Forum > Latin -> General discussion

Tribute to Pete E

(1/10) > >>

Dan:
In grateful memory of Pete E and his many contributions to this board, and others, over the years, I'd like to invite you who knew him - through personal meeting or via the board - to offer your comments of what Pete meant to you.

In terms of his participation at Planet-Love and Goodwife, there is no more prolific contributor than Pete. I see his first posts appear in June of 2001, and in the ensuing years, he contributed nearly 5000 posts to the board.

If any of you have any particularly memorable posts by Pete, please feel free to re-post them. You can search the archives for his posts - more than 40 pages of them - by visiting this URL -- http://www.goodwife.com/smf/index.php?action=search - you will need a search term, so use something ubiquitous like the letter 't' - and search for user: Pete E

Finally, events such as this remind us all that there are more important things than discussion boards and petty annoyances. All bans are permanently lifted in order that ANYONE who wishes to contribute to this tribute to Pete may freely do so.

Sadly,

- Dan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Note: This was added on 8/27/06
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pete E's son Wrote:
I will either wire the money to her on a monthly basis or send her an ATM card that she can use anytime she likes.

Wells Fargo is located in twenty-three states. So, anyone that wants to make a contribution can go to any Wells Fargo bank and make a deposit directly into the account. Alternately, you can mail a check to me and I will deposit it into the account. Just write "Donation For Beatriz" in the memo section of your check. I could not set the account up in her name with out her providing Identification and signing a signature card. I set up a new account with my name and the title "Donations for Beatriz".

My address is:

Barry Eiguren
2530 Calma Ct.
San Jose, CA. 95128

Please provide donations to: “Donations For Beatriz” Wells Fargo Acct. 7733382365

Or mail them to:

“Donations For Beatriz” c/o Barry Eiguren
2530 Calma Court
San Jose, CA 95128

Please note that we are also trying to arrange a PayPal account for Beatriz. While this takes more time and coordination, we wanted to be able to do as much as we could for her quickly. Please check back about the details of the PayPal account.

Sincerely,

Barry, Susan and Christa Eiguren

By "check back," anyone can do so by visiting a link the family has set up for Pete here:

In Memory of Pete Eiguren

Information for direct donation to Beatriz:

Here is her information in Colombia, all confirmed:

BEATRIZ MARIA CASTRO
DAVIVIENDA BANK
ACCOUNT # 017370039509

Her Email: beticas36@hotmail.com
Her other email: beatriz.beticas36@gmail.com

If you are going to send the wire from a US bank you'll also need the following info besides her name and bank account #:

Beneficiary's Bank: Banco Davivienda SWIFT CODE: CAVDCOBB

Receiving Bank: Citibank SWIFT CODE: 021000089

All wires from the US to Colombia are sent throught Citibank. It's mandatory that you have the SWIFT codes for both the Colombian bank and Citibank in order for the wire to be sent.

Jamie:
You will find few men as revealing of themselves in their quest for a good woman as Pete was. His chronology of posts has lessons for all and ends in triumph.

ITESM:
On behalf on the Rodriquez family we offer in this brief post, our prayers and sentiments for the family members of Mr. Pete Eiguren.

Pete and his family were kind enough to offer a supportive environment for my wife and myself ....even prior to our marriage now of 5 years via his social events at his home in San Jose, California.

We will continue to remember Pete's famous gleaming smile which always best described his sincerity and generous character.

sean126:
I'm a new comer here and I didn't know Pete personally but I can see that he was well respected and enjoyed life.  
I wish to offer my prayers and sympathy to his family for their grief and loss.  The important qualities of Pete will continue to be with his family and friends as they remember him throughout life.  He will continue to be a part of them because he has undoubtly touched their lives in a positive way.  I believe life is not what we take, keep or acquire, but what we give of ourselves and from some of the responses I've read...Pete was generous with his "self."

I am reminded of a country song that says...."Heaven only cries for the living, because they are so far from home."   I pray that Pete hears "Well done, good and faithful servant.....WELCOME HOME."  

Avispa:
I never got down to Cali to visit him, but I've read his posts since day one. He was a very interesting man. We shared an interest in libertarian politics, used to email each other.  I'll miss his posts. Damn shame. Rest in peace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version