sets of clothes, a new bathing suit and being able to stay at a fancy resort and 'live it up' - - would likely bang you till they were bow legged. Candy girls.

Then there were some you had to try harder to get in bed, some higher class babes that took a bit of an 'interview' with their family before you might get time alone with them.

Then there were the well educated, professionally employed women, medical Dr.s, lawyers, executives and the like, who after me getting their number, handled their own 'negotiations'.Those took effort.  Hard to find that online, generally speaking, as they need to want us and don't really 'need us'.

But in the process, between the insights the older women, who in their trust leveled with me on, and from my experiences, I did get some good Intel. Took a few trips and came back alone too.

But cultivating non romantic friendships and getting  personal introductions, can be golden, as you can meet women not online, women not with agencies who are gems out in the field.

Hell, I was introduced to my wife by a married lady from Vermont, USA. We struck up a friendship and she tried to match me with her sister. That didn't work out and! she said:, "Hey, I have a sweet, pretty friend I think you might like"

THAT was an understatement!!

But I can recall older women telling me how certain girls viewed Yankees as basically 'boom boom' toys, meal tickets and just as guys to be used before moving on. As indicated, I also gleaned that there were women a bit higher up the ladder in terms of values, self respect and wanting to marry a foreigner that they'd fallen in love with, money not being the primary factor. That's the rung on the ladder I grabbed and I'm glad for it.

Too often we focus 99%,on the hot babes, without mixing, living and learning amongst the general population. Trying to make ongoing friendships on the periphery can not only up your game, but pay off in finding a diamond out there. Don't burn your bridges....

But I can see how Mudd could have gotten some real 'inside' - - as in 'true' info, the good poop, on how a lot of women in the area REALLY see gringos as being good for.

Besides, a lot of older women (not the best sort) are jealous and more than happy to dish dirt on the younger babes.

Hell, besides---what he's saying has been said by gringos here a 1000 times plus already!

Offline Calipro

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:21 AM »

Hell, I was introduced to my wife by a married lady from Vermont, USA. We struck up a friendship and she tried to match me with her sister. That didn't work out and! she said:, "Hey, I have a sweet, pretty friend I think you might like"

THAT was an understatement!!

And all this time I thought you had met and courted your wife overseas.

At any rate....it helps to explain why you don't seem to understand just how hard it would be to randomly meet two Colombian women in Medellin that actually knew a gringo personally....let alone....many Colombian women that apparently knew enough gringos to form a generalization that "gringos are stupid men with money".

And my question to Mudd is where or how did he meet these Colombian women that already knew and had experience with other gringos?

Seems like a fare question to me. Otherwise I'll have to chalk up his story (about what Colombianas think of gringos) as another one of his tall tales. jajaja
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:43:52 AM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 04:48:06 AM »

At any rate....it helps to explain why you don't seem to understand just how hard it would be to randomly meet two Colombian women in Medellin that actually knew a gringo personally....let alone....many Colombian women that apparently knew enough gringos to form a generalization that "gringos are stupid men with money".

And my question to Mudd is where or how did he meet these Colombian women that already knew and had experience with other gringos?

Seems like a fare question to me. Otherwise I'll have to chalk up his story (about what Colombianas think of gringos) as another one of his tall tales. jajaja

The  'older' woman was a Filipina married to a 'gringo' (over there, more likely called a Kano') but living in Vermont for a long time with her husband--both super nice people who 'clued me in' on some of the finer points regarding pursuing different types of women over there. Sonia's long dead now, bless her soul. Her much younger sister, as well as my wife, were in the Philippines.

While I don't claim to be expert on Colombia--far from it, in these days, I can't help but think that that there are plenty of women of the opinion that gringos are fools, loaded with money, from which they are easily parted.

Also that as in many places, the truth can be fleeting at best, and if you're not THERE, and are only making promises online and via phone, she's gonna keep her options open, and those open options might include her legs.

And in regards to the chances of two women knowing the same gringo, in contrast, the Philippines has 7000 Islands and about a 100 million people. Yet you could be into one chick and a 2 hours jet ride away, another babe could get the news, via what we called the 'bamboo telegraph' namely the internet. It's happened to me more than once.

And just as we can do to them, they may have another woman approach you, enticing you and if you 'bite'--it gets reported. Busted.

