It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: ...Waiting on Greencard  (Read 1541 times)

Offline jonno

...Waiting on Greencard
« on: September 07, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
How long after her appointment is the wait for the greencard (im in Michigan)? Its been 3 months since she was ok'ed. In the meantime, can she still travel to Colombia? The appointment letter informed us that her permanent residency status had been extended. All the ID she has is her expired card, the letter, her passport and driver license. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 03:56:33 PM by jonno »

Offline sean126

Re: ...Waiting on Greencard
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
Which greencard?  The 2 year or the 10 year? 

After the adjustment of status from our k-1 visa...when we went for the interview at  immigration it was about 2 or 3 weeks I think until she got her 2 year card.  I don't know how they do it for the 10 year card...but 3 months seems like a long time after your appointment.  I'd call them. 

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »
I ass-u-me that she filed the I-751 for Removal of Conditions?

Until the appointment, she should have an extension notice extending her Green Card expiration for one year. Have her keep a photocopy of the extension notice with her expired Green card. With those and her un-expired passport, she can travel outside the country and return.

After they approve the I-751, she will usually be instructed to make an appointment to appear at the local office. They should take her old card and photos and stamp her passport with an I-551 stamp, which is her temporary Green Card. The stamp should be good for one year. If she still doesn’t have her new card after a year, make an InfoPass appointment for your local CIS office and they can stamp her passport with another extension.

My wife waited over two years after her I-751 approval and never did receive her new Green Card. When she was naturalized she no longer needed it anyway.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:07:42 PM by Ray »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »

Offline william3rd

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »
Make an appointment at the district office to speak to an officer.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864