It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian Golfer In Hunt at Doral  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
Colombian Golfer In Hunt at Doral
« on: March 04, 2006, 04:45:04 PM »
Rookie Golfer from Medellin is near the top of the leaderboard at Doral.
Camilo Villegas from Medellin Colombia is becoming a crowd favorite. I watched today and he had a nice crowd with Colombian flags and colors following him. This kid has game, hits it long and can put. he will be a force in years to come i think. Tiger Woods even asked who he was ? Speaks good english as well, so tell your Colombianas to take note !
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Pete E

Colombian golfer
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »
You better believe we know about it here if you read the paper.Here its all soccer UNLESS a COLOMBIAN happens to be doing good at something else then we hear about it.I didn't follow how he did today but El Pais will let me know tommorow for sure.Winter Olypics?It didn't exist here,not on my TV chanels anyway.Boxing results?Never unless a South American does good.They did cover it when an Argentine won one of the Welterweight championships awhile back.
A little etnocentric here?ALOT!
And HOW can they stay interested in soccer 12 months a year?Its like its the ONLY game.
They wouldn't even know what the hell formula one racing was if it were not for a Colombian named Juan Pablo Montoya.

Pete

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »
The young man is 3 shots  off the lead and will be in the third to the last group teeing off tomorrow. He has a good game. He will win on the PGA tour i have no doubt. My fear is colombian drug money is backing his venture,i pray this is not so, but could be a logical assumption.

Viva Ecuador !

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »

Offline zapata

• Opted-Out
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 06:23:24 AM »
Kiltboy...WHAT????  you fear that Colombian drug money is backing his venture???  Tell me you aren't serious... I'm sure that Camilo would take great offense to that comment if you said it to his face, or any other Colombian for that matter.  Just the kind of stereotype that gives anything Colombian a bad name...Colombia=drug cartel....

You might want to know that Camilo attended the University of Florida, was SEC player of the year 2 years, and won 8 individual titles during his time there...He came in second in Phoenix a few weeks ago, participating there with a sponsorship exemption...

Evidently Kiltboy you have no idea on how the PGA tour works, and your comment regarding Camilo being backed by Colombian drug lords is completely baseless, ignorant, stereotypical, and STUPID...According to you, no Colombian came come to the US and be successful without being backed by Colombian drug lords...

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 11:17:25 AM »
I am competely aware that he attended UFLA. I said i hope that he was not funded with drug money, but if you look at most of the soccer teams in colombia, they are mostly backed by the drug cartels. I like the kid, so i have nothing against him and i like his spirit  AKA  Sergio Garcia. Hopefull he was backed by UFLA Alumni to be able to hit the natonwide tour and then the PGA. I did not unsult your intelegence in this reply to your sarcastic remarks. Maybe you need to look in the mirror a little more before you insult people and quite frankly , i do not know you and have never seen your posts, so i will assume you are arrogant in general

Viva Ecuador !

Offline zapata

• Opted-Out
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
You didn't insult my intelligence, you basically showed how "unintelligent" YOU are...You said it was a "logical assumption" that he is backed by drug money...where's the logic???   You can hardly compare Colombian "football" with participants in the PGA tour...Sorry Kiltboy, you were WAY off base on this one, admit it and move on...As far as insulting people, I MAY HAVE insulted you, but you insulted Camilo and an entire country...dry those tears...

BTW:  don't confuse arrogance with self-confidence, knowledge, and determination...something I AM full of.

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »
Nope

You have complete ARROGANCE.

Viva Ecuador !

Offline zapata

• Opted-Out
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »
great argument for your case that he's being backed by drug money...keep up the good work!!!

Offline conocerme

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 08:34:05 AM »
Hola zapata - como te va?  De donde eres?  Usted es colombiano?

Offline zapata

• Opted-Out
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 10:14:43 AM »
Conocerme....In order to live up to the arrogant label that Kiltboy pinned on me, I'm going to correct your spanish.  When talking or writing, try to stay consistent...i.e.  como te va?  De donde eres?  ERES COLOMBIANO?

OR

Como le va?  De donde es usted?  Usted es Colombiano?

That's it for today's lesson...

Offline conocerme

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 10:20:42 AM »
No offense taken zapata with the correction.  I had originally written eres colombiano but I was in a hurry and switched to the formal.

conocerme

Offline Beattledog

golf
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 02:07:29 PM »
This guy did fairly well

Beattledog

Offline Pete E

Camilo Villegas
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »
The kid is hot.He turned pro this year,played in 6 tournaments,came in in the money 4 times,came in second twice.13 th in money this year,over $800,000.He is 5th on the tour in driving distance.24 years old.
If he keeps this up Colombians might get to know there is a game called golf as well as one they call football.He is from Medellin,plays out of Florida.

Pete

Planet-Love.com

Camilo Villegas
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »

Offline zapata

• Opted-Out
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »
Yeah Pete, I just read where one of the Colombian Drug Cartels is paying him big money to wear a golf cap with their logo on it... :lol:

Offline Pete E

Camilo Villegas
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 07:41:05 AM »
Cartels have logos? I assume you are joking.I would think they wouldn't want publicity.
But,not every Colombian kid gets to go to college in the US and play golf.There has to be some money in his family at least.

Pete

Offline zapata

• Opted-Out
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »
Pete, I guess you didn't read Kiltboy's exchanges with me...but, if you believe  Kiltboy's "logic", anything could be possible... :shock:

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 137