Then it was the Cupid site and a couple others as well (Blossoms)  that had male--female chat rooms, where people's fidelity was 'called out' - but it was amazing even then, how word 'got around' outside of the open chat rooms, which were wild as hell. And now, there's a lot more going on with more modern social apps, friends of friends, ad nauseum. Just like guys, women like to brag and show their trophies...

Again, not saying I know that much, can't substantiate that it happens in Colombia,  but wouldn't be surprised....

Especially if you are a real player who's developed a reputation.

The phrase: "Your reputation precedes you" has been around a long time. And if they don't know about you, or you don't know about her's--given time and effort, it becomes known to an extent. Regardless, sooner or later, 'It all comes out in the wash'.

I would check her friends, social apps, her workplace, where she grew up, where she lives presently and more. You don't need a private detective for 'all that'--you just need time, effort and smarts. And even a poor girl can have those skills, along with other suprisingly sophisticated, wiley ways in her repertoire. It's not just from her getting your cell phone while you shower anymore.

If you think they're all dumb and clueless, you might end up feeling like that yourself.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:24:51 AM by robert angel »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »

LOOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cali, I get the sense you're being sarcastic here. There are girls in Medellin that know probably dozens of gringos personally. They actually make a valiant effort to know as many as they possibly can.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:52:04 AM by benjio »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »

While I don't claim to be expert on Colombia--far from it, in these days, I can't help but think that that there are plenty of women of the opinion that gringos are fools, loaded with money, from which they are easily parted.

Well from my anecdotal experiences in Colombia....it is not at all common for women to think of gringos as stupid fools.

But if you were in the habit of cultivating relationships with Colombianas that were also prone to engaging with gringos that were "stupid fools with money"......then.... well I guess that is what you would think is normal. 

I'll just say that Mudd is the poster boy (of what not to do in Colombia) if you are looking for a serious relationship and leave it at that. LOL!

Offline Calipro

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »

LOOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cali, I get the sense you're being sarcastic here. There are girls in Medellin that know probably dozens of gringos personally. They actually make a valiant effort to know as many as they possibly can.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sure there are....they are called prepagos.

But listening to what prepagos think of gringos and extrapolating it to the general population of Colombia is just weird and highly inaccurate.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »

Sure there are....they are called prepagos.

But listening to what prepagos think of gringos and extrapolating it to the general population of Colombia is just weird and highly inaccurate.

Agreed. Not my experience either.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 07:07:16 PM »
Bunk, balderdash, malarkey and hooey....

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 09:31:30 PM »
Women are using men plenty inside the united states. Leaving the usa doesnt take away the risk it just allows you to fish in a better pond.

Skepticism can be heathly. The problem is with international dating there is a lot of ignorance. In the usa international anything will be met with ignorance.

I can say just by living my life it has been an education for many people. It's led other guys to look to latinas.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 09:31:30 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 05:57:45 AM »
bcc_1_2 said:
Women are using men plenty inside the united states. Leaving the usa doesnt take away the risk it just allows you to fish in a better pond.

Skepticism can be heathly. The problem is with international dating there is a lot of ignorance. In the usa international anything will be met with ignorance.

I can say just by living my life it has been an education for many people. It's led other guys to look to latinas.
Indeed. My friend did an unscientific survey by comparing international marriages to domestic ones. It seemed the international marriages had a tendency to last longer, (I think he filtered out the fraud based on the length of marriage). But if you look at it, both parties have a lot of 'skin' in the game, (maybe that's not a good metaphor! :)) ) I never in my life would have considered a Latina as a prospective spouse. But when the ex left me about 6 years ago, there I was. Like I previously stated, I've had my heart broken many times, and spent countless amounts of money but I have enjoyed every minute of it and wouldn't take any of it back!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:59:46 AM by Wildstubby »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 06:00:59 AM »

Hopefully people learn from experience,  but many of us don't. Many repeat the same things, insanely expecting different results. Many are blinded by beauty.

The facts are is that while there are lots of theories and suggestions, people practice their own way regardless. Besides, there's no 'sure fire' handbook, not here, not anywhere. Even if there was, a lot of people wouldn't follow it anyhow.

And most relationships, here or there, fail. Is it any wonder?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 267