It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Photo galleries of Colombia  (Read 1139 times)

Offline vikingo

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Photo galleries of Colombia
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
Nice link vikingo.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:49 PM »
There are some lovely images there--thanks again, Vikingo. So much diversity in nature, in the 'look' of the people, cultural manners, etc.

A while back, when Joe Arroyo passed away, I think it was Whitey who put a similar link that was attached to the music of Arroyo's songs--it had many striking pictures of Colombia.

Brazil seems to have a lot of the same diversity, but I sense they think economically on a grander scale and that in terms of the future, Brazil is an interesting country to watch. Not too many nations can just think "Let's create a major city in the middle of nowhere' and do just that.

I look at nations like Brazil, as well as far away India and consider their brain power and available natural resources and wonder. I think in ten or 15 years, we'll probably be driving cars built there and imported here, using computers made there and getting data from satellites built and launched in those nations, among other things.

And they are not really known for aggressiveness--not known for getting involved in violent foreign conflicts as much as many traditional western powers have been.

They even have some strong proponents for doing economic things in a sound ecological manner. Perhaps there's going to be changes--a 'new world order' so to speak and not l bad one at that. Hopefully debt, inflation and deflation can be controlled within reason and trade and labor agreements can be fair across borders, or else the USA may be in for a rough time.

I imagine there's a lot of different kinds of energies in the air in those nations and that it would be an interesting experience to take that in

I just wish I could speak Portuguese and Spanish!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:50:53 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:49 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats