It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.  (Read 44609 times)

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
pan de bono aka whomestrong is fighting for his life right now..He needs urgent help..

I have read many of his posts over the years and always liked the guy.. He feels that he is near death and has nobody to help him.. We don't need to lose another great poster..

Can we raise money for him here ? or anyone live near him ?

The following is emails that he has sent out to people telling about his situation and asking for help.. Can we raise money for him here ?

I give credit to Sir Jake for making the latest information and emails known..

I put some of his comments in bold and red color..

Here it is..

----------------------

The Update:

Many people have called and emailed me asking for the update of my experiences. Everything of course has been put on hold for about 2 weeks because of the circumstances that have occurred in my life these last few days.

I am very weak and just trying to survive right now so I will give you the short version of what has been happening.

Well lets see where did I leave off?? I don’t recall?

Lets start here: I was told my cancer had returned and I need to start radiation and chemo immediately…ok. I was told that before the treatments I needed to have a feeding tube installed into my intestines.

I was sent to a general surgeon in Mesa ( I will not mention names in this email), he said he could fix my hernia with a mesh and at the same time put in a feeding tube, I agreed and the surgery was set.

I got the surgery, was an outpatient,.

The very next day I was admitted to ER because I could not urinate, they put in a catheter and sent me home.

Two days later I had an appointment with the Oncologist to set up radiation treatments. While at his office I became very ill and could not even walk. They called the ambulance and I as taken to Banner Baywood hospital in Mesa.

I was admitted and told I had staff infection from my feeding tube and hernia surgery. I will not go into the long details about my 6 days at Banner Baywood hospital fighting a staff infection, all I can say is that it was the closest I have been to hell.

I could sit around and tell you stories of incompetence and pain and attitudes and unforgivable treatment all day but I wont.

Yesterday the doctor (surgeon) said I could be released. This even though my ankles have a slight swelling and the feeding tube area is obviously still infected. Why did they release me under these condition??? I don’t know? But im not at all surprised.

I will never go back to that hospital again, even if im dying , just take me some where else.

The problems don’t stop , im home now, but it not a good situation. I am all alone and have no regular help with day to day things that need to be done. I am hooked up to a feeding tube machine and I am fed 24/7 through this tube. I cant eat, only water, I can barely get to the bathroom[/color]. I have to change my own bandages and wash myself and prepare my medications, there is no one to help me do these things. I am very weak and cant do much of anything.

Today I couldn’t take it anymore and I have earlier put a shout out to my friends, fellow EC members and anyone receiving my email to please help me in my time of need. I have many things that need to be done that I just cannot do.[/color]

If any of you can help me please email or call me and let me know what you can do and when you can do it.

Talk to you all later, I am becoming very tired and dizzy at this time so I will say good bye .

God Bless all,

WS

--------------------------------------
2nd email

Im in big trouble friends, I just tried to flush my feeding tube which is in my abs, I need to flush it everytime I hook up a new feeding bag.

Big problem the tube will not flush, I CANNOT get the water to flush, so I hooked up the feeding tube and it also is blocked it will not accept the liquid food.

Im in big trouble!!! The Doctors have killed me!

Im going to try to flush the tube once more, as I am getting very weak and dizzy right now.

If you do not hear back from me in a few minutes it means I am either on my way to the hospital in an ambulance or I have expired.

God bless you all and thank you all for being my friend.

I go now to try to flush the tube again.

God Bless,

john

--------------------------------
Can we keep this thread in the general section where most posters go ? If it is moved to the off topic section nobody hardly will see it..

He posted here last in the off topic section 3 weeks ago and I never saw it..

His latest thread over 3 weeks ago below..

http://www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php?topic=2978

We need to pull together to help our fellow poster..

He is my prayers,

singlefather

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:18:47 AM by singlefather »

Offline catz

This topic has been stickied <sp> so it will stay at the top of the forum section. On another board a member had a bad situation and many of us sent donations via PayPal to get him back on his feet again.

Is there someone close to him that would take this on? Set it up, make sure he gets it, and can perhaps use some of the money to get him some help?

Offline bigstew33

I think he should talk to a social worker from the hospital.  Maybe they can set him up with hospice care.  Maybe even a lawyer could help.

Planet-Love.com

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
URGENT!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:34:36 PM »
I tried calling the City of Mesa (480) 644-2011 to inquire about a number for social services. Unfortunately no one answers when I try to reach the operator. I found the phone number to Banner Baywood Medical Center Social Services (480) 321-4245, unfortunately I don't have any info on pan de bono's real name, address or phone number. If someone has this info please call them and John and they can probably arrange help.

http://www.bannerhealth.com/Locations/Arizona/Banner+Baywood+Medical+Center/Programs+and+Services/Social+Services/Social+Services.htm

Banner Baywood Medical Center Social Services   

Often a patient's needs extend beyond the walls of the hospital. Our Social Services representatives can assist with social, emotional and financial problems resulting from hospitalization and smooth the transition to any continued care that might be needed. They also work with patients and their families to help deal with long-term illness and rehabilitation and are also involved in discharge planning. Call (480) 321-4245.

Dave
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:37:19 PM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

It is easy to fall through the medical system cracks if you don't have family or friends watching your back. Fortunately, I had my wife (nurse) and other Filipina nurses watching my back when I couldn't express my needs.

"PAN DE VIDA" AKA pan de bono can make it through this and LIVE! He just needs a little assistance at the moment in making sure his needs are being taken care of. Banner Baywood Social Services or the Health Department Social Services should be able to help him if they receive the necessary cantact info, are told the urgency that care is needed, and someone follows up with pan to make sure he is getting what he needs!

Dave

Offline Dave H

Hi catz,

We are all one big happy family here! Can you sticky this topic at the top of the Asian forum section also. Some of the guys may live in that area. Many Filipinas are nurses or health care workers and might be able to assist or find pan help.

Dave

Offline catz

Hi catz,

We are all one big happy family here! Can you sticky this topic at the top of the Asian forum section also. Some of the guys may live in that area. Many Filipinas are nurses or health care workers and might be able to assist or find pan help.

Dave

Done

Offline Patrick

Does anybody know his phone number or real name?  If so, they should contact the hospital.

Update on pan de bono aka whomestrong
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »

All members I am able to report that zack who is a poster here and a USA Medical doctor was able to get pan de bono aka whomestrong contact information and called him on the phone..

pan de bono aka whomestrong had 2 neighbors helping him and they were about to take him into emergency to get his feeding tube fixed..

I have asked zack to post as soon as possible and maybe give pan de bono aka whomestrong contact info to Dave H or to maybe catz ..

zack,

Maybe PM catz with the contact info so that guys that live in the area or want to help can get his email address and phone number..

What a great board we have here..

singlefather

Offline Dave H

Thanks Catz for sticking it on the Asian Board!  Also thanks to Dr Zack for his follow up and singlefather for the update, to the concerned board members. and the great helping neighbors! The sooner pan de bono can get stabilized, the sooner he can begin life saving treatment. I don't know pan personally, but he seems like a decent guy who could use some good friends right now!

Dave H.

Offline Santanger

I dont get on PL much but popped in to take a look again. I am also an MD.  Give me a PM and i would be happy to give out my phone number if he needs assistance.  The swelling in the ankles is pretty concerning for kidney failure vs malnutrition vs heart failure vs all of the above.

Offline zack

I just spoke with Pan de Bono. He is home and doing better. His feeding tube was cleaned and is now working. Apparantly it needed to be flushed every 4 hours instead of every 12 hours (which is what he was told). He doesn't want his name and phone number posted here but if anyone wants to contact him his email address is:

<removed e-mail address at the request of pan de bono>

He will be posting here tonight and will give everyone an update.

Zack

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:17:01 PM by catz »

catz,

Can I request that we keep this thread on a sticky for the foreseeable future so that pan de bono can post ongoing updates on his health situation..

He can just keep posting on this thread and let anyone know what he needs for help and we can keep tabs on this thread , on pan de bono and help him out..

This way guys that don't post to often will not miss updates and we can do our best to help out pan de bono..

I am very very proud of all PL members , Dan & PL Admin and members of other boards in coming together and trying to help him out in his time of need..

pan de bono,

What do you think of keeping this thread as a sticky so you can pop on anytime to update was is happening and how we can help ?

I am up in Canada and I wish I was closer to help you.. I would be honored to help you in anyway at all..

If you need money I would be glad to help out raising it for you.. I know this might be a touchy subject for you but as catz mentioned it has been done before to help out guys..

God Bless,

singlefather PL

aka CanadaMan PBH , CB ,WLC

aka formerly WidowerfromCanada on PBH

Planet-Love.com

Dr. Santanger,

I think pan de bono would be happy to have your phone number.. You can PM it to me and I will pass it on to him or PM him directly..

Dr. Zack,

You are a good man Zack and on behalf of the guys here thanks for helping out..

Your Latina wife is a very lucky girl..

singlefather

Offline pan de bono

Hola! I am still here!
Pan De Vida

Offline Dave H

Hey Pan De Vida,

I am thrilled to see you are still here! As singlefather said, please keep us updated on how you are doing and any concerns and needs you may have.

Dave

Offline catz

SF,
 We don't sticky and unsticky things arbitrarily. If something is worth making a sticky topic that means that it is important and will stay that way for as long as needed.

Can I request that we keep this thread on a sticky for the foreseeable future so that pan de bono can post ongoing updates on his health situation..

He can just keep posting on this thread and let anyone know what he needs for help and we can keep tabs on this thread , on pan de bono and help him out..

catz,

Thanks , I was just inquiring and I did not know the rules on this.. Thanks oh sticky one who puts up sticky's..

singlefather

Offline catz

Thanks oh sticky one who puts up sticky's..

No worries SF.

