It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Current Processing times  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Current Processing times
« on: June 10, 2018, 06:24:58 PM »
Am I seeing this right? I-485 Application for Permanent Residence they are processing April 24, 2015 and the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization processing is October 1, 2017. Are you shattin me??

http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/uscis-california-service-center-processing-times/

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Current Processing times
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 08:07:24 AM »
Am I seeing this right? I-485 Application for Permanent Residence they are processing April 24, 2015 and the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization processing is October 1, 2017. Are you shattin me??

http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/uscis-california-service-center-processing-times/

Your tax dollars at work. NOT! The way they figure it, it is mostly non-US citizens who use the USCIS so give them the worst service on earth. The USCIS makes most Third world bureaucracies look good.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »
The fees go up, the service gets worse. The Wall Street Journal reported this week that for the first time in a long time, there is a higher number of job openings than there are unemployed people.

Last week for the umpteenth time, we went downtown and saw able bodied bums pan handling for money. My wife wanted to give money, but I said "NO" pointing out that pretty much all the restaurants and a lot of businesses had 'help wanted' signs in the windows.

I explained that a lot of restaurants would put people working on the dishwashing machine, pay them and give them a good meal.

Hell, we have shelters that'll do that and give them a bed to sleep in, if they're not drunk or high.

90%++ of the time you give a pan handler money, it goes to booze, drugs and cigarettes.

My wife was so hyped up on wanting to work ASAP that she wanted to work at McDonalds, but I held out and she started at JC Penney, then a couple weeks later, a Public School hired her.

There are a lot of jobs that US citizens are too lazy or proud to do.

Hell, to a large extent, immigrant labor built our country, it's infrastructure and still provides us reasonably priced foods for our tables.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
The fees go up, the service gets worse. The Wall Street Journal reported this week that for the first time in a long time, there is a higher number of job openings than there are unemployed people.

Last week for the umpteenth time, we went downtown and saw able bodied bums pan handling for money. My wife wanted to give money, but I said "NO" pointing out that pretty much all the restaurants and a lot of businesses had 'help wanted' signs in the windows.

I explained that a lot of restaurants would put people working on the dishwashing machine, pay them and give them a good meal.

Hell, we have shelters that'll do that and give them a bed to sleep in, if they're not drunk or high.

90%++ of the time you give a pan handler money, it goes to booze, drugs and cigarettes.

My wife was so hyped up on wanting to work ASAP that she wanted to work at McDonalds, but I held out and she started at JC Penney, then a couple weeks later, a Public School hired her.

There are a lot of jobs that US citizens are too lazy or proud to do.

Hell, to a large extent, immigrant labor built our country, it's infrastructure and still provides us reasonably priced foods for our tables.

I have to laugh when some people say that illegals get welfare and food stamps etc. They must not know any illegals because those people work their asses off. I would like to deport all the US citizen meth heads and keep the illegals.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »
I've mentioned several times how rain or dry, hot or cold, you can go to an area around here and see a bunch of guys, mostly Mexicans and from Central America, huddled, waiting for some people to hire them as day laborers.

When my wife managed a Chick-fil-A restaurant, people like that were the best workers they ever had.

Some pretty much had to work in the back, because they couldn't speak English.

I remember sometimes my wife would sadly tell me how one of them had enough of life in the USA, how they missed their family too much. She really liked and respected them and when I'd meet them, I could tell the respect and understanding was mutual.

I get the same vibe at Ci Ci's Pizza here, where they hire people who can hardly speak English, but they always, as good customer service requires, smile and they work circles around native born USA teenagers, never stop moving.

I also notice at some places, elderly people, well into their 70's, who put so much more effort in than teenagers.

We're like the end of the Roman Empire, where we, like they wanted, want other people to do every thing for us and for other nations to provide us with everything we consume.

Just an increasingly lazy ass nation, where even those on welfare show a nasty, indignant attitude to those who do work, and hate the convenience store owners of the shops that sell them booze and cigarettes, junk foods and lottery tickets, simply because they're a different ethnic group.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:40:04 AM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
The GOVT, UCIS ought to realize that since these fiancees are going to be here a while, letting them work if they want to, and not getting used to sitting home alone for much of six or eight months and getting used to being bored and lazy, would be a good thing.

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »
I was having a conversation with my cousin last summer. Tourism in Western SD has really dropped over the years. He has been trying to sell off his building for the last couple years and he said if he doesn't get rid of it in the next 3 he will probably loose everything he has. One of the stores he operates in the building is a gift shop, lots of stuff for the kids and games for kids in other stores. He told me one of his observations was you see people walking around town but no one is carrying bags. If they are, they are carrying food. Tourists come in and out of the woods, drive around and that's about it. His restaurant doesn't earn crap for tips. It's like the whole nation turned into backpacker tourists that don't spend any money. They shove their kids into his store to use his restroom and shove them right out telling them, "we are not buying you anything..." But I sat there and this one Hispanic family was checking out all the nick knacks, buying gifts and grab bags, playing the games and jumping off the bungee tower smiling and laughing. They were having a genuine good time. My cousin then stated that the Hispanic families, most coming out of Colorado are the biggest spenders on tourism in town by far. We watched them and it was like watching the many families growing up in the 70's in the same building, only back then those families were all white Americans. Then it clicked, if you look at the difference in the family unit most Hispanic families are very tight and it seems many of the born citizens are in dysfunctional families and seem more disconnected compared to how we were 30-40 years ago. Just an observation.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »
I remember as a kid my parents piled us in the car and we drove from Michigan out and all over the west. Black Hills, Badlands, Rapid City etc. We had a good time and we weren't rich, but we certainly spent some and my Mom always made sure good people got good tips for good service.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299