It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Preparing photos for Visa Interview  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Looking4Wife

Preparing photos for Visa Interview
« on: February 15, 2007, 07:17:08 AM »
I am trying to compile photos for our upcoming Visa Interview (i.e. photos of my wife and I together to help establish proof of a bonafide relationship).

The programs I have at my disposal are:

1. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
2. IrfanView

With both of these, I know how to easily lay out a good looking (proportionate) "Landcape" sheet of 9 photos (3 x 3).

However, since we have hundreds of photos, I would prefer to get a "Portrait" sheet of 15 photos (3 across, 5 down).

I know I can keep playing with IrfanView (seems more flexible than the Windows program), but I thought I might try to save hours and hours by asking my peeps in cyberspace...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Preparing photos for Visa Interview
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:02 AM »
Keep it simple.

You normally submit a small number of photos as evidence of meeting/valid relationship. In addition, carry along more pictures to show in case they are interested during the interview.

If you have prints, just put them in a small photo album. Prints with a date stamp are even better, but not required. Hand written notations under the photos or on the back are a nice touch.

In addition to photos of you two together, include some of other family members or group shots with you in them. Also, pics of your family, your dog, your car, your home, your hometown, etc. She should be able to name the folks in the photos or describe the scene. This stuff helps show a genuine relationship.

Good luck...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:51:32 AM by Ray »

Offline Looking4Wife

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
In addition to photos of you two together, include some of other family members or group shots with you in them. Also, pics of your family, your dog, your car, your home, your hometown, etc. She should be able to name the folks in the photos or describe the scene. This stuff helps show a genuine relationship.

Good point, Ray.  I thought about including the family shots also (i.e. us with her family, etc.), but I keep letting it slip my mind.  Those are just as important as just me and her together.  Thanks for the reminder.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats