Forum > Latin -> General discussion

Dennis Levy

(1/23) > >>

LatinIntro:
I heard Dennis Levy got mugged and may have been seriously or fatally injured in Medellin this morning from an unreliable source. Can anyone confirm or hopefully rectify this terrible news?

fathertime:
Wow.  that is absolutely awful, if true.  Hopefully he was only injured.  Keep us posted on what the hell has happened to dennislevy...by his accounts he had finally settled into a more secure lifestyle, so this is tragic, if it is accurate.  :(   I feel real bad for dennislevy. 

Fathertime! 

Fuzzyone:

--- Quote from: LatinIntro on April 25, 2012, 10:11:30 AM ---I heard Dennis Levy got mugged and may have been seriously or fatally injured in Medellin this morning from an unreliable source. Can anyone confirm or hopefully rectify this terrible news?

--- End quote ---

That would really suck the guy has traveled all over S.A. and finally settled down to have this happen to him? I don't believe it I think it is all B.S.!

fathertime:

--- Quote from: LatinIntro on April 25, 2012, 10:11:30 AM ---I heard Dennis Levy got mugged and may have been seriously or fatally injured in Medellin this morning from an unreliable source. Can anyone confirm or hopefully rectify this terrible news?

--- End quote ---

Well I'd be curious to know more about who has originated this information, because I just read on another site that dennislevy was dead, that was coming from a guy who claims to be 'btb', of all people.  the circumstances seemed rather suspicious though, and I have a hard time believing it would go down the way that source claims it did.   I don't know though, I'm not seeing anybody step forward here and say they have spoke or contacted Dennislevy today, and he has quite a few friends, so that is a troubling sign.     

Fathertime! 

LatinIntro:
Unfortunately, it seems this terrible news is true. I received a call early this morning from a lady member asking if I had contact information for Dennis' family in the states. She informed me that Dennis had been shot in a mugging. I just received another call from a friend of Dennis confirming that Dennis was mugged at gunpoint, refused to hand over what he had, and was fatally shot.

I got to know Dennis pretty well during his initiation in Colombia. I had not spoken to him in recent years but I know he was a pillar of support and information for many people in this board and for north americans travelling to Colombia. His passing will leave a void in our  lives.

If I can be of any assistance to friends or family here in Bogota, my email is nelson@latinintro.com and my personal usa number is 305-767-4474.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version