I know I'm short, fat, bald, smelly, and ugly but I didn't know I was sticky too!  :D

On Topic:

pan de bono we're looking forward to hearing from you and are all pulling for your speedy return to health!

Offline pan de bono

i was going to lay the whole story that is ongoing on you today but i got so tired i couldnt type, plus i had some things to do.
yes its true my cancer has returned, i am not in good shape but i am fighting hard. and yes i need help in everyone, no one is helping me with the little but important things. Financially , yes i could use financial help as i am now coming up about $650 short every month to meed my financial obligations.
heres my email  <removed e-mail address at the request of pan de bono> any help or suggestions are welcomed. and doctor if you can contact me that would be really nice as i have some questions.
thanks everyone,
pan de vida aka whomestrong aka Scotty
please leave this thread up for me it is like a life line, thank you,
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:16:10 PM by catz »

Offline pan de bono

ok, hello fellow PL members. Zack emailed me and said there was a thread started recently about my situation. Thank you everyone for you concerns and suggestions. also i have recieved several emails thank you i appreciate the support.

ok, the story in a breif form.

3 years ago i got esophagus cancer, had surgery, no chemo or radiation, they said i was fine and i went on with my life.

around the first week of March this year i was told the cancer had returned in the same area. a tumor about an inch long in whats left of my esophagus has appeared.

bad news cancer reocurred bigger than before, and my chances of survival just went down several percentages, good news the cancer is located in one area and can possibly be killed or at least pulled back to a safer area giving me some more life time.

about 3 or 4 weeks ago the oncologist told me i needed to start radiation and chemo ASAP, he said he wanted to get a feeding tube installed in my intestines and get a stomach hernia fixed before we started treatments. i agreed.

he sent me to a general surgeon and i was scheduled for a outpatient surgery, went home and the very next day problems started. i could not urinate, so off to the ER they put in a catheter and i went home.

next day i had an appointment with my oncologist for a tour of the facility, while there i became ill and couldnt even walk. they took me to the ER in an ambulance, what a place of hell the ER. i spent 6 hours in ER as they moved me from place to place, i ended up in a hallway alone and freezing.

they told me i had istaff infection and admitted me to a hospital bed . when in my room i asked for water and pain killer the nurses refused to service me. i went with out for about 3 hours.

i spent the next 7 days in the hospital fighting a staff infection, it was a miserable week, i leeft ther with purple arms and a weight loss and swollen ankles

they brought me home and dropped me off and left me sitting in my living room at 10 PM with no one to help me. a man appeared from a company hooked up my intestine feeding tube and walked out. i passed out in a chair and slept.

during those first few days i had no help of any kind, i was under the impression that some sort of nurse or aid would be coming by to help me but no one showed up.

i needed so much to be done, the laundry, dishes, the house was filthy, i needed medications, other items, and there was no one to help me. thats when i emailed out a destress signal on the internet to everyone i knew, asking for any help or suggestions they could offer.

last night round three hit me, my feeding tube blocked and i could not get food or water into my system, i had to go to the ER again and have them unplug the tube.

since then many amazing things have happened, i have recieved hundreds of emails from all over the world, and recieved many kind helpful people.

one woman in SF called a cleaning service here in AZ and paid them to come and clean my house top to bottom.
 another man came to my house and trimmed the yard and fixed the drip system.
a man and woman came last night and cleaned out my fridge and fixed my computer printer.
another guy from NJ emailed me and he is sending certificates for Merry aids cleaning service to use when i want.
another woman in Tucson a 2 hour drive from here is coming up to my area to give me a haircut.
i have recieved hundred of get well and support from you guys and others around the world.

my situation is im kinda lonely here pinned up in the house and having to do all these things myself like feed myself through the tube, flush tubes, and other stuff. but i will survive.

right now i am a little worried about my financial situation as i am now living only on SSD about $1130 a month, even at bare minimum i come up short about $650 to $750 per month.

next wek i check in with the general surgeon and the oncologist and we are going to give this another try and schedule my radiation treatments.

i hope i am not dying, i have a funny feeling that they just sent me home to die, but then again, im a fighter and i plan to give this cancer thing one more good fight, idid it before and by golly i will fight it again. if i lose the fight so be it, if i win then im going to Cali and breath.

please anyone who has questions or suggestions feel free to post them here so all can see and join in with idea's or email me or both <removed e-mail address at the request of pan de bono> .

thank all of you for your concern and participation in my situation.

i am here ready to answer comments and questions,

pan de vida

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:15:33 PM by catz »

Offline pan de bono

Catz...i am recieving your PM's but i am unable to answer them??

please send me your email adress.
thanks
PDV

<removed e-mail address at the request of pan de bono>
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:14:39 PM by catz »

Offline catz

Info sent. Don't know why you can't respond. Everything looks to be correct in your profile.

Planet-Love.com

Offline pan de bono

catz i sent you an email, i think it went through , did you get it?

Offline catz

catz i sent you an email, i think it went through , did you get it?

Got it and replied. Thanks

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864