Forum > Latin -> General discussion

pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.

(1/22) > >>

singlefather no more:
pan de bono aka whomestrong is fighting for his life right now..He needs urgent help..

I have read many of his posts over the years and always liked the guy.. He feels that he is near death and has nobody to help him.. We don't need to lose another great poster..

Can we raise money for him here ? or anyone live near him ?

The following is emails that he has sent out to people telling about his situation and asking for help.. Can we raise money for him here ?

I give credit to Sir Jake for making the latest information and emails known..

I put some of his comments in bold and red color..

Here it is..

----------------------

The Update:

Many people have called and emailed me asking for the update of my experiences. Everything of course has been put on hold for about 2 weeks because of the circumstances that have occurred in my life these last few days.

I am very weak and just trying to survive right now so I will give you the short version of what has been happening.

Well lets see where did I leave off?? I don’t recall?

Lets start here: I was told my cancer had returned and I need to start radiation and chemo immediately…ok. I was told that before the treatments I needed to have a feeding tube installed into my intestines.

I was sent to a general surgeon in Mesa ( I will not mention names in this email), he said he could fix my hernia with a mesh and at the same time put in a feeding tube, I agreed and the surgery was set.

I got the surgery, was an outpatient,.

The very next day I was admitted to ER because I could not urinate, they put in a catheter and sent me home.

Two days later I had an appointment with the Oncologist to set up radiation treatments. While at his office I became very ill and could not even walk. They called the ambulance and I as taken to Banner Baywood hospital in Mesa.

I was admitted and told I had staff infection from my feeding tube and hernia surgery. I will not go into the long details about my 6 days at Banner Baywood hospital fighting a staff infection, all I can say is that it was the closest I have been to hell.

I could sit around and tell you stories of incompetence and pain and attitudes and unforgivable treatment all day but I wont.

Yesterday the doctor (surgeon) said I could be released. This even though my ankles have a slight swelling and the feeding tube area is obviously still infected. Why did they release me under these condition??? I don’t know? But im not at all surprised.

I will never go back to that hospital again, even if im dying , just take me some where else.

The problems don’t stop , im home now, but it not a good situation. I am all alone and have no regular help with day to day things that need to be done. I am hooked up to a feeding tube machine and I am fed 24/7 through this tube. I cant eat, only water, I can barely get to the bathroom[/color]. I have to change my own bandages and wash myself and prepare my medications, there is no one to help me do these things. I am very weak and cant do much of anything.

Today I couldn’t take it anymore and I have earlier put a shout out to my friends, fellow EC members and anyone receiving my email to please help me in my time of need. I have many things that need to be done that I just cannot do.[/color]

If any of you can help me please email or call me and let me know what you can do and when you can do it.

Talk to you all later, I am becoming very tired and dizzy at this time so I will say good bye .

God Bless all,

WS

--------------------------------------
2nd email

Im in big trouble friends, I just tried to flush my feeding tube which is in my abs, I need to flush it everytime I hook up a new feeding bag.

Big problem the tube will not flush, I CANNOT get the water to flush, so I hooked up the feeding tube and it also is blocked it will not accept the liquid food.

Im in big trouble!!! The Doctors have killed me!

Im going to try to flush the tube once more, as I am getting very weak and dizzy right now.

If you do not hear back from me in a few minutes it means I am either on my way to the hospital in an ambulance or I have expired.

God bless you all and thank you all for being my friend.

I go now to try to flush the tube again.

God Bless,

john

--------------------------------
Can we keep this thread in the general section where most posters go ? If it is moved to the off topic section nobody hardly will see it..

He posted here last in the off topic section 3 weeks ago and I never saw it..

His latest thread over 3 weeks ago below..

http://www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php?topic=2978

We need to pull together to help our fellow poster..

He is my prayers,

singlefather

catz:
This topic has been stickied <sp> so it will stay at the top of the forum section. On another board a member had a bad situation and many of us sent donations via PayPal to get him back on his feet again.

Is there someone close to him that would take this on? Set it up, make sure he gets it, and can perhaps use some of the money to get him some help?

bigstew33:
I think he should talk to a social worker from the hospital.  Maybe they can set him up with hospice care.  Maybe even a lawyer could help.

Dave H:
I tried calling the City of Mesa (480) 644-2011 to inquire about a number for social services. Unfortunately no one answers when I try to reach the operator. I found the phone number to Banner Baywood Medical Center Social Services (480) 321-4245, unfortunately I don't have any info on pan de bono's real name, address or phone number. If someone has this info please call them and John and they can probably arrange help.

http://www.bannerhealth.com/Locations/Arizona/Banner+Baywood+Medical+Center/Programs+and+Services/Social+Services/Social+Services.htm

Banner Baywood Medical Center Social Services   

Often a patient's needs extend beyond the walls of the hospital. Our Social Services representatives can assist with social, emotional and financial problems resulting from hospitalization and smooth the transition to any continued care that might be needed. They also work with patients and their families to help deal with long-term illness and rehabilitation and are also involved in discharge planning. Call (480) 321-4245.

Dave

Dave H:
It is easy to fall through the medical system cracks if you don't have family or friends watching your back. Fortunately, I had my wife (nurse) and other Filipina nurses watching my back when I couldn't express my needs.

"PAN DE VIDA" AKA pan de bono can make it through this and LIVE! He just needs a little assistance at the moment in making sure his needs are being taken care of. Banner Baywood Social Services or the Health Department Social Services should be able to help him if they receive the necessary cantact info, are told the urgency that care is needed, and someone follows up with pan to make sure he is getting what he needs!

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version